[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got tested . .
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1462756525287.gif (500 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
1462756525287.gif
500 KB, 500x270
I went to get tested about three weeks ago and got my results 10 days later. They doctor(s) said I was neg for all STDs including HIV.

But the whole reason I went to get tested in the first place was because I was having symptoms of HIV (my lymph nodes were sore around my neck and groin areas). Even though they say I tested negative, I am still having these symptoms . . Is it likely to have a false negative on an HIV test? Like, the last time I had unprotected sex was literally years ago but I'm having doubts

tl;dr How likely is a false negative on an HIV test?
>>
About 99.99% accuracy. You could be the 0.01% but it's unlikely
>>
>>6284905

Guess I should follow up with a doctor, but it doesn't help that I don't have any health insurance. Any doctor I want to see I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg just to be checked out.
>>
>>6284896
Second opinion never hurts.

In the mean time, pop some vitamin C pills. Sounds like a minor fever or infection.
>>
>>6284926
There's probably free std clinics somewhere
>>
>>6284989

Yeah, that's where I went to get tested at but I don't think they're a full-treatment center or whatever.

>>6284968

I haven't been running a fever at all and of course WebMD is telling me I have cancer.

It's unsettling mostly because I have no idea what else it COULD be. I don't think I'm unhealthy, this kinda came from nowhere
>>
>>6285017
>Yeah, that's where I went to get tested at but I don't think they're a full-treatment center or whatever.
Well depending on your country and how their healthcare works sometimes std testing centers are also treatment centers. But ultimately whether you get free treatment depends on your income of course, and who you see to get that treatment also depends on income.
Free testing is available to everyone regardless of income, even in the US, but antiretrovirals are only free if you're poor, and that's usually the case in most countries even if they have universal healthcare.

If you're not getting treatment for free then you might as well just go see whichever doctor you want. If you're getting it for free usually you have to go where they tell you to go.
>>
>>6285017

Get those sore lymph nodes checked by a doctor, just to be sure
>>
>>6284896
You could always get another test, although it sounds more like it's actually in your head.
>>
>>6284896
just went through the same thing OP lol. i haven't had unprotected sex in like a year but i'm getting sick and immediately thought it was HIV. test came back clean, though. on the other hand though, i have swollen lymph nodes in my groin that i've been on antibiotics for two months for and i still have pain in that area.

i honestly won't be surprised if i find out it's testicular cancer, but the thought of HIV was fucking terrifying to me
>>
They are called flu like symptoms for a reason, you know.
>>
>>6286005

Did your doctor tell you what is causing your soreness in your lymph nodes?
>>
>>6286049

I'm one thousand percent sure I don't have the flu. I don't have a fever at all, no sore throat, nothing. I I'm just having this one symptom.
>>
File: 1451043385462.png (934 KB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1451043385462.png
934 KB, 513x1117
>>6284896
>my lymph nodes were sore around my neck and groin areas
>the last time I had unprotected sex was literally years ago
>doubting a negative test result
>>
swollen lymph nodes an indicator of a number of diseases, if test results have ruled out hiv see a doctor something else may be wrong
>>
>>6286507

>doubting a negative test result

Well I just wanted an idea of how accurate the tests were to maybe rule that out as a possibility.
>>
Well if you can get HIV while on prep then anything is possible. Don't trust modern science. Too fucking unpredictable
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.