[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being transgender doesn't make any sense. No one is "born
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: 1463450480237-271698139.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1463450480237-271698139.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Being transgender doesn't make any sense. No one is "born into the wrong body". The fact that this shit is becoming acceptable today dumbfounds me.
>>
>>6208394
Totally agree
>>
>>6208394
Its inconceivable to you that a brain could develop with a neurology that makes it expect a female body, but ends up in a male body due to a defect?
>>
Being masculine made me want to kill myself.
Maybe it's a mental illness, whatever.
Just do it™.
>>
>>
File: 1397115462004.jpg (65 KB, 400x680) Image search: [Google]
1397115462004.jpg
65 KB, 400x680
>>6208425
not OP, but that doesn't make them women. It just makes them a head case.
>>
>>6208425
That's called a mental disorder. It is not something that should be normalized and force fed into society.
>>
>>6208456
Nobody is forcing you to transition. Consenting adults should be allowed to fuck up their bodies if it makes them happy, close your eyes and plug your eyes if it triggers you.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 450x300
>>6208394
Support Repression General today.

Creating a better tomorrow.
>>
>>6208511
I do agree that it should be allowed. However, we shouldn't allow them to switch bathrooms etc
>>
>>6208456
I wish it was just a normal thing that society knew about and didn't obsess over so I could transition in peace. Only tumblr asked for some stupid fucking movement.
>>
>>6208535
>However, we shouldn't allow them to switch bathrooms etc
Sorry it upsets you so much but the trend isn't likely to reverse any time soon.
>>
>>
File: Andrej-Pejic_00006.jpg (88 KB, 630x818) Image search: [Google]
Andrej-Pejic_00006.jpg
88 KB, 630x818
>>6208394
>Hating cute boys on moans this much
Plebe
Body customization is as American as apple pie.
>>
>>6208456
Yeah, the condition is called Gender Dysphoria, and the only known treatment is transition. Why do your feelings override the opinions of medical professionals, exactly?
>>
>>6208579
>It sucks but I'm too lazy to fix it
Not with that attitude
>>
File: tranny_bullshit.png (275 KB, 900x668) Image search: [Google]
tranny_bullshit.png
275 KB, 900x668
>>6208592
>>
>>6208601

>Using a tranny to support the femboy movement

You're really not making a good case to support that femboys aren't just trannies.
>>
File: 1423883995978.jpg (67 KB, 542x295) Image search: [Google]
1423883995978.jpg
67 KB, 542x295
>>6208864
http://biologyclermont.info/wwwroot/courses/oldlab2/old%20m2%20geneprob.htm

>Sex (It’s a Phenotype, Not a Chromosome!):

And way to prove you couldn't pass a first year genetics course. Chromosmes are miotic structures only, just around for cell division and no other purpose.

You're welcome for the charity.
>>
>>6208877
So long as you talk like a guy, act like a guy, say you're a guy and dress like a guy, you aren't trans.

Just a twink that embraced body mod.
>>
>>6208535

I don't see why this is a big deal that needs laws. Trans people don't cause any trouble, and shops/ restaurants can spot psuedo-trans creeps for themselves. Just needs a little common sense.
>>
>>6208394

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=transsexualism+causes
>>
>>6208394
> No one is "born into the wrong body"

This particular phrase was created, I believe, to help ignorant cisgender people understand how transgender people feel. I don't believe that many of us trans people believe that we were 'born in the wrong body' so much as we feel 'our genders and our bodies don't match.'
>>
>>6208827
That's not what I said at all, the point is I'm sorry you're so triggered but it's not going to change the direction things are trending in medicine or law.

You want it changed so bad you go "fix" it instead of thinking others are lazy for not fighting for your upset feels for you.
>>
>>6209106
This.

In most cases, it's the brain having developed masculized/feminized opposite of the rest of the body to the point that it causes a disconnect. But it takes too long to explain to many people, so a lot of trans people picked the easy phrase instead. But, of course, that ended up creating more misinformation. As well as with the Tumblrtards taking that simplified idea and running with it to ruin and fucking it up for the rest of the trans population.

Only the delusional and ideology-blinded refuse to admit they are genetically what they are. Most trans people know for a fact that they can't change that. Transitioning is just one way to cope with the disconnect. Whether or not it's the best way is still up for debate, but that's another story. It's all about individual choice at this point in time.

In my opinion, gender dysphoria is a mental disorder, but in the sense that it's a mix-match as the brain developed, not "I'm a walrus, David Bowie lives in my shoe"-tier delusion. Though for some it easily could be, to be honest. All groups have their crazies, and trans is obviously no exception.
>>
All the self-righteous fucknuts who think they're experts on biology because they had a life science course in 9th grade annoy me *way* more than literally every openly transgender person I've met.
>>
It's doesn't matter. Like, maybe you're right; that's being transgender doesn't make sense, but that doesn't matter. It's their bodies. Their gender identity doesn't hurt you or anyone in anyway.
>>
>>6208922

Considering cis bouncers can't distinguish a cis lesbian from a man, I really don't think they can spot fake tranny creeps.

