[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are lesbians seen as man haters? Also ties in with the perceived
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1374782163623.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1374782163623.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
Why are lesbians seen as man haters?
Also ties in with the perceived notion that women are lesbians because they hate the other sex.
How did this come about?

Gay men don't have the same stereotypes attributed to them like hating women.
>>
>>6286571
I've heard lesbians say that it's not the dick that is the problem, but what it's attached to. My current sex partner is bisexual and likes dicks, but has grown to resent men and for good reason. She prefers cis women and some trans women (because let's be honest, a lot of trans women have the undesirable personality traits that men have).

I have seen gay men stereotyped as hating women.
>>
I think it partially came around with Political Lesbianism, basically where extremist second wave feminists said that they chose to be lesbian to avoid men + patriarchy.
>>
>>6286571
Well some are. There is a good chunk of people in /lesgen/ who virulently, unironically hate all men and anything they perceive as maleness and have witchhunts accusing eachother of being men or trannies based on some hobby or sentence structure or dating preference or really any excuse.

Gay men may not have the same stereotypes widely applied to them in popular culture but there is certainly a significant group, that you can even see examples of around this board, who hate women especially with people like radfems that suppose to represent women backing anti /lgbt/ laws.
>>
>>6286961
Yeah but political lesbians fuck over real lesbians too with hatemongering and political manipulations.
>>
>>6287160
In the case of gay men hating radfems, isn't that just a case of hating female sjws than really hating all women?

>>6286961
I know the whole image of femnazis hating men has become strong but I don't think a majority of them are gay. They date feminist men.
>>
Because Political Lesbians (who *do* hate men) are in the minority, but generally try to (and do) speak for the majority.

It's not much different for men though, either. Men who hate women like to speak for every man as well.
The difference between a man hater and a woman hater is a penis in 90% of cases.
They are both pretty irrational groups.
>>
>>6287173
> isn't that just a case of hating female sjws than really hating all women?
Except when women in general support or at least refuse to stand up against radfems.
>>
>>6286571
Men literally can't deal with the fact that a woman isn't attracted to them just because they aren't. They have to give a reason for it, and if the reason discredits the woman (irrational hatred of men) all the better. It makes any response from the woman easier to write off because she's "being irrational."
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.