[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /lgbt/ feel about otherkin? As a trans dude I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: dragon.jpg (35 KB, 628x436) Image search: [Google]
dragon.jpg
35 KB, 628x436
How does /lgbt/ feel about otherkin?
As a trans dude I don't mind, but it seems a little insulting when they compare themselves to trans people.
>>
yea
>>
>>6240152
> it seems a little insulting when they compare themselves to trans people.

Why do you feel that way?
>>
Pants-on-head retarded
>>
>>6240179
I just can't wrap my head around "species dysphoria" being anything like gender dysphoria. Plus they sometimes try to justify behaviors like growling/biting/barking/ect by comparing them to binding/packing/tucking or hrt
>>
>>6240196
there's no scientific basis for otherkins, while there is a clear scientific basis for the majority of trans people. trans women will often have the brain shape/structures of a typical woman, and vice versa. no 'tiger-kin' has brain structures or wiring of that of a tiger, because hormones can't do that
>>
>>6240152
I have the spirit of a wolf but I've never felt weird about it. I'm just a wild thing trapped in a human's body for now.
>>
File: 1463597328276.jpg (6 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
1463597328276.jpg
6 KB, 170x213
>>6240427
>>
>>6240427
> the brain shape/structures of a typical woman
This isn't even a thing.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/talking-back/is-the-brain-gendereda-q-a-with-harvard-s-catherine-dulac/

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/04/male-female-brains-same-but-people-all-different
>>
>>6240152
>How does /lgbt/ feel about otherkin?
Gas them all desu
>>
otherkin literally dont exist. its made up for ugly people on the internet.
>>
>>6240427

Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence

You're doing the exact same thing that typical cis people say about trans

Bigot
>>
>>6240610
Those studies aren't accurately being represented by the media. They basically say "no, male and female brains are mostly the same", not "there's no sexual dimorphism whatsoever and trans people are false".

Research has been pretty conclusive that, while trans women don't have literally female brains, that they have brains with parts distinctly different from male brains.
>>
File: 1376631231208.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1376631231208.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>6240796
That's some low-quality bait,

Bigot
>>
File: Migi.png (421 KB, 1279x718) Image search: [Google]
Migi.png
421 KB, 1279x718
>>6240181
>Pants-on-head retarded
So exactly likes being trans
>>
>>6240152
Fucking furries get out of my board
>>
From conception of a fetus cluster it is established that the hormones associated with gender identity and brain structure in later life that there is a genetic margin of error that is capable of reoccurring to cause gender dysphoria. The line between male and female is a fine one and evolution has so far failed to perfect it. Unless your ancestors sucessfully bred with a crocodile then there is absolutely zero chance that you are capable of experiencing specie dysphoria.
>>
Its not the same at all. its cool you want to be an elk, but thats something entirely different.
>>
Im a burmese python other kin and trans. Threads like this are the reason im not out.
>>
>>6240152
I'm a straight dude so I could be insensitive or privileged or whatever the buzz word of the week is but I genuinely believe they are retarded, and I fail to see how they could be anything other than that. I'd love for someone to explain.

I understand trannies and I have a lot of sympathy for them. I think their condition is very real and I think that they have very legitimate concerns. What I don't understand is how someone could look at a tranny and say well, if he can be a different gender, that means I can be a cat! To be honest if you're a trans dude I think you should mind

Fucking retarded. How the fuck do these people explain their condition. How the fuck do they think they are cats and dogs and dragons. How do they expect anyone to take them seriously. Do they think they were bit by a radioactive cat and got cat powers?

I get this is probably a troll thread and I know I shouldn't be surprised that crazies exist, I'm just curious how they got associated with LGBT people.
>>
>>6241176
What are you talking about? Both are mental illnesses, just ones a bit more okay then the other.
>>
It rings incredibly pretentious in my ears, especially:

-When it's about mythical creatures
-Since nobody seems to be a goat, lungfish, chicken, bumblebee, whale shark, cuttlefish, pig, ladybug, spotted lizard, capybara, armadillo, yorkshire dog, groundhog or manatee.

