[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong to be a repressing mad scientist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 21
Ok so I am a 24yo average looking guy, and I’ve always wanted to be a girl. Up until now I told myself that it was just a sexual fetish, and that if I worked hard as a guy studying science at university I would one day be able to completely turn m self into a young girl through genetics or cybernetics etc.
BUT after lurking on here and leaning about agp, I did some research and now my brain is fucked.I know I’ve had dysphoria and anxiety since puberty, but now suddenly it’s a shit tone worse. This is the first time I’ve had depression like this, and its impacting my Uni work damn it.
Was I just repressing this whole time and trying to protect myself with eccentric delusions?
Should just stay as a guy and work hard to become a brilliant mad scientist, and risk breaking down when I am over 40 ?
>>
if I worked hard as a guy studying science at university I would one day be able to completely turn m self into a young girl through genetics or cybernetics etc.
>>
>>6185891
Didn’t seem unrealistic at the time.
>>
>>6185878
Yes, you were repressing. Yes, calling it a fetish that should not be overindulged was a repression strategy. Yes, retreating into delusions of grandeur and a magical happy ending were repression strategies.

Talk to your campus clinic ASAP, and you should be able to pull yourself together by fall semester.
>>
>>6186082

I'm scared that if i talk to a psychiatrist i will just lie to them. I've kept this secret my whole life
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>>6185878
>>
>>6185878
You're not alone in some of that.
I don't have the transgender identity issues, but I have psychological problems that have started to grow stronger with me aging.
I'm turning 28 soon, have crippling anxiety and depression... they seem to only magnify themselves as I've aged.
I can't go outside like I used to, I feel lifeless and in a state of simply wanting to kill myself, and despite being able to piece myself back together each time... it gets tiring.
I hope for the best, but it would be good for you to stick with being a guy until things get better for transitioning and stuff.
:) Although, I find a brilliant mad scientist sexy as all hell.
>>
>>6186215
>>6185878
holy shit! you and me both. I had the exact same delusion. Ever since i've been interested in science i thought ill just switch to a girls body. Maybe work together ehhh?
>>
>>6186215
You have to try. Remember, unless you're threatening your own life, or the life/well-being of vulnerable persons, they need to maintain confidentiality. Try to be brave. You've already described the worst-case scenario.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 373x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 373x480
>Inb4 OP becomes madam Margaret and the world becomes a battleground of the sexes and cis males have to go underground or be turned into cis females
>>
>>6186267
>but it would be good for you to stick with being a guy until things get better for transitioning and stuff.
Don't listen to this. Transition won't fix all your problems, but hormones alone substantially improve the quality of life of over 70% of patients prescribed them. Other aspects of transition also carry major benefits to the majority of those who undertake them. There are risks, and it can get really bad sometimes, but it's usually, already, with current technology, in your best interest to pursue what options are available.
>>
>>6186269
So it is not a delusion? This makes me feel relieved.

>>6186279
Seriously, i was planning this one day. Maybe some sort of virus that targets the sry gene

