[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans Help General #112
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: Trans Help General-.png (209 KB, 694x907) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General-.png
209 KB, 694x907
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt
search with google for specific threads

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>6233634
>>
Why does everyone hate me? I'm not trying to hurt anyone.
>>
i fucked up oops. gonna copypasta my last post. apologies, i'm new to this site

>>6270528
i was mainly asking if it would cost money to book an appointment. i know it costs money after the session, but is there any pre-payment involved? because if so, then i won't be able to do it. i have no job nor a bank account yet.
>>
I just want to be a girl.
>>
Alright so here's the thing

I'm a femboy on hrt but i dont want to get erections. Is there any way to stop them? I know hrt can but are there like specific conditions?

I know it sounds weird but i just dont like getting them
>>
>>6271428
Yes, it's important for breast development although IGF-1 is apparently the main factor.
HGH also increases IGF-1.
>>
>>6275177
There are of course... devices... thay fill this role. That's about it besides perhaps an unprecedented surgical modification. The penis doesn't really care what you want it to do. It is steadfast and resolute. A simple, efficient mechanism that is difficult to jam from within.
>>
>>6275177
24+ hour priapism
>>
>>6275431
I'd rather not... Ouch
>>
>>6274879
No, I didn't have to do any sort of pre-payment for mine. The closest thing is that if you have to cancel in appointment, you have to do it at least 24 hours before the scheduled time, or else they'll charge you.

>>>6274209
>How can that possibly be worth it?
Because the alternative is to sit around and try to figure myself out on my own. Which, considering the amount of back-and-forth and self-doubt I go through between appointments (I go every 2 weeks), it would not work.
>>
So has anyone had bathroom related issues to spiro? Ive got minor bleeding when i wipe, usually a very little amount, using the toilet hurts, and im pretty sure i have a hemorrhoid. Im trying to get more fibre and drink more and may see a doctor next week, but right now i want to know am i gonna have to stop spiro?
>>
>>6276087
cut back on the anal
>>
>>6275019
Right? I really don't wanna deal with all this shit.
>>
>>6276087
I have the same problem. Not sure if caused by meds or something else. I get periods where the problem goes away though (last one lasted a few weeks), so I keep hoping one of those will stick and that I won't have to cave and see a doctor.
>>
>>6276087
Drink more water
>>
>>6276744
How much more? I'm >>6276732, but I've been drinking 2-3 liters a day. What's a good target amount?
>>
I feel lonely but at the same time I don't want to talk to people. Is this common for trans people?
>>
>>6276924
It varries. I know a couple of very social and outgoing mtf's, and also the opposite end that don't want to talk.
>>
>>6276924
I don't know if it's common, but I can relate to that a lot. I also find myself wanting to tell friends, but I also don't wanna be "that" tranny. I've pretty much always been quiet though.
>>
This girl >>6276924

My problem is literally the talking. I would like to hug someone for an hour.
I want to be close to somebody, not in a sexual way but on an emotional level.
>>
>>6277022
>I want to be close to somebody, not in a sexual way but on an emotional level.
Oh my God yes. I just want someone who doesn't hate me and can tolerate me.
>>
>>6274650
Guys the weirdest shit happened. I've been repressing since middle school, living in constant denial, not telling a soul how I felt. Today my mom basically outed me to myself telling me to grow a pair and go see a gender therapist cause she knows everything and I "deserve to live a happier life from now on". What to do.
>>
>>6276148
>>6276744
Ive been trying to get a glass an hour outside of work or sleeping. Adding fibre to it is also something i do with each meal now, along with eating better in genral. Broccoli seems to be bae for this, high fibre and tasty. Im curious to see how it helps. Immediate results are promising, less pain, no longer shitting boulders, and bleeding is minimal. Im going to start preparation h and then consult my doctor that is overseeing my hrt in 2 weeks. I was due to get a blood exam anyway, so that will provide some insight into things as well. Hoping the water and fibre works, i really dont want anyone besides my boyfriend up my ass.
>>
>>6277049
Listen to your mother, young lady :^)

Also she probably went through your computer. Or you're shit at repressing.
>>
>>6277145
Computer is locked by password, no way she could have checked browser history or see what I'm doing over here. Which is mostly playing games besides 4chan and this board, so that wouldn't have been enough of a hint. She's not tech savvy enough to have found a workaround. Might be I'm shit at repressing
Your "young lady" confuses me, if you meant that the MtF way, I'm not MtF. I guess somehow still applies though.
>>
>>6277177
Just listen to your mom, man. I would have loved if i had someone like her pushing me to get help and see this through. Man up and face your fate, its time to accept who you are.
>>
If anyone is curious about the cost of mtf hormones. This is the cost of a 30 day supply without insurance vs with insurance.

Spiro (60 pills) - $71.99 (with insurance - $8)
Progesterone (30 pills) - $16.69 (with insurance - $3)
Estradiol (90 pills) - $42.99 (with insurance - $3)

Total - $131.67 (with insurance - $14)
>>
>>6277218
Is it really worth it to buy Progesterone?
>>
>>6277177
> I'm not MtF.
Whoops. Projected too much.

She seems supportive though. What's your plan ? Will you see a therapist ?
>>
>>6277218
>Total - $131.67 (with insurance - $14)
>tfw the human equivalent of Greece
I guess I better get started on a diagnosis then.
>>
>>6277226
It's supposed to help breast and ass development. My doctor recommended taking it. At $3 a month, why not?

Idk if I have the progesterone to thank for my boobs or what, but I've been taking it throughout my transition and I'm a 34D after two years.
>>
>>6277238
I guess I'm not familiar enough with Greece to get this. lol
>>
>>6277218
something's rotten when self-medding is cheaper than going legit without insurance.
>>
>>6277248
What dosage are you on?
>>
>>6277256
Self-medding is incredibly unreliable though. I self-medded for five months before seeing a doctor and the blood work revealed my testosterone level to be at 850, which is higher than average for males. If it's someone's only option, that's better than nothing, but it's very worth going legit.
>>
>>6277268
spiro - 200mg a day
progesterone - 10mg a day
estradiol - 6mg a day
>>
>>6277230
Yes, no IC here. You need to see a therapist for at least 6 months before getting first hormones injection. They sort of carry you through transition even after you're on HRT. Also my region passes T for free, which is good enough. I'm still weirded out though. Need to digest it.
>>
>>6277218
Just ordered on QHI.

Amount: EU 114.60
(Goods: EU 102.60)(Shipping included: EU 12)

Product: 2x Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) PriceEU: 13.40

Product: 1x ANDROCUR PriceEU: 75.80

This will last me for ~3 Months. 25mg cypro and 4mg e / day.
What crazy dosage are you on that you have to pay nearly the same for only one month (+using the cheaper spiro)??
>>
>>6274650
Just a question that I got
how do you feel about and deal with chasers?
>>
>>6277336
see >>6277275

Non-prescription hormones aren't reliable, but are better than nothing. I used to self-med with those and my testosterone level was huge while my estrogen level was super low.
>>
>>6277359
chasers like me for a thing that i dont like
that answers the question i believe
>>
>>6277383
why shouldn't they be reliable?
>>
>>6277487
That question doesn't make sense. It's not a matter of if they should or shouldn't be reliable, it's just a matter of fact that they aren't.
>>
>>6277520
Ok, then why are they not as reliable?
>>
>>6277561
Are you not reading the thread?

