[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans Help General #111
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: Trans Help General.png (208 KB, 694x907) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General.png
208 KB, 694x907
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt
search with google for specific threads

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>6170383
>>
How long is it going to take to get hormones from an informed consent clinic in the Boston area? Will telling them I self med speed up or slow down the process?

In addition I've run out of my medication and I've been rationing the little I have left but it just feels like I'm fucking dying. I'm doing 50mg of spiro and 4mg estradial. Is this pointless? How long until the flu shit goes away? How do I cope with this in the meantime?

Feels like death guys, I just want to fix this ASAP. Maybe I'm being a baby.
>>
>>6233671
Here in Texas, I went through a therapist to get a letter after only two sessions and walked out of my first doctor's appointment with scripts. I feel like telling both my therapist and my doctor that I had been self-medding for five months help speed up the process.
Side note: my first round of blood tests revealed that the spiro I had been self-medding with was practically doing nothing at all.
>>
>>6233671
Telling them you self med may get you scripts immediately. That falls under least harm.

If you already have obvious body changes, you may be able to go your your GP doc and get under scripts and testing. I went that route. I was on hormones 4 to 5 months when I went and got scripts from my GP doc. She did give me a lecture, and I explained myself and my choices. Also what positive psychological effects they had. I knew about the possible issues with the meds I was on and all the alternatives.
>>
Uhm, What should I do if both of my parents are unaccepting of me being transgendered? I am at a complete loss here. It honestly just crushes me that mostly every one of my friends accept me but they don't. I really wish they did but they don't. What do???
>>
>>6234771
Move out? Hope they come around eventually?

My dad still hasn't agreed to see me, but he's been steadily getting there.
>>
>>6234697
>she did give me a lecture
Dang, that sucks, mine actually complimented my dosing.
>>
I've been on a few threads tonight. Let me try to sum up my thoughts...

Ok, 20 y/o Male here, I exhibit mostly female qualities and general isms. I have maintained a hairless body for about 4 years now, I'm pretty much built like a girl. 5'9" 145lbs. Got some hand me down clothes from my sister this week and have been dressed like a girl ever since as long as I'm in the house. I'd like to go out as a girl except I can't because small town inbred redneck fucks are ruining the place.

I don't know about hormones - are they really necessary? When should I start? Where are some places to move in the US that will be more receptive to transfolk should I choose to take on that beast? Tips/hacks/cheat codes?
>>
>>6234822
>hormones necessary?
That's up to you, it's not 100% necessary, but is something most trans girls take.

>when should I start?
Again, up to you, don't believe anyone who says there's an age limit on starting a transition.

>trans-friendly places in the US?
I can only speak for where I'm at and I can tell you that Dallas, Texas is rather trans-friendly, but just about anywhere is going to have some bad eggs.

>tips/hacks/cheat codes?
Get laser hair removal on your face if you can. Not having to worry about facial hair is pretty great. Also, get zapped anywhere else you can, I got my underarms done along with my face and I haven't had to think about hair in there ever since. It's not cheap, but it's very worth it.
>>
I have huge (18-19'') broad shoulders, is there anyway I can fix this or do I kill myself now?
>>
Does anyone have any coming out experiences to share? I'm a questioning MTF trying to build confidence to come out to my girlfriend and eventually close friends.
>>
>>6234863
Broad shoulders aren't actually the issue in question. The real bugaboo is the relationship of your shoulders to your hips and how large your breasts are. Cis girls with broad shoulders tend to have larger breasts and their hips are still proportional to their shoulders. There's surgical solutions to enhancing both those if you like.
>>
>>6234771
Self medding is an option.

>>6234811
I got compliments on being thorough in my research, etc.. I even mentioned that even with the cancer risks, I had a much higher life expectancy that when I was highly suicidal. I literally started transition after I found myself at the top of a boat ramp wondering if the near shore ice would support my truck until I got far enough out.

>>6234822
You can always visit towns a ways away.

Starting AAs as soon as possible would be good. Stop further masculinization.
>>
>>6234864
sure
>me: I'm trans
>everyone I've come out to: I know.
>>
>>6234822
Transitioning isn't worth the mood swings or long-term social/physical harm if you do not experience disphoria.
Perform a couple magnitudes more of research and figure it out for yourself, and don't be misled by the aggressive self medding that is promoted on this board.
>>
Anybody here does injecitons? When you do a Intramuscular injection how do you know you've reached the muscle? Do you feel some resitance when sticking a needle into it?
>>
>>6236744
you can find out if you're in the muscle by ventilating the needle. if you are in the muscle there will be no blood coming into the pump
>>
>>6236970
Doesn't that just mean that you're not in a blood vessel?
>>
does finesteride recover hairline? or does it only stop further recline? cause ive heard it can recover the hairline to cisgirl levels, although it sounds like bs.
>>
I apologize in advance for this fuck-huge blogpost... (1/3)

I'm 18, going to be 19 next month, male.
I've been struggling with these thoughts of feeling like a girl for I think starting at 4th/5th grade; around the time when it was all over the news that a guy got pregnant and after asking my parents about it, they brought up the concept of becoming trans.
Looking back, I can recall several events, for example stepping out of the shower and being unhappy with my gender when I look in the mirror, though I hadn't realized it at the time... It was just an inexplicable feeling inside me that I can now identify. I've never been good at putting my thoughts into words.
Other events like hating my body hair, (I've secretly been shaving all my under hair), feeling envy when looking at girls, and recently, like a year ago, I was part of the student government and we decided for spirit week to have Wednesday as wacky tacky day, so my friend Cheyenne (who was open about being lesbian) dresses up as a guy and I dressed up like a girl, and she had loaned me one of her old dresses. I can't describe the feeling I had that day, but it just felt... right. I didn't even pay mind to the people poking fun at me.
And I've recently started talking to a friend who is really into the Lolita fashion and stuff and was sharing pics of her new dresses, and I felt like I wanted to try them with her.
On top of that, I've always been able to get along better with girls, especially girls that admit to being gay. It's like that unseen connection between all (no offense) nerds that they can just walk up to a stranger who is also a nerd and automatically be best friends, because they already know they have so much in common. I should know, I'm a nerd myself.
I'm still uncertain if this is just a desire to crossdress, or if it's just dysphoria or something, I don't know. I've only recently identified that I feel this way, but I feel that I've always known that I feel like a girl.
>>
>>6237667
(2/3)

Here's my main set-back, though...
At first when I was identifying these feelings, I thought I might be gay, but realized that I wasn't liking girls because I had to, but I still wanted to. I feel that I may be bi, but like 70/30; 70% into women, 30% into men. Maybe even less than that, I don't know. I started assuming that I was just bi, and that's why I acted so feminine. Though, these feelings kept developing, and my mind was slowly becoming more open to these ideas...
I think I finally realized that I felt more feminine than masculine at the beginning of this year, and since then, I've been seriously struggling with these thoughts, i.e. putting me in states of depression, lowering my self esteem even lower, etc.
These thoughts in my head have gotten worse and worse as time has gone on and it's hindering me badly... This was the year where I was supposed to finally move out and get on to college and move on with my life but it's gotten so bad to where I get distracted by the thoughts at random during the day and it makes me just want to crawl in a hole away from everyone. I've managed to cope with getting my mind off it by drawing, writing, and playing video games and such, but it's only hindering the inevitable, and it'll just get worse as time passes.
>>
>>6237669
(3/3)

I finally opened up to my mom and shortly after my dad a few weeks ago, and to my relief, they were very accepting of me, though, the fully support me being gay, they're not too sure about the trans thing and are doing their best to steer me away from it. They're not saying it directly but after knowing my parents and how they coat their hidden intentions for so long, I can tell. They also want me to pick one sex or the other, they don't really believe in the whole "bisexual" concept, which is another hindrance, as I'm rather more bicurious than anything. I still like women, but only kind of like men. The same can be said about my therapist (who is a lesbian), but she is more supportive of me becoming trans. She talked me through all the good and bad things that could come out of it, and showed me examples of successful trans kids. Though, all the kids she showed were like "she knew she wanted to be a boy at the young age of 4 and is now living a healthy life." Even the girl who is writing that book series about being trans had it done at a very young age. I know all about Bruce/Katelyn Jenner, but is 19 too late to live a normal life as a woman? And a lesbian at that?

