[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm straight and Christan. OK, if you're still reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
I'm straight and Christan.

OK, if you're still reading then I guess my "I'll filter myself for the people who don't like me" worked. Either that or you're looking for some trolling tonight (I say welcome, trolls. You're hard workers). Or maybe I'll get reported for trolling, Even though I'm not trolling.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of people saying that gays and "gay actions" are morally wrong and sinful. They're not! Come on, let's all get along.
And before someone quotes the Bible with a belief that the Bible says gays are wrong, don't forget that the Bible is still a piece of HISTORY. Those (debatably) homophobic scriptures are just a reflection of the past societies.
Look, not all Christians hate you and think you're wrong. In fact, a growing number of Christians think you're perfect just the way you are, and want you to know that Jesus loves you more than you'll ever know. I understand you hate religion because it's seems so stupid and ignorant, but that's because politics are to blame. Politicians use religion to manipulate people because they're greedy, which is sinful.

I don't care if 1000 people think this is a useless, annoying post; i am just hoping that at least one lurker reads this and at least changes their mind a little bit, and gives Christ a shot.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.
OK now you can type your angry replies and what not.
>>
>>6290929
Some of you genuinely follow his words, you guys are nice. Please keep the biggots from stoning us.
>>
..........................................................................................................................................................................................I don't give a fuck about Christians or Jesus.
>>
I feel sorry for my lesbian catholic friend because honestly her religion hates her.

She works around it to accept herself but it's not easy.
>>
>>6290929
>I understand you hate religion because it's seems so stupid and ignorant
I hate fundamentalism and extremism more, really. Me being an atheist is only tangentially related to that; it's more a tickbox on the list of reasons I'm glad I'm an atheist than a reason for me /to be/ an atheist.
>>
>>6290929
Glad to see there's somebody who actually reads the Bible and pays attention to it.
Besides, all the scriptures condemning homosexuality were edited in the middle ages for political reasons anyway. For instance, Sodom was destroyed because they were inhospitable and disrespectful, not because they were gay.
>>
I'm a (secular) Humanist, but I love religion. I'm a big fan of Jesus. There's a lot of people who call themselves Christians, and you hear about them in the media a lot. But there's also a lot of Christians. They get that it's really just about the love.
>>
File: rbcross.jpg (106 KB, 761x1049) Image search: [Google]
rbcross.jpg
106 KB, 761x1049
>>6290929
Thank you for thinking of us and stopping by to share your kind words, OP. It means a lot.

We have gay Christian threads here fairly regularly and they inevitably get inundated with angry fedoras. I don't imagine this thread will end up much differently, but just know that many of us here have already accepted Christ and are actively trying to share the Word of God with our LGBT brothers and sisters.
>>
>>6290929
I don't plan on converting from atheism, which saved me from religion, and I'll probably never stop hating God for cursing me with this mental illness and never answering my prayers.

but I'll stop hating Christians if enough of you establish your self on a >doctrine< that that says its okay to be gay
>>
File: KPtGhWEb.jpg (9 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
KPtGhWEb.jpg
9 KB, 160x160
>I don't care if 1000 people think this is a useless, annoying post

more like 1000 people think you are a useless, annoying faggot
>>
>>6290929
Thanks anon.
>>
>>6290929
Both heterosexual and lgtb we can sin if we Christians be what you are if you hurt another is a bad thing regardless of your sex , as if you do something good orientation. But I also think that God loves us as we are . Religion is quite interesting if we see from theology or read books written by saints. This books have ideas about love un general or life.
>>
>>6290929

Thank you, anon. Your heart is in the right place, and I'm glad I stopped to read this. I was brought up on the notion that Christianity was a religion of love, and I hope more people start to see things from your perspective.
>>
>>6291111
Nowhere in Scripture does it say that homosexual acts are wrong in and of themselves.
>>
>>6291223
[citation needed]
>>
>>6290929
Jjjjjjjjjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssss!

p.s. I do not believe in said sky wizard. Nor do I wish to go to is club in the sky after I die.
>>
>>6291223
psshhh, so is oral copulation, I don't see anyone complaining about that.
>>
>>6290929
You shouldn't compromise your salvation for feels, anon. While I agree that lgbt issues are being used for political expediency, and to give churchgoers an easy scapegoat to look down on, we all know the biblical stance on faggotry. And don't even pretend that trannyism isn't a blatant violation of the 10th commandment. That doesn't mean people should be treated poorly or discriminated against, but we need to recognize sin for what it is.