>>6186299
Ok you keep snapping me out of my delusion
>>
>>6186299
Could i transition and still be a mad scientist with the same goals? or will they likely fade away?
>>
When i was 16 i tried learning math, biochemistry and magick (occultism) so that i could mentally target my body's hormones and convert them into estrogen. Good times.
>>
>>6186299
http://planforpersonalsuccess.com/misuse-of-percentages/
http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/aptrcpsych/5/2/126.full.pdf
It won't help with his emotional health. Fucking around with his hormones will aggravate already lingering issues, there may be underlying problems that need addressing.
>>
>>6186327
Reversal of puberty and an synthetic form of estrogen which is more powerful than testosterone would be good
>>
>>6186327
>So it is not a delusion? This makes me feel relieved.
nah. It is man. I've had a breakdown recently after viewing my entire life and finally accepting that there will be no super technology that will get me what i want.
>>6186334
>Could i transition and still be a mad scientist with the same goals? or will they likely fade away?
If your anything like me, I think they would go away. I feel like the reason you want to learn about science is because what it can get you. and being good enough to actually have some form of a scientific breakthrough would require substantial amounts of time and a team who shares your passion. Plus like 12 years of college. I couldn't live my entire life a lie just for a delusion that might not ever happen.
>>
Id say it isnt a delusion. It is possible to come up with something, and if you dont, then someone else will. However you probably need 10 years of education and probably more than 10 in research, and by that time you will be mentally screwed and lived in a lie for over 30 years. Id say transition but keep studying for your cause, maybe for yourself or for others who might be in your situation, 20 years from now.
>>
>>6186375
I like the sound of that, it would make me seem like a hero
>>
>>6185878
I think you should take HRT and transition while still pursuing mad scientist goals, because no one currently is researching transgender medicine other than HRT and plastic surgeries. They have been able to change the chromosomes in mice and we are mammals as well so it might be possible one day we just need a smart scientist who is crazy enough to find a breakthrough. Better than being a sjw martyr anyways imo.
>>
>>6186352
>If your anything like me, I think they would go away.
>and being good enough to actually have some form of a scientific breakthrough would require substantial amounts of time and a team who shares your passion. Plus like 12 years of college.
That's a little disappointing. I'm not OP, but sometimes I have similar feelings of wanting to make it my life goal to be a scientist who makes life easier for trans people somehow. But for me, it's less "I'll be able to make myself a little girl" and more "I'll make it so future generations don't have to suffer as much as I did".
But most of why I don't pursue that is it would be a ton of work for potentially no results, and I feel like if I ever reach a point where I pass perfectly and have a somewhat happy life then my interest in doing the whole scientist thing would fade a lot.
And you just confirmed both of those things, so I guess I was right to be apprehensive about the idea.
>>
>>6186514
even so, i still pursue my retarded dreams nontheless. I think what seperates the normals from the greats are the great people of society aren't afraid of throwing their life away in pursuit of shaping this world into what they believe to be better. Also, I have nothing else to live for really. I kind of want kids, but i wouldn't be much of a good parent. I think that we should use our desperation and emotional pain for that extra push.
>>
>>6185878
Five years ago I was in about the same position as you and it nearly killed me twice
Just saying
>>
>>6185878
>>6186215
Holy shit, me too, I've almost got me a bachelors in science, with a genetics focus. Tell me all your mad science plans.
>>
File: 1412366531063.jpg (409 KB, 805x714) Image search: [Google]
1412366531063.jpg
409 KB, 805x714
>>6186269
>>6186557
>>6185878
>>6186215
Stop. I don't like reading my clones posts on this board.
>>
>>6186538
>I think that we should use our desperation and emotional pain for that extra push.
Perhaps, but my point was that right now, most of my emotional pain comes from feeling like I'm a gross old hon, so if I ever start passing perfectly, then I'd have a lot less to push me toward being a scientist.

>>6186551
>>6186557
Huh, so it looks like this whole dream of becoming a scientist who finds solutions to trans-related problems must be a fairly common thing for trans people to have.
>>
>>6186625
>scientist who finds solutions to trans-related problems
I think it started out a bit more selfish, I mainly wanted to find out what was wrong with myself, at the time the only exposure I had to transpeople were hons.

