[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A trans gender male-to-female person needs to learn how to walk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1448495660643.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1448495660643.gif
36 KB, 720x720
A trans gender male-to-female person needs to learn how to walk like a girl.

A trans gender male-to-female person needs to learn how to talk like a girl.

A trans gender male-to-female person needs to learn how to act like a girl.

But this trans gender person claims, "I have a girl's brain. I think like a girl."

I don't understand this.

If these male characteristics were learned due to "conditioning" by society, why does a gay person start showing signs of opposite sex characteristics by age 3? Conditioning has no effect on him/her, and he/she "learns" how to walk, talk, and act by instinct, not by being told how to.

I'm for equal treatment and everyone having rights for basic human needs and stuff, but the concept of being "trans gender" still doesn't make sense to me.

Please don't bully me. I mean no offense. I am only trying to learn.
>>
>>6226157
do you think cis girls instinctively know how to walk/talk/act "like a girl" too.
>>
>>6226188
yes, they are definitely different then us boys
>>
>>6226157
Real trans girls don't need to learn new socialization, its only the hons and other men that need to actually try to change theirs.
a lot of (true) trans girls will often try to force themselves to act masculine while growing up in an effort to blend in but it's only a mask.
I never tried to seem masculine while growing up, I was made fun of for walking "like a girl", being small and not having a physical nature like boys do, among other things.

People learn how to act based on others around them that they relate with, that's why some gay children adopt characteristics of either gender. It's possible for children to be forced into a specific socialization, but for people like me that socialization never connected with how I thought and acted; instead how females acted was more relatable to me, so I adopted female-like mannerisms.
>>
My dad made fun of me for not walking manly enough when I was little.
>>
>>6226207
You'd be surprised.

>told I'm too heavy footed, advised to walk more heel-toe
>told "ladies don't swear"
>told to sit with knees together (also showed proper form of knees together, ankles crossed under chair)
>often sarcastically told I'm "such a lady"
>generally chided for things my brother gets away with (like not covering a yawn and wiping my nose on my sleeve)
>speak in higher pitch because I used to get told my tone was unfriendly
>>
>>6226157
>learn to walk like a girl
nope. we often get made fun of for walking like girls prior to transition and often have to learn to imitate the boys so we dont get picked on as much

>learn to talk like a girl
idk if you know this, but a testosterone fuelled puberty makes your voice naturally deeper... so yeah... you have to train that shit

>learn to act like a girl
nope. again we do that prior to transition. we need to learn make up and stuff if we haven't already, but cis-girls aren't born with make up knowledge, they learn it just like we do

ive never really understood when trans girls tell other trans girls to practice their mannerisms or whatever though... idk if maybe they've just repressed so hard and tried to 'fix' their behaviour for so long that being girly is now second nature to them or what... i definitely started 'acting' girlier after i came out but i didn't feel i was learning or practicing anything... its more that i was allowing myself to be rather than trying not to be.

just remember that prior to transition our femininity gets us ridiculed, bullied, and even assaulted. i guess its not surprising some trans people have put so much effort into hiding their femininity that it doesn't come naturally to them anymore
>>
>>6226698
isn't the way people walk defined by their hips? so it wouldn't make sense that they naturally walk like women prior to transitioning?
>>
File: Gender identity.jpg (270 KB, 1372x900) Image search: [Google]
Gender identity.jpg
270 KB, 1372x900
Biological sex is a reality, gender roles are a social construct, be who you are (the brain).
>>
>>6226157
Are you really saying you think babies and toddlers don't pick up and learn from social cues given by their family and surrounding society? You think they just magically learn it all?
>>
>>6226157
It really depends on the experience the person went through. Some repress it harder than others to fit in, some (like me) act non-masculine in a beta way, not so much to act more like a girl, but something like lack of confidence, or not showing typical male characteristics. Others are more open about it, acting like a girl, hanging out with girls, etc. It depends a lot on personality, family, and of course the degree of your gender dysphoria.

