[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW YORK ACTRESS PROTESTS NORTH CAROLINA LAW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Protestranny.jpg (47 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
Protestranny.jpg
47 KB, 620x413
>Transgender woman to tour men's bathrooms in stand against anti-LGBT law
https://archive.is/dzoSP

Shakina Nayfack, a trans actress and writer from New York, will perform the unusual protest to campaign against North Carolina's controversial HB2 law.

... Nayfack will visit several men's bathrooms and take hundreds of selfies to make a stand.
>Welcome to the selfie generation!
>I'm taking pictures and making a difference.

She told the Guardian: "They are trying to create a situation where trans people are supposed to be invisible.

"This is an absurd, panicked reaction from the ignorant, it's a massive step backwards, so I felt it was my duty to go down there and take selfless in as many men's bathrooms as possible."

The actress will visit bathrooms in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, Asheville, Flat Rock, Charlotte and Fayetteville, in the tour.

To avoid confrontation, she is considering recruiting security guards to stand by when she uses the men's bathrooms.
>Be New Yorker
>Protest law
>Ask for security
Okay.jpg

She added: "If people want to engage me in civil discussion in a bathroom that will be fine.

"But if people want to come at me, I'll tell them, well, they could suck my d***, but I cut it off."
>>
>>6179668
Dumb, if she has had SRS she's supposed to go to the womens bathroom, since her legal gender is changed.

What would actually make a difference is if we got a ton of passable, and tall, ftms go into the womens bathroom while wearing creepy fedora clothes.
>>
>>6179681
>womens bathroom while wearing creepy fedora clothes

What is it with women feeling uncomfortable with ftms going to the female restroom?

>be ftm
>go to female restroom
>"Eek, she looks like a man."

Isn't it better for ftms to go to the female restroom:
>it could be seen as a good chance to make straight women see that "Hey, it's cool; we're not weird; we just want to use the toilet."

"Just because I wear men's clothes doesn't mean I can't go to the women's toilet"

A lot of people are creeped out by different things. This could be a good chance to un-creep females.
>>
>>6179681
>Dumb, if she has had SRS she's supposed to go to the womens bathroom, since her legal gender is changed.

I don't know how it is in America but getting SRS in the UK doesn't instantly change your legal sex. You have to apply for a GRC and can do so before getting SRS.

I'm post-op but still "legally" male according to my birth certificate (gender marker on other things like passport can be changed regardless of your legal sex) because I haven't applied for a GRC because it costs £120, money that I don't have at the moment. Also, there's talks of changing the process soon to make it easier, so kinda holding out for that, hoping they remove the fees.
>>
>>6179701
>there's talks of changing the process soon to make it easier, so kinda holding out for that, hoping they remove the fees.

In other countries, people have to pay even for the smallest change in their legal documents.
>Misspelling your name, names of your parents
>Date of Birth
>Place of birth
>Wrong Social Security number
>Showing up as "deceased" even though you're alive

They all cost money: government workers have to get paid to process these.
>inb4 higher taxes

Other people might feel disheartened if the fee is removed for transgenders and not for the rest.
>>
>>6179691

>Isn't it better for ftms to go to the female restroom:
>it could be seen as a good chance to make straight women see that "Hey, it's cool; we're not weird; we just want to use the toilet."
So we're gonna make women want to have ftms in their bathrooms?

>This could be a good chance to un-creep females.
To ftms?

You're completely retarded, like holy shit.
Took a few too many barbie pills when you were young? I've never seen a ftm that didn't have a ditzy bimbo brain.

Cis women should feel unsafe when they go to the bathroom now, due to the HB2.

>>6179708
>Other people might feel disheartened if the fee is removed for transgenders and not for the rest.
Obviously it should be free for everyone.
If the government makes a huge mistake in marking you as dead, you shouldn't be the one responsible for paying to get it fixed.
>>
ok, i might be alone on this, but i think we're all overreacting a bit.
if the cis people want us to use the bathrooms they think we should, i think we should oblige.
i don't think it's about hate, i think women would rather not be spooked by clockable assholes going in while claiming the excuse of being transgender, & i totally understand that.
i can't be the only mtf who thinks that this outrage is all a bit silly
>>
>>6179767
>I'm not affected by the law, so I have a much more superior and "grown up" opinion on this matter.
>I think everyone who lives in this region the law affects should think like me too.
Aspergers is strong in this one.
>>
>>6179668
>in stand
>but I cut it off

im confus
>>
>>6179668
>female presentation
>cut it off

does her ID now indicate her as female or male?
if female, what's the difference from a cis-woman going into a men's room to do the same thing?