>>6186577
STEM trannies r best trannies
>>
>>6186577
maybe it's true that trans people have an average iq of 120. Maybe a smart brain knows life as a female feels better
>>
>>6185878
ngl i read that as ... to be repressing mad scientist
>>
>>6185878
My advice: take hormones and go about your life as if nothing is different at all. If they make you pass they make you pass, if they don't then you'll still feel better about yourself, you might even find peace and tranquility in the femboy zone.
>>
>>6186861
not op, but how is a guy lime me soppose to take hormones? I have a deepseeted position at a job, just got to know my father (who is proud to have a son) for the first time in my life, and even my brother has expressed hatred for trans people (commonly saying stuff like "be careful, some of these freaks like to dress like girls"). Everyone i work with have on one time or another made fun of trans people (me with them). It's very unlikely ill leave this place because this is the closest thing to a real family i've ever had. I know they have their suspecions about me being gay or something because i havn't gotten a girlfriend in the two years i've worked there, but telling them something like this while having constantly making sexist jokes in the past would destroy my position and i would probably get fired. The only way i could pull something like this is to save some money up and move. But is just purchased some land and about to get a home for a home. If someone like me acted on these desires, my life would be destroyed.
>>
>>6186906
There are always reasons not to do something...
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 650x488
>>6186906
It's time to get angry anon
>>
>>6185878
I had the same state of mind as you when I was younger. One day I met a guy who treated me as a girl and I realized that was what I wanted more than anything. I transitioned after that and never looked back once, my life has been so much happier since then.
>>
>>6187738
where do you find a guy like that? I've never thought about being with a guy but that sounds nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 540x762) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 540x762
>>6185878
>Be twink with BPD style psychosis
>go to uni cause parents put crazy pressure on achievement
>start Antiandrogens during freshman year cause weird fears about not being able to look cute if you mature into a grown male
>add estrogen to regimen about two years later
> didn't like growing tits but thought it worth the other hormone benefits, skinny as fuck so easy to hide them
>still identify" as guy, absolutely don't want to talk like a girl or dress like one
>classes weirdly enough went well, have no long term plans so jumped into a pharma program after finishing undergrad to appease parents
>meet snarky tall masc blonde guy there, click with him and end up crushing on him... But he's straight and doesn't think of me as anything other than some sort of effeminate younger brother
>would actually consider transitioning if it gave me a shot but know it's probably just the BPD acting up
See anon?

You're practically sane compare to me.
>>
>>6187861
It was on an MMO. I never thought about being with a guy before then either.
>>
I'd say that being trans will only improve your mad scientist appeal. You even changed your body through sheer science and didn't give a fuck about what nature wanted of you.
>>
>>6187875
Tansitioning for a guy is a pretty bad idea, if you were a tranny all along then I guess it would had been a help for you but if you weren't presenting as female is gonna be pretty disphoric after a while.
Still, most femguys with tits at least try to complain about them so we don't instantly recognize them as trans. If you dislike the idea of being a man, have breasts and feel okay with them, feel more comfortable in a body going through female puberty, I'd say you're trans, anon.
>>
>>6187920
>feel more comfortable in a body going through female puberty
please tell me im not the only one that thinks this sound exiting?
>>
>>6188106
well, if it's exiting as in fap material the girls at agpg will welcome you. if it's exiting as in getting your dream job then you're welcome at mtfg
>>
>>6188106

It's exciting to me. It's something I've always desired throughout my life. I'm excited to start my female puberty soon desu.

>>6188140
lolll this kinda
>>
>>6188140
actually the second. But those "people" at the mtfg are all boring and just talk about doses and stuff.
>>
>>6188229
Not really. You have people hooking up with each other, rapists taking the oportunity to abuse girls, drama, psych talk, general beauty recs, day to day stuff. It is a bit too quick, though.
>>
>>6188140
NO NO NO

I had my male puberty and ONE PUBERTY WAS ENOUGH
>>
>>6188312
fuck that. Male puberty ruined my life. Everything it did to me made me 10000% worse. The least of which is the aggression and anger.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 605x883) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 605x883
>>6187920
I might not think of myself as a man but that's just cause in my mind there's a huge gulf between grown sexually mature men and boys. Physically and mentally I'm not the same as those men out there, but that doesn't in the least mean I'm a woman or like them or would want to talk or dress like them. Taking meds was just a way to stay close to what I am, Fem puberty is less trouble than the male thing and at any rate I'm underweight and put much more emphasis on blocking than getting estrogen so I'm not that developed.