The best thing someone like myself can do is lay low and not be a stumbling block for the elect. Have a good life, anon.
>>
If you treat the Torah as merely an historical document then it makes no sense to worship the deity depicted within because there are many, many mythological historical descriptions of peoples and nations. Why would you choose this one in particular?

If you don't then the Torah's pretty clear on male homosexuality being evil, on slavery being okay, on committing genocide on gentiles being okay..

Either way I think mysticism of any sort ultimately harms mankind and impedes progress because, if nothing else, people waste an immense amount of time doing actions which don't actually benefit them such as praying. If you want things to change then standing on your own two feet and *acting* to make them change is the only way forward. Naturalism is the only approach which makes sense.
>>
>>6291655
>the Torah's pretty clear on male homosexuality being evil

Only in the context of pagan ritual worship.
>>
>>6290929
You're lukewarm and care more about society's beliefs than the word of God.

ME CUMMING is not as important as your religion, pal. Now stop virtue signalling and go read the Bible.
>>
File: 1439585027762.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1439585027762.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>6291213
>>
why do christians take the bible for granted ?
its just a book that was re edited a shit load of times in order to appeal to momentary politicians, kings, empereors.
also believing in hell and saying christianity is a religion of peace rather than fear is a contradiction
>>
>>6291655
>people waste an immense amount of time doing actions which don't actually benefit them such as praying
gay fedoras are the worst
>>
>>6292669
>re edited a shit load of times
I hate this meme. You realise we have like some of the earliest manuscripts and the differences are marginal. Usually the "re-edits" where about placing theological emphasis on certain verses, in fact I have never heard of an actual historical example of a translation of the Bible created for political purposes.
>>
>>6290977
>>6290929

>Jeebus is all about love and tolerance, hurr durr

I really hate these cuckolded fake christians
>>
>>6290929
You sound like a qt 3.14.
>>
>>6292688
Religion is a sickness of the mind greater than any sort of faggotry.
>>
>>6292974
*tips fedora*
>>
>>6292988
Hey, you're the one who takes the national mythology of ancient tribes, written over hundreds of years and clearly inspired by Akkadian myths, as being a factual description of the world. I don't think you're in position to ridicule anyone. Bronies and LARPers at least know that the stories they're invested in are fictional.
>>
>>6293017
I am jewish and that's antisemitic. People like you should be locked up.
>>
>>6293023
I'm Israeli you dimwit. I know the Torah's ridiculous because I had to study it for 12 years as part of my education. Most of us are secular exactly because we know the book's utter drivel.

נ.ב. אבא שלך ערומכו
>>
>>6293023
>implying that today's kikes aren't almost entirely, if not all, a combination of Edomites, Kazars, and Caananites

Jesus wasn't using wordplay when he said the "synagogue of satan", or "those who say they are jews who are not, but do lie", or "of your father the devil"

We know all about the years of captivity where the Levite priesthood was usurped by the new Babylonian Talmudic system.
>>
>>6293040
Judy Hopps from Zootopia said you should be tolerant though and I honestly like her way more as a character. Like, for one she's not a Mary Sue.
>>
>>6293038
Reporting you to misrad hapnim as we speak. You are probably a pally sympathizer too.

>>6293040
>>>/pol/
>>
>>6293051
m8 the government is not yet ruled by Hamas. We have freeze peach. You should report me to Rabbi Nahman if you want any results.

P.S. All of the hilonim hate you.
>>
>>6291293
>And don't even pretend that trannyism isn't a blatant violation of the 10th commandment.
I perceive my self as being female because I'm covetous?
>>
>>6297652
Yes. Covetous of the life given by God to women, rather than the life of men which God gave you. Additionally, trannies take the verse about "thou shalt not lie with a man as they would with a woman" even further than gays do. With SRS it's the epitome of lying with a man like they would with a woman. But, God will not be mocked, anon.
>>
>>6298143
You're dog shit and so is your mother because you believe in your dog shit god.
>>
>>6290929
OP: Join my religion!
me: It seems pretty stupid what do i get out of it
OP: Basically nothing! its the easiest way to ruin your life and be an idiot!
me: sign me the fuck up
>>
>>6298294
m8 I was born in the Soviet Union. I've seen first hand how much religion can fuck people in the period after the collapse. People were scared and desperate. Now Russia is a primitive shithole controlled by fundies.
>>
>>6291223
So is fucking a lady during shark week but people still do it.
>>
>>6298156
I'm a tranny, and I'm torn on these issues, anon. I find that the overly positive view is wanting, the same way as the burn all fags view. Why do you atheists have such rabid hate towards a God that supposedly doesn't exist?
>>
>>6298341
>deflecting blame from the Jew oligarchs and the Jew Bolsheviks