I'm so sorry for that blogpost, I'm just in some really deep shit right now and need help that only /lgbt/ would understand...
>>
>>6237672
19's good, it's actually pretty early all things considered. You don't start getting into hon territory until past 23 or so. And even there's wiggle room.
>>
>>6234875
What's considered normal hip range for girls?
>>
File: Waist_to_hip_ratio.jpg (117 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
Waist_to_hip_ratio.jpg
117 KB, 960x600
>>6237698
Divide waist by hip measurement.
>>
>>6233671
I went to the informed consent clinic and had estrogen in my thigh before I left.
>>
I'm on 50 mg of cypro, but it gave me a major depression, so I'm thinking of switching to bicalutamide. Is 50 mg of bica about the same as 50 mg of cypro? Or should i combine them, 25+25 for example? Any help would be great.
>>
So am I supposed to wash the Minoxidil out after it's been in for four hours or can I just leave it in 'til I shower the next day? The box doesn't say.
>>
>>6238403
I've left it on until the next morning, at which point I washed my face. No problems.
>>
You are all freaks and you will never be women.
>>
>>6238531
We know. Thank you!
>>
File: PKew9Lq.jpg (83 KB, 600x865) Image search: [Google]
PKew9Lq.jpg
83 KB, 600x865
>>6238531
http://kotaku.com/5805342/gamings-most-beautiful-transgender-gamer-releasing-semi-nude-photo-book
>>
>>6236744
knowledge of anatomy.

>>6236970
this >>6237017

>>6237113
yes it can, but not if the hair has been gone to long.
>>
>>6237667
>>6237669
>>6237672
I'd go to a gender therapist and tell them your story. To this partially educated mind, I'd say there is a strong chance you are. A gender therapist will help you figure out how transgender you are and if you really need to transition. I'd say it would pay to get on AAs sooner than later to block further masculinization.

A thing to remember is not all transgenders need to fully transition. In fact most only partially transition.
>>
Hey guys, super quick question.
What aisle of albertsons has the hair removal cream? I want to run in and out really fast and hope no one sees me buying it. Small town so friends will figure out and call me a faggot
>>
>>6238975
You do realize that a majority of us have no clue what albersons is, let alone which one you are referring to. I'd guess it is a discount or department store.
>>
>>6238652
>knowledge of anatomy.
How am I supposed to know exactly how much fat tissue do I have?
>>
>>6238996
Yes
>>
>>6239010
Get a 1.5 inch needle if you think you are fat, otherwise 1 inch.
>>
>>6237686
Thank you so much, that gives me some relief.

>>6238968
Thank you as well, I'm already looking for gender therapists. Though, what are AAs? I tried googling it but with no relative results...
(I apologize for my little knowledge on this)
>>
>>6239099
Anti antrogens, aka testosterone blockers (spironolactone, cyproterone acetate, bicalutamide, etc)
>>
>>6239165
Okay thank you anon, really. I'll definitely look into this.
>>
Is 29 too late?
>>
>>6239661
Birth is too late.
>>
File: 1462752338189.jpg (15 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1462752338189.jpg
15 KB, 480x480
>>6237686
>until past 23 or so
>>
File: 20160521_190331.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160521_190331.jpg
433 KB, 1920x1080
Im pre doing anything, is this a face that can pass with hormones?
>>
>>6237667
>>6237669
>>6237672
Hey, I've done practically the same, playing VG etc ... to prevent me from thinking about this.

I'm 19 and thought about since i'm 14 and didnt talk to my parents until i was 16 but I never went further because they dont really accept it, my dad told me, hey anon, wait until you're 20 ! ... Yeah ok ... but i'm dying inside dad ...

TL;DR, i'm such a failure that i don't try anything to move out of my comfort zone and make me think i'm even more a failure etc ...

Since 16 I've seen myself become more and more embittered and blunt, and I hate myself for what i'm become physically and psychologically
>>
>>6240442
With girl clothes, you should pass !
>>
>>6240532
Thanks, I think I'm just gonna go on hormones for a really long time but still be guy mode the whole time. Id just look like a really fem guy, but I'll come out when my tits start showing through a sports bra, tshirt, and hoodie.
>>
>>6240546
Ok, start this summer/early autumn so you can hide your boobs under sweat shirts and jackets this winter, if you want a bit more time to prepare your comming out ;)
>>
>>6240442
I know some girls who look like that.
>>
>>6240580
Thank you so much! Will do.
>>
Hi, Ive been self medding for the last month and a half, because I'm keeping it a secret from my family. I'm taking 300 mg a day of just spiro (I'll get estrogen soon), but my libido has not dropped a single bit. I still feel unsatisfied even when jerking off multiple times a day, and I still cum a decent amount. Wtf is happening?
>>
>>6240624
Have you had blood work done to check how your medication is affecting your hormone levels? 300mg is not a standard dose.
>>
Well, Ive actually been on for 3 months, but I started at 100mg a day. I wasnt noticing any effects so Ive eventually ramped it all the way to 300mg. What is a standard doss for you?
I havent gotten any bloodwork done because Im still under my parents.
>>
>>6240669
I didn't see much reduction in libido until a few months in. It was a gradual drop too. Give it some time. Alternately, get tested. Some people don't need T for their libido.
>>
>>6240669
I'm currently taking 50mg of bicalutamide as prescribed by my endocrinologist, but I was previously on 200mg of spironolactone. These doses are effective for most people in the reduction of testosterone. I've eliminated the testosterone in my body with both of these medications yet I was and still am able to maintain erections, ejaculate, etc. just as before. My hormone levels are within the female range as well. Just because you still have a high libido doesn't mean the medication isn't working.
>>
>>6240728
>>6240739
Thank you so much! I was really worried that Id develop further because of test from the spiro not working.
I hope a reduction comes in soon because it drives me crazy
>>
>>6240739
how did you get bica prescribed?
>>
>>6240779
Different anon, but I've been on 200mg of spiro daily for over two years and my libido is just as strong as it was pre-transition. Recently got blood work done and my T count is on the lower end of the cis female range. Still get an instant erection when my wife touches me.
My orgasms are dry but I'll leak quite a bit when I'm really turned on.
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for a shorter, feminine haircut? I was going to go for a haircut tomorrow, but don't really want to just sit down in the chair and ask for "something girly", especially considering how nervous I'll undoubtedly be.

For the record, my hair currently goes down to about an inch above my t-shirt neck line in the back and about down to eye level in the front.