>>6209106

Even as a tranny, I felt that most fucks meant that literally. I'm still not sure they don't. At the very least I think the older transitioners try to get you to seriously believe it, but I don't think even they would find it convincing upon examination.
>>
>>6208394

Yup. We should treat it as a mental illness and try to cure through some medical treatment that can cure it, instead of encouraging people to hack off their body parts and let them play pretend.
>>
Ignore it. Nobody asks you to discuss it.
>>
File: FAQ.png (101 KB, 976x1228) Image search: [Google]
FAQ.png
101 KB, 976x1228
>I don't understand something
>Therefore it doesn't make sense

The fact that this shit is becoming acceptable today dumbfounds me.
>>
>>6209725
Do you realize this picture is a pure claim without any evidences, sources or even coherent argument?
>>
>>6208881
>Chromosmes are miotic structures only, just around for cell division and no other purpose.
You also
>couldn't pass a first year genetics course.

Chromosomes are the instructions for making proteins among other things. In the end, they help set how the body and brain develop. Sadly this system is not perfect, and even the target sex of the developing fetus may change anytime as it develops. This is how we get intersex, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transmen, transwomen, and gender non-binaries.
>>
>>6209762
Uh, that's genes, not the chromosomes which are just condensed chromatin and histone crap.

Seriously, this is classic genetics, they're genome assortment structures. You aren't transcribing shit from them.
>>
>>6209738
Everything in that image is verifiable with a simple google search.
>>
>>6209839
Everything in that image can be proven wrong with a simple Google search. Would you care back up the idiocies you spout out of nowhere instead of condescendingly tell me to go through billions of contradictory results?
>>
File: 1446239292715.jpg (338 KB, 1369x1183) Image search: [Google]
1446239292715.jpg
338 KB, 1369x1183
>>6209855
Nope
>>
>>6209865
Since you highest authoritative figure is Google I assume you don't know what you're talking about. Done.
>>
>>6209871
Okay.
You seem a little upset tho
>>
>>6209879
Indeed, that's the effect patronization has on me.
>>
>>6209889
Okay. I mean if you're serious about this, I'm telling you right now that anything that "proves wrong" what is claimed by the image is poorly collected data that does not reflect the medical community, the feelings and lived experience of the trans people on this board, or reality itself.

I'll add some sources to that image later to avoid interactions like this but again, it's really not needed. The information is out there.
>>
>>6209911
I don't mean to patronize you, but on a board where people make a hobby of angering people with bullshit arguments and wasting their time with gish galloping and other shit like that, you could understand how that would be my gut reaction.
>>
>>6209152
>you go "fix" it
I am. I am a staunch supporter of cis rights. My point is "but this is the way things are happening" isn't an excuse to sit on your ass and do nothing. Morons anti-vaxxers piss me off too, but I'm not just gonna sit on my ass and say "well since that's trending, there's not much I can do about it..."
>>
>>6209725
>You would
Shouldn't I be the judge of that?

>David Reimer
The dude who got molested by his therapist as a kid?
>>
>>6209911
Could you please provide them now?
>>
I by no means am against getting changed but I dont personally think we should allow the washroom rule until you are completely done trans... I dont think I as a male should be allowed to say I AM A FEMALE and go into their washroom legal. Now I do believe transpeople have a mental disorder and we shouldn't pamper towards it we should help find a cure for it like cancer and down syndrome. We don't need to accept it and say its normal we need to fix it cure it and prevent it.
>>
>>6209926
You're no different from anti-vaxxers, denying science because it offends your feels.
>>
File: FAQ.png (187 KB, 1048x2208) Image search: [Google]
FAQ.png
187 KB, 1048x2208
You've inspired me.
Updated image with sources and the answers to 2 more common questions.
>>
>>6209926
>I am a staunch supporter of cis rights
kek
>>
>>6210036
and someone else who fails to understand what "social construct" actually means.
>>
>>6210063
I know what a social onstruct is, but the answer I posted is a quicker and easier and more or less correct answer to this retarded question that /pol/tards posit to us every single day.
>>
>>6210036
>http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713
The link sent me on a login page. Could you provide the article?
>>
>>6210129
>http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713
Guess it expired or something
http://www.jctejournal.com/article/S2214-6237(15)00049-6/abstract
Updated and here's a fresh link.
>>
>>6210001
Well in the meantime if trans women are getting attacked in bathrooms, shouldn't they be allowed to use the women's instead?

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/15/477954537/when-a-transgender-person-uses-a-public-bathroom-who-is-at-risk
>>
Why is everyone so freaked out about bathrooms? Seriously what's the difference? I'm ftm but i used the guys wash at bars and theaters and restaurants and even truck stops....

>>6209497
Its a mental disorder in manifestation the same way you'd be mentally ill if a huge walrus face grew randomly between your legs. It's just wrong (ftm here)
>>
>>6208535
I think it should stay the way it was before, where hons can get kicked out by store owners and passing trans people can come and go as they please.
In the meantime we should look into gender-neutral bathrooms, they work just fine elsewhere.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.