[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans GF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: winneh.jpg (73 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
winneh.jpg
73 KB, 500x400
Hey /lgbt/,

My girlfriend is trans and is currently not receiving hormones or scheduled to. She is a British citizen and intends to go to England to study as well as do her transition.

England is known for having retarded wait times for trans patients however and apparently many people opt to go through a private clinic for their treatment. She doesn't have access to many resources so what I'm wondering is how much do private clinics usually cost?

Also, I live in Canada and apparently the healthcare here for trans people is better than it is in Britain. Being a British citizen, are there any perks of privileges that come with that that would possibly enable her to come live here and study while keeping costs to a minimum? I've done some research but couldn't find much in the way of what I was looking for.

She just desperately wants to start her transition as soon as possible while being able to go to school to get on with her life.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>6231844
>my girlfriend is trans
>""""""""""girlfriend""""""""""
>>
>>6231852
she could be ftm?
>>
>>6231890
No she's mtf.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
How long have you been dating? Is it over the internet/long distance? How did you meet?
>>
>>6231956
Met online through a video game and it is a distance relationship. We haven't met in person. I know relationships like that usually don't last, but I'm still worried about her regardless of if we stay together or not.
>>
the private clinic i go to costs about £240 per hour iirc and as far as I'm aware that's a fairly low rate, others may be more expensive
she'd expect to have 2 or 3 hour long appointments before starting HRT as well, but private clinics tend to have pretty open schedules so she could have an appointment within weeks and be on HRT in a couple of months if all goes well
>>
>>6231974
What would you estimate the total costs at? How much does it cost for the treatment itself? She can wait for the surgery, it's the hormones that she needs right now.

Are wait times for HRT high as well? I could only find information on first referrals and SRS itself.
>>
>>6231970
Ok thats fair for you to be worried, but WHATEVER you do, do not do something stupid like getting engaged/married to bring her over to canada for healthcare etc.

I'm English, the system isnt as bad as people make out. It can take a while but the person has to be proactive about making it happen. She needs to sort this out for herself basically.

You say she plans to go to England, so where is she now?
>>
>>6231998
Qatar. She lives with her father but plans on going back there this month or next month. She just came out to her dad two days ago while I was over skype with her actually and he accepted her. She didn't specifically say she was trans though, just that she doesn't find women attractive at all.
>>
>>6231989
I'm on zoladex as my AA which is quite expensive but if she takes cheaper alternatives then hormones themselves are pretty cheap, probably about £1 per day overall

at an nhs clinic it would probably be more than a year after your first appointment before HRT, based on my experience with Charing Cross at least- you need two opinions before they'll prescribe anything, and naturally waiting times are long even for follow-up appointments, though other clinics that chx might be different
at a private clinic i waited about 3 weeks for my first appointment (would have been much sooner but the doctor was on holiday for 2 weeks), then around 2 months in total before my first hormone prescriptions
>>
>>6232071
Ah okay, thank you for that then. Is there any difference between hormones based on cost? Also, once you get your referral, can your medication be covered by insurance or do you have to go through a public clinic for that?
>>
>>6232112
zoladex has less sode effects and is 0 effort (just an injection every 3 months), others like spiro and cypro are pills you take every day with some side effects

to get private care covered by the NHS is complicated and im afraid i dont know how to do that, she would have to speak to her local GP when she moves here
>>
>>6232379
What are some of the side effects of feminine hormones? They usually pair male hormone side effects together with the female ones and I already know what side effects from androgens are because of my experience and knowledge of steroids so it makes determining the side effects for the female hormones are a little difficult. Like is hair loss and acne common like it is for androgens?
>>
>>6231844
Try informed consent in the states or some other country who's healthcare isn't some failing soviet relic like the NHS
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.