[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black dudes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: frontin.jpg (29 KB, 509x382) Image search: [Google]
frontin.jpg
29 KB, 509x382
I dont have time to upload a funny picture, somebody who isn't white or asain please tell me why the fuck the average black dude is so fucking homophobic. wtf did we do to them, ffs you'd think minorities would relate
>>
>>6279742
Most people are racist on /LGBT/ so why do you think any other minority should be okay with white gays?
>>
most of american black population centered in ghettos = cycle of poor education = lowered intelligence = homophobia = the appearance of blacks having higher rates of homophobia
>>
>>6279770
OP here

problem is the person i'm thinking of doesn't lack good education and i wouldn't say they are unintelligent in the least. I just keep finding people like this with innate homophobia

they polish it and keep it private like some sort of precious rock when its fucking cancer
>>
>>6279776
There are educated White people who are signing bills to allow discrimination of gay's.

But I guess that guy who called you a faggot is much worse than systematic discrimination
>>
>>6279776
that's a specific problem to them, then. what's their background?
>>
>>6279792

To be honest I'm probably being the racist because your right, there are tonnes of White dudes who hate more then anybody else.

What it is though is that people who seem whole-hearted and otherwise accepting hold onto homophobia in not nessasarily the black community, but often that and similar

sorry for being a assinine racist whitey, i'd genuinely love some black dude to knowledge-kick my ass. Its not even hate, its just dissappointment.
>>
I'm black but honestly it seems in my area, most blacks are cool as fuck with queer people. There always seems to be a ton of black female bisexuals and lesbian around, including a surprising number of butch lesbians. And there are some black gays around as well to a lesser extent, usually the flamboyant type.

Not gonna lie, it's probably different in a lot of different areas, usually the South. I think it's because black culture is so entrenched with religion and Christianity, especially in the South, which is altogether more religious than the rest of the country, with so many people going to church and whatnot, so there are lots who end up being raised with the belief that it's wrong to be LGBT and whatnot. But that's changing more and more everywhere you go.

I'm speaking for American blacks but honestly, it's probably applicable in predominantly black countries like Jamaica and African countries as well.
>>
>>6280257
>What it is though is that people who seem whole-hearted and otherwise accepting hold onto homophobia in not nessasarily the black community, but often that and similar
Because it was probably the way they were raised. Homophobia was so prevalent in society pretty much everywhere you went pretty much everywhere, still kind of is, that it just became entrenched in their psyche. It was normalized, meaning it was more or less just accepted by most people and most probably aren't intelligent enough to challenge it. Plus people have traditionally hated those who were different, the 'other' they never understood, who never truly fit in.

It's the same with a lot of our grandparents or great-grandparents who grew up around racism, really. People grew up with it. It was drilled into their heads and they were forced to accept it. That's just the way society was back then really, it couldn't be helped, except for the good people out there who recognized that it was a problem that needed to be curbed, who fought for desegregation and such.

You'd probably be a little bit homophobic too if you were taught that what gays did was wrong, had never met a gay person in your life, and whenever the subject of gays were brought up, heard nothing but negative things about them.
>>
Homophobic and or religious beliefs could be more ingrained among african americans due to poor education. You have to remember they have a history of being taught religion by their racist slavers. Poorly educated people are the most vulnerable to religion and that shit can run deep, even when modern people may be highly educated, those beliefs still carry down. Couple that with the kind of environment black people still tend to live in, I think environment is a large factor.
>>
I'm hispanic, not black, but being a person who knows a lot of black people I have a few thoughts on this myself. I definitely know what you're dealing with as I've experienced the same blatant homophobia as well. I would just ask yourself, have you ever hated yourself for being gay? Or transgender, or whatever part of LGBT you belong to..? To me, it's the same way with most black people, but on a much more subconscious level. Their "community" developed seperately from whites, and they had to have something to keep them from being totally inferior in the eyes of colonists. This is how black culture got started. And of course "street" or "ghetto" lifestyle is concerned mostly with survival, they didn't have as much opportunity for white people things like exploring sexuality and relationships, learning about yourself, whatever etc. Think about how long it took for you to come to terms with your own sexuality... White people already have enough of a hard time admitting they're not straight, can you imagine how difficult it must be doing that when black? Especially if youre in the situation where street culture is the only thing you have to hold onto. Those are just my thoughts of course let me know if you disagree
>>
>>6280303
>Couple that with the kind of environment black people still tend to live in, I think environment is a large factor.
No shit, especially when you factor in segregation and property laws which more or less forced blacks into a de facto apartheid.

