[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until we have a better way to sculpt bodies than hormones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Erdogan.jpg (153 KB, 2499x2005) Image search: [Google]
Erdogan.jpg
153 KB, 2499x2005
How long until we have a better way to sculpt bodies than hormones and some light plastic surgery? While effective for some it won't be enough for me. Given the advances in bionic prosthetics I imagine that going cyborg might be feasible in a decade or two but that's not exactly the same. Plus it is bound to cost a ridiculous amount of cash. That one arm prosthetic I read about cost 200k by itself. Any other options?

Please keep this thread grounded in what might be possible according to current science rather than far off hypothetical scenarios like nanite reconstruction.
>>
fully immersive VR - ie VR coupled with brain-computer interfacing technology- is the strongest bet, imo.

5 to 10 years range for that, probably.

>let's leave our physical bodies behind us senpai
>>
>>6212467
No way friend. I'm a programmer by day and I know that this tech is ages away. If we can do full VR then we can do full brain-to-cyborg transplants, which we can't as of yet.
>>
why did > f a m
change into >senpai
i don't get it, whatev
>>
>>6212477
well pal, i'm a programmer too so.
I mean I know it's not behind the corner or anything, but it seems to me that finding a way to map input and output from a brain to a chip is way less messy to deal with than to connect a biological brain to a robot. That's all i'm saying.
>>
>>6212482
The mootreplacement filters f a m into senpai and t b h to desu
>>
>>6212517
Haha sorry for pulling rank then. It just seems really far away! I know we have mentally operated prosthetics but mapping every human sensation is not an easy task.
>>
>>6212592
Sure yeah, but recently there's been a lot of research going into both VR, with all the new headsets and so on, and basic neuroscience, like with the human brain project and stuff like that.
Maybe if there's a big commercial boom with VR in the videogame industry this year things could accelarate a bit with that kind of research, who knows.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 300x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 300x390
>being so desperate to be a cute anime girl youll believe full immersion vr is a possibilty with current technology
>>
honestly I'd rather not. All transgender people are transhumanist to some extent but at least the hormones we take are real human hormones that other people have. it makes transition feel way more natural
>>
>>6218460
Son don't you want to go full cyberpunk?
>>
>>6224040
stay out of this hanzer
>>
>>6212467
You'll still need to eat and shit and work to earn money. Every time you take off your VR set you'll be hit with the reality of your scapegoat, sitting their in your cum stained underwear, in a dank, filthy room littered with instant meal boxes, the light flickering on and off as water drips through the ceiling.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.