[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRUDEAU SPEAKS FOR LGBTQ2 RIGHTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Canada.gif (16 KB, 1181x788) Image search: [Google]
Canada.gif
16 KB, 1181x788
>Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia
https://archive.is/eOZO5

“Today, I join Canadians – and people around the world – to recognize the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia.

“Everyone deserves to live free of stigma, persecution, and discrimination – no matter who they are or whom they love. Today is about ensuring that all people – regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity – feel safe and secure, and empowered to freely express themselves.

“On this important day, I encourage all Canadians to raise awareness, and mobilize to end the violence, prejudice, and judgement faced by LGBTQ2 persons.

“As a society, we have taken many important steps toward recognizing and protecting the legal rights for the LGBTQ2 community – from enshrining equality rights in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to the passage of the Civil Marriage Act. There remains much to be done, though. Far too many people still face harassment, discrimination, and violence for being who they are. This is unacceptable.

“To do its part, the Government of Canada today will introduce legislation that will help ensure transgender and other gender-diverse people can live according to their gender identity, free from discrimination, and protected from hate propaganda and hate crimes.

“Today, let us unite in a global celebration of diversity, and reaffirm our commitment to unequivocally defend LGBTQ2 rights as human rights. We will never stop fighting for a safer, more equal, and more just world for all of our children.”
>>
>>6262894
if you extinguish the fire, it wins
>>
>>6262917
He has never said any of those /pol/ memes.
>>
>>6262894
it's true doe
>>
>>6262894
okie dokie weed man
now try putting the fire out
>>
>>6262894
how couldnt one love them?
>LGBTQ2
but what is 2spirited though?
>>
cool

>>6264007
>but what is 2spirited though?
what do you mean? its native american version of trans

a lot more of canada's population is native than the usa's since we killed them all. makes sense he would point that out
>>
>>6263878
HAHAHAHAHAHHAA
>>
>>6262894
>TRUDEAU SPEAKS FOR HIS OWN PROGRESSIVE IMAGE
ftfy.

I'm not surprised that people still fall for the empthy rhetoric and hollow phrases of mr Dime in a Dozen populist.

I mean really his words have as much weight and merit as those of Hillary "I say whatever gets me into the White House" Clinton.

It's really a shame people still fall for it.
>>
>>6264236
What part of what he's saying do you disagree with?
>>
File: 5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png (72 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png
72 KB, 250x272
>>6262894
>biphobia
Stopped reading there
>>
They're just adding T to something that already contains LGB.

What's the big deal?
>>
>>6264295
>>6264295
Why? What's different about biphobia than trans or homophobia?
>>
Is Canada the first country to elect a living meme to its highest office?
>>
>>6264271
>What part of what he's saying do you disagree with?
The reason behind these words.
Like these opportunistic kids who are suddenly your best friends once you come out.
People like that aren't sincere and are better left ignored.
>>
>>6264345
> living meme
What do you mean by this phrase? How is he a meme? He ran on a platform of promoting equality and won by a landslide because of it. Now he's acting on what he campaigned for.

Where's the bad part of this supposed to be?
>>
>>6264352
What makes you think you understand the intentions behind what he's saying? I voted for him because he would be outspoken about lgbt issues and now he's doing it.

Even IF he was actually insincere and just doing this for political gain, he's still doing something good and promoting positive change.

But then I also don't understand how my friends not deserting me after coming out is bad either.... which makes me think you're just a nutbag looking for something to be butthurt over.
>>
>>6264127

Fuck. I think we should just drop the BTQ and everyone use 2. What a wonderful way of describing someone.
>>
>>6264376
>What makes you think you understand the intentions behind what he's saying?
What makes you think I don't?
What makes you think he's different from all these dime in a dozen populists who just spout their feelgood nonsense because it's the populair thing to do?
Because he isn't, and there isn't a single indication that he actually is different.

>Even IF he was actually insincere and just doing this for political gain, he's still doing something good and promoting positive change.
Painting a turd pink and adding glitter and a ribbon might make it look more appealing, it's still shit.

>you're just a nutbag looking for something to be butthurt over.
Acceptance would be a very odd thing for an lgbt individual to be butthurt over, isn't it?