Think of it like this (I think dumbing this down will really help people understand this).

>17th century
>blacks taken from Africa to America and forced to be slaves
>blacks forced to convert to Christianity or converted on their own with some hope of God freeing them (more than likely)
>blacks, due to their nature as slaves in the south, never given a proper education, most can't read or write except for some bible passages maybe
>religion becomes deeply ingrained in black American culture
>19th century
>a lot of abolition movements starting up in black churches all across the nation
>fast-forward to after the Civil War
>black churches are the ones who end up doing the most for black communities, in a time where even though blacks are no longer enslaved, it's hard as fuck to find employment
>most probably still can't read or write and if they could, probably learned at Sunday school or something
>>
>>6280385
(cont'd)

>20th century
>Jim Crow laws everywhere
>education segregated between shitty black schools and much better white schools
>most blacks don't even try to go for secondary education, have to go to black colleges or suffer harassment if they get accepted into a white university or college
>blacks often refused from buying private property and homes outside of their Southern homes
>or driven out by angry white neighbors
>thus blacks mostly 'confined' to one area in the United States
>black churches still the heart of black societies to the point where the Civil Rights movement was basically 'ran' by black churches and civil rights organizations
>thus the vast, vast majority of blacks with great respect for religion and churches are raised with devoutly religious beliefs
>these beliefs spill into the next generation as they were spilled into theirs
>and so on
>a religious mindset usually a symptom of conservatist political beliefs
>21st century
>the black church still greatly revered in the American south
>tons of blacks raised on conservative values ingrained in them by their parents, churches, the people around them, etc.
>blacks only just now on mass going to secondary education

That make it any easier to understand?
>>
Entitled niggers think they deserve to be kings of the world because they get welfare as an eternal reparation for slavery, which hasn't actually impacted them in the slightest.
>>
Blacks have the highest STD rate of any ethnic group
>>
>>6280304
This is a pretty good post. Let's not forget how blacks are pigeonholed into only acting a certain way by other blacks, whites, and even other non-whites as well.

Let's be real, being gay was probably seen as 'acting white' by a lot of people and a lot of people for whatever reason, expect blacks to uphold all stereotypes or else they'll be seen as a lesser black person for some reason.
>>
>>6279742
Higher proportion of homosexuality = more need to seem straight

Higher proportion of prisoners or former prisoners = more reason to be afraid of being the bitch, more association of homosexuality with being a loser

Historical lack of political and economic power = more reason to try hard to be King Testosterone the Not-Bitch
>>
>>6279742
>the white liberal guilt ITT is so thick you could cut it with a knife

I'll give my 2cents even though I'm not not white or asian, so here's some things to consider:
>african-americans have the highest % of gays in their population compared to all other ethic groups
>black families have been decimated the worst by modern society and have the highest amount of single mothers and the least amount of "gold standard" families (married mother & father with biologically related childern)
>socially speaking, there is a lot pressure on black males, esp. younger black males to "be a man"
>in black culture, calling some out as "acting like a white person" is akin to someone in white culture calling out someone as "acting like a faggot"
>blacks will not even say someone is gay; they will say the guy is on the downlow. The whole MSM (men who have sex with men) thing was started when ppl began looks at black homosexuality because blacks would not refer to themselves as gay or homosexual.
Being gay is something only that whiteboi faggots do is probably their outlook. So they probably look at you with little bit of contempt and disdain.
>>
I'm afro-caribbean and I know that back home homophobia is still pretty big so the 1st, 2nd and some 3rd gens tend to hold onto those beliefs especially those that keep to their own communities.

