[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
compliments that made your day!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_mcu131r6UE1qktqch.gif (637 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcu131r6UE1qktqch.gif
637 KB, 500x281
>Be at work (reception)
>Grim weather feeling down
>Visitor who's leaving stops me
>Can I just say how lovely it is to have a pretty hostess sitting on the reception desk for a change
>Guy I'm covering for is surly as fuck
>mfw
>Oh,,, errrr, thank you!
>My first random compliment

So guys, what random and unsolicited compliments have you received that just made your day?
>>
literally zero
:v
I'm happy for you though OP
>>
>work with my sister at same job but different floors
>random people always coming in and out of my floor
>see my sister during lunch break
>'You know someone asked me today if I had a sister that worked here'
>literally cannot believe it and think my own sister is hugboxing me
>>
I can count all compliments I've ever received from anyone beside my mother on one hand.
>>
>>6297338
One day!

>>6297348
That was literally my first thought at the time, this guy knows, he's just being nice. But I don't often get to feel good about myself so I'm calling it a win.
>>
>>6297350
I could too. I don't even need a hand to count them
>>
File: 1418090923716.jpg (71 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
1418090923716.jpg
71 KB, 432x432
>guy at work is pretty much the epitome of unsocial asshole
>it's not that he's an asshole, he's just generally extremely unsocial
>no one really likes him, which just makes him even more unsocial
>pretty sure he's a depressed alcoholic that is dealing with shit
>i see him at a local bar from time to time drinking after work
>have a crush on him because he oozes ultra manly man attitude despite that
>i fuck up and work and get grilled by boss
>everyone laughs
>feel like shit
>depressed unsocial guy actually pats me on the back, "It wasn't as bad as it seems, I saw your work. It was good"
>pretty much the first time he's ever talked to me
>felt amazing all day despite it all
>still feels good two weeks later
>>
>>6297397
Will you try and fuck him?
>>
I mostly get compliments about my hair and asking how I got there, bright red, and my nails occasionally, but I also get told I have a pretty name a lot, due to name-tag, and have been told a few times that I have pretty eyes.

Also tend to get creepy notes from random guys asking me out or with their numbers on it.
>>
File: 2 (2).jpg (37 KB, 118x133) Image search: [Google]
2 (2).jpg
37 KB, 118x133
i've been mistaken for a girl at work and on omegle.
i'm not exactly trans, but it makes me so happy. it makes me feel pretty and i love it.
>>
>>6297423
I will. But I'm pretty sure he's an unsocial asshole because he was married. i.e. straight
>>
File: 1464194071624.jpg (147 KB, 720x874) Image search: [Google]
1464194071624.jpg
147 KB, 720x874
>>6297335
not really a compliment, but a guy left me his number on a notepad, when he was leaving the waiting room at my doctors.
We have been the only two there i and just casually started a conversation, asking if he wants something from my ice tea cause i always get nervous and thirsty waiting for an appointment...
won't call him back though
Oh, and a lot of people laughed at (with?) me today, so i don't know if they just replied me smiling or i wasn't passing.
>>
>>6297971
I hate hearing laughter when I'm in public! That white hot fear in your veins as you wonder if it you they're laughing at.
>>
>>6297971
>We have been the only two there i and just casually started a conversation, asking if he wants something from my ice te
is this normal behavior in america?
who ever does something like this to a total stranger?
>>
>>6298175
i don't live in america
We smiled at each other for a while and just started smalltalk, is that strange to you?
>>
>>6298199
yes, it is very strange, who talks to a stranger?
i live in scandinavia though
>>
>>6298206
I live next door...
It's not strange at all?
>>
One time at a convention, one of the hostesses letting me and my dad in said she couldn't tell if I was a guy or girl. I was dressed uber-masculine and hadn't shaved at all, but I did have an earring in. I had stopped cutting my hair because I didn't fucking feel like it. Hugbox as fuck.
>>
File: 1384881579569.jpg (7 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
1384881579569.jpg
7 KB, 191x234
>>6297335
>be two years ago
>buying alcohol from liquor store
>get carded, have to show ID
>I hate showing my ID, I still have my male birth name and a "M" gender marker on it
>nervous as fuck every time I have to out myself this way
>person looks at birth date
>"Haha, there's no way you're 27."
>ask how old I look
>they say I could easily pass off for 19
>tfw kawaii teen
>was happy the rest of the day
>>
"Right now I just felt as if it was a girl touching me"
"Your hands are so perfect"
"Are you using any makeup on your eyes?" (no)
"If you were a woman, I'd tell you you're charming"
"I had no idea what you were going to look like!"
"Your hands are softer than a girl's!"

Also for some reason I'm now getting a lot of compliments from my family about my hair - they never liked my hair antics.

Vindication that AGP runs deeper than a fetish, and that it has definite perks as long as it isn't crippling.

X//>

Granted, some of them were probably backhanded compliments, but they still made me feel good about myself.
>>
Also:
"It's like you're the perfect Gemini - the perfect twins, a boy and a girl inside"
"Your masculinity always seemed less threatening than anybody else's, that's one of the reasons I've stuck around for so long"

Hard not to AGP when guys&girls keep validating it and it's influence on your behavior both knowingly and unknowingly.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.