Coincidentally, every shred of information concerning this phenomenon always involves charismatic animals from a not that long list, or entirely made-up creatures.

If these people actually had the soul of a non-human creature, I'd expect something non-cool to pop up eventually.

The day I hear someone claim they are actually a mackerel or cockroach inside their hearts I'll start taking it seriously.

I'm not gonna go and troll them on purpose, but I want nothing to do with this business.
>>
>>6241186
Kudos on not claiming to be a wolf, lynx, stag or dragon; but yours still sounds cool, so I'm still not buying the whole thing.

Sorry :\
>>
File: 95e.png (180 KB, 265x281) Image search: [Google]
95e.png
180 KB, 265x281
im a transguy and a mushroom otherkin

ill admit my discoveries of both were eerily similar but i still think its really in bad taste to say theyre one in the same. namely because feeling otherkin is more akin to having a religion or some sen shit; mostly something that i feel spiritual comfort in and not something my Life Depends On
>>
>>6241300
The religious-like approach is more acceptable
>>
>>6241258
I'm a salmon otherkin, does that count?
>>
File: raptor.gif (2 MB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
raptor.gif
2 MB, 500x279
Any fellow velociraptorkin?
>>
>>6241281
Im a worm otherkin. it blows. not even other kins like me.
>>
>>6240152

I think they're the ultimate example of why Internet hugboxes are detrimental to developing youth. It's what happens when you give retarded people their own little space to be retarded instead of talking sense into them.
>>
>>6241368
>>6241418
>>6241300

I admit to being gladly surprised by this.

I guess I'm prejudiced. I'm still not buying the cool animals otherkin.
>>
>>6240152
fursonas are the problem and why it makes it unbelievable. these people draw characterures of what they actually are and seriously believe that. if they know they want to be a dragon, whatever, but you don't draw the dragon and say "this is what i really look like, I'm just trapped in the body of a man"

this is honestly what seperates it from chuunibyou bullshit in the first place. There's also no procedure to change into a dragon, and no societal changes we can make to accommodate this kind of thing other than what is already allowed. All they can really do is get therapy to help vent their grief should they actually have any. as for their social acceptance? trans people have enough on our plate trying to keep afloat from discrimination, the fastest way to drown for an inexperianced swimmer is to try and save another one. Is that fair? probably not, but neither is life.
>>
File: 1462333503974.png (351 KB, 730x512) Image search: [Google]
1462333503974.png
351 KB, 730x512
Comedy gold.
>>
>>6240152
Mental health is not rational, it's not reasonable, and it takes the phrase "that's impossible" as a challenge.
I'm sure that these people really do struggle with an identity crisis and I don't believe that this belittles their intelligence or status as people. Struggling with any kind of mental illness is extremely difficult. If I can make someone's struggle even a little bit easier by just taking them seriously, then I fucking will. I don't care if every single one of them is a lying cunt who is just desperate for attention. If you're so desperate for attention that you need to make up some embarrassing mental illness to get it, then you fucking deserve that attention because that level of desperation is a mental health issue in and of itself.

tl;dr everyone deserves to be taken seriously when talking about their issues. Even if they're just making up bullshit, it's still incredibly fucked up to just dismiss their problems.
>>
>>6241389
But are you a clever girl?
>>
>>6242696
They should all be destroyed
>>
>>6240152
Otherkin is not real. It's attention seeking and rebellious behavior born form and encouraged by social media. Kids like to rebel or be different and special. There was a time when the achieved this by being whores, smoking, drinking, joining gangs or doing other shit like getting a tattoo. Now it's, "I'm supposed to be a dinosaur, mom!"

There is no scientific basis for it. Even from a neurological or genetic defect standpoint (like transsexualism, intersex and other sexual disorders/abnormalities), it is impossible for a human to justify the belief they should have been born a non-human. This would be believable if humans and animals could actually breed offspring, however, this isn't the case.
>>
>>6240610
Oh are those that research AGAIN that specifically focuses on regions that were already understood to have overlap and doesn't even take a look at the regions related to dimorphism and trannies but click-bait news sites keep misrepresenting with a middle-school level of science literacy?
>>
>>6241226
Your feels don't override actual science and medicine
Gender dysphoria is considered mental illness, trans identities are not, once they transition and alleviate dysphoria they are no longer considered mentally ill.
>>
>>6241258
Yeah my I'm ok with the "spiritual" take on it but my issue with it being compared directly with trannies as "totally the same thing" is that most "otherkin" don't seem to really want to actually live as whatever animal they supposedly identify as.