Same-sex relations can land you up to ten years in my home country.

this guy makes points too.
>>6280530

Sorry OP, I know its unfun. I try to take it case by case rather than by entire race though. In my own family there's more than a few people who really don't care if someone is gay or what they do in their own home and some other black folk i've met along the way.
>>
File: 9781479825172_Full.jpg (63 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
9781479825172_Full.jpg
63 KB, 200x300
>>6280530
Whites have the lowest proportion of out LGBT but blacks have the downlow problem and avoids the gay label?

Nigga please, read this book.

The "acting white" issue is amongst poor blacks in segregated neighborhoods who've internalized societal notions of racial inferiority. But really no one cares who has a job.

There have always been gays of prominence within black American communities.

The issue is not accepting one's self as gay the issue was historically and even today within some "traditional" communities urban and rural alike a... Silence. Everyone knew who was "sweet" the piano player at the church, the English teacher, the old bachelors who lived together, the woman who was bulldagging all the women (bulldyke and dyke are old black terms originally), etc... One just doesn't talk about sex in the open ESPECIALLY sex between unmarried people and thus sexual identity and sexual orientation is a not discussed.
>>
>>6280617
Shit i should read that.
>>
>>6280617
Its a great read desu.

Idk White gays have this very bloated sense of themselves that is total b.s.

They want to talk about downlow black men cheating on their wives and not accepting themselves yet they praise Brokeback Mountain as some cinematic masterpiece.
>>
>>6280622
>>6280628
>>
>>6280628
ive yet to have a lot of experience with the gay community specifically. Only just sorta accepted the homosex part of me.

I can only hope it's not that bad
>>
>>6280617
so your point is that OP experiences
>the average black dude is so fucking homophobic
b/c said black dude didn't get to talk about sex openly back home?

That doesn't even make sense.

pretty sure that the statistics for homos split racially was based on MSM not on "whites who self identify as LGBT vs. all homosexual blacks including the downlows" but it's been so long, it could've been based solely on ppl that self id as LGBT.
>>
The average *dude* is homophobic you racist.
>>
To be Fair I don't think the religious aspect is as big as people make it out to be. Black American culture is hypermasculine, centered around constantly trying to prove to yourself and others that you're a real man.

Add in the fact that almost half of all black children grow up without a father and you've got a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>6280683
So you believe that there is no diffefence between how homophobic different groups are?
>>
>>6280662
I'm stating that the myth of "virulent black homophobia" is just that and the reality is much more complex.

However the scapegoating of blacks as the most homophobic is based less on reality (the most out LGBT population) and moreso White hostility towards LGBT people being erased or understated + continued demonizaton of black people (just look at the shit during prop 8)

Mississippi was/is trying to pass a bill to allow the wholesale discrimination of LGBT people's written and supported almost wholly by White politicians and figures but no one bothers to talk about the blackest large city in America also the capital of Mississippi (Jackson) it's black mayor and black politicians creating a counter ordinance protecting LGBT people stating this is a civil rights issue.

The Gallup poll did not include MSM, it only included self identified LGBT people.
>>
File: 08blowchart-articleInline.gif (34 KB, 190x738) Image search: [Google]
08blowchart-articleInline.gif
34 KB, 190x738
>>6280688
No black American children have higher single parent households, that does not mean the father, fathers family or male older relatives aren't in their life.
>>
>>6280696
72% of black children are raised in single parent household, something that has been proven to be related to higher levels of criminal activity and antisocial behavior. What your graph really says is that black father who do live with their families are more engaged with their kids, and that there are more black fathers who still see their kids after being separated. This however doesn't take away the fact that it is more common for a black child to grow up without a father figure at all. Something that the government ought to take action against.
>>
>>6280711
Criminal activity comes from economic factors and school to prison pipelines not divorce.

Not having a father around in and of itself is not bad or improper. When we recognize the extended family and not the nuclear family is still primary basis of support in black Americans communities given the historic reality of the fragility of black enslaved families Matrifocality is the alternative.
>>
>>6280694
you are trying to change the definition/concept put forth by OP. You are conflating political legal battles that may or may not be homophobic with a interpersonal interactions. Your logic is that this black dude(s) haven't actually been homophobic to OP because of some white legislators in another state passed bills that you deemed homophobic.