All in all though if you unironically voted for him you're obviously not gonna listen.
>>
>>6265044
>What makes you think I don't?
The fact that you are not him. 99% chance you haven't even met him. Yet you're trying to say you know exactly what's in his heart? I think you're a fool.

>What makes you think he's different from all these dime in a dozen populists who just spout their feelgood nonsense because it's the populair thing to do?

He may well might be. But that's still better than someone who has no interest in changing things and doesn't say anything positive.

>>6265044
>Painting a turd pink and adding glitter and a ribbon might make it look more appealing, it's still shit.

So you're against positive change just because.... why? You think the person bringing it about might not be 100% genuine? I'm sorry, but that's completely idiotic.

>Acceptance would be a very odd thing for an lgbt individual to be butthurt over, isn't it?

Yes! Which is why I'm so confused why you're acting like you are over this.

>All in all though if you unironically voted for him you're obviously not gonna listen.

Give me an actual reason other than you think you're a mind reader and I'll listen. I thought he was the best candidate out of the options. Who did/would you have voted for?
>>
>>6264236
Trudeau didn't exactly flip flop or do an about-face. He's from Van, his dad legalized homosexuality, both provinces he has roots in are generally queer friendly. I sincerely doubt it's a change of heart at all.
>>
>>6264360
Because muh Albertan oil will save the country despite evidence that overreliance on it is why we're in the shitter
>>
>>6265080
>I think you're a fool.
Likewise I guess. Although I think "naive" might be a better word to describe you.
>So you're against positive change just because.... why?
I'm against positive change that isn't actually there. Just because someone says things are positive doesn't mean they are. You can paint an entire town in rainbow colors, but it's not gonna improve acceptance even the slightest bit.
Improvement when it's just words isn't improvement, it's lying.

>Which is why I'm so confused
You see tolerance and acceptance, I see insincerity and dishonesty.
>>
>>6264295
>implying people in 2016 genuinely go out in public and hate on bisexuals
>knowing someone is bisexual by looking at them

Nice sentiment, I guess.
>>
>>6265263
he from twattawa tho
>>
File: 64254427.jpg (93 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
64254427.jpg
93 KB, 400x400
wow, i feel so uncomfortable witnessing Canadians actually argue.
>tfw they are still hella polite doing so (not to mention all the sense-making and actual dispute structure)
>>
File: 1461785774220.png (197 KB, 330x383) Image search: [Google]
1461785774220.png
197 KB, 330x383
>>6262894
>trudeau
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>6265267
Because Trudeau has a concrete plan to create jobs and revive the economy once the sands crash.....ok
>>
>>6267062
There was no concrete plan for the tories either, it was all "pour more cash into the burning pit that is Alberta and construction"
>>
>>6267062
The government really doesn't control the economy as much as people think they do. It's all pretty indirect nudges.
Carbon taxes and funding green energy are pretty much the nudge, and like Harpers relaxed energy taxation policies it takes a solid decade or more to really see the effects. Also Trudeau's infrastructure package technically has no real "goal" but given that he is taxing energy companies higher you could assume it will not be going to those industries since they will be less likely to expand whereas science, arts, technology, and green energy are receiving more attention so they will be the most likely to expand.
Also due to the housing crisis and the liberals changing the mortgage down payment system you could assume we'll be building vertically, not horizontally, so engineering and construction will also be a bigger industry.
>>
>>6264360
Typical liberal. Not to mention you're a fag. Also, this bill silences freedom of speech. It's not my fault trannies have an illness and want me to play out their fantasies with them. Now the libs want to criminalize people who simply don't want to
>>
>>6267707
Our hate speech/crime laws aren't just something that happens after you just shitpost on the internet. They go to the supreme court of canada so they're very pricey, and they usually involve dozens of organizations on each side (Whatcott vs Saskatchewan had a whopping 48 organizations involved).
There have been a decent number of trials but they overwhelmingly never succeed. The laws are more just for show and they are only used when a huge chunk of the general population really really hates you pretty much.
>>
trudeau is bad because he elbowed that lady
>>
>>6265408
>Improvement when it's just words isn't improvement, it's lying.

Okay, if you were in office how would you do it differently?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.