[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have any experience getting scholarships for college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: scholarship[1].jpg (36 KB, 381x268) Image search: [Google]
scholarship[1].jpg
36 KB, 381x268
Anyone here have any experience getting scholarships for college for being /lgbt/? I've found a few, but they all require "activities" in the "LGBT community" and I'm far enough in the closet all can do is say I support it.
>>
How the hell would you get a scholarship for being LGBT? Please explaine
>>
>>6215238
>they all require "activities" in the "LGBT community"
gay sex?
>>
>>6215240
You just google "scholarships for homosexuals/lesbians" and they come up. My issue is that they all require activism and I haven't done a thing. I'd like to write an essay or something.
>>
>>6215333
They require activism for the very reason that straight people can apply for it. They're not really "for" lgbt people, they're for anyone that has helped lgbt people.
You could always apply and just hope nobody else does though haha
>>
I know my friend got one in hs back in texas for 5 grand and the requirement was some vague "write about being gay" stuff. But we're also dirty brown people and he came from a super religious family so he said he won just for all that pity. Plus a lot of people don't apply for small (<10 grand) scholarships so there's not as much competition or requirements for those.

You could try smudging it a bit. Say you did theater club and that was the gayest club in your school. Or maybe you broke barriers in your community/high school by being the only gay kid on your basketball/football/sport team. Or fuck it if you're a junior right now build up an lgbt club in your high school right now.
>>
>>6215240
A lot of colleges/universities give out pity scholarships.... for instance.. you can get a scholarship purely for being black... or Mexican or Chinese or native American or pretty much anything other than white...
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.