>>6277271
>>6277383
>>
>>6277566
You dont understand what my question is.
You say that they are not as reliable. I want to know exactly why.
"it's just a matter of fact that they aren't." is no explanation. I want to know what these facts are that allow you to make the statement.

And no, one blood-work is no proof that hormones bought online are not as reliable as prescribed hormones.
>>
>>6277252
http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/greece
>>
>>6277594
It's a word of warning from someone with experience, not a fucking scientific paper. Either heed the skull and crossbones or don't.
>>
>>6277620
>expecting everyone to just take anecdotal evidence at face value
Different anon, but they were asking a fair enough question. You don't need to get bent out of shape about it.
>>
>>6277594
This: >>6277620

Oh, that and because my doctor also said any pill you buy off the internet isn't going to be completely reliable because it's not as regulated as prescriptions are. So there's very little assurance that the pills are going to have the ingredients they claim to have or have the effects they claim to have.

It's up to you to whether you want to accept the advice or not.
>>
>>6277649
>using "fucking" once in a comment means anon is bent out of shape
>>
>>6277649
>>6277667
I can see how you might take it that way, sorry. I like 'fucking'. It's a nice way to make your emphasis known without being terribly literate. For the record I also like fucking.
>>
>>6277594
Saying something is reliable means it's most likely to work properly. This is not the case with hormones bought off the internet without a prescription. I hope that's better wording.
>>
>>6277683
It's no big deal. It's probably mostly how I interpreted your tone anyway. Also
>liking fucking
lewd

>>6277695
I think you're the one having trouble understanding the message here, anon.
>>
>>6277683
It's all good, anon. :)

There was this one time I used the word "bullshit" in a comment and some dude proceeded to claim me to be unintelligent for it, despite his atrocious grammar and spelling. It was pretty funny.
>>
>>6277715
What message am I not understanding? I'm just trying to share my experiences and information my doctor has told me.
>>
>>6277695
Not him but don't they all come from the same factory?

Anyway I'm on month 2 of HRT, I started on 2mg, should I go up to 4 now or wait longer?
>>
>>6277763
>come from the same factory?
Highly doubtful.

>go up to 4
4mg is the standard dose, but there's no way of knowing for sure what does is best for you without getting blood work done. If I were you though, I would go up to 4mg.
>>
>>6277656
Oh, I understood >>6277383 completely different.
I thought he was saying that prescription hormones are better hormones than for instance Progynova. That did not make any sense for me because estrogen is estrogen.
But you are talking about the fear of getting fake drugs. Which is a completely valid point.
>>
>>6277787
kai
is QHI legit? I was using united pharmacies but their stock is low and they are expensive anyway. I'm in the UK. Also should I throw in a progesterone? Does it really grow your ass or does it just make you fat? This is important because I am currenlty losing weight. I can either take progesterone now and risk fucking up my weight loss, take it later but miss out on benefits or not at all because it's useless???
>>
>>6277275
Did you mean 100 mg progesterone? because QHI is selling it in 100mg
>>
how can I be a girl like Flan Flan without worrying about the shit transition that makes you an outcast for 3 years until you pass.
>>
>>6277814
Progesterone works wonders in women who have too much estrogen. You won't have that problem. It'll just make you fat. Technically that does include more cushion for the pushin and even breasts, but it's just fat. Fat comes and goes. No deadlines to it.
>>
>>6277814
My last order from QHI was alright. They took quite some time to deliver tho (~20 days to Germany)

A friend ordered there too, the generic cypro and she got sick. It was the first time she took cypro so it might be an allergic reaction in general or the generic stuff is not trustworthy. My Androcur is fine.
>>
>>6277836
kill yourself and hope reincarnation is real
>>
>>6277836
Easy, just start at age 9.
>>
>>6277796
>he
TRIGGERED!
jkjk

Anyway, I should have clarified better. Non-prescription AAs are the unreliable part and if the testosterone isn't being blocked, you may as well be swallowing tic-tacs instead of estrogen, as I'm sure you're already aware. Then again, I will qualify that I was taking spiro off the internet and not cypro, so I haven't any idea if cypro off the internet works better than the shit spiro.
>>
>>6277842
ok thanks, just spiro and estradiol it is
>>
>>6277851
Sorry, I didn't mean to misgender anyone :/
I am reading femgen at the same time and they are all "he" so it gets quiet confusing sometimes ^^
>>
File: immortan joe feel pretty.jpg (390 KB, 1424x1154) Image search: [Google]
immortan joe feel pretty.jpg
390 KB, 1424x1154
>>6277836

>Step 1
Don't try to be an anime/vidya character. That never works. It's like trying to be a fish. The body proportions aren't made for real people.

> Step 2
Get really good at hair and makeup. Do drag first.

> Step 3
Realize that transitioning sucks. Always. It's gonna suck. People will freak out that you're a she now. Deal with it (insert sunglasses here).

> Step 4
???

> Step 5
Profit!
>>
>>6277831
No, I meant 10mg a day.
>>
>>6277875
It's all good! This is the internet anyway! No offense taken!
>>
>>6277877
>Don't try to be an anime/vidya character. That never works. It's like trying to be a fish. The body proportions aren't made for real people.
We just need more technology. I hope I live to see the day. #makeanimereal

>>6277890
Stop being reasonable, we need to freak out over what an anonymous stranger accidentally said on a Taiwanese comic book forum.
>>
http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/resources/tmf_program/tmf_program_regimens.asp

Is this any good?
>>
>>6277927
I was reading that an hour ago, I googled the Dr Bushong guy and Susans says he's a telemarketer.
>>
>>6277845
fucking hell they are making me print out, sign and scan them some disclaimer document
>>
>>6277969
If you use bank transfer you dont have to do that.
>>
>>6277927
I've read through that multiple times in the past. A lot of it is good information, but a lot of it also seems outdated.
>>
How do I sell my body for surgery money if I need the surgery to not look like shit? Am I supposed to take out loans and pay them back with whore money? That seems fiscally irresponsible.
>>
>>6277981
well i did it
>>
>>6278264
if you're in UK adultwork.com
>>
>>6268703
Pretty much every trans person has felt the same way as you. You want to hold on to any little doubts you can (of whether you're "really" being trans, or of the chances of your transition succeeding) in order to justify not transitioning, mostly because it's scary. Most likely, when you look at it rationally you already have enough information to know you're trans, and therefore that you should transition (since that's the only treatment).

Being trans is emotional, so you have to take that into account and distinguish your irrational thoughts which are symptomatic of being trans and your thoughts which are irrational doubts. While they are both irrational, the former are proof of your condition by their very presence, whereas the latter are not proof against it (by their presence nor their content).