INB4 "Just grow it out or put it in a ponytail or something":
1. Not really interested in long hair atm. Have a long wig that's kind of nice to wear, but the hair always falls in my eyes and is kind of annoying.
2. Parents would undoubtedly start asking questions, and I'd rather avoid that for the time being.
>>
>>6240838
I simply asked. I also brought some supplemental material for him to read if he was hesitant, but it didn't matter because my endocrinologist has been prescribing me whatever I want without hesitation. He even tried getting my insurance to cover GnRH medications that cost thousands of dollars (no luck yet).
>>
>>6241317
https://www.google.com/search?q=short+female+haircuts&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>>
what kind of hormones are available for transmen, and how much do they cost (standalone and insurance copay) / their dosage? i definitely wanna start hrt as soon as i can but i dont have insurance and im in between jobs and dont even have a primary/therapist since i moved last year (i got officially diagnosed with gid before and was planning on meeting up with an endo before gotkickedoutandwashomelessbeforeicametowhereiamnowCOUGH)
>>
>>6241507
<sarcasm>
Thanks, chief, that idea never occurred to me.
</sarcasm>
>>
>>6241525
pretty sure ftms just take testosterone, I think average dosage information is in the pastebin in the op.
I highly recommend figuring out how to get on some sort of health insurance though, as a mtf, my monthly scripts would be well over $100, not to mention bi-anual doctor visits and blood work.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>6241595
Happy to help!
I prefer to put mine up in a ponytail or bun because pulling my hair back helped feminize the overall look of my face and now it's just my favorite way to wear my hair.
>>
Is it possible to transition as a foreigner e.g. in USA? I'm soon 18, but I live in Finland so it could take like 1 and half a year to be allowed to start HRT (no self-medding here afaik).
>>
>>6242804
Why arent you able to self med? To self med, you just order the medicine online. Does finland look through each piece of mail or something? Itd be better to do it properly so you can get levels checked.
>>
>>6243157
not her but iirc it was either norway or finland that have packages seized if they try to self med
>>
I like having a dick, but I'd also like to appear as a woman. I'm really short and I've been described as feminine in facial features, but my body shape isn't too generous to the cause. I have broad shoulders and narrow hips. If I really wanted to go through with this, with what little knowledge I have, i was thinking maybe I might try HRT.

Now, I know after a certain period of time, your erections stop and you go sterile. I don't want that to happen either. What would anybody recommend? Just your usual dieting routine for traps and hope for the best?
>>
I want to MtF but I won't be able to get estrogen for at least a year. Does any of that herbal shit actually work? Not for full transition but just to sort of stop testosterone from making things worse. I was thinking pueraria mirifica and saw palmetto but everywhere I look makes it seem like some kind of magic snake oil nonsense like monatomic gold.
>>
>>6244394
Herbals aren't that effective. If it'll really be a year, maybe some self medding in the meantime will help. At very least to block T if you won't be getting on that anytime soon either.
>>
Useful
>>
>>6241317
Here is what I said when I got my first female hair cut.

I went to place in the most liberal part of my area and told them that I was trans and wanted a more feminine hair cut and didn't know anything about that. They gave me a bunch of examples they thought would go well with me and I chose one.
>>
>>6245195
Any examples of what you had done, or descriptions?
>>
>>6242804
In the USA, yes. Just go informed consent. Getting insurance may save you $ if you get a prescription drug plan.

>>6244024
>your erections stop and you go sterile.
not everybody has this happen.
Bicalutamide and dutasteride may be a good combo to zap T us, and DHT production while leaving fertility intact. Your T production will go up, but it's use will be blocked by the bicalutamide, except in the testicles. Concentration of T is to high there. The dutasteride is to stop T being converted into DHT which is a potent masculinizer. When you have excess T, some gets converted to estrogen.
>>
File: 1463951703494.jpg (154 KB, 574x746) Image search: [Google]
1463951703494.jpg
154 KB, 574x746
>>
File: 1449717387934.jpg (43 KB, 353x307) Image search: [Google]
1449717387934.jpg
43 KB, 353x307
>>6245195
Shoot...You are much braver than I am, lol. I could maybe try to work up the nerve to do that, though. It would probably yield the best results. :)

>>6245242
Yeah, I would be interested in this as well!
>>
>>6244024
I've been on spiro for over two years, yeah I've become sterile (most likely, hard to get it tested when nothing comes out to test) but I'm still quite capable of getting an erection.

I've always heard it simply put as "use it or lose it," if you regularly masturbate or have sex, your ability to get an erection won't go away.
>>
>>6244394
herbal shit doesn't work, don't waste your money on it.
>>
>>6245321
Yeah I thought informed consent would be the best option. Do you have any idea if it could be financially viable to work there in some shitty ass job and self-med? Would it be possible to start school with some savings?

Also, how about shit like name change? I'd like to have gender and name in the legal documents after all.
>>
>>6245555
I mean new name and gender lol
>>
>>6245555
Different anon.
Changing your name is an expensive and long process which will ultimately be up to the discretion of whatever judge you eventually go before. The judge retains his ability to say no and deny the name change. Expect to spend close to $400 and have it take a minimum of a month and a half.

For me, I didn't go through an informed consent clinic, I found a trans therapist who offered flexible rates. She got me my letter after only two visits (would have been one, but she spent 3/4 of the first session going over her credentials), then found a pretty trans friendly doctor's office where I got my scripts on the first visit. I highly recommend getting some form of health insurance because blood work and full-price scripts are very pricey.
>>
>>6245555
Also, changing your gender on legal stuff depends on the requirements of the particular state you find yourself in. For instance, here in Texas we have to go through a "permanently altering" surgery before we can change our gender marker. That surgery can be anything from ffs, to an orchi, to breast augmentation.
I'll hopefully be getting an orchi relatively soon (waiting to hear back from the urologist after seeing him last Friday) so I can share the experience here. Then see how the process works to change my gender markers.
>>
>>6245623
>>6245640
Thanks for the help! Could I change my name without being an american and is there anything else required for the name change? Like in Finland you have to live as a opposite gender for a year before being allowed to change the name.
>>
>>6245736
>change name without being an american
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. Probably not though.
>>
>>6245736
Just for a name change? Jeez, that sucks.
Can cis people not change their names either or what?
>>
>>6245786
I'm not 100% sure how this works here, but I think you can only change it to your gender's name, so taking unisex name could work. Don't quote me on this one though
>>
>>6245786
It's the same process whether you're trans or cis.
It takes so long because you have to get fingerprinted and have a fbi background check done on them, which takes a month. It costs so much because the filing fee at the court is about $350, along with $30 to be fingerprinted and various small fees here and there.
>>
i'm trying to gain weight for the HRT gains

i can't

help how do i become fat
>>
>>6245850
Eat Pizza every day, c'mon.
>>
>>6245850
10 SCOOPS
C'MON
>>
File: 1434047620694.jpg (161 KB, 670x1024) Image search: [Google]
1434047620694.jpg
161 KB, 670x1024
>>6245845
Depends on the state. Transgender status also streamlines it in some states. It varies form state to state.

>>6245850
Eat lots of sugary and starchy foods all the time.
>>
>>6245850
Don't over eat, that's how you gain bad fat.

If you want a more soft feminine figure, eat mostly carbs but dont go over 10 x your body weight in pounds calories per day.