I could go all out as far as physically transitioning goes and maybe I'd be okay like that. Especially if it meant being able to be with someone I like, I could even change the way I dress and behave if it meant getting that and maybe if be okay with that if it were for some sort of white picket fence end, but honestly it'd still just be papering over who I am, and I've got BPD so I never had a strong grasp over this stuff...

Really I could see this all turning into s train wreck if I did something with someone who thought I was a legit mtf.
>>
>>6188345
Yeah. But in a person who doesent believe in second chances. Not my myself. Only a hon, would transition post puberty. Especially with my non passing features
>>
>>6186669
You are confusing Trans with Ashkenazi Jews
>>
>>6186669
Last scored 137, and life as a female sucks. What now?
>>
>>6188612
I feel exactly how you do. I wish i would have known all of this 10 years ago. Have you considered ffs?
>>
>>6188854
Nah. Even with that. I'm extremely tall with a mesomorph frame (perfect male somatype)

Have extremely narrow hips, broad and strong shoulders, large back and lats and big biceps and thick quads

Pretty much impossible to be feminine
>>
>>6188809
Internet score or real score?
>>
>>6186651
>STEM trannies r best trannies
STEM trannies are usually agp.
>>
>>6188892
i have a decently fem bod, but my nose is too big for a girls :( But i can't do anything becouse im keeping my fem side secrete. People like us will just have to wait and hope that some form of cloning body transfer technology arrives in our life time.
>>
File: 1455924345081.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1455924345081.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>>6186906
>have their suspecions about me being gay or something because i havn't gotten a girlfriend in the two years
>>
Agp isn't trutrans though.
>>
>>6188809
Transition to male?
>>
>>6186334
Okabe is cooler than Christinia. Try to stay sexy male mad scientist and just be yourself without the hormones?
>>
>>6188809
>>6186669
Mine is only 120 and both my parents and siblings have something like twenty points more than me. The scientists around me are definitely more capable than I am. I'm pretty sure the reason I did well in college was more from favoritism than ability.

Then again I'm the fag with BPD with the Estrofem habit. So maybe I'm not exactly the same thing as you.

Or it could just be cause I spent s good chunk of adolescence under 70 pounds and hospitalized for anorexia. Body abuse could've just made me dumb.
>>6189400
I-I can still be cool, even with the drug habit, right guys?
>>
>>6189650
drug habit? what do you mean??
>>
>>6189663
Estrogen drug habit...

And a handful of actual drugs whenever Mooch those of friends.
>>
File: umarugif2.gif (2 MB, 716x400) Image search: [Google]
umarugif2.gif
2 MB, 716x400
>>6185878
thats a new one, never heard it before but welcome to the fold miss
>>
>>6189400
What if i end up somewhere in between?
>>
File: 1447637580705.jpg (319 KB, 1200x1131) Image search: [Google]
1447637580705.jpg
319 KB, 1200x1131
>>6185878
you're definatly trans. get on hormones ASAP to prevent becoming a hon, then you can relax as you get info changed and plan for FFS and SRS

good news is, transitioning should take your ego down a notch... trust me =^) you'll end up liking yourself in the end
>>
>>6189988
is rhinoplasty all that she got? It looks like so much more was changed. Why would op want to kill themself anyway?
>>
>>6190250
I think she also got eyebrow shaving, maybe something in the jaw too, not really sure.
>>
>>6190263
would it be a bad idea to get ffs but not get on hormones? I feel like i'de get the best of both worlds. But i do want boobs...but then again my hands and feet are man sized....but...
>>
File: 1459056682239.jpg (209 KB, 742x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459056682239.jpg
209 KB, 742x1200
>>6190263
>>6190250
>brow reduction
>mandible
>rhino
>treach shave

>>6190381
>would it be a bad idea to get ffs but not get on hormones?
why would you want to? HRT will actually make you feel like a woman. the first time I took hormones i was never the same again. plus they'll make you look a lot more like a woman. If your worried about kids, you can always cryopreserve semen for IVF.

