[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you come out as bi? I think I just admitted to myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 1453164088777.png (795 KB, 660x1020) Image search: [Google]
1453164088777.png
795 KB, 660x1020
How do you come out as bi? I think I just admitted to myself I'm bi.
>>
>>6226363
attention seeking faggot detected
>>
Well I was out as gay so the faggot part isn't new I guess.
>>
>>6226363
Go hug a dude and hold on a little longer than normal.
>>
eh, I've been in the bi closet for years. Never felt the need to tell anyone tbqh,..
>>
>>6226946

I dunno, it's sort of a practice what you preach thing for me, you know? I think visibility is a good thing and I got around actually using the label bi by calling myself "queer" for a few years but I always kinda knew that was bogus in the back of my head. Bi representation is pretty much nonexistent.
>>
No one takes bisexuals seriously. I just call myself gay but also sleep with women. It works pretty well.
>>
>>6226972

I've been dating a girl for like two years and now I'm just scared people are gonna think I'm straight if I say I'm into guys. Goddamnit ._.
>>
>>6226363
You really don't have to "come out" to friends or family if you don't want to, you should just be upfront about it if a friend asks

But if you're talking about coming out as bi in a relationship, it's pretty much a whole other thing as you simply have to be upfront with your SO about it
>>
>>6226983

I mean, my girlfriend knows I think so that's not even a thing really. I dunno about family but friends yeah I'd like it to be known, I mostly hang out with queer kids so it's not a matter of acceptance there, just being understood and visible. Like I can't even think of any bi people I know off the top of my head versus the dozens of gay/lesbian people and handful of trans kids. I don't think that's a good thing.
>>
>>6226972
Yeah, if you come out as bi in a liberal area people are just like "oh... huh." You may as well tell them that you have a thing for short people.

A lot of girls are still grossed out by bi guys though even if they won't admit it. You're better off just not telling anyone desu.
>>
>>6227002

I'm a trans woman so uh yeah queerphobes are kind of out of the question by default
>>
>>6226363
OHHHH SHIT NIGGA THAT IS SKY DINOSAURIAN SQUARE
JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On topic why do people seem to have trouble admitting their sexuality to themselves?
I mean I get lying to others, but why lie to yourself?
>>
>>6227002
I'm honestly curious why people think it's acceptable for bisexuals not to be upfront to their SO and be loyal and truthful

It's obviously assumed by all straights that their partner is also straight unless they say anything about it

Sure, they may dump you for it but honestly why should you be in a relationship with them anyway if they can't see past that part of you when you still only currently love them?
>>
Why do you feel the need to come out? It's like announcing to the world that you like eating chicken for dinner sometimes.
>>
>>6227085
because gays are faggots and pussies and less than men and try to fuck everythign that walks and carry aids and suck dick
oh wait, i am one now.
>>
>>6227112
facebook was built just for that and lots fo people feel the need to use that
>>
>>6227117
qUE???/?
>>
>>6227126
just what happens in my dafty head.
>>
>>6227112

Can we get over the edgy meme of sexuality not mattering yet? Because I'm pretty sure it was straight people who decided that and I don't really get a say as to whether my sexuality is a deal or not.
>>
>>6227135
are you actually a self loathing fag or is this just bait?
>>
>>6227151
the former
lots and lots of self loathing.
Its a secret i keep from everybody. My attraction to men i mean.
Grew up with a father telling me those things about gays literally every fucking day
some 'poof' doing this or that, someone with a 'faggot' walk so on so forth
>>
Have you considered that unless you break up with your girlfriend and the next person you date happens to be male that it doesn't really fucking matter anyway? To you or anyone else?

Seriously. The "identity" part of "sexual identity" gets way too much attention.
>>
>>6227161
You just need to learn to accept yourself for who you are and grow thicker skin to grow out of your pathetic inferiority complex and not give a fuck about what people think about a predisposition you most likely had no control over.

