[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1457200765614.jpg (67 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457200765614.jpg
67 KB, 640x640
How do you manage dating someone with mental illness? Be is depression, bi polar, bdp etc

I only have lgbt friend and only ever dated lgbt people because I have trouble finding normal people who want to be my friend. Why are they all fucking crazy? How can I deal with this everyday is a battle
>>
I can't speak for all mentally ill people but if I was acting totally bonkers I wouldn't be upset at all if you just told me to chill the fuck out.

t. schizo
>>
>>6265314
>t. schizo
>t.
I see this new meme everywhere. What the hell is it?

See, most people do freak the fuck out if you say that to them
>>
my most recent ex had GAD with a side order of pretty bad depression. I mostly would just listen to her, didn't make it about myself when she was having a shitty day / needed to talk about her feelings. I didn't approach her or the relationship like it was my job to "fix" her or act like I was a savior to her problems. That's really all the advice I can give though, be empathetic but don't go in like you're going to solve everything for them (because you can't, and it can make them feel even worse).
>>
Wouldn't date someone with a personality disorder, would avoid them like the plague. If they were diagnosed and aware and tried to control it, then that'd be fine. But if they were self-diagnosed or didn't do anything to manage it, then no.
My ex-best friend had NPD, they weren't diagnosed but were definitely a classic case.
My ex had BPD and was bad too, although they are better and know how to manage it.
Also considering people self-diagnose with BPD like it's the quirky new thing I'd avoid them too
>>
File: tumblr_n8ghgioY3z1s58ur3o1_1280.jpg (328 KB, 919x919) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8ghgioY3z1s58ur3o1_1280.jpg
328 KB, 919x919
>>6265280
i'm mentally ill and i just watch a lot of tv and dream of becoming famous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7zH4DY1P-Q
>>
>>6265794
BDP is the worst. Major depression, bi-polar, and GAD are tough to deal with too, but personality disorders are worse - very ingrained and harder to treat/control.

Another disorder high up on the list of annoying-as-fuck is autism. God autistic people can be annoying.
>>
>>6265794
This.
If someone were on meds and trying to control it, I'd be willing to date them but I'd rather off myself than date an un-medicated self-dxing fucker.
I had an ex-friend who self dxed with BPD immediately after I cut him out of my life for getting jealous I had friends besides him, stalked me for about two years afterwards. Ironically he was super anti self-dx before that point
>>
>>6265794
>>6267001
>>6267027
Everyone seems to have exp with BPD
Do a lot of people self dx this or is it just a really shitty thing to have
>>
I'd take a diagnosed person who's working hard at overcoming their condition any day over a lot "normal people". I may be biased considering I've been diagnosed by multiple professionals as BPD and Bipolar II, but I can tell you that there are a LOT of people out there walking around looking down on us when in reality they're even worse than we are. At least we know what's wrong with us and many are doing a pretty good job at getting better.
>>
>>6267217
It's become the new trendy disorder to self-dx with and allows people to act abusively as they want and go "LOL IT'S MY BPD YOU'RE ABLEIST IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT ME THE WAY I AM!!!!!"
>>
>>6270567
Well yeah it's the new bipolar, a few years back everyone was self-diagnosing as that.
You never see people self-diagnosing as NPD or HPD, wonder why that is.
>>
>>6265280
You're all mentally ill
>>
>>6265280
Well I've never dated anyone with something, but I have had pretty severe depression and I have always had really bad anxiety.
Personally I don't tell the people that I date exactly what goes on with me and I generally appreciate it if they don't inquire too much since it is really none of their business to be honest. I don't pry into their medical life out of respect for their privacy and I'd prefer they respect my privacy as well.
>>
>>6265280
HAAHAHAAahaha ha the irony of it is that homosexuality, bisexuality and transgenderism are all mental illnesses ;^)
>>
>>6272200
There's actually no argument for bisexuality being a mental illness. They can still effectively procreate. At worst it's a personality disorder.
>>
>>6272009
I've seen a few people self dx with NPD and HPD but not as nearly as widespread as BPD self dxing
>>
>>6272293
What's NPD? Non-polar disorder? Do they repel water?
>>
>>6272313
narcissistic personality disorder
>>
>>6265280
Been diagnosed bipolar I. Seemingly endless depression, wanted to die literally every day for years, feel alienated by everyone - even my own wife of 12 years. Only resolution: normal doesn't exist. The degree to which you think someone is normal is inversely proportional to the degree which you know them. Diagnoses can be useful, but ultimately lead to memeing if you take them too seriously. Stop looking at people as if they are the sum total of the categories into which they belong, and you'll find that you can be in a relationship with anybody if you just decide that they are important enough to learn about and talk to and try to understand. And everybody, ultimately, is that important.
>>
>>6265342
>I see this new meme everywhere
It's not new at all. You just haven't been exposed to it much here and it's been spreading to shitholes like this.

It's from a Finnish expression used at the end of a block of writing, abbreviated as T.

Proper format would actually have it capitalized, however most people forgo that because they do not know its origins.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.