Why not just say "OP is full of shit and I hate white people!" and be done with it?
>>
>>6280734
No.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/02/26/3753739/prri-black-homophobia-myth/
>>
>>6280729
>Criminal activity comes from economic factors
this is wrong.
>>
>>6280751
It does when in the vacuum of legally employment the economic opportunities that are present are considered illegal.
>>
>ITT: black anti-social and criminal behavior apologists use their typical go to scapegoat: blame whitey.
>>
>>6280788
>war on drugs was not a racist policy that effected black communities neither do school to prison pipelines.
>>
I've got nothing against black dudes appearance wise, but I'd never date one. For the same reason I don't date white trash, muslims or anyone else from an anti-science background.

The last thing I want is a boyfriend with a heavily religious family that believes we deserve eternal punishment or honor killing because of who he fucks. I also don't want a guy so far in the closet he'll bash my face in to prove his masculinity when/if his straight bros find out he isn't batting for their team. See how many blacks kill gays and trannies. How many whites, hispanics and asians do the same?
>>
>>6280792
Nigga please
>>
>>6280836
Dang that's sad,
>>
File: 1462678057192.jpg (27 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1462678057192.jpg
27 KB, 500x281
>>6280758
>poor blacks only option is to sell drugs
Maybe if they drop out of their incredibly well funded ghetto highschools and don't pursue any of the hundreds of scholastic scholarships they can get solely because of their skin color
The problems facing the black community are almost entirely self-made at this point (90% of black murders are by other blacks) and the fact that they don't do anything about it (besides riot and loot in their own neighborhoods) leads most intelligent people to believe they only want handouts and new nikes
T. Whitey mcwhite privelegepants
>>
>>6281491
There are people who actually believe schools in the inner city are well funded and blacks don't pay for college and scholarships fall from the sky.

Wow.

Also I said outside of limited legal employment
>>6280879
Truth hurts huh?
>>
Don't date black guys. They will give you hiv. So many are DL it's insane.

Personally I am sick of minorities bitching about white people. Just deal with your shit and stfu.
>>
File: 1431948975071.jpg (78 KB, 393x382) Image search: [Google]
1431948975071.jpg
78 KB, 393x382
>>6279742
because they are niggers and dumb savages
>>
>>6281690
oh pls. the best thing that ever happened to the nignogs was when their ancestors were sold into slavery by their fellow africans and they ended up in the states. at least their future generations could continue to be the white man's burden and sponge off of the welfare state instead of remaining in the cesspool that was and currently is africa. if they were lucky, they got a little bit of white dna in their bloodline from some of their white masters.
>>
>>6281690
>There are people who actually believe schools in the inner city are well funded and blacks don't pay for college and scholarships fall from the sky.
And these people are white, ignorant trash.

Also,
>ITT: no one replies to any of the good posts, but everyone replies to the obvious shitposts
>>
>>6279742
uhhhhhh...... ever heard about slavery, racist shit?
>>
File: 1464010881198.png (349 KB, 694x720) Image search: [Google]
1464010881198.png
349 KB, 694x720
>>6281724
/pol/ here. Man you guys would be alright if it weren't for your degenerate lifestyle promoted by the Jews for the purpose of destroying western civilisation.
>>
>>6281807
No getting around the fact that non-Immigrant American Blacks as an ethnic group create the most violence in society. It's even worse when you drill down into who is doing it within that group: young males. So the small percentage that is young black, non-Immigrant blacks are responsible for a huge amount of violent crime. There maybe white politicians making laws that you don't like but they aren't going to try and curb stomp your face for looking at them funny.
>>
File: 1455248397937.jpg (24 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1455248397937.jpg
24 KB, 479x720
>>6280836
>'anti-science background'
>>
>>6281873
Have you literally ignored ALL the socioeconomic reasons as to why violent crime might be so prominent in black communities?
>>
>>6282503
No, but you ignore all the biological ones
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.