[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is hatred towards transgirls based in misandry or misogyny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 1464759655119.png (549 KB, 591x592) Image search: [Google]
1464759655119.png
549 KB, 591x592
Is hatred towards transgirls based in misandry or misogyny?
>>
>>6313038
Sometimes I use my own cum as lube to finger my asshole.
>>
File: 1464811902018.jpg (223 KB, 1108x1478) Image search: [Google]
1464811902018.jpg
223 KB, 1108x1478
>>6313043
>tfw u always chicken out of cumming in ur own mouth right before climax and end up shooting into ur eye
>>
>>6313038
At it's core, it is hatred of ugliness. Beauty is one of the rare qualities that can override such prejudices as race, color, religion and origin.
Many MTFs are hons, they look like caricatures of people rather than real people.
Drag queens take off the wig and makeup when the show is over, its performance art.
The hon is simply an alien living amongst us. It is hard to tolerate for many people.
>>
>>6313038
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transphobia#Origins
>>
>>6313038
Misandry. Men are scum. Men are liars. Men betray confidence. Men have ahigher incidence of mental illness.

MTFs embody all this, live a lie, and exercise their gender privilege thinking they can be better women than real women.
>>
>>6313038
it depends on *why* they hate them

>trannies are men with a fetish
misandry

>why would a man lower himself to woman status that's sick
misogyny

etc.
>>
Misogyny.
>>
Normally misandry because the perpetrator doesn't think of the trans girl as a woman, they see her as a failed man. (That is, if it's because she's trans that she's getting the hate.)
>>
It can't just be misogyny, its a unique intersection of misogyny and misandry. Unattractive ciswomen don't get physically attacked or totally invalidated as woman.
>>
read the first chapter of whipping girl
>>
>>6316021
So misogony then, because the man is not truly accepting his superior status as a man and instead emulates the behaviour and look of the inferior woman.
Misandry would be if you hated a transman because he abandoned womanhood and became a man - which, coincidentally, the actual reason why TERFs (who are bona fide misadrists) hate transmen.

>>6316035
Yeah it's a good book.
>>
Even if its a terf saying "men appropriating woman" it is misogyny.

Any narrow definition of an idealized or authentic type of woman is misogyny.
>>
>>6313453
>exercise their gender privilege thinking they can be better women than real women

I wonder if anyone actually believes this for real. No transwoman goes into transition with enough self confidence to think she can be better than a cis girl. Cis girls are walking talking everyday reminders of what we will never be.
>>
>>6316035
I wish more people would read it. This board is almost always reminding me of why it's a good thing Serano wrote it, and a shame that it's consigned to really obscure sections of large libraries and book stores.
>>
>>6316131
That doesn't make sense for TERFs tho. TERFs are hardcore misandrists and their hatred of mtfs is probably the most intense out there. Their anti trans rhetoric is commomly used by social conservatives. It also doesn't make sense when it comes to this whole bathroom nonsense because people are attacking trans women in the name of women's safety. People are obsessed about protecting the wimminz and mtfs are largely treated as perverted men who are making a mockery of womanhood and femininity, which is still considered a sacred trait reserved only for natal females. Hatred of trans women stems from an irrational reverence for females and a primal instinct to protect them from other males. Males are seen as expendable, hardy and violent savages that need to be controlled and kept separated from the females because they're physically stronger than them. People apply that stereotype to nearly everyone they believe to be male.

From what I've seen, TERFs don't hate trans men and they don't treat them nearly as viciously as they treat trans women. They just see them as misguided lesbians or confused little girls with internalized misogyny. They really just get condescension rather than the seething hatred trans women get.
>>
>>6313261
This
>>
it comes from many places depending on the person and the reason. The thing is they hit so many notes that people just rage

Such as lots of bathroom stuff comes from thinking all men are rapist, beauty standards though more comes from thinking women need to look amazing, which has only gotten worse as trans gets put in the spotlight and ciswomen cant pass (even to other women)
>>
>>6316227
It makes sense for terfs when you think about it in the sense that they are enforcing a narrow definition of woman. Its similiar to the reason why gender essentialism is misogyny
>>
seriously read whipping girl
>>
>>6316287
Their definition of a woman is simply what's in the dictionary for it: an adult human female. I'm not exactly sure how it can be narrow when it encompasses over three billion people. They believe gender to be a social construct based on sex that's used to opress females and they want it dismantled completely. What they don't realize is that gender will always exist in our society as long as sex does, and their very ideology is a byproduct of it. By enforcing sex essentiallism they're reinforcing gender and keeping traditional ideas of it firmly in place. It doesn't help either how they're prone to reinforcing negative stereotypes about males while viciously enforcing sex segregation in places where it's really unnecessary. Public bathrooms and shelters are a prime example.
>>
>>6313453
Misogyny. Women are vile. Women are liars. Women are treacherous scum.

News flash we men hate you just as much
>>
Neither. Being a tranny is misogyny in itself.
>>
>>6313038
misandry
>>
File: Whipping_Girl[1].jpg (129 KB, 240x360) Image search: [Google]
Whipping_Girl[1].jpg
129 KB, 240x360
>>6316218
>>6316035
Agreed. Absolutely worth reading.
>>
>>6313038
>>6313038
Tbh I think it's misandry. And I'm a transgirl.

I was transphobic too at one point cause I was in denial. I think people see us as faggot males when we're just normal females.

