[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Femme childhood required for successful transition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Little-Girl-Wallpaper-8.jpg (721 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Little-Girl-Wallpaper-8.jpg
721 KB, 1920x1200
Disclaimer: I am not asking whether someone CAN transition without a femme childhood, but how successful it will be.
Second disclaimer: Not interested in "oh I was so femme but then my family/friends/environment caused me to repress so I am actually really femme but just couldn't show it", I consider you to be in the same boat as me as much as you might protest.

It seems like all the most successful transgender girls knew since childhood and always behaved like the opposite sex and were girly and feminine.

Does the fact that I had a masculine childhood mean that I will never be as natural as girls like they are.

Do you need to be a feminine girly boy to be a feminine girly trans girl in a natural way?

Will I ever feel natural and not insecure over this? I am so jealous of my friends that have "foundational experiences" of femininity like acting really gay and wearing girl clothes and stuff (in a nonagp way)
>>
I fluctuated.

I had a couple male role models come by in my life once in a while, but I was always more feminine than my brothers, and i always had feminine desires and stuff. Going into my teen years I got a little edgy and tried to be some weird mash up of masculine and feminine wherein i wanted muscle, but i straightened my hair, and i wore girls' skinny jeans, but i still acted like an edgy faggot.

I DID repress it a little, especially as I hit my teen years. As a kid i was very shy, and i wasn't very physical, for a while my family thought i was gay, but you're talking strictly stereotypes.

Leave it to 4chan to assume that girls are always feminine. I don't even mean in a tumblr way, if you have female friends, they're really not some sort of feminine stereotype character.

They wear girl's clothes and makeup, they walk a little differently, but on the quiet they're just as weird and sometimes gross or physical or funny or fucked up as my guy friends.

I think you just need to relax. As long as you're not super masculine, and as long as you presumably look feminine, you'll be fine.

I don't have a huge amount of masculine interests, and gay guys teasingly call me a dyke all the time despite having short-ish hair and wearing mens clothes, so I'm willing to bet it'd take a little bit of image work, a little bit of voice work, and a little bit of walking work, and it'd be passable.

Voice, fashion, face, height/breadth, and walking. Those are things that will catch you out.
>>
>>5092807
You really had to at least be feminine in early childhood. I undestand a bit of overcompensation for a couple of years or so in middle school or high school, but the majority of your childhood has to be spent in as close to a female role as possible.

If you didn't experience that you'll end up one of those ugly SJW programmer transbian hons with dyed hair sucking each other's dicks while acting like men in every way possible.
>>
>>5092807
If you're feminine and girly since your childhood, and forever, that means your parents accepted you and thus drastically increased your chances of transitioning early.

If you have to repress then it means your parents may actually not be supportive and thus deceasing your chances of transitioning early dramatically.
>>
>>5092807
I'm pretty sure it's like learning a skill. Those that started early have a head start. But you will also start to accumulate experiences over the years that will make you feel more natural.
>>
File: giphy.gif (996 KB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
996 KB, 500x205
>>5092807
I was actually really femme during my childhood. I loved mermaid dolls, playing with girls and crap like that. I think my parents chalked it up to me being a kid, but when I went to middle and high school I was forced to stop, and had to start acting like a boy. I mean, not too much, people were always snidely implying I'm a fairy, but I refused to be masculine all the way. I was friends with girls, I thought like a girl, and was attracted to men like girls. And given the choice I always choosed feminine things.

Unfortunately during my late teens, early twenties I adopted more masculine manners in order to stop people calling me faggot left and right, and I think I went a little overboard...because now I can't really get rid of them. God I hate it when one of my friends reminds me that the way I sit isn't "ladylike" - okay to be fair, occasionally I was manspreading, but still. I hate policing my every movement.
>>
>>5092807
Gender role is stupid. I'm glad my childhood was filled up with DBZ and etc. Sure i do like powerpuff girls and blablabla but they are not my role model.

>>5092966
>If you didn't experience that you'll end up one of those ugly SJW programmer transbian hons with dyed hair sucking each other's dicks while acting like men in every way possible.

Hooray for the bait! Not everyone ended up like that.
>>
>>5092966
But I wasn't. I played sports and video games. I ran around outside with the boys and played rough games, I loved it. I wasn't feminine in early childhood. I had a few girl friends really young like before gradeschool but thats it, the rest of my friends were boys. Was I macho? No, I always deferred to more masculine and macho boys. But I wasn't feminine for sure.

Yet I still ended up lusting after masculinity and men when puberty came and still want to be a girl. So I am really nothing like those formerly straight transbians sjws. I am the complete opposite of a sjw.
>>5092984
But this isn't true. I have a friend whose father would beat her for "acting gay" and feminine and yet she still found ways to do it, to be herself. Even though shes been nearly knocked unconscious by her abusive father before. My parents would NEVER have reacted to me being feminine like that with such negativity yet I still followed my masculine gender role.
>>
>>5093018
Its not bait. That description fits a TON of American mtfs, especially on reddit.
>>
>>5093033
Ok, Mr.Dubs. I get being hon sucks. Nothing wrong with being trans lesbian and having dyed hair.

Care do you explain why that is wrong? And define acting like men.
>>
"femme" childhood? Just say feminine. Femme is a lesbian word.
>>
>>5093050
Its a gay word in general retard. Its not "lesbian". I don't even know shit about lesbians.
>>
>>5092807
I used to be very girly. I mean I would make dresses out of my tee shirts, learned to sew at 7 and used magic markers for makeup. I never had friends because I was considered gross by cis girls and guys would beat me up. When my mom found out about me acting feminine she beat the fuck out of me and tossed my through my bedroom window. She made me get my head shaved and if I showed any femininity around her I would be punished. She would make me sweep the street out in front of the house I shit you not. When I turned 13 I got a bag of clothes and makeup from a female cousin and was myself in private till I turned 17 and got beat up for telling my best friend I wanted to be a girl. I then repressed and manned up harder than anyone here. I didn't even know transition was an option till I turned 23 and got the internet for the first time. Now I am almost on hrt long enough to try and live at least part time as a female. I don't really think it will be hard because I kinda already know all about the female dynamic when it comes to conversations and stuff, all the groups I was in college with were all women because I found them easier to talk to and get along with.
>>
>>5093067
Idc kayla. I'm so sick of seeing your posts. You are so annoying. Get out of my thread
>>
File: wink.jpg (96 KB, 420x262) Image search: [Google]
wink.jpg
96 KB, 420x262
>>5093105
lel
its an open board sweetheart
>>
>>5093114
Why this board hates you, onii-chan?
>>
>>5093138
Because I am a tranny like no other.
>>
>>5093163
that is true, you certainly are the queen hon. you give everyone else hope that even though they might not pass, at least they aren't you.
>>
>>5093170
She's a hon?!
>>
>>5093170
wow ur a dick
>>
>>5092807
Nah. I've seen some MTFs who did okay with a fairly masculine upbringing. I'm sure acting more feminine generally helps, but it's not necessary.
>>
>>5093228
I don't "want" to act masculine though. I want to be feminine like a normal girl.
>>
>>5093245
Stop with this gender role, it's embarassing.
>>
>>5092807
I was "masculine" as fuck like >>5093018 or more.
I wanted to be Vegeta.

Also, most women aren't "feminine" at all.
>>
>>5093138
She's been horrible to everyone here for years. I'm glad she finally started getting her shit together, but I'm not surprised some people still find her unbearable.
>>
>>5093287
>>5093297
Most girls are feminine. Maybe not in weeb circles.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.