The fact is, if you're not transitioning then you're literally just doing nothing and hoping that you get better (which is not going to happen if you're trans). Not transitioning is a solution which only works if you aren't trans. You can draw your own conclusions from the fact that you need a solution at all.

Presuming you know whether you're trans or not, the answer is to transition if you are and not transition if you aren't.

>>6272148
If you're taking actual oestrogen then it will compete for it and make it less effective. I'm pretty sure the side effects in general aren't too bad, but I don't know.
>>
18 y/o trans dude here (pre-everything). Is there anyway for me to not look 12 without taking htr?
>>
Is there any good information on estradiol valerate injections? Picked up my prescription today, dunno what to do with it. Do I just stick the needle in my bum?
>>
>>6279390
Not just anywhere, you can hit your sciatic nerve, and fuck yourself right royally. Divide each buttcheek into quadrants and only use the upper, outer ones. Look up how to do a dorsogluteal intermuscular injection and read/watch a few different explanations.
>>
File: injection.png (17 KB, 344x283) Image search: [Google]
injection.png
17 KB, 344x283
>>6279390
Google "intramuscular injection tutorial."
You can do it in the thigh, but long story short:
>wipe area with alcohol swab
>insert needle as seen in pic
>gently pull back on the plunger to check for blood. If you see blood in the needle, do not inject the medicine and remove the needle immediately.
>if no blood, push down plunger and inject the medicine
>once it's all injected, pull needle out
>push on the injection spot with alcohol swab, applying gentle pressure until there is no bleeding
>>
>>6279481
Actually, aspiration is not needed for intermuscular injection and pretty worthless at telling you you've hit a vein.
>>
>>6279497
Then tell that to med.umich.edu
Just passing along their info.
>>
Is there a possibility that I'm inducing hyperkalemia by accident?

I'm 100 lbs on 200 mg of spiro. Everytime I drink soda with potassium sorbate as a conservant or eat a decent amount of potato-based stuff i get nauseous after a while.

Fries don't do this, chips and other potato-related things do. Oh, and if I consume enough of the soda, my heart rate rises and pretty much every single symptom of mild hyperkalemia springs up.
>>
>>6279497
Nurse here. where did you hear that?
>>
>>6279272
no
>>
>>6279554
o snap!
>>
>>6278264
thats exactly how. I cant even afford laser right now :(
>>
>>6279546
If it is hyperkalemia, you can increase your sodium intake to offset the potassium overload. Though, I do recommend seeing a doctor over anything else.
>>
>>6279512
>>6279554
https://www.amsn.org/practice-resources/care-term-reference/medications/question-what-current-practice-for-giving-im
>>
>>6279802
Also
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25871949
>>
>>6279802
>>6279809
Cool, so we've established that some sites say it's a relevant thing to do, while others say it's not.
>>
>>6279802
>According to the CDC, aspiration is not indicated for IM injections of vaccines and immunizations, nor is it required for subcutaneous injections of immunizations, heparin, and insulin. However, it may be indicated for IM injections of medications such as PCN.

Whelp, estrogen isn't a vaccine, immunization, heparin, or insulin, and it is a medication... so... I guess your own link proved it's what the CDC recommends. Gratz!
>>
Can we make it acceptable to wear masks on public? I look like a total hon but could pass if I covered the entire lower half of my face. If I tried this I doubt I'd get very far without being tackled by a cop.
>>
>>6280053
There are such a things as chin reconstruction, Nair, and makeup.... Maybe try those?
>>
>>6280053
Cosplay fem-Bane 24/7.
>>
>>6280053
Go the Japanese route.
>>
>>6280089
Go the really Japanese route.
>>
File: photo_2016-05-28_16-15-00.jpg (77 KB, 556x957) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-05-28_16-15-00.jpg
77 KB, 556x957
I have two questions:

1. I started HRT 6 weeks ago. My right breast hurts when I touch it, but the left feels normal. I guess it's the start of breast development, is it normal that it start at one site first?

2. How can I improve my body shape? Do I need to starve myself to death?
>>
>>6274650
Has anyone here had or know of anyone who's had FFS with Dr. McGinn? I've heard a ton of people having SRS with her but not too many FFS testimonials?
>>
>>6279390
>>6279481
Just go to your doctor's office and have a nurse do it for you. Much safer and easier.
>>
Question for any UK trans.

I went to the GIC charring cross back in Feb and was told by the therapist that once an endo had seen my bloods I'd be getting hormones. However last week I got a letter from the endo (I'm self medding and they want me off Spiro and on cypro) they mentioned at the end that it's wasn't a recommendation for treatment and that I wouldn't get one until oked by the therapist.

So have the therapist and endo just not communicated properly or am I being lied to by the therapist? My next appointment isn't till October and I don't want to wait till then to work this out.

Any ideas?
>>
>>6281607
>My right breast hurts when I touch it, but the left feels normal. I guess it's the start of breast development, is it normal that it start at one site first?

completely normal
>>
Reminder that the best help a trans person can get is intense psychiatric help
>>
>>6281607
Odds are about 1 in 130000 they would start on the same day.
Depends on your current BMI and muscle mass, can't really tell too much from a body shot, believe it or not. If you aren't medically underweight I assure you that 1200 net daily caloric intake is not going to starve you to death, regardless of what fat acceptance tumblr blogs say.
>>
>>6281974
I am 180 cm / 66 kg (lost 9 kg prior to HRT)
-> BMI: 20.4
Don't know about my muscles, I think I never had any.
All I want to know is if I should lose more weight in order to achive an hour glass shape or if there is anything else I should do.
>>
>>6282002
You can only afford to lose ~6kg more then. Probably not worthwhile given weight fluctuations. Ab workouts might be able to help you, but you may never be able to get the 'true' hourglass figure without removing some bones. I'd let HRT do its thing and hope for the best.
>>
>>6282027
I already worried that this would be the case.
Could waist training help (permanently)?
>>
How to stop looking like a dude ?
>>
>>6282286
HRT, make up, electrolysis, ffs
>>
>>6282280
Yes. It could also damage your ribs and abdominal muscles (permanently).
>>
>>6282280
>>6282312
And, in case your vanity is entirely out of control, you should know that the damage does not look good. 'diastasis recti' is your Google images term.
>>
>>6280089
>Go the really Japanese route.

damn if you werent such a dork id be all over ur fem p
>>
>>6282357
Dorkiness is one of my selling points, if you don't want that you don't want me desu
>>
>>6279802
From your link.
>Perry & Potter describes aspirating when using Z track method of injections; yet for routine injections in the deltoid or vastus lateralis muscles, aspiration is not necessary as the sites do not contain large blood vessels.

>>6279809
From your link.
>Owing to its proximity to the gluteal artery, aspiration when using the dorsogluteal site is recommended. Nurses must be supported in all settings, by clear guidance which rejects traditional practice and facilitates evidence-based practice.
I inject my estrogen using z track at the dorsogluteal (side of butt) site. Both of your articles suggest that I aspirate.