Then do more endurance type exercises, like jogging or biking. It's a healthy way to kill muscles without burning much fat. Only strength type exercises you should be doing is squats, but you also shouldn't worry about exercising. The reason dudes get big muscles from exercising is the testosterone, so if you're at normal female levels of testosterone, you shouldn't get big unless you train very hard.
>>
>>6245921
I know, I was speaking with experience in Texas, but forgot to specify that.
>>
>>6245946
I was told to do the following exercises for a bigger butt:

3x30 Squats, Lunges, Kickbacks, Bridges, and Hip Abductions

I haven't gone on HRT yet. Should I stop doing these?
>>
>>6245993
find your calorie requirements here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ based on what you want to do
ignore the 10x body weight
>>
>>6245946
Sounds like a diet of fruits, oatmeal and bread from what some quick research says. I like it.
>>
>>6245993
No, as long as you avoid proteins in your diet you shouldn't build much muscle mass.
If you want to be extra safe, mix in a 45 minute jogging pace run every week. There's a reason marathon runners look like string beans and sprinters look like greek gods
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 1080x1920
I'm 18, barely on hrt. Apart from my witch nose could I even hope to look a little cute? I don't really try to present masc or fem and people look at me like a freak as it is. I feel hopeless
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 1280x960
>>
File: Elladin.png (16 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
Elladin.png
16 KB, 500x650
>>6245195
>>6245404
Geez, on a scale of 1 to autism:
>Literally practice what I'm going to say at the salon before I leave.
>"Well, the thing is that I'm trans, so I'd like to get a more feminine cut, but I know nothing about them. I was hoping you would have some suggestions for me."
>Okay, let's do this.
>Drive over, walk in, sit down.
>Hairdresser asks me what she can do for me.
>"Well, ummm...Well, it's kind of hard to describe."
>The smell of tomatoes and garlic is in the air.
>"Oh, just start, and I'm sure I'll get the gist!"
>"Oh, okay, well...Ummm...I guess I was kind of hoping to get *gulp* maybe something a bit more feminine?"
>Spaghetti begins to will itself into existence in my pockets.
>She pulls out a book of styles and starts asking if I was thinking of something like a pompadour. Starts flipping through a whole bunch of men's haircuts.
>"See anything you like?"
>"W-well...Do you think we could look at some of the women's styles?"
>All the hair that was on the floor has morphed into spaghetti noodles.
>She gets the hint and grabs a different book. We start looking through and pick out a style that should work.

Everything after that was pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, my hair isn't long enough to truly pull off the look she was going for, but she took some notes for the next time I come in and told me to just grow it out nice and long for next time. :)

So everything worked out in the end, but holy crap, did I ever almost explode. Now I'm just hoping I can maintain this style. :J Thanks anon, you're a lifesaver (even if I did kinda muck it up...)
>>
>>6246410
Got a pic of it?
>>
>>6246410
Damn I bet that had to take courage, nice work anon. Thats something I could never muster the strength to do myself.
>>
>>6246410
I don't think it's necessary to mention you are transgender. If she asks then sure.
>>
>>6237698
I rally don't think >>6237708 is accurate. it puts me in the high risk bracket but on others charts on the internet I'm low or average. I'm a bit overweight now but not obese by a long shot
I'm a cis girl and have a small waist, around 68cm when I was thin and now that I'm a chub, around 80cm and 100cm hip
but I'm 1.8m tall so...
>>
ok, I posted this on the ftm general but might get better answers here

how do you know you're trans?
I'm a (supposedly) cis woman, 27 years old
I feel as if everything would make sense if I was male, my tastes, my personality
I've "behaved" like a boy in my early childhood and still kinda do to this day. I have a lot of trouble with my super feminine hips, I find them beautiful but wrong. puberty was hard and I cried a lot because I didn't want my body to change, didn't want to have periods. I'm extremely repulsed by pregnancy, always have been. I sometimes daydream people call me he/him. I cross dress at home but am totally terrified to leave the house like that.
thing is, I can deal with most of it. it's not unbearable, it's a pain in the ass, like wearing cold wet socks the whole fucking time but I'm not going to go suicidal over it.
some people say I'm just a tomboy, others say I might really be trans
what do? someone with a similar story? have you found a middle ground?
>>
>>6246788
You might be transgender with a preference for male things but you certainly don't sound like a transsexual who should modify their body through surgery and HRT.
>>
>>6246320
I think that hair is pretty cute.
>>
How do I get fucking hormones online in canada
>>
Can I hire an endocringeologist off of 4chan? `u`
>>
>>6245195
I went to the transgender/alternative barber shop/salon. I love my city.
>>
File: 1456722261368s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1456722261368s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>6246664
I do...But unfortunately I'm not really wanting to post it. My friend really discouraged me on the whole thing this evening, and I've totally lost all my self-confidence. :/

>>6246690
Thanks! I hope it's worth it...
>>
>>6247856
just blur out your face and the room
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459007978985.jpg (33 KB, 540x419) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459007978985.jpg
33 KB, 540x419
>>6247882
Sorry, let me rephrase that: I was feeling good about how my hair looked and wanted to show it off. Now my friend made me feel like crap and I feel like it looks like crap and don't want anyone to see.
>>
>>6247938
fuck your "friend" then m8
whatever don't show it if you don't want to but we really just want to see it and won't make fun of you
>>
>>6247856
In what way was it cut and styled? Can you find a picture of someone else with the same hairstyle? Just curious.
>>
File: Haircut.jpg (719 KB, 1080x1260) Image search: [Google]
Haircut.jpg
719 KB, 1080x1260
>>6247973
>>6248008
Meh...Screw it. Now that I've gotten you all hyped up, lol, prepare to be disappointed. Like I said, it's a work in progress until my hair grows back out more.
And please excuse my crappy "censoring" job, lol.
>>
>>6248033
I don't know what your friend is talking about but this looks great. I even might consider trying this hair style myself.
>>
>>6233634
Hey /thg/,
a lot of your traffic is currently in femgen.
your general thrives off of this discussion, whereas ours is ruined by it.
please help me direct traffic to thg in the future! thanks.
>>6248267
>>
File: alas.jpg (280 KB, 1038x1288) Image search: [Google]
alas.jpg
280 KB, 1038x1288
>>6248258
Really? Thanks! :3
Yeah, she was going on about how short hair in general is a masculine thing - that she "knows people who are the girliest girls, but as soon as they cut their hair, they look like a guy." She keeps saying that in order to pass (at least at the start), you have to cater to stereotypes to an extent. I mean, there's some validity there, but still...
>>
>>6248355
You should ask for a second opinion. If you want mine, I'd assume you were a cis female from that photo. I can't imagine a guy with that haircut.
>>
Any online pharmacies that stock bicalutamide and raloxifene and ship to sweden?
I've had no luck so far and I don't know which ones are shady
>>
>>6248409
Geez, well thank you again! That really means a lot! :)
Idk, with the stage I'm at right now, I really just need compliments and motivation, even if they're not sincere (though I'm totally not saying yours aren't). It got to the point today where I just felt like this was all a total waste of time and there was no way in hell I'd ever pass, just because of the stuff my friend was telling me. Not really the best way of staying positive...
>>
Sometimes I feel trans as fuck and basically want to kill myself when I get reminded that I have a cock.
Other times I'm pretty much ok with everything, and pretty strongly against transitioning just because of how much of a hassle it would be. Not really against the idea of being a girl, but definitely against the idea of going through the hell that is transition.
How do I fix this, one way or the other.
>>
>>6248033
Nice hair! Even if you want to grow it out it's best to grow it out from a cut you like. And fuck your friend for robbing you of your fresh haircut confidence, that's kinda sacrilegious in this day and age.
>>
I know every doctor is different, but has anyone had success bringing in a whole bunch of research on transition and hormones to their doctor to get them to prescribe? Like if the doctor doesn't have a lot of experience with it, and doesn't necessarily follow the informed consent model, could proving you know your shit sway them?
>>
>>6245321
So I need a DHT suppressor, if i want to use bica?
>>
>>6249280
Yeah because testosterone levels will remain high using bica and conversion to DHT will still happen and DHT happens to have a higher affinity to the AR compared to bica so you'll still have virilization if you don't suppress DHT
>>
>>6249348
Thank you, because I also heard that bica blocks DHT too, so wasn't sure. Will high testosterone levels affect breast development? And scared about other effects of test on me, but better than cypro I guess.
>>
>>6248668
Transition. Shit's just going to get worse.