I always used to get bullied in middle school for being beta, but at the time I didn't realize I had gender dysphoria, I just hated the changes I was going through and that and other things led to not having any confidence or acting like a guy.

You have to realize that for a lot of people, acting out of their gender role is actually pretty scary, even moreso due to puberty and continuing getting masculine. When your voice starts getting deeper, it's not that the person doesn't want to talk like a girl, it just sounds disgusting/awkward to do so with a guy's voice. There are people like that who find it hard to act out of the social norms, but yeah at the same time there are people who don't care.

Also for me anyway, my voice changing scared me a lot, so without really thinking about it I had always tried to talk as high as possible as I went through puberty, so I guess that's why now I have a lighter and softer voice than most.
>>
post so sexist

ur assuming all girls are super fem, walk the same, talk the same... etc..

fuck ur dumb. yeah i know this was b8, o well
>>
File: 1463597060147.png (31 KB, 247x489) Image search: [Google]
1463597060147.png
31 KB, 247x489
>>6226157
Well that's easy anon, trannies aren't a real thing :^)
>>
>>6226188

Yes, to a certain degree.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-mens-brains-are-wired-differently-than-women/
>>
>>6226253

How do you know the person in my example isn't trans?
>>
>>6226338

That makes me sad.
>>
>>6226444

That seems unfair to me.
>>
>>6226698
>nope. we often get made fun of for walking like girls prior to transition and often have to learn to imitate the boys so we dont get picked on as much

Who were you referring to when you said "we"?

> idk if you know this, but a testosterone fuelled puberty makes your voice naturally deeper... so yeah... you have to train that shit

I don't think I do. My voice is clear enough that people around me can usually understand what I'm trying to tell them, but I could probably still learn how to speak in a better way.

>nope. again we do that prior to transition. we need to learn make up and stuff if we haven't already, but cis-girls aren't born with make up knowledge, they learn it just like we do

Who were you referring to when you said "we"?
>>
>>6228061

That's interesting.

>>6228098

No.
>>
>>6228463

He also turned to me in the car one day and told me I had girly eyelashes out of the blue. I think he always knew on some level but that didn't stop him from disowning me when I came out to him.
>>
>>6228229
> It really depends on the experience the person went through. Some repress it harder than others to fit in, some (like me) act non-masculine in a beta way, not so much to act more like a girl, but something like lack of confidence, or not showing typical male characteristics. Others are more open about it, acting like a girl, hanging out with girls, etc. It depends a lot on personality, family, and of course the degree of your gender dysphoria.

How do you know that?
>>
>>6228239
>ur assuming all girls are super fem, walk the same, talk the same... etc..

I'm not.
>>
>>6228586

I feel sad from that happening to you.
>>
>>6228017
yes, it is
>>
Don't think too much about it, it's a delusion made by sad people afflicted with a painful mental illness so they can feel better
>>
>>6228477
Did to me, too. Not all of these things were sincere critiques but when you're young with shitty self esteem, it's messes with you.

Though I'm probably FTM after all so I'm not sure what that says.
>>
>>6226338
This. For the way I walked, moved, acted; for the friends I kept (almost entirely girls); for the hobbies I had (cosplay, sewing, drawing); for the things I enjoyed (stuffed animals and 'girly' shows).

'Why don't you like sports anon? ... Don't walk that way ... Stop playing with your sisters' toys; here's a baseball ... Stop moving that way you look like a girl ... Why are none of your friends boys? ...'

I had to 'relearn' everything because I was drilled really hard on acting naturally growing up. After I started taking hormones, I tried unlearning everything I had forced myself into... and the comments started anew until I came out as trans. I still don't think I've unlearnt all the behaviour forced down my throat.
>>
>>6230483
The actual experts who decide what is delusion say it isn't but I'm sure your feels are the REAL science.
>>
>>6226157
The way people walk and sit has to do with their body shape, not their brain
tall, gangly girls with broad shoulders and narrow hips, walk like men
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.