If you are injecting into your glutes or using the z track method please continue to aspirate thank you. IF youre going into the exterior of your thighs its not really a big deal.
>>
>>6282371
can I just shove you in a locker already?
>>
>>6282439
Only if you join me in there, lockers get lonely ya know.
>>
>>6282450
but then I cant hear your screams for help turn to sobs
>>
>trying to order some women's clothing off Amazon
>6 feet tall
How do I get something that fits me? I'm mostly looking at stuff like tanks and camis that I can wear under other stuff, but might get a women's flannel shirt as well just to see how it differs from men's.
>>
>>6282938
I'd try a big women's specialty shop. Average women's clothes were not designed with you in mind, and probably will not fit well if they do.
>>
This body is beyond repair. I feel nothing but contempt for the face in the mirror. This is no way to live but for some reason, possibly fear, I don't want to die. I think I might actually be going insane now but it's all that distracts me from the constant dull feeling of hatred I hold for myself. When in public I try not to talk but when I'm alone it's like I can't stop myself. I don't really make sense but I've actually been doing a lot better in my studies since I let my self worth go, but now classes are out and I can't pour myself into anything. All this time for self reflection is really bad for me but I can't stop thinking about everything so horribly wrong. The hormones can't help me anymore but I keep taking them day after day. Should I stop? It's just another expense I can't afford at this point.
>>
whats the tinychat name
>>
>>6285854
If you could take it down maybe six notches or so that would be super. You're coming off like an Evanescence tribute song written by one of the Columbine kids.

Keep taking your hormones and get yourself to a therapist as soon as you can.
>>
I have a question real quick, I kinda think this is the right thread to ask (if it isn't, it would be really nice of anyone to answer)
what is it mean a woman says "I'm a MTF POST-OP TRANSSEXUAL"???
I googled a bit but it seems like a complicated phrase!
>>
>>6286133
They were born male. Transitioned to female using hormones. Had a surgery to create a neo-vagina.
>>
>>6286153
seriously?!! thanks a lot
>>
>>6285860
go to mtfgen
>>
I was told by Dr. Kurgis (a hair transplant surgeon and dermatologist with 30+ years exp.) that laser is far superior to electrolysis because of less risk of skin damage. Thoughts on this? Has anyone here heard otherwise or have had a positive personal experience with electrolysis?
>>
>>6288343
It's true. But laser only works for dark hair/light skin. And you meed to let it get done with a hospital tier laser, forget beauty salons
>>
>>6288343
I've started getting electrolysis a few weeks ago at a local place, and it is SIGNIFICANTLY less painful than the laser treatments I've had. Sure it takes longer because every follicle is treated individually, but its 100% permanent where laser isn't guaranteed removal while only working on dark hair.

I have heard of the potential for electro to cause some scarring but I have yet to have any, I'll ask the local place next time I go if she had ever had scaring in any patient.

If you are in Illinois, I'd heavily recommend this place http://www.yelp.com/biz/simple-permanent-hair-removal-frankfort
>>
Which one (of laser and electro) is the fastest ? (regardin total time to no hair left)
>>
>>6288510
Laser is by far faster. In the short term, it's also cheaper. However, electrolysis is the only method of permanent hair removal.
>>
>>6288540
So if laser is not permanent, how long does it "last" ?
>>
Like will all the hair regrow ?
>>
>>6288587
Hair will still grow after laser, but slower and less thick.
>>
>>6288577
Depends on (You), but typically 6-18 months. There's a lot of variables, but as a rule of thumb if you are extremely pale and have very dark hair it will work better and last longer as a result.
>>
MtF here.
I'm very sorry for the following rant, but I would really appreciate some advice.

After a very, very long wait I finally got word that I'm off the waiting list and that I have an appointment with a gender therapist! Trouble is that my mother asked me if she could attend this appointment as well.

Well, normally this would be fine and dandy, right? Except that my mother told me she wants to speak the gender therapist privately one on one in order to argue that I'm NOT transgender and that undergoing the therapy is a mistake. She has admitted to me that this is only because she doesn't want me to 'be transgender'. All my close friends use female pronouns for me and I have been hellbent on finally getting to the gender therapist for a very long time; I have all the reason to believe that I am in fact transgender.

If I refuse to take my mother with me, I get kicked out of the house. If I get approved for hormone therapy (this will take some time obviously), I'll still get kicked out of the house. The appointment is in less than a month''s time.

What do I do? Am I just stressing out over this too much? Can my mother sabotage everything? Should I just play along with her game and hope that the gender therapist won't be influenced negatively?
>>
>>6288605
Maybe i'm missing something but that sounds shitty compared to electrolysis ?

Assuming cost is not an issue, which would you suggest ?
>>
>>6288676
People don't like it because it takes a long time, it fucking hurts, and it can cause scarring if they fuck up.

Personally? Electrolysis for sure. I'm all for permanent solutions, and it doesn't get much more permanent than destroying the tissue that produces hair. Unless you're one of the X-men it is not coming back.
>>
>>6288650
You're trans so you'll be kicked out at some point. What plan do you have for when that inevitably happens ?

Also I assume that's a gatekeeping country ("waiting list"), so not to be alarmist, but that could possibly hinder you if they rely on bullshit trans narrative, and she says you were uber masculine as a child, or something. Do you feel like you could articulate to the therapist that she doesn't want you to be trans, not to leave it unopposed ?
>>
>>6288650
TELL THE THERAPIST ABOUT THE THREATS SHES MAKING, and then let her come along. Once the therapist sees how shes treating you, youll have a chance to get some help with your mother.
>>
File: gender bender.png (168 KB, 417x410) Image search: [Google]
gender bender.png
168 KB, 417x410
>>6288650
>What do I do?
Find a job and prepare to move out. You're over 18, right? Work at Taco Bell or whatever. Anything is better than nothing!

> Am I just stressing out over this too much?
No, your fears are legit. She just wants the therapist to "talk you out of it" as she's transphobic and will never support you.

>Can my mother sabotage everything?
Yes and she is actively trying to. She is basically paying someone a hundred bucks to tell you you're not trans and try to talk you out of it. The fact that she will kick you out if she therapist agrees with you is the proof. Your mom is not your friend.

> Should I just play along with her game and hope that the gender therapist won't be influenced negatively?
Nope. Because even if you win and the therapist agrees, she's booting you out anyway. You don't need to play games with this anyway. It's your body and your life, not a game.
>>
>>6277218
What kind of shitty insurance still costs money for prescriptions??

My spiro + finasteride costs me $0 and I picked up two years worth of estradiol injections from ADC for $180.

Total monthly cost for mones: $7.50
>>
So here's my issue. I am 100% sure I would be happier if I was living as a woman, but I am 95% sure I would be happier living as a man than living as an unpassing transwoman. I'm not completely fucked as far as passing is concerned, but I am not really comfortable wagering my entire life on 'not completely fucked' odds.
>>
>>6288699
Skin damage is a big concern for me. All types of shaving cause irritation. Epilating left me with irritated skin for weeks, so I can't imagine what electrolysis will do. Even gentle plucking causes redness.
>>
>>6288725
I think you're right, sadly it really seems that taking the cynical approach is always the best strategy. I should have planned for a plan B either way, it's my fault i didn't do this in the first place.