Not gonna work here, Schlomo.
>>
>>6298336
>>6298341
But Russian Christians follow the bible much more closely than Western Christians. How can you condemn your far more religious brethren, who properly forbid degeneracy such as homosexuality?
>>
File: 1464037268023.jpg (44 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
1464037268023.jpg
44 KB, 344x326
>Grow up in liberal church
>grow up knowing others have different beliefs
>Church has always been supportive of LGBT people
>preformed gay ceremonies before legalized marriage
>mfw churches said it was against christianity

Who the fuck were they to decide, there are tons of churches and they always ignored the ones who were kind and nice. Where was there freedom of religion?
>>
>>6298349
Because ancient mythologies are universally fucked up and people believe them being true makes said people believe fucked up things are good.

I don't hate Odin because there aren't any people going about my country and trying to start wars because otherwise they can't get into valhalla. I do have jews, christians and muslims fight endlessly over land they consider holy. There are areas in the city my sister can't go to because the orthodox jews living there would throw stones at her for wearing pants.
>>
>>6298396
Yes, orthodox Christianity is much more strict and follows the bible much more closely. Western Christianity has abandoned its values in favor of supporting homosexuality and other such degeneracy. Surely God is with the people who follow His will as outlined in His book?
>>
>>6298424
I don't know how to tell you this Anon but God said the jews are his chosen people and a light to the gentiles, meant to be the leaders of the world. If you think otherwise then you are not religious.
>>
>>6298436
Most Russians are against homosexuality. Most Westerners have come to accept it. Most Westerners are Christian.

Most Russians oppose Islam. Most Westerners have come to accept it and welcome Muslims to their country. Most Westerners claim to be Christian.

The West has rejected Christianity.
>>
>>6298443
Opposing violent fanatical ideologies is not "edgy". It is responsible. Next you're going to tell me opposing communism is "edgy".

>I don't even follow any conventional religion.
Mysticism is mysticism.
>>
>>6298431
The "Jews" got Jesus killed. They usurped the Hebrew religion after the Babylonian captivity. Now they follow the Babylonian Talmud, which is possibly the most vile thing ever put on paper. Today's Jews are a combination of Edomites, Kazars, and Caananites.
>>
>>6298349
You're cis and straight, eat shit you lying little pussy bitch.
>>
>>6298486
Nobody got Jesus killed since Jesus never existed you worthless brainwashed cuck.
>>
>>6298486
Do you think God couldn't predict all of this? He still said they are his chosen people, a light to the nations. Are you passing judgement in the place of God?
>>
>>6298580
They espouse genocide. God told the jews to kill all Canaanites and their their land upon coming to what would become Judea and Israel.
It supports slavery. There are strict rules on how one ought treat their slaves, meaning that holding a slave in the first place is legit.

