[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total Gender Change in the next 10 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: femen.jpg (54 KB, 627x627) Image search: [Google]
femen.jpg
54 KB, 627x627
There is hope for all of you even when you are think you are just to old for this
http://hplusmagazine.com/2014/05/08/total-gender-change-within-decade/

now we have CrispR Editing so what do you think ?
is it the holy grail to everyone who want an different body ?
>>
From what I understand about CRISPR, it can only be used to prevent gene expression by damaging said genes; not to add in new genes.
Still, recombination of the human genome could still work; use CRISPR to destroy certain genes and other enzymes to insert the desired genes into the cells before tissue culture.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 542x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 542x295
>>6243058
Technically the stuff controlling sex is expression of a couple of autosomes which negative feed back each other

Ko one and the other rises to take its place. That means even RNAi could do this.
>>
>>6243042
This will not convince autists, now there'll be something else that decide your sex.
>>
These kind of article always make the mistake of thinking we can just "print" complicated tissues, and brush aside the real problem that to get corretly formed organ, you need the suitable cell environnement. Which is the hard part, not making a scaffold, editing genes, or creating the stem cells.

It's already somewhat complicated to make stem cells differentiate into specific cell type; reproducing the environement of an organ's morphogenesis is magnitudes harder.

So printed vagina is within reach (pretty simple structure), printed ovary-like structure that makes hormones (but not ovum) is somewhat harder but doable, but i don't see real gonads being made anytime soon.
>>
>>6243042
When can I make my dick bigger? I want a foot long arm thick dick.

I am a bottom tho.
>>
>>6243042
>/total-gender-change-within-decade/
>Trannies who got those terrible fake vags on suicide watch.
>>
File: cha.jpg (5 KB, 212x119) Image search: [Google]
cha.jpg
5 KB, 212x119
>using CRISPR/Cas to knock out a gene
CRISPR is literally part of innate/adaptive bacterial immune system that may be able to cure HIV but using it to terminally cripple genes you don't like is not smart.
>>
>>6244396
But anon, as lala Lilly has told us many times srs vaginas are indistinguishable from """"""real """""" vaginas
>>
>>6244396
>>6246592
>implying I have to wait and suffer now instead of just get surgery again and have it replaced with a printed one.
but in all seriousness while turning testes directly into ovaries sounds amazing, I've been rather resistant to E, even though I'm on 300 mg spiro and 6 mg estradoil.
>>
>>6244362
I want to look like James Dean.

I'm so excited.
>>
I read a lot about womb implants, turning stem cells into sperm/eggs, testes to ovaries, buccal vaginoplasty, etc. Most medical literature online indicate at least 30 years before any of it really hits market. I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
You know, this would be better used to isolate and knock out genes linked to gender dysphoria and that pretty much wraps up the entire trans thing.
>>
>>6244396
Except this crispr scenario would progress more like body-horror a la "The Fly" as opposed to a clean surgery, and the results would also be similar.
>>
>>6247730
isolating genes in birth wouldn't help us. probably not a bad idea otherwise, but honestly there are diseases that are better BTFO than this shit.
>>
>>6247730
/thread

We'll figure out how to do away with tranny feelings long, long before we can do full body replacements on adult humans (which will probably never happen).
>>
>>6247863

That movie was surprisingly good at disgusting me.
>>
>>6255730
We are far closer to doing full body replacements than we are to editing the brain.
>>
>>6255966
We are far closer to doing full body replacement than knowing enough about what goes on in the brain to more than vaguely gesture in the direction of some likely neurological connections, let alone selectively rebuild them for specific purposes.

Why is it people believe our brains are the easiest solution, when they're so far the hardest that it beggars comprehension?
>>
>>6247730
Except that the available research points towards it being epigenetic, at best you might make trans and gay people less common though honestly improved healthcare for pregnant women would probably go further for that.
>>
>>6256064
Because most stemfags are morons who think biology and especially neurology can be reduced to computer analogies (because real biology is for girls and thus unworthy of respect).
>>
That OP pic makes so little sense on so many levels.

Feminists aren't the ones saying all men are pigs, literally it's almost every woman on a breakup. I know more feminists who don't do it than I know non feminists who do it.

Even then, at purely face value, the juxtaposition is still feminist. Being put on a pedestal doesn't make a woman a goddess, it makes her a trophy. So yeah all women are pigs too.
>>
>>6243042
why crispr gotta sound like a hookup app tho senpai
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.