Also, I'm in the Netherlands so trans rights are not 'as bad' as they are anywhere else. Still, the 'bullshit trans narrative' is always a threat, I'm afraid.

>>6288733
Yeah, I think that taking a pre emptive approach would be good; cut out the cancer before it has a chance to spread. I'll go to the hospital tomorrow and see if I can briefly speak the psychiatrist.

>>6288735
Getting out of house and getting a job; I like the sound of that. I guess the reason I haven't done that earlier is because my mother made me think my home IS a safe environment, only to pull this fucking nasty trick on me.
Should have taken the cynical approach much earlier I guess...

Also, no one is paying the gender therapist directly; it's part of health insurance here. It really makes me sad to hear that others have to pay the therapist directly...

Thank you all. The solution is simple yet I go and overcomplicate matters. I'll get out of house as soon as possible regardless and I will contact the psychiatrist regarding what my mother is planning to pull on me. I know it was probably little trouble for you all, but I am really grateful for the advice you've given me.
>>
>>6288757
>What kind of shitty insurance still costs money for prescriptions??
The kind that isn't $200 a month without Obamacare picking up your tab, desu.

The USA has crappy medical everything. High prices for poor service and insurance that has copays for everything.
>>
>>6288856
It's easy to let things get complicated when emotion is involved. Getting started on your own is an emotional time as is coming out and starting to transition. Sometimes you just need to ask some questions and clear your head. That's what we're here for.

When times are better, just pay it forward. In the meantime stay safe and hang in there!
>>
>>6288857
damn that sucks

I have Medicaid so the government pays for everything. Doctor visits, bloodwork, scripts. Those fuckers do get away with excluding trans related surgeries though ;_;

They should just put everyone on Medicaid by default and then if right-wing faggots want to go out and buy their own inferior health insurance thats costs a shitload of money out-of-pocket they can.
>>
>>6288807
I know the feeling. I'm taking hormones, and I end up not wanting to transition all the way or not able to pass, I'm just gonna go the femboy + mones route.
>>
>>6288980
>femboy + mones route
Does that involve getting your swanky new bitchtits removed?
>>
>>6288807
You never have to present female but you can take steps to looking less male if that is what you want. Personally, I don't see myself passing in five years. But I take a lot of comfort in knowing that HRT will make me look less male.
>>
>>6288987
Nah. I would still want 'em. I may have to go to pains to hide them and still get a bunch of funny looks later down the line, but I would miss not having them I think, since I've always felt that they should be there.
>>
>>6285875
Bad advice
>>
Is there informed concent like things in Australia?
>>
>>6274650
Is this the right place to for help about whether I'm trans? I'm so confused right now I can't tell if I am.
>>
>>6289643
Best place for it on 4chan. Is it the right place? Probably not but you're welcome to try.
>>
>>6289643
It's the right place on 4chan. What's on your mind?
>>
>>6274650
/thg/ can you help?

my boyfriend is FtM, pre-everything, family treats him like shit, always really dysphoric.

he's struggled with suicidal depression before and has told me several times he'd rather be dead than trans.

I'm trying really hard to support him. I love him so much and it hurts to see him this way.

He's not in danger for the time being. But is there anything I can do to make him feel better?

sorry for emotions
>>
>>6289652
M'k. I feel like two sides of my brain are fighting each other. Part of me buys make up and wears boyshorts, and the other half wants to be normal.
>>
>>6289821
Well, which side do you like better?

Not which is the "right" or "correct" side, but the side that feels more comfortable?
>>
>>6289821
The first half indicates you want to be female and the other half indicates you're a human being without a major personality disorder.
Who doesn't want to be normal?
>>
>>6289782
Right now because his family treats him like crap he's scared to be trans. You can be supportive and try to keep him away from them while he figures himself out, but that's all that you can do. This is one battle he has to fight on his own. Don't push him or he may lash out. Let him go at his own pace.

>>6289580
Basically, yes. It's supposed to be Default for Australians as I understand it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7717938
>>
>>6289841
I honestly like the girly side better, I just feel horrible regret afterwards.
>>6289854
You have a point there.
>>
>>6289969
okay. thanks.

he seems to really really like it when I call him manly and stuff, says it helps a little. he comes to me a lot when he feels especially like shit, so how else can I alleviate his dysphoria, or at least distract from it?

he wants to know if anyone has tips for passing as a really short and curvy guy
>>
Closet tranny here, anyone know any good ways of self-medication?
>>
>>6289983
But while you're in girl mode it feels good, right? Better than you feel normally? The regret only comes after.
>>
>>6289969
>It's supposed to be Default for Australians as I understand it.
But this applies to HRT, right?
>>
>>6289983
Stop attempting to make a logical decision based on feelings alone. Our emotions have a nasty habit of being horribly illogical. You need to examine why you feel regret. What are you thinking about when the regret hits? What people would think if they knew? How your mother would react if you told her? Are you worried about throwing away the 'ideal life' of a man and a woman in the suburbs with 2 kids?
>>
is nonbinary a thing you can even be
>>
>>6290056
> short and curvy guy

That doesn't work. You look like a lesbian. The best answer is just to not worry what others think and wear what makes him comfy.
>>
>>6290075
Yeah that's right, I feel really good while I'm in girl mode. Probably too much actually. Then the regret hits.
>>6290111
Yeah, if other people knew it would be horrible. I'm also worried about giving up the ideal life. I also just feel like an abomination afterwards.
>>
File: tomoko killmenow.jpg (74 KB, 790x513) Image search: [Google]
tomoko killmenow.jpg
74 KB, 790x513
>be me
>be MTF
>be out walking to the store in boymode
>a couple of Mexicans see me and are looking at me funny
>get really nervous
>trachea feels like it's about to jump out of my mouth
>Mexicans ask me if I have a cigarette lighter
>say "no" in my girl voice
>they both look shocked, then start walking away, laughing in Spanish

Why are Mexicans so rude, holy fuck
>>
File: .png (2 KB, 397x24) Image search: [Google]
.png
2 KB, 397x24
>>6290123
>>
>>6290147
So you're probably trans, but you're having a hard time with it. That's fine.

Find yourself a headshrinker who can deal with gendershit, famalam
>>
>>6290139
he's disappointed but says ok
>>
>>6290176
not sure exactly nb fits that symptom set, narcisstic or schizotypal might fit better
>>
>>6290058
This.

Anyone know a good source of Pueraria mirifica? I'm doing self-medication as well.
>>
>>6290058
InHousePharmacy and QHI are the two places I know of that sell online. May not ship to you though. I get IHP stuff in the United States.

