[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many transsexual programmers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: I am become pointer.jpg (34 KB, 585x415) Image search: [Google]
I am become pointer.jpg
34 KB, 585x415
Why are there so many transsexual programmers?
>>
>>6275562
What you can do if you can't function in society because of GID? You sit in front a computer.

Learning C++ is just a side effect.
>>
>>6275562

Trannies as little boys either aren't allowed to play with girls or excessively fear the consequences of being caught doing so such that they do not do so. That leaves them with boys as friends, but they generally don't feel they want to play with boys because the way boys play puts them off or just doesn't interest them. So instead of keeping friends, they take on solitary activities. In the past this would more commonly be practicing an instrument, reading, and studying, but these days, it's mostly the internet. So they get to high school with generally lackluster social lives, they might have some friends, but they are still generally solitary. Given their experiences and interests up to that point, going to college to learn skills for a computer related profession makes personal sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 355x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 355x342
>>6275562
>>
>>6275654
I love this one. Based dmr.
>>
Its easy to escape your body if you have a big bright screen in front of you.
>>
What's funny is I've seen trans haters use the tranny computer nerd used as proof of AGP fetishism, because computer programer=masculine.

>>6275607
>>6275633
>>6275779

Is just as plausible, but good luck convincing a transphobe.
>>
>>6276009
Which is ironic considering that early on, computer programming was considered women's work.
>>
>>6275562
computers are where you turn to when you check out of society usually
its the closest form of social interaction i've gotten as a teenager
>>
>>6277070
>citation needed
>>
>>6277253
not them but a quick google gives:
http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2014/10/06/345799830/the-forgotten-female-programmers-who-created-modern-tech

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/ist/?next=/smart-news/computer-programming-used-to-be-womens-work-718061/

http://gender.stanford.edu/news/2011/researcher-reveals-how-%E2%80%9Ccomputer-geeks%E2%80%9D-replaced-%E2%80%9Ccomputergirls%E2%80%9D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_computing

and if that's not enough, one search in jstor or something will give even more Academic(tm) sources, i'm sure
>>
>>6275562
autistic kids often develop GID and have narrow interests. programmers.
>>
>>6277512
This
>>
>>6275607
Actually, it's the opposite. Learning C++ made me want to be a girl.
>>
>>6276009
>computer programer=masculine
Right up there with lumberjacks and metalworkers no doubt.
>>
All of the trannies at my college were comp sci gods.

All of the gays were comp sci failures, myself included. The only one who managed to pass was a lesbian who then switched to being pan senior year of undergrad.

Code is hard for some people. It doesn't help that people good at programming are usually shit at teaching it. Maybe trannies lives are so bleak that the nonstop frustration brought on by their own coding ineptitude never breaks them
>>
This board is pretty clear evidence that a large number of NEETs are trans, because being trans sucks, and the only way to avoid being a disgusting tranny in public is to take mones in private, while you slave away on your computer at home.

Naturally, that's why we're all anti-social losers, with a high interest in video-games, and who normally move into anti-social fields like programming.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.