>But i do want boobs
HRT will make you grow them naturally

>but then again my hands and feet are man sized....but...
hey, unless you transitioned at >14y/o you're gonna have to live with some boy parts. we all do; it's okay. I'm actually out fulltime and I actually pass as a woman now. It's so great!

oh, and heads up; you're probably into men too. I thought I was a straight man, but I'm actually bisexual and trans
>>
>>6191044
I figured out I was bisexual a long time ago. But doing this voice practicing stuff makes me feel ridiculous. Do you have any personal tips? I guess its just about practicing over and over again, but im too woried i sound like a high pitched homo and not a real girl. Also, one last question. What does your internal voice sound like? Did it always sound like a girls? Did it change after hearing yourself speak?
>>
>>6188898
Group mensa test, I'd call that a real score. Got 131 in an individual test with a psych when I was 7.

>>6189230
Transition sucks and I'm still not sure if that'd fix anything, but I'm probably going to since I ran out of alternatives.
>>
>>6185878
AGP is real and you might have it.
>>
>>6188948
oh no, which degree do i switch to to get rid of my AGP
>>
File: 1462536720016.png (278 KB, 432x638) Image search: [Google]
1462536720016.png
278 KB, 432x638
>>6191564
AGP is NOT real.
>>
>>6191858
The mind makes it real.
>>
File: 1458901614498.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1458901614498.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>>6189988

Wow, she went from mega-hon shovel face with a fucked up nose to actually pretty cute.

Who's the wizard who did the surgery?
>>
File: or kill myself.jpg (66 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
or kill myself.jpg
66 KB, 640x359
What do I do?

I just want to crawl back into the safety of my delusions, and live out my little girl fantasies watching slice of life anime.

But then another part of me wants to change, and be able to accept reality.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1024x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1024x523
>>6192247
Repression has it's benefits in a transphobic country.
>>
>>6192370
Is Australia a country?
>>
I feel like the term 'delusion' is a little strong.
I mean, technological progress has been happening for a long time, and it's not going to stop. So, yeah, that might make things easier for trans people, with stuff like:
-VR / AR
-brain computer interfaces & prosthetics/robotics
-tissue engineering & biotech in general
-nanotech
and blablabla...
I mean, yeah, those things would make a lot of difference but, at the same time, you have to be realistic about it. Like, even if you're a genius and work at it a lot, there's not really much you can do by yourself. Science is a collective enterprise. It takes a lot of effort by a lot of people, i mean.. it's hard.
So, i don't think you can count on it, at least not for the 'mad scientist ' route.
Maybe a better way would be to become a millionare and fund specific research with the money. But again, that's not easy to do either.
So, imo, you should just try to find a way to enjoy your life regardless of all this singularity shit, so that even if it doesnt happen you won't have wasted your time here.. And if it does, great.
But yeah, don't count on it. Don't make it the fulcrum of your whole life.

btw, where are you from?
>>
>>6187875
Every time i read about BPD i get scared that i just have that... Throughout puberty wanting to be the gril and not varied so wildly year by year, and then at 18 it just crashed, major depression, fully believed i was trans, wanted to kill myself, started hormones, and now im... Relatively okay. I just dont want to look back in a year or two and have tits and broken dick and regret it. Too late now i guess. 9 months hrt
>>
File: steins58.jpg (43 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
steins58.jpg
43 KB, 853x480
>>6192247
you and me both. After giving this alot of though during the past 24 hours, i've decided to not go through with it. Even if your good looking, and even if you get your perfect voice down after months of practice, and even if you get a artificial pussy, and even if your accepted by your family and friends...You'll still never have a womb. You'll just have a fake vag and every guy will always be able to tell. You will viewed as a guy by the girls and some sort of fag by the guys. I think people like us should either wait for the technology to arrive to be able to live in a body we like, or start the research ourselves. It's just not enough to be a pseudo chimera girl, i want the real thing. and i know its hard to continue living like a guy, but I have a plan. I like to think about the billions of people that came before us and had to live out their lives in ways they didn't want. Were just another stepping stone. No body lives forever anyways.
>>
>>6192859
I don't think you will regret it. Every person i know that has any sort of successful and happy life has never had a breakdown like us. Being happy with yourself is the only way you can live. The happy people i know are always eating healthy, enjoying their lives in a healthy balance and working towards the future. Where the depressed people just sit around all day distracting themselves with television or video games and only worry about me me me and now now now. I think finding who you are and accepting yourself is the first step to living a long and happy life.
>>
>>6192911
I still have a lot of self image issues even though comparitively I'm ok. A lot of anxiety is because i dont want that emotional crash to happen again because i know i cant handle it, im scared suicide will be justifiable again or i'll do something hasty and stupid.