>>6290303
Don't think that shit works, senpai. It's mones or no mones.
>>
>>6290303
>Pueraria mirifica
>self-medication
No. Pueraria mirifica, saw palmetto, spearmint tea, and soy milk all come together to produce very expensive urine. The actual estrogen gains are minor.
>>
How do I even date as an MtF? What's the appropriate time to mention I have a penis?
>>
>>6290170
because they need to be deported
>>
>>6290333
>InHousePharmacy
I'm at Inhouse, any suggested doses/brands for anti-androgens and estrogens for starting out?
>>
>>6290415
Sometime after securing a date but before your only option is to shout 'Surprise cockfag!' while dropping your panties.
>>
>>6290457
Disclaimer: Most of us are not trained medical professionals. The advice you receive here is NOT a substitute for an actual doctor's opinions. Follow our advice at your own risk.

100mg Spironolactone, taken orally at 12 hour intervals.
2mg Estrofem or Progynova, taken sublingually at 12 hour intervals.

>>6290415
Third date.
>>
>>6290457
I think there's only one type of spiro you can get there - Spiractin. For Estrogen, I've been ordering Estrofem. I haven't had blood work done yet since I'm still fairly early in, so I can't tell you how effective these are. If you plan on getting Finasteride, buy the 5mg pills and cut them into fourths. The slight variance in Fin doses won't make a huge difference, but it saves you a lot of money that way. The same might work for 100mg pills of Spiro vs buying the 25mg ones (if you plan on ramping up from 50-100-150-200). But I'm not sure if cutting Spiro is advisable since it's a different, more chalky, kind of pill than Finasteride is.

I think this is (at least it was) in the OP, but you might not have seen it.
http://pastebin.com/raw/yzMzTA5u
It's what I've been following, though I'm just sticking at 4mg Estradiol daily instead of the 8mg that guide ramps up to. Essentially going to 200mg and 4mg Estrogen daily (taking 100mg and 2mg respectively every 12 hours) is the standard dose, I believe. But I really don't know any of the science here, so you're really better off talking to a doctor if you can. I would say starting at lower Spiro doses is a good idea because depending on how you react, it can have really nasty side effects or cause allergic reactions.
>>
>>6290516
I'm reading over the pastebin, is there a budget version? Money's kinda tight since I'm in college.
>>
>>6290664
I would say legit through informed consent + insurance, but I'm assuming that's not an option. I don't know. Maybe another site sells cheaper?
>>
>>6290664
Buying grey market drugs is rarely a cheap option. Get a prescription or start researching locks and alarm systems, then find a pharmacy stocking the supplies you need that doesn't have a big black security guard.
>>
File: Hardmode.jpg (1 MB, 1432x2164) Image search: [Google]
Hardmode.jpg
1 MB, 1432x2164
>>6290675
Hmm, I'm going to have to wait until college starts to get a prescription. Do you know if this guide works or not? (pic related) I don't want to do nothing til then.
>>
>>6290791
Huge amount of effort and a bit of money for minimal results, but it's something.
>>
>>6290791
>falling for the saw palmetto/puerera mirifica meme
>>
>>6290791
No idea about how those guides work, though I've heard they're largely BS. The exercise certainly can't hurt so long as it's lower body and cardio. And it's never too late to start a good diet. Reddit has pretty good skincare and haircare subs if you wanna look into those.
>>
Why is SRS so fucking bad?
I hate my current genitals but holy shit I am yet to see any post op pics (MtF or FtM desu) that do anything but make me want to puke and/or kill myself.
>>
File: 1458596809507.png (28 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1458596809507.png
28 KB, 186x208
How do I know if I'm taking too much Bicalutamide? My current dose is 50mg daily.

Thought I'd ask here before seeing my doctor.
>>
My parents will be away for three weeks soon, I want to start doing makeup and voice training in this time.

What basic stuff do I need concerning makeup (foundation...)?

What results from voice training are to be expected if I basically do it the whole time? Are 3 weeks enough to make any progress?
>>
>>6291114
3 months is barely enough to make progress, and moment you stop practicing you start slipping.
>>
>>6290882
Most of them are taken soon after surgery, everything is still healing. Kinda hard to get people back to take photos of their junk months after the fact.
>>
>>6291168
I mean, I get that there would be some discoloration or swelling, but a lot of these things don't even look vaguely correct, and what little really far post op stuff I've seen is still mortifying.
>>
So how do I take care of my hair, aside from brushing, washing, and conditioning?
>>
So, Im having a bit of a family issue, and don't really know what to do. It's been 2 years since I came out to my family as transgender, and even longer since I've actually been on hormones. I love my family more than anything in this world, and they have done nothing but love and care for me since I was a kid, but they are loosely christian (never go to church or anything) and even after 2 years of being out, they still very often misgender me and deadname me. I'm really nonconfrontational as a person, and have always just quietly reminded them every time they make the mistake, but it rips me up inside every time. I've tried to bring this up with them a few times, and every time I get the same answer.
"Anon, we've known you for your whole life as [deadname] and it will take us some time to get used to calling you by your new name".
I don't want to make a scene over this, because I love them and they are amazing people, but I don't know what else to do. It's starting to cause serious problems for me, because they are doing it in public. I pass fairly well, and even when I'm at a restaurant with them and the waiter is gendering me correctly, they misgender me and out me to them nearly every time....

What do I do at this point....?
>>
>>6291114
Makeup is a lot of trial and error. Just start buying whatever and experiment a lot.
>>
On the one hand I feel pretty trans and would be nothing but pleased if I suddenly switched over.
On the other hand I watch a lot of anime and might just be mentally ill.

What do?
>>
>>6290516
(For the record, you can cut spiro, and in fact all drugs used for HRT, as they are not modified release.)

>>6291211
Get your split-ends cut from time to time.
>>
>>6291302
>Get your split-ends cut from time to time.
That's it? Alright cool. Thanks
>>
>>6291285
what makes you think that we are mentally sound? ;^)
>>
>>6291211
I will share with you... The Secret.
Get a sleeping bonnet.
Do not repost this.
>>
>>6291310
Please no I wasn't even shitposting I just try to keep it light so I don't kill myself.
>>
>>6291313
Guess I should get some unflattering flower-laden dresses too while I'm pretending to be an 80 year old. Pro tip, anon, thanks.
>>
>>6291285
Why do you wish you were a woman? What makes you think you're trans?
>>
>>6291328
I feel pretty uncomfortable with body hair (I shave it) and absolute hate my naughty bits, to the point where I'd consider being a nullo if it didn't mean being alone forever. I have had a lot of fantasies (some sexual, most not) about being a woman and enjoy crossdressing. I like the idea of people addressing me as female. I don't like my face but I'm also kinda ugly so it's not really fair to use it in the argument.
As for the other side of things... I don't like the idea of being an older woman too much, which makes me think it's just the classic 4chan
>I want to be the little girl
autism. I watch a shitload of anime too because I can't afford cable and I think it might be messing with my head.
Then there's a sort of in between thing here. I have never really cared about how I look, but once I start thinking of transitioning I do, and I end up getting extremely vain and self critical, but when I think about just being male it's like, whatever, I don't care if I look like shit. As a sort of sidenote I'm attracted to women so I might just be AGP transbian whatevershit.
>>
>>6291323
Enjoy your split ends, tears, and bends you whore.
>>
>I feel pretty uncomfortable with body hair ... I like the idea of people addressing me as female.
All that sounds pretty trans to me, but I'm fairly biased (as is everyone in this thread). Out of curiosity how do you see yourself during sex? Anyway, you can see a therapist that has experience, or even specializes, in gender related things like this. That's the recommended course of action for trans people or people that aren't sure.

