[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Philippines elects first transgender woman to congress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/asia/philippines-transgender-geraldine-roman/

>Voters have made history in the Philippines, electing their first ever transgender politician to the House of Representatives. Liberal Party candidate Geraldine Roman trounced her closest rival in the congressional district of Bataan, winning 62% of the unofficial vote count with 99% of precincts reporting.

>Forty-nine-year-old Roman has been living as a woman for the past two decades and has a male partner.

>Not shy to defend LGBT rights, Roman nonetheless downplayed the notion that she was a novelty candidate while campaigning in her northern Philippines district. Her popularity, she insisted, had more to do her policies than her gender.

Meanwhile in Burgerland we're arguing about bathrooms...

Also, how can a trans woman be elected in a majority catholic country where gay marriage is illegal?
>>
>Also, how can a trans woman be elected in a majority catholic country where gay marriage is illegal?
Because both her parents served in the same seat prior to her, meaning she received all the name recognition and organizational structure they had built.
>>
>>6171238
Nepotism, ho!
>>
>and has a male partner
God I wish western trans activists were as well adjusted. But nope all we get it is transbians
>>
>>6171612
Roman married a Spanish citizen in Spain
and she's had srs
>>
>>6171238
>both her parents served in the same seat prior to her

Straight or gay, political family connections all the way!
>>
>>6172934
it's still pretty interesting because in Thailand rich families often embrace their trans kids but usually not the case ion the Philippines so pretty cool none the less her connections makes her likely to be a career politician
>>
>>6174003
I think Philippines is heading in direction of Thailand. Social scene there is very chill about trans.
>>
>>6180066
that's good to hear i think the nation is pretty cool very chill people and although i'm afro-latino a lot of them think i'm a fellow Phillipino
>>
>>6174003
>none the less her connections makes her likely to be a career politician

If your parents, uncles, aunts, or other relatives are in political positions, you're going to win that seat.
>inb4 nobody knows anyone else
>who wants to rock the boat

>be flip congressman
>run for 1st term = 3 yrs
>run for reelection = additional 6 yrs
>term ends
>make wife run
>elected for 3 terms = 9 yrs
>term ends
>husband runs again
>repeat until too old

bonus points for placing your child to build a dynasty

double bonus for muslim politicos
>husband as provincial governor
>1st wife as congresswoman
>2nd wife as mayor
>3rd wife as councilor
>4rd wife as village captain
>children in the SK (yes, the Philippines has some sort of youth council for youngsters)

Only in the Philippines!
>>
File: 1410987330273.gif (491 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1410987330273.gif
491 KB, 500x282
>>6180952
At least the parents don't abandon their children once they come out as a faggot/tranny? And the one true god (money) is more appreciated than God by one of the most religious countries?
>>
>>6170594
>how can a trans woman be elected in a majority catholic country where gay marriage is illegal

Maybe it's one of those countries that are chill with lgbt around

>Not all lgbts go around advancing gay marriage

>tfw a lot of gays in the West are much more political for some reason

For gays in the West
>legislate, legislate, legislate
>>
>>6170594
she's doing the thing! the jew thing! with her hands!
>>
File: Happy Moerchant.gif (3 MB, 444x711) Image search: [Google]
Happy Moerchant.gif
3 MB, 444x711
>>6181153

Pure coincidence
>>
>>6172934

she speaks english, spanish, tagalog and has two master degrees. A lot more qualified than the /pol/tard trolls here.
>>
>>6181146
Philippines is literally one of the worst countries to be LGBT in
Heaps of them get beaten by their fathers, kicked out of their home by their own families, the LGBT is seen as a laughing stock in the media
>>
>>6186047
fucking Catholics man
people imagine that christfags are better than Muslims but they should remember that various pagan religions and Buddhism are the only things that don't support violence against LGBT people
>>
>>6186047
Yes trans are seen as jokes and to be joked around but it is rarely vicious like it is in the states. The joke is about them sucking dicks and being gay and hehe I wonder if her fathers proud. That shit is easy to deal with and you just laugh along with them because really it is ridiculous isn't it?

In the states its "faggot this faggot that". "Pervert". "FREAK". Or literally terror "Get away from my children freak!".

Filipino lgbt phobia is much more chill in comparison
>>
>>6171612
sexual orientation sure has a lot to do with how well adjusted you are
>>
>>6187385
why do you respond to troll posts
>>
>>6187389
bored and drunk
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.