[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 630x354
Just walked out of my doctors and watched a very tall and miserable looking transwoman complain about starting late. Just your daily reminder to start when you can and to not let age and mental stigma beat you down.
>>
>>6265427

How old did she seem?
>>
>>6265427
must have seen nataly mars
>>
>>6265463
She looked like she was from "Transparent" it was actually sad.
>>
>>6265427
Genetics matter more than age
Not even pre puberty would have saved me.
Never gonna transition
>>
File: 713335_1318372519185_375_300.jpg (23 KB, 375x300) Image search: [Google]
713335_1318372519185_375_300.jpg
23 KB, 375x300
>>6265544
Are you sure you're a lost cause? How old are you? People underestimate the amount of change that happens to your body between 20 and 30. They're 20 years old, think they're a lost cause, repress it, several years pass by, and they reach a point at 30 or whenever where it's transition or suicide. Then they reflect and realize how much worse off their starting point is now, and how good they would have had it if they had transitioned at 20 in the first place. But it's too late.

Be careful, this is the origin story of most hons.
>>
>>6265544
>Genetics matter more than age
is a meme
you are always without exception better off starting earlier
>>
>>6265754
I think a middle-ground makes the most sense. Genetics plays a large role when it comes to comparing close age ranges, but not for large age differences. A 25 year old who was spared by male puberty with very good genetics could have an easier time than a 20 year old who was hammered hard by male puberty, but sometime starting at 30 will almost never have better results than someone who's 18.
>>
File: 140131-transgender-6a.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1767) Image search: [Google]
140131-transgender-6a.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1767
>>6265536

I bet it would be. Like the middle age and older adult sections of http://avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm

I get so sad about how there are literally millions of trans people who never got the opportunities we have today. Especially the ones deeply affected by Abrahamic religions, at least the ones in cultures that allowed trans people could live as themselves in some respect. Victorian era trannies and the like were all stuck crossdressing in secret at best, and if they're wives found out, it's not like it would be a chance to begin living as a woman. You would just have kept carrying it to your grave like before. It also makes me feel so stupid for waiting until 20 to actually start HRT.

>>6265544

You keep mentioning your neanderthal brow, but it couldn't have been that bad as a child, even if it's absolutely monstrous now. Look at Nicole Maines, she started puberty blockers really young and she still has a somewhat sloped forehead and "neanderthal" brow. She passes anyway. Your childhood face could not have possibly been as bad as you think it is.
>>
File: ako-netoge.gif (2 MB, 774x434) Image search: [Google]
ako-netoge.gif
2 MB, 774x434
>>6267743
That's exactly why it was upsetting, I always have doubts about it, but this just shocked my system and made me realize how fortunate a lot of us are to realize it early on rather than after we're married, we have kids, and are 50 where in almost all cases the transwoman will never pass or be able to go stealth, and will always receive harassment and won't be able to find a boyfriend or girlfriend that will accept them. Really makes you feel lucky. I hate seeing people on this board give up so easily. Just as a piece of advice for transwomen with facial problems, theres surgery and you can make it through the shit to get the money for it. If your worried about height, there is one transwoman that works two stores down from me and the only reason I ever found out she was trans was cause she dropped her ID. Works at Sephora and is literally one of the prettiest girls ever and she's like 6.2 compared to my 5.9. People shouldn't let features, height, age, or social stigma stop them from transitioning early. Just do it.
>>
>>6268458

Are you a new trip, by the way?
>>
>>6271776
The trip is new, but I've stalked the boards for a long time. I kinda finally pushed myself to just start posting on here cause all the other girls who trip do too. Idk makes me happy to socialize even if it's just 4chan since I don't really have friends.
>>
>>6271855
just please don't become the next kayla, breadposting and being all crazy and whatnot
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 736x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 736x596
>>6272087
No I won't, I like to be happy on here with the little free time I have.
>>
>>6272087

The anon that keeps making repression generals is more likely to end up like Kayla. They have more similar repression styles and we can already see she's crazy like Kayla is.
>>
>>6272260
Repression is pretty much useless. I spent so much time trying to fight it cause I just wanted to be normal, but the sooner people learn to accpet themselves the happier they'll be. It's like trying to fight your eye color, it's just part of you whether you like it or not.
>>
>>6272260
Newfag. Whos Kayla? Why are they considered crazy? Do they just repress?
>>
>>6272340
Repression works. I was able to beat it completely for years. Then i came back to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 660x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 660x817
>>6272365
She's a girl from /mtfg/ who basically says she doesn't pass even though she's pretty, and makes a lot of threads about repression and why being trans is horrible. Just a big walking contradiction kinda thing. Welcome btw :)
>>
>>6272390
I started hormones but kinda want to repress still.
>>
>>6272399
Why not just take the hormones and not come out. That way you can still "preserve" your body the way you want to so if you decide to come out later on you won't feel worse, and if you feel like you've overcome it you just stop taking them. Just make sure that you do a lot of research on the effects before hand.
>>
>>6272340

I agree, a total waste of time and potential. It did harm with no payoff.

>>6272387

That it comes back means you haven't beaten it at all.

http://avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm
[Speaking about people who have repressed to old age]
>A mitigating factor for Tom and other seniors, ironically, is that the natural aging process decreases their serum testosterone level resulting in a corresponding increase in estrogen level. The feminizing effects, albeit mild, are welcomed whole-heartedly. As in hormone replacement therapy for younger men, the natural hormonal changes appear to ease some of the psychological aspects of the dysphoria in seniors. Yet when interviewed, those who chose to remain male speak of a clear longing for what might have been. Senior gender dysphoric males typically report they have been waiting, many since childhood in the hope that their desire to be female would simply "go away." Like those who are younger, they say in resignation that if they had known the dysphoria was going to remain such a strong force in their lives, they would have braved anything to face their dilemma decades sooner.

>There is one other problem this population faces. In interviews, one gets the impression that the struggle to contain their gender expression deprivation anxiety--in and of itself--has become deeply ingrained in their psyche. It is as if the gender dysphoria has become a critical component of who they have become. Characteristically these people can be described as sad, depressed and deeply resentful. In treating these individuals, the best that can be done is to help them feel better about cross-dressing and encourage them to have contact with other crossdressers their age. Success of sorts can be as simple as helping someone find the courage to shave off a moustache behind which he has been hiding his gender issues for forty years.
>>
>>6272390
>kayla
>pretty
This is not a meme. What is this?
>>
>>6272574

What do you mean by it not being a meme?
>>
>>6276305
He means it's not allowed on 4chan.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.