>anime nerd
I can say that I was reading a shitload of manga when I started questioning this stuff, and that gave me some doubts as well. But when I stopped reading it for a while, and the trans feelings persisted, I kinda figured the two weren't causally related. Try cutting yourself off from anime for several months and gauging whether or not your feelings persist. By the way, nobody wants to get old, but if you had to age as a man or a woman, which would you pick? Which one feels like the less shit option?

>I have never really cared about how I look, but once I start thinking of transitioning I do
I can relate a lot to this. For me it's like, if I have to be a guy then fuck, I don't care if I wear shitty clothes and have a bad haircut. But the more I progressed toward transitioning, the more I cared about my appearance, and the more time I spend improving it.

>AGP transbian whatevershit
Not really a thing. Gender doesn't dictate sexuality just like sexuality doesn't dictate gender. There's a relation between the two, sure, but you can be trans and like women.

For what it's worth, these aren't the sort of things regular people obsess over. Could it be something else? Sure, but the chances of that are slim. This article helped me a bit when I was still confused and questioning: http://freethoughtblogs.com/nataliereed/2012/04/17/the-null-hypothecis/

>>6291375
How dare you! I am a respectable Christian. Respect your elders!
>>
>>6291420
>Out of curiosity how do you see yourself during sex?
I don't even know. I haven't gotten any action, and when I masturbate (extremely sparingly) I end up horribly disgusted with myself after I finish. I always imagine something involving my mouth. I seriously hate my junk, to the point where I get uncomfortable using the terms for it.
>Anyway, you can see a therapist that has experience, or even specializes, in gender related things like this.
I can also eat this week, which would be nice.
>if you had to age as a man or a woman, which would you pick? Which one feels like the less shit option?
Honestly, I think male, just because I wouldn't care about my appearance and could fall apart without really giving a damn. But I'm talking fairly old, like 55+.
>Gender doesn't dictate sexuality just like sexuality doesn't dictate gender.
Not really saying that, it's just that a lot of the fetishists, which are definitely very real, are lesbianâ„¢.
>http://freethoughtblogs.com/nataliereed/2012/04/17/the-null-hypothecis/
That's... something. Literally the only reason I can justifying 'choosing' male is the aging thing. That's good insight.

Also I can totally see how a sleep bonnet would be good for keeping long hair from getting messed up when you're sleeping. Not going to win anyone a fashion award, but is that really the point?
>>
How do I get meds with a prepaid debit card in the USA?
>>
>>6291493
Echeck to InHouse through Paypal maybe?
>>
>>6291502

Thx never used echeck before, will look into it
>>
>>6291502
>>6291505
Paypal can't eCheque with a card or Paypal balance. Needs a bank account.
>>
>>6291491
>I seriously hate my junk, to the point where I get uncomfortable using the terms for it.
Nigga that's a pretty big sign. I mean, I would prefer the other set, but I don't hate mine nearly as much as you hate yours.

>I can also eat this week, which would be nice.
Pshh. Who eats? Nah, I get it. I chose not to see a therapist and just sort out my feelings on my own because I'd rather not spend the money.

>Honestly, I think male, just because I wouldn't care about my appearance and could fall apart without really giving a damn.
So you would FEEL fine like that? Staying a man for the rest of your life wouldn't impede you in any way? Not trying to say you're wrong or convince you one way or the other here, by the way. Just asking.

>Not really saying that, it's just that a lot of the fetishists, which are definitely very real, are lesbianâ„¢.
Oh, yeah. Kinda like Chris-chan or whoever? Yeah I get that. I think you said early that your fantasies are largely non-sexual though, right? As in you imagine yourself doing everyday, mundane shit in them, or what? Do you feel better, or like you would be happier if all of the logistics of your life were the same as they are now but with you being a woman instead?

Just bear in mind anon, that no matter what conclusion you come to regarding all this, what you do is your choice. You can be trans but not want to transition all the way; that's fine. You can be like some of the people on /femgen/ and take hormones while insisting you're a boy too; it's your body.

And sure, sleep bonnets may be practical, but holy shit they must be uncomfortable. I can't even stand underwear when I'm trying to sleep though, so maybe I'm just picky.
>>
>>6291526
>I don't hate mine nearly as much as you hate yours.
Yeah, but that could be something else, some other mental problem.
>Pshh. Who eats?
Just fatties no doubt. I would definitely go but I'm seriously stupid poor and not smart enough to juggle school and work while pulling good marks.
>So you would FEEL fine like that? Staying a man for the rest of your life wouldn't impede you in any way?
I don't know, possibly. 'They' say the self disgust and hatred gets worse though and I don't think I could take that. If it didn't get worse? Solid maybe. I might just be overestimating my ability to stay sane though.
>I think you said early that your fantasies are largely non-sexual though, right? As in you imagine yourself doing everyday, mundane shit in them, or what?
Not really MY mundane everyday life, more what I'd rather be doing with my everyday life. I tend to daydream about what my life would be like if it didn't suck. Lottery winnings, future careers, any success or happiness really. But also sex yes.
>Do you feel better, or like you would be happier if all of the logistics of your life were the same as they are now but with you being a woman instead?
Kinda tough to say, but I think I might. The more I talk about it the more I end up thinking I'm trans and want to be a woman, but just don't want to woman*(some terms and conditions may apply), you know?
>>
>>6291580
>Not really MY mundane everyday life, more what I'd rather be doing with my everyday life. I tend to daydream about what my life would be like if it didn't suck. Lottery winnings, future careers, any success or happiness really. But also sex yes.
Also I end up being female in basically all of them, because I glazed over that detail here and it sort of needs to be restated for clarity.
>just don't want to woman*(some terms and conditions may apply)
Expanding on this since I have the window open, I think I might just be subconsciously making excuses to say "oh I'm not trans it's just something else" so I don't have to transition and be, I say this as politely as is possible, a bit of a freak to many.
>>
>>6291580
>>6291590
>If it didn't get worse? Solid maybe.
I know the feeling.

>Not really MY mundane everyday life, more what I'd rather be doing with my everyday life.
Hmm. I guess that makes sense though. You're imagining what your ideal life would be right? And in that life you're a woman. It can be difficult to distinguish your true feelings from the whole "grass is greener" thing sometimes, I think. That's kinda what I was hoping to get at, at least.