Hassle>Suicide.
>>
>>6248549
brandmedicines for bicalutamide in EU, but why do you need raloxifene? Just take calcium or something.
>>
>>6246788
I'd talk with a gender therapist. You do sound transgender, but also remember many transgenders don't need to do any body transition. Even of those that do, most don't go all the way. A good gender therapist will help you sort out just how transgender you are, and how much you need to transition.
>>
>>6249524
Because the AR receptors are blocked and DHT production is stopped, no.
>>
Does anyone here self-medicate using patches?

What would be the patch equivalent of 4mg/day of estrofem?
>>
>>6249524
Bicalutamide is a mild progestin so breast growth should be improved.
>>
so is the general consensus really "if you don't already want to kill yourself don't transition"? I just don't know which I'll regret more in 20 years, doing it or not doing it. why is this so god damn hard
>>
>>6251655
No, if you don't do it now you'll kill yourself later.
Save yourself while you can
>>
>>6249841
I want raloxifene because I'm a femboy and I want the estrogen-like effects without the tits.
If I take bica and calcium I assume I'll just get the effects of blocking T while calcium lowers the risk of osteoporosis, right?
Do you know where I could get raloxifene though?
>>
>>6251948
Bicalutamide is known to result in gyno in men.
>>
>>6252024
That's why i asked for raloxifene, it's an estrogen receptor that has antagonizing effects on breat tissue
>>
soooo, i'm kinda getting kicked out of my parents' home.. i have 3 days to gather my shit and leave before they give me the boot. thing is, i have no idea where the hell to go. i have no job, i'm broke, i have no friends, and university for me begins in august on the other side of the globe. am i fucked? is this the end? i mean i don't even have an id or the equivalent of an ssn because my parents have kept all that shit hidden from me. um.. yeah. so on a scale of 1-10 how fucked am i?
>>
>>6252092
Call a local LGBT hotline and they'll know what to do.
>>
>>6252101
one problem. i'm in the middle east (no i'm not arab, just an american who moved here due to my parents working here) sooooo those don't exist here. at all.
>>
>>6252110
where?
Egypt?
Israel?
Lebanon?
Fucking tunisia?
>>
My nipples stopped hurting. Does this mean my boobies aren't growing anymore? I'm less than two months into HRT, but still...
>>
>>6252122
egypt. the shithole of all shitholes
>>
>>6252133
http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/international/egypt-suicide-hotlines.html
>>
>>6252155
you sure a suicide hotline can help?
>>
>>6252133
Do you have family ? Can you get out of the country ?
>>
>>6252167
do i have family? yes, in america. can i get out? hell knows if they are willing to help me. i don't even have their contact details
>>
>>6252128
No.. They stop and then start again after some time.. 20 months hrt and they still do that.. Now that Iswitched to injections they started growing much more again tho
>>
>>6252178
Well then better get busy finding dem contact infos
>>
>>6252163
They'll surely know of some resources. Worth giving a call I think.
>>
Is Pueraria Mirifica a scam? I won't be able to get hormones for some time so I'm wondering if this will do until then.
>>
>>6252092
I'd go to some local school or college campus in the area and ask for help, even if I wasn't enrolled.
>>
File: 1453513458889.gif (273 KB, 470x810) Image search: [Google]
1453513458889.gif
273 KB, 470x810
I've been taking 200mg Spiro and 4mg Estradial for a while now but I'm looking to buy better shit. What's the superior option and how should I dose it based off of what I was taking previously?
>>
>>6233634
Where's the mental health part on that picture, isn't it almost proven that being a transsexual is a mental illness?
>>
>>6252203
yes
>>
>>6252383
GnRH antagonists, such as Goserelin or Leuprolide, is the best available. They shut down the production of hormones entirely, it's basically like castration.
>>
File: patch-levels-chart-2.jpg (50 KB, 1186x746) Image search: [Google]
patch-levels-chart-2.jpg
50 KB, 1186x746
>>6250810
Each 100mcg patch is expected to produce 80pg/mL +/-20pg/mL blood level of E2 estrogen. Wear two 100mcg patches at once for a good blood level.

This chart is for the older and larger Estradot and Vivelle-Dot patches. It shows average measured E2 blood level increases from a study.
>>
>>6252110
Go to your local US embassy or consulate. Explain your situation. In all likelihood your mom & dad signed some agreement when you moved to the country that they are responsible for your passage home if needed.

>>6252178
Find your passport, etc..
>>
>>6252411
Yes, that's why we're getting treatment
>>
Well, since it's a trans help thread, I guess I will ask here instead of making a new one.

I'm 5 days on HRT. After 3 days my breasts started to hurt, but not that much. Since then it's increasing. How much it will hurt?

For reference: I'm MtF, 19 and I'm taking 100mg Androcur per day (2 tabletes, one when I wake up and one before I go to sleep) for a 2 weeks. Then I will be taking 50mg Androcur per day (1 tab).

And I probably did stupid thing, but I put Androcur and Esdraderm MX 100 (basically the same as Estradot 100) at once. I need to change the patch every 3 days.

I felt really dizzy for a first 3 days, is it normal? This is what my GP prescribed, I'm not self-medding.
>>
>>6252411
It's not a mental illness like anorexia is a mental illness.
>>
>>6252463
>Wear two 100mcg patches at once for a good blood level.

Damn, that sounds expensive. I guess this is why nobody really self-meds with patches.
>>
>>6252557
why don't you ask your doctor instead of 4chan?
100mg cpa seems like a lot though, most people are fine on 25mg, unlike megahons like me who needs 50mg
>>
>>6233634
hey prescription fags.
do you guys have any problems keeping your levels of T down?
I'm on 300 mg spiro and 6 mg estradoil daily.

Are there better solutions? I was told an orchectomy wouldn't be offered if I couldn't reduce my T through drugs, eventually they would just tell me to ease off of them if they became unhealthy. I am concerned for my health so I wanted to get some information.
>>
>>6252557
100 mg of that a day is described as potentially fatal.
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/1808
>>
>>6252557
sue your GP for malpractice
>>
Am I not really trans if the idea of not passing is enough to make me not want to transition?
I don't see how living as a total social outcast is any better than living with self loathing.
>>
>>6252768
> I was told an orchectomy wouldn't be offered if I couldn't reduce my T through drugs
wut
>>
>>6253202
they wouldn't give a referral.
>>
>>6253161
As long as you transition before the age of like, 40, you should be able to pass.