Mostly though its fear of regret. Not wanting to transition and regret it. Not wanting to grow into more of a man and regret it. Just coasting in a drab and grey medium state of laziness and popping hormones so i dont have to confront anything.

There are a thousand feelings and indicators that im trans, feelings since i was a small child, feelings that consistently brought me to tears through my teens, there's a huge one that says im not, which is just this voice in my head saying i shouldnt do it, i dont feel like a girl. I only WANT to be one. I genuinely cant answer questions about who I really feel like, i dont know any answers

just scared tho. And there isnt really anything people like me can do.
>>
>>6192954
i understand you completely. I was actually unaware of my feeling untill i was approached a couple of years back by a woman because she noticed something was different in me than the other guys. After alot of though i also want to be female, but im not going through with it because im about to do a shitload of stuff, most require that im viewed a certain way. Im beginning a "game" that requires im viewed as strong, and revealing my emotions and desires would absolutly destroy this opportunity. I think that people like us don't know who we are becouse we may have felt more like females from the beginning, we've always been pushed and molded by our family and friends and the media we consume. I think the human ego, who we define ourselves as, is like a blanket covered in patches in that we constantly emulate and change ourselves to mimic others that we think have what we want or act how we act. To create such a giant change in your ego and redefine yourself would require along time. I don't it would even be possible to completely eliminate that person that you tricked yourself into thinking you are.

But i am jealous of you. Though we both have doubts about who we are and what we really want, you are going through with what your heart tells you. I wish i could go through with it, but i have so much more things I have to do.
>>
>>6193032
I'm not going through with anything. I take hormones but really im just coasting so i dont have to make a decision
>>
>>6185878
>>6186269
>>6186557
>>6186577

Too bad there are more than three of you. You'll have to figure out which of you is going without the Nobel.

>>6186669

I'm pretty sure that goes for AGP. Trutrans apparently have their average around 100 (and naturally have their fair share of the retarded and extremely intelligent).
>>
>>6187738
>>6187883

How old were you?

>>6193032

What did the woman do with you?
>>
>>6194106
Just how accurate is that intelligence schema? It sounds like pseudoscience to me.

And what type would I fall in anyways? I said in >>6189650 that mine us about twenty points lower than my parents but that could just be from Poor health during growing up.
>>
File: fja.png (125 KB, 676x522) Image search: [Google]
fja.png
125 KB, 676x522
>>6194778

Pic related is from http://www.psy-journal.com/article/S0165-1781(05)00155-1/fulltext.
>>
>>6195588
Not too convinced, any half baked surveyer could pick batches of people he thinks will give a result. You can get anything you want, be it flags turning people into Republicans if you run it like you want. Psych isn't a credible discipline and it's constantly mired in scandal.

Then again, maybe the derision the biomed people deal with towards it is rubbing off on me, but still that intelligence thing doesn't seem like something that would hold up.
>>
>>6195704

Well, this is how they selected participants.