>The more I talk about it the more I end up thinking I'm trans and want to be a woman, but just don't want to woman*(some terms and conditions may apply), you know?
Dude, I know how you feel. But for me, I feel like if I stay a man, I'll end up living the rest of my years without a partner, unable to open up to people, and living a lie. I'd rather have the asterisk, or be someone with a strange man/woman body that's otherwise a normally functioning human being than an emotionally disconnected person living a life solely because it's what I'm supposed to do. That living death is what I'm afraid the most of, continuing down the path I've been on for so long, hiding away from everyone and everything, unable to talk to people because I can't stand myself, afraid of being a person. I understand not wanting to be a freak; I sure as hell don't plan on being a hairy, 40 year old weirdo that wears stockings and pink skirts in public. Even if you are trans though, you can still respond however you want. You can take hormones without socially transitioning (though the whole boobs thing makes it kinda hard), or you can just do whatever feels comfortable for you.

Look I'm probably not a great person to give advice since I haven't seen a therapist and just sorta said, "fuck it," and started taking hormones a couple months ago. I've put no planning into this and am just trying to take things as I go, so take what I say lightly because I still have things that give me pause and am in no way qualified to tell you what to do.
>>
>>6291580
If you are here asking if you are trans you most likely are.
Watch some stories on YouTube (Maya, violett etc) and see if you can relate.

Definitely don't push your feelings away. They will come back later and then you have lost some valuable time.
Thats a mistake I made. I knew I was trans since I was 16 but ignored it in hope it would go away. Now I am 22, starting Hrt and have lost 6 years of my life.
>>
>>6291638
There really is no winning is there? I guess I'll try and get to a therapist, since self medicating isn't particularly cheap either. Thanks for your help and just taking the time to talk.
>>
>>6291653
>There really is no winning is there?
Nah. We're pretty much fucked either way (assuming you are indeed trans and no the evil AGP or something). But yeah, sure thing. It's nice to be able to talk to someone about these things. And no it's not all that cheap. I paid about $150 for (I think it was three months) worth of hormones last time I ordered.
>>
>>6291313
how does a sleeping bonnet help?
>>
I am so tired!
I fell asleep at my 2 pm lecture. I know that hrt can make you tired but is there a way to counteract this sleepiness? Should I change my dosage?
>>
>>6292508
ask your endo, and if your taking cypro there's nothing you can do but SRS
>>
Closet MtF here. I turn 18 next month and I go to college in the fall. Is there anything I can do between now and when college starts? I have three months and I don't want to just sit around. I'm afraid of going to a gender therapist in case my parents find out.
>>
>>6294603
Assuming you plan on transitioning, you could look into getting clothes that you'll be able to wear that will hide your nips/breasts as they grow in. You could just work on learning general fashion stuff like hair, makeup, clothes, and work on voice too.
>>
>>6294629
Like really baggy clothes?
>>
>>6294629
Also is there a guide on voicework? Like minutes per day etc. I don't have enough money to buy one of those CD guides.
>>
>>6294647
Flannel is a common thing for us to wear, I think. It's been working for me so far. It's easier when it's cold outside because you can go sweatermode and not worry so much about it. Sports bras will also help without being very detrimental to boob growth or damaging them.

>>6294696
https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/1ske7b/mtf_voice_training_regimen/
https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/1wi7uk/violets_voice_tips/
http://lena.kiev.ua/voice/
http://www.nyspeechandvoicelab.net/transgender/voice-feminization/

These are the things I have bookmarked on the matter, but the OP should have some more stuff.
>>
I'm having trouble deciding whether I'm Transgender or just have a thing for guys turning into girls. I know that the latter is true, but I don't get off to picturing myself turning into a girl, just other people. Also, from what I've noticed with a lot of trans people (or at least the ones I've been exposed to) seem to say that they had always been interested in things of their opposite sex before they transitioned. I've always been into things guys are normally into and feel that if I were to transition, would be into the same things. Any thoughts?
>>
>>6295176
Sounds like a fetish to me.
>>
>>6295176
do you want to be a girl?
>>
Hey all. I recently came out to my parents, having been on estradiol and sprionolactone for a few months now. My father is not taking it well, and is particularity concerned about permanent harm im doing to myself. I dont give a fuck about it myself, but does anyone one have a link to any specific studies about HRT and fertility? My understanding was that if you stop HRT for ~6 months you can generally regain some fertility unless youve been on HRT for like, over 5 years; i only have anecdotal evidence on this however. any help with the father would be appreciated.
>>
>>6274879
Newfag
>>
>>6296051
You can be completely sterile after a year or fertile after ten. Completely depends on how resilient your testicles are. By three years most are completely sterile though, and there is no recovery once you are. Coming off of AAs can help but you can also impregnate a woman while on AAs if you're still fertile.
Tell him if he cares to give you money to bank some.
>>
>>6296051
Your father's concern is blown way out of proportion.

>infertility
Store your sperm in a sperm bank for ~$1,000.

>breast growth
Although some growth is permanent, it's easy enough to hide.

Everything else is reversible.
>>
I diy HRT since last month. 25mg cypro / 2mg E
It all went well, I was especially happy with decreasing erections but for the last 3 days I started to have boners in the morning again. Should I be worried?
>>
>>6296296
No. You been havin them sexy mofuggin dreams muhnigga
>>
I should just be eating a normal amount of calories for the first few years of HRT, right? I don't want to eat at a deficit because it'll impede breast development, is that correct?
>>
>>6296845
>is that correct?

According to one study, yes:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4266867/

There's more information on the 'net if you search "malnutrition and puberty" or like terms.

Personally, to ensure healthy growth, I've been drinking Soylent and a multivitamin powder called Beyond Tangy Tangerine 2.0 daily. It costs $400/month but gives me the peace of mind that I'm doing the best I can for myself.
>>
>>6296892
>It costs $400/month

Sorry, I meant $267. It's actually not THAT expensive.
>>
>>6296892
>>6296901
Still too expensive for me, but thanks anon.
>>
File: flowchart.jpg (182 KB, 1333x710) Image search: [Google]
flowchart.jpg
182 KB, 1333x710
>too scared to ever even think about transitioning so doing that isn't an option

>not doing anything is making me go crazy and is basically just setting me up for suicide or a depressing life

what do I do?

there seems to be no solution
>>
>>6297511
The only option not on that chart is just to suck it up and go for it. Worst case you kys after.
>>
>>6295920
Of course. I've just been wondering if my desire to be the opposite sex was a result of my fetish or actually being transgender.
>>
>>6299537
Does engaging in this fetish alleviate feelings of gender dysphoria?
>>
>>6299537
Unpopular opinion coming down the chute, ignore if you're easily #triggered.
There's no such thing as 'actual' transgender.
You're transgender if you want to be the other sex. You're transsexual if you do something about it such as take hormones or get surgery.
All this TruTrans 'all I've ever enjoyed was playing with dolls and wearing cute flower pattern dresses' bullshit is nonsense.
You wanna be a girl? You're a guy? Then you're trans. If you think you can live without transitioning, don't, it's not fun at all and you won't really be a girl when you're done.
The only real way to differentiate between whether or not you should transition is how much you hate being who you are now and how much more comfortable you feel you would be if you transitioned. Don't think about how nice it would be if you were a real girl, because you won't. Think about how nice it would be if you appeared more feminine, crossdressed, and had an SRS neovag if that's something you're interested in.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.