There's a reason all of the dumbfuck fundies from the South like fascism and it's because religion and fascism are fundamentally similar.
>>
>>6298580
Fact: the MAJORITY of Western Christians support gays.
>>
>>6298644
>It's clear you know jack shit about any of these religions.
It is you who is ignorant. That's straight from the Torah. Read the fucking manual!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_views_on_slavery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan
>>
The one point that other Christians have to have ten layers of blinders to ignore is thus: The laws that are quoted from Leviticus are not detailing sins, they are detailing sacrifices for the forgiveness of original sin. You had to abstain from certain things as penance for what Adam and Eve did. When Jesus became the last sacrifice, the old covenant ended and the new one began by believing in Jesus sacrifice for the forgiveness of your sins. The veil of the temple was torn in two, also representing the sundering of the Pharisees power to intercede between you and god. Their laws and dictates now irrelevant. How a Christian can believe that old Jewish law is greater that Jesus, the central figure of your religion? You think he died for nothing then, as we still had to obey the old covenant? You don't even believe Jesus over your hate.
>>
>>6290929
The fact that some Christians are okay toward gays is irrelevant. What is relevant is that so many aren't. You've got millions of people,probably hundreds of millions, who earnestly believe in God and earnestly pray for guidance semi-regularly, and the conclusion they reach is that homosexuality is a sin. If there were really a God dispensing spiritual strength and infallible moral guidance to those who asked for it, you'd think that they'd behave a little better. Not perfectly, because they do admit that nobody is perfect, but at least measurably better than other people instead of measurably worse.
>>
>>6298737
Why would an all-benevolent God even make a rule against homosexuality in the first place? You can't just say that the New Testament completely retconned the old one, because they're supposed to have the same main character, one who is unchanging and self-consistent. All the beastly things that Old Testament God did are still canon, literally.
>>
>>6298907
The real answer is the Jewish religious leaders used their religious laws to control their flock. Mostly for the flocks benefit mind you. Strengthening it with more children, as gays don't make babies, stopping them from eating shit that would kill them at the time. Some of them were inane though. Maybe a material shortage for the fabrics one? Either way, they were supposed to be things, comforts, delicacies to give up to beg god not to smite your ass for Adam and Eve eating that damn apple. that is what the people were told at least. Ya know, typical use the fear of a religion to control the people following it.
>>
>>6298950
It wasn't typical at the time. Nietzsche points to the ancient Hebrews as the inventors of slave morality. Before, the weak would be kept miserable so that the mighty could be happy. But with the idea of original sin and a jealous god passing down arbitrary sumptuary laws that apply even to kings, everybody was kept miserable and nobody was allowed to be happy.
>>
>>6298950
Mate your ignorance really is showing. Judaism has a large section on how it is cool to enslave people, especially foreigners.
>>
>>6299005
Except the church was massively corrupt. The people at the top make the rules, not follow them. The money changers being the most obvious example. Which is why the new covenant was required. The inherent corruption meant the church was deciding who even had the opportunity to have a priest speak to god for them. The new covenant removed that barrier, allowing the faithful to directly speak to god. Breaking the church's power over them.
>>
>>6299108
I don't refute this what is your point though?
>>
>>6293023
Kike
>>
>>6299113
You're confusing Jesus with Martin Luther. Don't worry, it's a common problem.
>>
>>6290929
>Tfw I like Jesus
>But god seems like a real cunt
Shit has kept me back from getting further in Christianity
Help me Christian-chan
>>
>>6299179
No I'm not. Martin Luther read the bible for what it was and knew the church (the Catholic Church, not the Jewish one) was full of shit about having to give them money and go to the church so that your sins could be forgiven. How did he know this? Because Jesus sacrifice made it happen. Martin Luther armed himself with the knowledge of what Jesus sacrifice really meant and distributed it to the common people. I'm not confusing the two at all.
>>
>>6290929
And here is a good person. u////u

>>6298737
This sounds quite clever.
>>
Thelema or bust
>>
>>6290929
>26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
>shameful lusts
>shameful acts
>>
I am gay and Christian. I was severely depressed but got saved by Christ. I can accept my homosexuality now but it's hard to find someone with similar values. And when I try to save someone from destructive lifestyle(alcohol, drugs, casual sex, materialism) they think I am attacking them when I just try to help. Here I've been accepted well in my Lutheran church.

>When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken.
>But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
>>
I don't think there is a place for religion in the modern world anymore. I know there is so much we don't know about our own universe and we've just grazed the surface... But how can anyone be a part of any religion that goes out of its way to exclude fellow humans? Wars have been fought for generations because of religious and cultural differences. My deeply Christian in laws can't stand the idea of Syrian refugees getting housed in my neighborhood. "They're terrorists, part of isil, buy a gun!" and certainly not survivors of war. They're literally all women and children, who lost their husbands, fathers and brothers to war. Talking with them, you can tell they suffer from ptsd. It's awful and breaks my heart.

These same in laws who are full of "Christian values" are so very racist and homophobic. I'm half Asian, but they pretend I'm white and still talk shit about the "chinks". They think gay Americans should be allowed to have a legal partnership, but not marriage because that's only between a man and woman, God said! What will they think when their son comes out as Trans and his wife as a lesbian? Haha.

I don't want to be a part of archaic traditions, written when blood letting was a thing.
>>
>>6290929
The only problem I have with people who claim allegiance to a particular organized religion is that they tend to be less open-minded than those who claim no such allegiance, but are interested learning as a whole.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.