What you are talking about all gays is utter nonsense, while some of us are flaming faggots, you must remember we are not all like that and while you can't choose what makes your dick get hard, you can most certainly choose wether to act like a flaming faggot or living an unhealthy promiscuous lifestyle which some gays adopt.
>>
>>6227142
I dunno, maybe if you live somewhere that makes a big deal about it. Around where I live being gay (much less bi) is pretty run of the mill normal stuff. Only people who make a big deal about it are the minority of serious bible thumpers and straight "allies" that love having that token gay friend to talk about.
>>
>>6227205
I definitely know it in my rational mind, its just like a controlling voice in the back of my fucking head. It's been there for years and I don't think i can talk it away at this point.

Its entirely unreal and all contained in my head but it doesnt make it at all easier to defy it.
>>
>>6227102
>why people think it's acceptable for bisexuals not to be upfront

What's so bad about not being upfront about this? Surely your partner doesn't know every fact about you?

Do I have to be upfront about all my political and philosophical beliefs, for example? How early in the relationship do I have to tell her that I think biological disparities in racial IQ might exist and that free will is an illusion? Do I have to tell her about every sexual fetish I have? Do I have to be upfront about how I enjoy piss, hypnosis, femdom, and diapers? No? Then why do I have to be upfront about how I also like hairy man ass?

It's natural to hide things even from your SO until a certain level of trust has been achieved. The only reason you might think that bisexuality should be treated differently is if you think bisexuality is particularly likely to complicate the relationship, which is precisely one of the harmful stereotypes that you seem to want to help combat.
>>
>>6227301
so, anyone play along with the piss, hypnosis, femdom and diaper thing yet?
>>
>>6227242
Rationality is basing on facts or reason, and the fact is you had no control over your sexual orientation and it is most likely a predisposition.

Homosexual relationships are typically between two consenting adults, therefore done responsibly with tests and precautions cause no harm and don't lead to HIV other diseases.

What is holding you back from realising that there really isn't anything too bad in that?
Sure, straights find it disgusting but in the end it's what makes you happy...
>>
File: KC Green.jpg (7 KB, 148x200) Image search: [Google]
KC Green.jpg
7 KB, 148x200
>>6227319

OP here, I like hypnosis...
>>
>>6227325
What should i do?
I'm genuinely terrified
>>
>>6227301
Unequal equations to bisexuality.
I'm bi myself, I simply feel it's something unacceptable to hide in an honest and trustful relationship regardless of what the partner could think about it...

I would rather not spend any more time with a person if they would have dumped me if they knew I'm bi anyway if they fail to realise I only want to be with them and only them currently in a relationship.
>>
>>6226363
You don't come out as bi. Not until you have a boyfriend. Then you come out as bi and everyone assumes you're just gay, until you get a GF again, then they all assume you're straight, until you get a bf again... so on and so forth, it's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>6227350
Give yourself time, you will grow more accustomed to it. Just relax and try not to think about it, but enjoy what your body naturally wants to enjoy. Enjoy boys, and try not to think too hard about it. Maybe find yourself a guy IRL to mess around with and BF and all that, that really helped me get over my self-loathing, because it was really nice to be in love and I couldn't see it as a bad thing anymore.
>>
>>6227319
Um. A girl sat on my face. ... Once.

I'm an autist.
>>
>>6227350
You're being a bit unclear, is it just a hatred of homosexuality internalised and you think that this is "rational"?

It sounds like you've been struggling for quite a while man, you should perhaps see a therapist
>>
>>6227359
You're certainly entitled to feel that way. I don't see why everyone has to feel that way though.
>>
>>6227391
Well yeah, I just feel it's wrong to not be upfront with a woman who trusts you that much which may have been destructive keeping it a secret to yourself but whatever man.

I understand the risk of some girls making it a dealbreaker but fuck em, call the ones who don't crazy all you want but atleast they can realise that they are the only person I truly love and want to be with at the time exclusively.
>>
>>6227385
what i mean is, i know its entirely normal to seek whom you love and its entirely okay to be gay
but theres still this voice in my head that berates me for doing that. to a point where i cant take any comfort in it like a normal person would and i hate myself pretty bad for it

yeah i dont know im seeing someone about other stuff but im scared to bring this up
>>
>>6227378
id love that
>>
>>6227778
See a therapist man, they could help you out
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.