It should be noted that "passing" doesn't mean "10/10 perfectly feminine qt." You'll probably always have some masculine features, but a lot of cis women have masculine features.
>>
File: krew.png (70 KB, 950x1232) Image search: [Google]
krew.png
70 KB, 950x1232
>>6252755
Because she's a one of a (only) 3 gender therapists in a whole country. Waiting list to her are about a 2 months long. Poland stronk.

My testosterone level pre-HRT was quite high, so I don't know. I will go to the endocrinologist in august, because she described HRT for 3 months and it was so expensive that I have 10PLN left in my pocket. Again, Poland stronk.

>>6252781
Ugh... even only for a 2 weeks?

>>6252789
I can't really. Trans people in Poland have no law whatsoever. She's even working as a psychiatrist, because gender therapists are (sort of) illegal.
>>
>>6253208
That's totally bizarre, find a different clinic.
>>
>>6253235
no, you are probably fine. but still, the doctor should know thats fucking dangerous and work you up. not just drop 100mg on you indefinitely.

ask her to ease you off 25 mg and check your levels again on the next step. maybe she was right to prescribe you that, but it seems very aggressive and dangerous. a doctor should be willing to see how things go first before amping up the dosage when less might work.
>>
>>6253245
by the time this matters I'll be having it done through a year of therapy anyway. I wont need a referral. I just want info on the medication question.
>>
>>6253256
Thank you. Actually, I'm looking for a job in a UK atm. I need to get out of this country and get proper help.

(Like: https://gendergp.co.uk/ )
>>
>>6253262
That amount is fine for most people, but not everyone. What do your blood tests show?
>>
>>6253282
recently they seem p normal, T is something like 80 or 120. maybe less. don't remember. used to have trouble getting them below 300. though the reason I brought it up is because I suspect that the drugs may not stay in my system long enough. I have been alteranting between splitting the dose and what not. the doctor says it shouldn't matter but charts seem to indicate otherwise, who knows.

>>6253274
oh, and you said you where dizzy right? if that shit happens ease off the dosage yourself before going back to the doctor.
>>
File: YjEX1iK.png (115 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
YjEX1iK.png
115 KB, 720x1280
>>6253311
Yup, everyone said it's normal though because stopping testosterone and stuff. The point is I don't feel dizzy anymore, so... I guess that everything is alright?
>>
>>6248033
that's super cute! the color is really good too
I have a cis female friend who wears her hair exactly like yours
>>
>>6252768
>I was told an orchectomy wouldn't be offered if I couldn't reduce my T through drugs
That's stupid. If all anti androgens fail or have bad side effects, then orchectomy is done to lower testosterone.

Spiro sometimes doesn't work for some people. Anything able to produce castrate or near castrate levels of T, like many testicular cancer drugs, can be used as an anti androgen. Even the birthcontrol drug Depo Provera (Medroxyprogesterone) can be used. I use it in a 3 month shot form. 200mg spiro was causing bad side effects in me so I switched to it.

>>6253235
By the picture, your Testosterone is well within normal range for a male when that was done.

As said, 25mg or 50mg of Androcur

>>6253352
I never felt dizzy as I started Spiro.
>>
I've been on HRT for a little over six weeks now (50mg cyproterone, 4mg estradiol) and I'm not really feeling that different, physically or emotionally. Should I wait another couple weeks, or go ahead and bump my estradiol up to 6mg?
>>
>>6254531
Six weeks is basically no time at all. Physical changes happen in the span of months, not weeks. Like you're looking at probably about 3 months before you even start getting breast buds.
>>
Why do transwomen fall apart after 35 while transmen just end up looking way better than their AMAB counterparts?
>>
>>6254615
It's hormonal. Before puberty we're all pretty much the same outside of a couple bits between the legs. Then you get decades of hormones kicking in. Sometimes it's harder to reverse than others.

> FTM
Works better at older ages because female hormones eventually stop in all females around age 40-50. Also the masculine hormones easily over ride the feminine ones.

> MTF
You're going to need a serious hormone blocker on top of everything else. Between age 30-60 it's super tough to undo all the male hormones. Oddly, I have seen FtM actually work on former males over 60 as their natural hormones sometimes ease back with old age. It's a weird window.
>>
>>6254670
Makes sense. Thanks anon.
>>
Quite masculine and masculine looking but I want to associate as female. I don't feel any obligation to look or act fem. Should I just say fuck it and continue with male pronouns and not make a big stink? My heart kinda flutters when people refer to me with female pronouns though. A lot of my friends know I consider myself non-binary but I feel weird saying I'm female when I have a penis and facial hair and don't "act like a girl" or anything. I mean if I walked into a ladies bathroom someone would scream.
>>
>>6254745
Also would that make me a lesbian? I like women and also I find lesbians more attractive for some reason. Sorry I'm weird and I feel like I have made gender assumptions idk
>>
File: gay milk.jpg (149 KB, 460x700) Image search: [Google]
gay milk.jpg
149 KB, 460x700
>>6254797
Aren't all men who like women lesbians? Don't ask out a lesbian though, they don't like cawk even if it's ladycawk.

>>6254745
Using female pronouns when you're a male is a classic gay move. Don't be surprised if you get called "Mary" if you start doing that as it's a gay thing. As long as you don't mind looking gay, feel free to use female pronouns.
>>
So I'm mtf with an ftm boyfriend and we're looking for strap-ons. And not one that goes both ways cause yeah, not really his thing.
>>
>>6254817
Yeah I've had a lot of attention from gay guys for reasons that are pretty obvious to me but its just my personality I can't help it. I've fooled around with guys too but I always feel bad because I don't like dick and I don't go as far as genitalia I just like touching bodies. I guess I'm bi but who isn't? Girls are just better looking than guys breasts are great
>>
>>6254863
You can't go wrong with Tantus. Lots of nice designs are there, all strap-on compatible, and there's even the famous Feeldoe.

>>6254880
There's nothing wrong with being bi. Just be honest if you decide to flirt with a guy. Nobody likes feeling like they were led on.
>>
How do I get myself a therapist? Should I ask my general practitioner for a recommendation or something else?
>>
>>6253844
I'm just going to keep drinking in this positive feedback, lol.
Thank you! :3 That's good to know that I'm not the only one who likes having shorter hair! The colour's just natural, but I think it works too. :) Can't really imagine another colour that I think would work, desu.
>>
When I orgasm I feel this weird "emptiness" between my legs and arms, and all along the front of my body, like my body is urging me to grab someone and hold them close. Anyone else know this feeling?
>>
>>6257478
Yep, it's pretty normal
>>
Today, for the first time, my therapist said my dysphoria is almost certainly true and started using female pronoums. I know there's a long way to go, but its my first small step to transition
>>
>>6257827
>therapist not using your preferred pronouns from day one

That seems kinda unprofessional.
>>
I can't stop masturbating. I don't think it's bad but I do think it's a bit unusual, especially considering I'm near 30. I've always had a high libido before starting testosterone, then I mellowed for a bit, and now it's like teenage puberty all over again in which I go at it six times a DAY, when that was my average for a WEEK.
>>
>>6257917
They have it lucky. My therapist, who I've been working with for like four months, still has a bad habit of using male pronouns weeks after explaining to her that I want to be respected with female ones. It shows her lack of experience in transgender care that it never crossed her mind to ask about pronouns until I had to bring it up after four months of therapy.