>A group of 196 consecutive patients, who had applied and were considered eligible for SR at University Medical Center Utrecht (UMCU) or at the Gender Clinic at the VU University Medical Center in Amsterdam (VUMC), completed SR, and agreed to participate in the study. This study focused on pretreatment differences between homosexual and nonhomosexual transsexuals, who all had completed SR. From 187 patients we gathered complete sets of pretest data. On the basis of self-reported sexual preference, 113 of the 187 patients were classified with a homosexual preference (61 MFs and 52 FMs) and the other 74 with a nonhomosexual preference (52 MFs and 22 FMs).
>After agreement to participate, an interview and testing session were arranged shortly after application. Each session took 2 to 3 h. Appointments for an interview and testing were usually made at the VUMC. If a UMCU patient considered it to be more convenient, an appointment was made at UMCU. Researchers who were not clinically involved interviewed the subjects. The Ethics Committees of UMCU and VUMC approved the study.
>>
>>6194263
>What did the woman do with you?
she just pulled me aside when we were all getting drunk and said that she knows im gay (or something like that). Then i started having a panic attack because i've never actually put my feeling into words and I felt very confused about myself. She just talked about how her ex husband cheated on her behind her back with a man and that she sees all the same things in me as she saw in him. Apparently the way i interacted with her and my natural posture and stuff were very womanly. I totally had a breakdown and during that time i considered suicide for the first time in my life. I then proceeded to try and repress my thoughts and feelings until my friend confronted me about being gay and i ended up moving out of his house to live with relatives. Now im pretty sure im bi, but i don't know about trans. Every time i think i am, i have a "wake up" call the next morning about how stupid i was being. Its starting to turn into a daily routine of waking up and feeling manly and regretting my thoughts and emotions, then at night i go to sleep feeling depressed and regretful and doubtful and I just don't know. She was the first person to ever shatter my perception about this stuff. I always thought she was super pretty and that meant i was straight because i liked her and being around her, but i think the feelings i had were wanting to be like her. Wishing i was that pretty and stuff.
>>
>>6195752
>Utrecht Amsterdam
Uh, those are literally the same kind of sleazebags who'd get anurisms if they learned I've been snorting hormones all this time despite being a boy and not planing to change that.

The fact it's European just makes it all the more dubious. Their heath care is infamous for the way it strips its patients of their choice and individualism.

They intentionally keep people in their youth from getting any medical access and force the few who do to act like some sleazzy doctor's caricature. They seem to be less strict with old men who go and leaver their families though. The European system itself explains those results, the other places that find similar are also unfree statist healthcare systems like Canada's.

You'd probably see actual people, not walking stereotypes in a liberalized system that respects individualism and lets people do what they want with their bodies. You see something like that starting to emerge in this age.
>>
File: 1459538308727.jpg (380 KB, 1280x776) Image search: [Google]
1459538308727.jpg
380 KB, 1280x776
>>6191108
sorry my voice isn't spectacular as normal, It's been a long day and im tired

https://clyp.it/fb0c4n1t
>>
>>6197348
>this shit really isn't really easy...like...it'll fuck your shit up....but..you'll come out better..like....lot better.....bye..
what do you mean, like emotionally? I doubt i could get much worse. I generally hold myself together pretty well, but i've found myself entering a daily cycle of doubt and hoping i don't wake up. Im going to see a therapist in a few months. Either i transition, or I kill myself. Either way my life will be over.
>>
>>6197348
This is one of the greatest transition timelines ever!
>>
File: 1459537329359.jpg (133 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
1459537329359.jpg
133 KB, 1440x1440
>>6197427
>what do you mean, like emotionally?
yes
>I doubt i could get much worse.
prepare your asshole

transitioning is truly a humbling experience... you'll lose a lot of friends, you'll be a freak, men will treat you like trash, and you'll be beaten down to a level where you have nothing left to lose. not to discourage you ofc.

>Im going to see a therapist in a few months
it's pertinent to start ASAP, just saying.

