[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me the difficulties of being straight. Because they have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
>>
>>6201749
You get unceremoniously mocked by tumblr-tards every once in a while.

You feel bad at first, but then you remember you're not them.
>>
>>6201749
You have to deal with women logic constantly.
>>
File: 1460839839181.jpg (15 KB, 300x323) Image search: [Google]
1460839839181.jpg
15 KB, 300x323
An unconfident straight male who misses the critical building stones of his teenage years will be permanently fucked development wise. From that point the doubt, shame, and depression only becomes compounded in a snowball effect as his introspection brings him to this realization.

But maybe this is just a male thing, or something that supercedes gender and sexuality all together.
>>
I'll be completely honest and say it is not the same struggles at all that LGBT community goes through and I know you're being cheeky but:

You have expectations placed upon you by family and society that you must fulfill or be considered a failure. When an LGBT person performs one of the myriad expectations of a cis-person they are praised as "brave" and "progressive". This is also amplified if you are an ethnic minority.

A cis-person is always part of the problem. Your insight, help, and opinions are unwanted regarding anything associated with LGBT life despite the LGBT communitie's desire to have the same "normal" life of a cishetero.

You are expected to tolerate and accept not only changes to your community but actively facilitate and confirm certain behaviors or be ostracized as bigoted and a pariah. This is regardless as to your reasoning or inability to do the above.

No one pats you on the back. No one praises your accomplishments. You are expected to give but not receive. You are called the evil of the world by the very same people holding out their hands.

Even if you accomplish everything expected of you and more you are just "not a dissapointment".

You are just the background radiation of the world.
>>
>>6202949
>being normal and not mentally ill is so hard!1!!
>>
>>6202958
The thread asked about the difficulties not whether one was harder or the other.

I'm aware mental illness is a struggle and can be very hard on someone's life. I was just expressing what life is like for Average Joe straight guy.
>>
>>6202949
>some lgbt issues are now getting attention and shit
>this makes you feel like the "background radiation of the world"

damn thankful I stayed up late tonight to see a legit straight guy sharing that insightful shit on 4chans gay board.

I always thought there are some shitty things about being straight. As a couple you're less likely to share similar hobbies and interests because of the whole gender divide shit. Plus you'll never understand the opposite sex body as well as your own. Gay dudes give the best blow jobs. Lesbians are known for best eating out. If you're a straight dude you have to know your girl isn't as sexually pleased as she could be and you aren't getting your dick sucked at optimal levels.

And then if you're straight it's expected you'll have kids but if you're gay the pressure is off. Gay you can focus on other shit and no one will accuse you of being selfish for it. If you do have kids it'll be a planned purposeful thing not some accidental knock up.

Then there's the whole no-homo fear. Can't try a tasty fruity drink. Can't dress up too fashionable. Don't cry at that sad movie. Girls got that same shit. Can't not wear make up or dress in comfy flannel too often or you'll get mistaken for a dyke. And yeah you might be a tough dude that doesn't wanna cry or drink a new fruity shot or wear shorter shorts in the summer but all the same it doesn't matter what you want because you don't have that option. Maybe I don't like the beach and never want to go in my entire life but I'd still find shit annoying if I was told I could never ever go to the beach. I like my options man.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.