Like I don't think I've seen any that want to go live in the woods or lake and scavenge for scraps and be treated like a non-human, I've never seen any mention of desire for a surgery to get rid of their human intelligence. They always just want to be a human with human rights but act out sometimes according to some anthropomorphised ideal of animals snarling and barking at strangers without consequence. Now by consequence I don't mean "beating the freaks to put them in their place", you should be free to act how you want, but people are gonna react if you snarl at someones baby or insist on eating off the floor out at a restaurant.
>>
>>6242875
Tell me this. If a mentally retard child thinks they can fly, and jumps off the roof of the parents house, will you not consider that child can fly?

I think we should really help the Trans people out and try and get them not to mutilate themselves.
>>
I don't give a shit to be honest. Anyone can have any self-image they want, it doesn't affect society

And if someone tries to use the 'hurrrrrr, they're a drain on society because they don't work!!!!!' argument, its usually because they have some mental disorder that would give them welfare anyway regardless of otherkin-ness. The otherkin who don't have mental disorders will tend towards being as productive, because people have to work for a living.

I'm trans and the only problem I can see coming from them is because of how cis people will perceive them and use it to judge trans people, but that's a prejudice problem in cis people, not something that would make any tranny who isn't a cis-pandering uncle tom hate otherkin.
>>
>>6243460
Am >>6243513, literally why should anyone care about someone killing themselves? It's not society's problem. Personal issues don't matter at all. Healthcare should obviously do its best to keep the person alive, but preventative forced treatment is an idiotic idea. If people want to die, let them die.
>>
>>6243513
>cis people
Oh, i think you meant to type "Normal People".
>>
>>6243581
Nope, cis people. It's the terminology that academics actually use. :^)
>>
>>6243644
Because all the "academics" are SJWs now. College is less about learning/getting an education, and more about politically correct indoctrination and muh feels.
>>
>>6243644
Sorry, but the terminology would still be "Normal" because of how little their are of trans people. Sorry to burst that safe space bubble, buddy.
>>
>>6243652
>using the term 'SJW' unironically
>>
>>6243681
Don't worry, you didn't. The world is my safe space and the alt-right is literally just on the internet.
>>
>>6240152
>my mental illness is more legitimate than their mental illness
>>
>>6240152
>Someone with a mental illness is offended with someone else with a mental illness compares themselves to them
>>
>>6243460
Great analogy that does nothing to change the actual medical research and knowledge. "Common sense" can often arrive at an incorrect conclusion which is why science uses empirical research.
If we could give wings to someone that wants to fly then I'd say they should be allowed to have them under personal freedom. Medical procedures do not become mutilation just because they offend your feels and transition is the most statistically effective treatment that is availible. When you have an actual treatment supported by evidence and not just "it should be different and they should just get over it because it offends muh feels!" then maybe your opinion would be worth considering.
>>
>>6243681
So then muslim is normal since they're the global majority?
>>
>>6246542
Societal norms only apply to individual human societies, which includes religion and ideology. The whole of earth isn't a society. However, regular norms such as two hands and two legs do apply to all humans.
>>
>>6246542
Googled it

"As of 2010, Christianity was by far the world's largest religion, with an estimated 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth," the Pew report says. "Islam was second, with 1.6 billion adherents, or 23 percent of the global population."
>>
>>6243581
>straight people
Oh, i think you meant to type "Normal People"
>>
>>6241300
>feeling otherkin is more akin to having a religion or some sen shit; mostly something that i feel spiritual comfort in and not something my Life Depends On

Huh. That makes much more sense than all the other bonkers shit you hear about otherkin. It's odd from any angle, but in that context fungus is a totally patrician thing to be kin with so good on you.

>pic semi-related, it's my fursona
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.