confusedface.gif
>>
>>6180435
IIRC the law based on sex marker on the birth certificate not photo ID
>>
>>6180447
so what's the sex/gender marker on her birth certificate then?
>>
>>6180462
Gee anon, I wonder.
>>
File: CrutchedFriarsLarge.jpg (34 KB, 720x493) Image search: [Google]
CrutchedFriarsLarge.jpg
34 KB, 720x493
>>6179668
i think the more important thing should be to protest for more private bathroom stalls. i dont want a 4ft. skimpy dividers with 1/4in. gaps you can see through on both sides of the door.

why can public bathrooms be genderless and look like pic related. then people regardless of gender can go into the stall and poo and pee with an actual sense of privacy.
>>
>>6179668
>But if people want to come at me, I'll tell them, well, they could suck my d***, but I cut it off

i hate it when other trannies say shit like this.
>>
Shes gonna get murdered or raped, one of those
>>
>>6180492
because "businesses" don't want to dump more money into building/modifying/fixing bathrooms

that's their main concern besides public image

just look at how many places are handicapped acessible/accomodated before it become law to accomodate them
>>
File: 5bf494980d25db353b138a7e9941e43a.jpg (390 KB, 1012x1327) Image search: [Google]
5bf494980d25db353b138a7e9941e43a.jpg
390 KB, 1012x1327
>>6179681
Unfortunately the NC law states that people now have to enter the bathroom associated to the sex of their birth provable by DNA test, even if they're legal name and gender has changed. It even awards $2500 to those that have proof of a transgender person breaking this law. Passing mtfs have to use the mens room and passing ftms have to use the womens room.

It absolute insanity, especially when it was pushed on the idea of stopping hairy masculine men from entering the womens bathroom.
>>
>>6181287
>Passing mtfs have to use the mens room and passing ftms have to use the womens room.

This could be a learning experience for het men and women

It might show that just because someone transitions, there is no harm in it.

>ftms will open the minds of women
>mtfs will open the minds of men
>"No harm guys; we're all okay here. We're not weird for transitioning."

Enlightenment, anyone?
>>
>>6181326
hopefully
this one seems to be doing it right
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/north-carolina-bathroom-law-transgender-man-tells-his-experience
>>
File: eye roll.gif (984 KB, 245x155) Image search: [Google]
eye roll.gif
984 KB, 245x155
>hon tours men's bathrooms
Oh lordy lord

Jelly of his big thighs tho
>>
>Shakina
Also what the fuck is up with these made up ghetto-esque names?
>>
>>6181445
hon
>>
>>6180545
It's cheaper to maintain one unisex bathroom instead of two gendered ones.
The costs of modifying existing facilities would be negligible compared to the costs of maintaining separate gendered rooms. I mean we're mostly talking about just putting up walls and locking doors, they already have them they just choose to leave stupid gaps at the bottom and top of the walls and locks are often broken because of needing to split maintenance costs between two rooms and the illusion of safety.
>>
>>6181445
Jews
>>
>>6179668

>a man will use men's bathrooms

How is this protesting anything?
>>
>>6181597
>It's cheaper to maintain one unisex bathroom instead of two gendered ones.
it is cheaper to maintain 1 instead of 2 bathrooms whether they unisex/gendered. but what if you have 2 to start with? you closing down 1? certain places have regulations requiring a certain bathroom capacity available per set amount of people in them. also, the accomodations for new regulations most of the time applies when you do significant "new" work to your bathrooms so you can get away not complying (yet) for not doing any major changes other than regular maintenance.

>The costs of modifying existing facilities would be negligible compared to the costs of maintaining separate gendered rooms. I mean we're mostly talking about just putting up walls and locking doors, they already have them they just choose to leave stupid gaps at the bottom and top of the walls and locks are often broken because of needing to split maintenance costs between two rooms and the illusion of safety.
it is a one time cost to change the partitions, locks and signage (plus labor) yet most companies are unwilling to go forth with it since they don't see the benefit to be significant compared to the cost. they care about your paying business but bathrooms are not a paying business. sure it might improve their public image to comply but public opinion is also subjective.
>>
>>6181287
So if you are AFAB and are an intersex individual with xy chromosomes do they have to use the male restroom to?
>>
>>6181287
http://www.newstatesman.com/future-proof/2015/02/sex-isn-t-chromosomes-story-century-misconceptions-about-x-y
>>
>>6181381
I was on board with all of this until it got to the last 2 sentences and it turned out to be the 500m dash in the oppression Olympics
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.