And she's pro-hon, too. She always talks about this 40-year-old woman with a beard that lives a normal life as a teacher and doesn't take medication and everyone loves her.
>>
Okay, heres the story.

So ive been taking generic estradiol and spiro for a little over 3 months now. I already have breast buds that are clearly not just fat around my pecs. So breast growth has started.

Now i recently spoke with a new gender counselor (who is not aware that im on hormones yet) who said he would recommend lupron over spiro because its apparently a stronger AA. Im definitely interested and my parents would not mind footing the bill. My question is would staying on spiro befote switching to lupron disrupt or inhibit breast growth in any way? Should i just stop hormones now and wait for the go ahead from my parents to go on e and lupron? Or should i keep doing what im doing?
>>
>>6258477
Why didn't you ask your gender therapist any of that?
>>
>>6252062
there aren't any that ship directly to sweden i'd imagine if ihp and adc fail you. try alibaba, just remember to get samples and stuff beforehand
>>
>>6258493
I didn't know about ihp, apparently they ship raloxifene to sweden.
I've never heard of them though, are they trustworthy? do they ship from eu and do they ship if I don't send them a prescription?
also just to make sure, ihp stands for inhousepharmacy dot vu right?
>>
>>6258524
yes lol, ihp is trustworthy. and yes you have the right site. select the fax option, don't send them a fax and ignore the email where they send you instructions.
>>
>>6258477
This is a conversation you should have with your therapist and/or doctor. Because right now you are seeking medical advice from anonymous strangers on the Internet. Your therapist is not going to call the police on you for self-medicating. I highly doubt you will be terminated as a patient or anything like that either. However they HAVE to know what you have been taking before they rx you something else.
>>
>>6258112
>takes testosterone
>surprised about increased sex drive
>>
>>6258477
Lupron shuts down the pituitary which produces hormones, unlike Spironolactone which only blocks testosterone. It is close to if not equivalent to castration. I'm no doctor, but this stuff is pretty straight forward. If not Lupron then you can research other GnRH antagonists.
>>
>>6258112
Sounds like a normal male libido. Welcome to hell, dude.
>>
(MTF)

How do I come out to my parents? I've been stuck with this for months because something is just "blocking" me from talking about it with them. I've always been terrible at sharing important personal stuff with them.

I don't even know how I would start. "I have issues with my gender identity..." or something just sounds extremely silly to me when I'm imagining the start of the discussion with them.

My psychiatrist thinks it's essential for me to come out - and I agree. I want to, but I just can't. His only advice has been "you must be brave about it" but I really don't find the bravery.

I'm very sure they are going to be acceptible in general so that's not a problem.

I know that no help can actually bring me to talk with them, it must be me who does it. But does anyone have any tips on how to tell it face-to-face, like how to break the ice and in which order to discuss about everything related to it.

I'm pathetic, I know...
>>
>>6259219
I'm going through something similar right now, so i know that feel so much. I actually already came out to my mom (by accident/impulse) a few weeks ago, and I wasn't ready for that at all and messed everything up, so much that I asked for some time to do it properly.

I would say writing a letter helps a lot, it doesn't have to be really formal, but talk about your stuff in detail there, then you can either give it to them and ask them to take a look before sitting down to talk, or give it to them, let them read it, and then talk.

Trust me, I know how it feels to be scared. In my case, my family might even kick me out for something like this, and if yours are accepting, then there's less to worry about. Also writing the letter will organize your thoughts a bit and make it easier.

Good luck anon~
>>
File: 1462717254170.jpg (26 KB, 399x533) Image search: [Google]
1462717254170.jpg
26 KB, 399x533
>>6253217
Calling that statement "overoptimistic" would be very generous. Cis women can have some masculine features, but those features aren't as masculine as those that men have nor do they have as many. Having masculine features is different to just looking like a man (which HRT will barely change).

Some lucky people will be able to pass at that age; by far the majority won't.

People ae way too focused on age when it comes to speculating on passing. If you look feminine enough you will pass; you get less feminine the older you get; being naturally feminine can compensate for being old, and being young can compensate for being naturally masculine.

>>6253161
That's a reasonable position to hold. However, you can still take HRT to improve your body and stop it from getting worse even if you don't plan on transitioning socially. Your dysphoria and your body will only get worse with time, so you have to decide whether to cut your losses and do what you can now. Also, if you already know you're trans then you should at least attempt the only known treatment; iIf both outcomes are just as bad (assuming transition fails) then it makes sense to go for the option that actually changes things and has at least some chance of working, as opposed to just doing nothing.
>>
Would dosing some estrofem and saw palmetto work?
Or would it better to just get actual anti-androgens from alldaychem?
I have 56 2mg estrofem and like half a bottle of 250 540mg SP left.
>>
>>6233634
Hey guys! I have no idea who to ask, so I'm going to ask it here. How the fuck do I find a good therapist? I've been looking on psychology today and various websites, but how do I find a reputable one?

I found one in my area (Rochester, New York) that seems legit? (What little reviews I can find of her make her seem okay?)

My other concern is, I don't have a car right now, and I don't know how long that's going to be. Which is fine - that just means I have to take the bus. But Rochester isn't exactly the most LGBT friendly place ever (not to say it's the worst - I'd say it more or less just people don't know a lot because they aren't exposed to it a lot, which is whatever), so I don't know what therapists are/aren't legit. I just don't want to waste my time getting somewhere only to have someone be an asshole. I'm not even saying I want someone to give me my paper to get hormones right away; I just want someone who's fair, and who'll be willing to help me out as best they can and that's not wigged out by trans people.
>>
>>6259757
Seeing a doctor is the best answer as that's the only way to know what your hormone levels actually are. If you can talk to a doctor then you can know what you actually need. It allow makes sure you get the right doses so you can transition better.

>>6260098
Reviews and board accreditation are a good way. Past that, try booking a trial session. Test the waters. See what they think of your trans-ness. If they try to talk you out of it or demand validation from you as to your gender right away then they're bad. Try someone else.

Sadly, unless you can find your local guys on a trans help forum you're not going to know until you have spoken with them. Trans friends and trans haters all look alike until they open their mouths.
>>
>>6260175
Thank you! I'll look into that. I know at my school, there's an office for LGBT stuff, so I may ask them. Also, I recently discovered that there are Informed Consent providers for hormones, and it seems like the waiting time to actually get on the hormones would be a lot less than if I did it through a therapist. Has anyone gone through that? How did they find the overall process?

