[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lgbt/'s opinion of dating sites and apps?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1454212345485.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1454212345485.gif
580 KB, 480x360
Hey, /lgbt/, have you used any gay dating sites or apps? If so, what are your opinions and what do you use them for (as in hook-ups, serious relationships, or just meeting gay guys)?

Bonus points for sites or apps involving older (late 30s to late 50s) guys.

No idea what file to put here so here's an angry moth.
>>
>>6197000
They're pretty bad. I haven't tried any that focus more on dating (even though that's what I want) because it seems more personal and I'm scared of that. Also all dating sites have a majority of men in their late 30's or older, and they all hit on guys between 18-29 primarily because they're obsessed with youth.
... This is from a fag male perspective.
>>
>>6197027
Really? I'm mostly curious about the general opinion on here and partially because I'm a shy guy and don't want to waste the effort or time.
>>
>>6197000
I use] Grommr, Bigger City and Skout.

Yeah. You can guess my interests.

I've made some great friends off of them - and had some amazing connections.

Sure I've had one or two meet up for fun, but for the most part it's just good to meet guys like me.
>>
>>6198887
OP here. Cool! Glad to hear not all of the sites are just hook-ups and such.
>>
File: bearandtwink.jpg (37 KB, 450x525) Image search: [Google]
bearandtwink.jpg
37 KB, 450x525
I've used Plentyoffish, Grommr, Chasabl Biggercity and Growlr.
I met my boyfriend off of Growlr. Plentyoffish is so outdated now. Chasabl and Biggercity userbase is so spread out. Biggercity has people who have been on there for years and are not going anywhere, Chasabl is a ghost town full of attention whores.
Grommr is chub focused unless you have abs and an awesome muscular chest. If you're not gaining or going to their events you're going to be ignored.

The commercials on TV for Match and eHarmony feel like they're in the wrong decade.
>>
>>6199643
Are lots of people actually into bears and chubby guys? I'm miserably shy and pretty chubby and I've always just kind of assumed noone thinks it's attractive. OP again by the way.
>>
>>6199744
Like board games and video games? Most major cities have a Gaymer group and it's a good way to meet others that way. I've never been much of a bar scene guy, but the local gaymer group is a great way into the bear scene.
>>
>>6199810
I don't know if there is one of those around here but maybe. Love board games and video games though. I think the major issue would be how shy I am. I probably come off as weird because I can never get myself to speak much around guys I don't really know. And half the time when I do I stumble over my words or have frequent "uhhh"s. But definitely helpful!
>>
I'm too scared to commit to a dating site. I'm a full time student with a bleh job, who would possibly be interested in what I have to offer?
>>
>>6199823
That's why I suggest a board game meet up, that way you're not trying to seduce a guy, you're playing a game and there's much less pressure on you.
There's a handful of guys at the meets I go to that are pretty socially awkward little teddy bears.
>>
>>6199859
Cool! Though I think my problem would be forcing myself to go to any meet ups. But I don't want to seem too negative.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.