I think the lack of caring about transmen shows that gender roles towards (who people think are) females are much less strict than roles for men.

I remember just being myself, a little affectionate, just wanted to make everyone smile, and I was called a faggot for not being a sex obsessed dudebro.
>>
>misandry
not real btw
>>
>>6313453
How about ftms?
>>
>>6316542
>Their definition of a woman is simply what's in the dictionary for it: an adult human female.
That's a nice vague statement to point to for support "look it up in the dictionary!" but with little specific biological significance.
When terfs are pushed to be any more specific than that they create criteria to exclude transwomen that also catches other women that they would otherwise consider reel womyn, infertile women, intersex women, women without the exact same life experiences.
>>
>>6313453
Burn TERFs for fuel.
>>
>>6313076

Does it burn?
>>
>>6317527
>>I think the lack of caring about transmen shows that gender roles towards (who people think are) females are much less strict than roles for men.
Are you retarded?
>>
It's based in hatred for Cluster B psychos that hurt everyone around them by demanding that the world cater to their delusions instead of reality
>>
>>6319767
Are you retarded?
>>
>>6319842
No, but you are.

>it's easier to be a man
>therefore it's harder to be a man!
Literally kill yourself, tranny.
>>
>>6319864
drink bleach tumblr cunt
>>
>>6319878
Why would I be a "tumblr cunt"? tumblr loves abominations such as yourself.
>>
>>6313261
>some transwomen are ugly
>It is hard to tolerate for many people.

Thanks for the mediocre opinions, filthy pleb
>>
>>6317616
not him but holy shit it does
>>
>>6313038
Honestly a lot of it is that many transgirls look off. Like they're caught between man and woman and don't quite register as either. Only a tiny minority can pull it off to the point where they don't look alien.
>>
>>6316035
This should be mandatory reading to get your pills.

>>6316021
Congrats, you're a moron.
>>
>>6313453
how to spot a fat lesbian feminist with pink hair
>>
>>6313038
It's because they're men who still get to act like men and emit constant misogyny but get a free pass because they "feel" like a woman.
>>
>>6313453
this is bait.
>>
>>6313038
Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.
>>
File: serano.jpg (68 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
serano.jpg
68 KB, 600x327
>>6316035
>whipping girl
>book written by a gross rad feminist agp transbian
Yeah i'll pass.
>>
>>6313038
Neither, and both in a way.
It's based on gender roles and sexism in general. Transgendered people deviate gender roles in a way that pisses off by misandrists and misogynists. It's the same thing with homosexuals, for instance a gay man is seen as too feminine, which is bad because women are bad, but he's also still a man, which is bad because men are bad.
>>
>>6320163
>>
>>6313038

Misandry. Let me explain.

I think that when a man wants to transition into being a woman, people resent him for it. They think he is trying to live an "easier" live and to take some of the female privileges that women naturally have. Women don't want to admit that in the first world, they are basically treated as more valuable citizens who deserve protection. They don't want to admit this privilege, so they resent MtFs for wanting to take that on.

Whenever I see hatred for MtFs, it's virtually always rooted in "He doesn't DESERVE to be a woman". As if women have some mythical, protected status that only born-at-birth women should be able to enjoy.

Basically it comes down to the concept of female privilege, and how people only think that natural-born females should be able to have it.
>>
>>6326082
>women are treated as more valuable citizens
are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>6326157

they don't even have to sign up for the draft
>>
File: bit of both.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
bit of both.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>6313038
It is a concept which intersects multiple avenues of hatred from multiple ideologies and belief systems.

You're essentially the most effective troll you can possibly be by merely existing.
>>
>>6326164
>not been used in decades and will never be used again
gee whiz what a benefit!
>>
>>6319918
>implying it isnt true
>>
>>6313261
This is painful to hear for some but also true. Seeing is believing. I'm willing to bet that once the tech gets there and trans folks look good the hatred for them will nosedive.
>>
>>6326157
Not that person but it's a fact that women are widely seen as something to be protected and coddled because they can bear children, while the majority of men are considered expendable. This has been an attitude among many human cultures for centuries, and it's why stupid cis people and the media are freaking out about trans women using the women's restroom.
>>
>>6320163
>>6326060
A lifetime of socialization can't be undone instantly and I think some still act with a certain amount of entitlement but to tar them all in this way when they're so marginalized is extremely unfair. It is really sad to see the very same people who seek to dismantle gender flip out when men seek to embrace some aspects of womanhood.
>>
>>6326164

>muh draft
Feminists tried to abolish it, tard.

Also the draft was tied to the right to vote in most countries until the interwar period.
>>
>>6326484
You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>6313345
> The transfeminist theorist and author Julia Serano argues in her book Whipping Girl that transphobia is rooted in sexism.
> The transgender author and critic Jody Norton believes that transphobia is an extension of homophobia and misogyny.

Do you really expect wikipedia to be unbiased? Moderators there have political leanings, what's more they are chosen and kept as moderators depending on these leanings. If an analysis doesn't pleases them they'll abuse the rules to remove it while being much less strict with the ones that fits their ideas.

Besides everybody knows the SJW have way too much free time on their hands compared to normal people, allowing them to produce the most content.

Being privileged politically correct lazy fucks doesn't mean they're right.
>>
>>6326559
Nice argument you have there senpai.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.