I know that going on hormones is something I want to do, but I also think that therapy is something that I'd like to do. I've been reading into it, and it sounds like it's good if you do both (i.e. informed consent to get on T + going to a therapist to discuss stuff). It sounds like, for some people, it helps them feel a bit more even with their therapist as they don't have to censor/exaggerate what they feel. What do people think about that? Has anyone done something like that/just gone the informed consent route? What are the pros and cons people have found? What is the actual process like?
>>
>>6259505
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1316490035850.png (220 KB, 760x698) Image search: [Google]
1316490035850.png
220 KB, 760x698
>>6249524
iirc bica blocks DHT as well (source: wikipedia):

Bicalutamide acts as a potent and highly selective competitive silent antagonist of the androgen receptor (AR). This prevents the activation of the AR and subsequent upregulation of androgen-responsive genes by androgens such as testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT).[43][78] Bicalutamide has also notably been found to accelerate the degradation of the AR.[79] Owing to its selectivity, unlike steroidal antiandrogens such as cyproterone acetate and megestrol acetate,[80] bicalutamide does not additionally inhibit or suppress androgen production in the body – instead, it exclusively blocks androgen binding and subsequent receptor activation at the level of the AR.[81]

Bica targets the androgen receptor, rather than spiro or cypro which target testosterone. That means there are some implications:

(warning heavy medical stuff, also I'm not an endocrinologist soo yea)

>Testosterone levels will be just as high as before
Except that they'll be useless because the only way that testosterone leads to virilization (becoming more masculine) is through binding to androgen receptors > gene expression > protein synthesis.
>Not suppressing testosterone means to an extent that your growth hormones won't be inhibited
Growth hormones (HGH and IGF-1, which contribute to height growth) are driven by androgens to an extent. However, the reason that girls are shorter is that estrogen facilitates epiphyseal closure, or in other words, the solidification of the ends of bones, and that will probably be the main factor in determining height.
>Probably higher bone density
Due to above growth hormones
>Same sex drive and fertility
Because testosterone isn't inhibited in the testes
>Some testosterone will be converted to estrogen via aromatization (this is how cis guys get estrogen)

There's a condition where some males are born with defective ARs, so they grow up with an almost complete female anatomy except no inner vagina.
>>
So aside from flannel, what's good for layering or just generally hiding puffy nips in summer? I'm only ~2 months in, so there's not a lot of breast growth goin on, but my nips are definitely noticeable.
>>
>>6259757
>saw palmetto
don't be retarded
>>
>>6249280
>>6260407
I was prescribed both finasteride and bicalutamide by my endocrinologist. Why the fin if bica supposedly inhibits DHT I don't know, but I guess I could ask and get back with an answer if anyone is curious...
>>
How do I stop from peeing out my estrogen? Every time I pee it seems like I can smell the estrogen, and I hate the thought of flushing it down. Should I start drinking my urine?
>>
you faggots need to get with reality. putting on makeup and a dress won't make you a woman. you need some professional help
>>
>>6261532
i would like to know

>>6261597
yes, you need to drink the pee 2-3 times before only trace amounts of estrogen remain. also, you are regularly consuming semen right?
>>
>>6261637
Well of course it won't. I'm already a woman, just playing around with the casing to make it match.
>>
>>6261637
Yeah, we know, we tried.

t. ftms
>>
>>6261756
>>6261748
>responding seriously to trolls
>>
>>6261597
Just pee in your "tee hee" panties and let it absorb back into your pussy stick. Wear extra panties if you're afraid the special titty skittle pee will leak. Hugs!!!
>>
>>6261815
No harm in being sporting. What's wrong with banter?
>>
>>6261816
can I lose estrogen through feces as well??
>>
>>6262088
>the only reason to be a woman is to be beautiful

Reassess your priorities in life.
>>
>>6262088
You don't die when you hit 30 love. If being young and attractive is all you feel there is to life you need to sort yourself out. You might not even be trans, just seriously twisted.
>>
>>6261532
Please tell us, there's so little information about bica.
>>6260407
>Same sex drive and fertility
Am I going to think with my dick again like I used to? I'll probably use some really small doses of cypro/spiro then.
>>
>>6260407
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12496872
DHT actually has higher affinity than bicalutamide, so it won't block it effectively. Clinical relevance to be determined, but prescribing finasteride is logical with that in mind.

As you said the receptor is blocked, so the levels are irrelevant for growth hormone production too.

Bone density is increased because estradiol level are increased. Not because "growth hormone"...

Supposedly fertility-conserving in prostate cancer patient. That's if you take no estrogen, as adding it would reduce testosterone levels, thus possible hit on fertility.

Libido doesn't reside in the testes... About 50% reports decreased libido (http://m.annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/15/6/974.short), most paper find that sex drive is significantly increased compared to other AA, so anyway it is the best option if that's a concern.
>>
>>6262306
Switching from 200mg Spironolactone to 50mg Bicalutamide, it feels like my sex drive has only marginally increased. I think about it more often than before the switch but I can still easily ignore it.
>>
This might be a long shot... but are any chinese-speaking people here able to point me to some chinese resources about gender dysphoria? I'm trying to come out to my parents but I don't speak Chinese well enough, and it'd be really difficult to explain it in English..
>>
File: 1451420398077.jpg (609 KB, 1000x1412) Image search: [Google]
1451420398077.jpg
609 KB, 1000x1412
Asking again: Has anybody been to Tranz Central Coast? I'm wondering what the experience has been with the people there.
>>
>>6264265
Maybe look at material by taiwanese LGBT organization rather than mainland. Though it will be in traditional chinese, idk if that's a problem.

Like these :
hotline.org.tw
transgender-taiwan.org
gsrat.net

Don't know if useful, can't read it.
>>
I'm nearing 3.5 months on HRT

Does muscle atrophy finally start now?
>>
>>6264785
Typically starts between 3 and 6 months. Have you considered examining the OP resources?
>What will hormones do?
>mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
>>
File: .jpg (216 KB, 1172x722) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
216 KB, 1172x722
Is the disparity really as bad as images like these make it out to be?
>>
>>6264856
Nigger that's an FtM dolled up for the photoshoot for the sole purpose of displaying disparity between himself and a very young woman.
>I’m a 22, almost 23 year old transgender male living in the US. I lived the first 17 years of my life as female, and have spent the last five presenting as male
>>
>>6264856
There are some proven statistical differences between the anatomy of male and female biology. For example, men are statistically larger than women. However, genetics should be considered too. Some women are taller than some men. And some men have unusually large hips compared to women and other males.

The disparity could be quite large, but it could also be not so much. There's no way to be sure, so I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>6264798
Thanks, and yes I have, but I started out quite huge in the muscle department and I wanted to know if it's normal to have only tiny changes in these first three months.
>>
Is progesterone a meme, or is it necessary for proper MTF development?
>>
>>6264856
the girl on the left is 16 and the one on the right is in her 30s
>>
>>6264906
So it's FTM trans who looks like a (poorly passing) MTF trans.

That's like... double trans. FTMTF
>>
File: C7wkdeI.jpg (29 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
C7wkdeI.jpg
29 KB, 498x500
Is Premarin suboptimal in results when compared to other types of E? I know it's bad for me bla bla bla, but I can't get anything else at the moment.
>>
>>6266536
It's an abbreviation of (pre)gnant (mar)e ur(in)e. Take a wild guess.
>>
>>6266554
...no?
>>
>>6266346
More like a crossdressing FtM. Shit gets complicated fast after the first 't'.
>>
File: drunk street.jpg (66 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
drunk street.jpg
66 KB, 500x366
>>6260915
Check the women's section for "nipple covers". These are either silicone inserts worn under your training bra or adhesive things that go over your nipples. Explain that you're shy about your nipples sowing through shirts. You can also try to use medical tape, though be careful as it can stick and you might be allergic to it.

>>6261597
>>6262037
Firstly, all hormones come out in all body fluids so that's normal. As long as you are taking the correct doses it will replenish itself. Don't worry and for the love of god please don't sit in your own body waste. That can case nasty skin conditions and infections.

>>6266265
There are many hormones used for MtF transition. Protesterone is just one of them. It's not a meme, it's just pretty popular.

>>6260247
Therapy depends on your providers. Good prodivers make you feel better and help you mentally sort things out. Bad ones are frustrating and can make everything worse. Don't be scared to walk away from a bad provider.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.