>Either i transition, or I kill myself. Either way my life will be over.
there's a pretty good chance you'll try to kill yourself at some point and a 40% you'll succeed. but remember it does get better. I'm speaking from experience.

the first time I took HRT changed my life, but it also made me aware of how much dysphoria i was living with. take your pills on time, letting T come back is a really bad experience.
oh, and AGP is bullshit. and therapists will try to talk you out of transitioning because they're dicks
>>
>>6197531
>transitioning is truly a humbling experience... you'll lose a lot of friends, you'll be a freak, men will treat you like trash, and you'll be beaten down to a level where you have nothing left to lose. not to discourage you ofc.

i've moved like over 3 times since i graduated high school. I don't have any "real" friends in my current city, unless you count hanging out with co-workers. So im not really scared of that...assuming i go through with it. Plus i'de say im already at the "nothing left to lose" level.

>it's pertinent to start ASAP, just saying.
and i would, but i have like 2 things to spend large amounts of money on before im ready to destroy my life. and im broke becouse i just bought some land for 10k and got a new car because some ashole pulled out in-front of me and totaled my honda. I wish i would have went to therapy as a kid like my brother did (for abusive step father/anger issues), maybe i would have realized this stuff sooner. I should have know something was up when i was wearing brightly coloured skinny jeans to school and straightening my hair and stuff.

>there's a pretty good chance you'll try to kill yourself at some point and a 40% you'll succeed. but remember it does get better. I'm speaking from experience.

I've never actually tried, but i did meet a guy who tried like a billion times. I've had some pretty nasty (but creative) suicidal thoughts in the last few days, but im sure i could rough it out. It'll be extremely wierd though if this does happen because im currently rooming with my uncle and I think he just thinks im gay. My whole family thinks trannies are disgusting freaks.
>>
>>6196569
I am starting to think you have the IQ of a slug.

There is no 'European system'.

Europe is not a homogenous blob, every country has it's own health care system and how trans people are treated varies accordingly.

The netherlands PIONEERED treating trans youth - nobody would hand out puberty blockers before they started and by now, the rest of the world adapted their protocol for dealing with trans kids.

That's the exact opposite of

> They intentionally keep people in their youth from getting any medical access

Your political extremism is impacting your judgement, son.
>>
File: 1459646007431.jpg (86 KB, 640x438) Image search: [Google]
1459646007431.jpg
86 KB, 640x438
>>6197609
>i'de say im already at the "nothing left to lose" level.
that's what I thought when I started

>My whole family thinks trannies are disgusting freaks.
see? you still have something to lose; your family. I lost mine.

seriously though, I'm not trying to discourage you. It's just that this stuff can hit pretty hard, and some people don't make it. I just want you to be prepared.

The therapist WILL try to discourage you though. that's how they weed out people who aren't sure.
>>
>>6201205
Are you the same gal who gave me voice advice? If so, could i give you my number and text you later? I need someone with more experience in this field to help me understand. I would go to a therapist, but im short on money. And speaking of money, I have some questions about that also.
>>
>>6206400
how about skype? you probably don't want 10,000 calls from india tomorow
>>
>>6207532
uh, i don't really get on skype ever. Plus i'de rather just text. unless we could send messages on skype, that would work well. Im not really fond of my voice and feel like putting my words in letter form disconnects me form the message enough that i can tell the truth. If i say it outlowd it kinda hurts. I have to say thaks if your really willing to talk to me about this stuff. Sorry if i sound a little incoherent, i just drank a bottle of moscato and cant really think straight.
>>
>>6207580
yeah, i just meant to IM.

up to you
>>
>>6207624
Sounds great! Though...my skype name is actually my real name and i'de rather not post it on 4chan. So would you mind waiting a sec while i make a new account?
>>
File: stephanie.jpg (29 KB, 492x367) Image search: [Google]
stephanie.jpg
29 KB, 492x367
>>6197693
actually the Phrygians pioneered treating trans youth.

With castration, cross-dressing and cannabis

Hail Cybele. .
>>
>>6207624
alright, my skype name is ytrewq5806, and my "real name" is 'a'.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.