[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about make a mark on every HIV positive person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: HIV_AIDS-Infographic_4.jpg (139 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
HIV_AIDS-Infographic_4.jpg
139 KB, 600x300
What do you think about make a mark on every HIV positive person?
>>
>>6250446
No, because then people won't bother getting tested at all.
>>
>>6250520

What?
>>
>>6250446
If by mark you mean quarantine and cremate them, then yes. There's never going to be a cure, it's just going to keep spreading.
>>
>>6250446
You mean branding them? Like with a biohazard tattoo?
>>
>>6250446
I'm positive about this idea.
>>
>>6250446
Or we could just not have sex with people until we've run 2-3 consecutive RNA HIV tests on them and confirmed that they don't have it...
>>
>>6257438
I just use OraQuick tests. Just shove them in the mouth of whoever you're fucking haha
>>
>>6259139

I can't imagine a bigger boner killer than that lol
>>
>>6250520
Make testing mandatory once a year for all citizens. Clean people get a - on the wrist infected people get a +.
>>
>>6259443
Well it's technically pointless because of window periods and such but I do tell people that I'm dating that I have the tests if they want to use them and that I'm not doing bareback unless they test themselves every once in awhile.
They're only like $5 off amazon so it's kind of nice to keep a bunch around and you can test yourself like once a month without the hassle of booking doctors appointments. Maybe if you're a stressful person a doctor might be better, but I always have safe sex so there isn't much worry about the test actually being positive.
>>
>>6259508

What happens if you get a false positive or something? What are the odds of that?
>>
>>6259598
You can just take another test. They're pretty cheap so just order a whole bunch.
OraQuick has roughly the same accuracy as lab tests. Same window period as the antibody test (~3 months) as well
>>
this is why i just masturbate always
>>
>>6257438

of course, something like this (multiple concurrent tests resulting in knowledge, carried forward in the course of a relationship) is how the universe "should" work, in one sense.

Hoever, more obviously, the world does not work this way, because humans don't. people have low-future-time orientation and don't want to stick around and wait for a test to complete, least of all when they haven't actually fucked the person and in the theoretical event of wanting some sort of relationship (far less relevant for gays), don't even actually know whether they like the person under any "normal" circumstances, much less with the uncomfortable onus of some battery of tests looming.
>>
>>6261102
I'm with you there. Life is garbage and everyone is a filthy slut.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.