[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NC suing feds over HB2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: HB2 protest.jpg (73 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
HB2 protest.jpg
73 KB, 640x533
So North Carolina has decided to sue the feds over their interpretation of the bathroom bill. This will probably go poorly for them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/05/09/north-carolina-justice-dept-face-monday-deadline-for-bathroom-bill/

DoJ is probably cackling with glee right now.
>>
>>6161645
>the white chick holding the black trans lives matter sign
>>
>>6162092
It's trans black lives matter.
She's clearly a black woman in a white woman's body.
>>
>>6162092
>what is intersectionality
>what are allies
>i'm literally illiterate as to how minority movements work
>>
>>6162136
>implying I don't know what anything is
>implying I don't think the fact that black transwomen are an extremely vulnerable group that's unprotected and thus disproportionately being straight up murdered is massively fucked up
>implying I don't think it's funny because she looks like a tumblrtard and they're notorious for hijacking movements and drowning out the voices of the minority groups that said movement is supposed to be "for"
>>
>>6162177
>it's wrong to add numbers to a small group that wouldn't be noticed otherwise
just because people you don't like do something doesn't mean that the action in itself is wrong.
>>
The federation was a mistake.

Time to create 50 countries tbqh.
>>
>>6162282
that would/will be good shit
>>
>>6161645
God dammit, why the fuck is this an issue?

Can't offices just slap together a half-bath with the word "Other" on the door and call it a fucking day?
>>
>>6163191
plumbing is more expensive than papers
>>
>>6163191
>>6163203
how about making a new door and a passage to a previously male or female stall? drywall has to be cheaper than all this.
oh, yeah, making a discrimination bathroom doesn't sit well with people.
>>
>>6163191
Like trump said, that's ruinously expensive and discrimination too.
>>
>>6163191
The issue isnt about bathrooms its about supressing a very specific group of people your society has deemed unhuman and mentally ill.
>>
>>6163266
>implying they're not
The APA still recognizes gender dysphoria as an affliction, not an identity.

They deserve compassion and treatment... not enabling.
>>
>>6161645
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/09/politics/poll-transgender-bathroom-law-north-carolina/

>57% say they oppose laws requiring transgender individuals to use facilities that do not match their gender identity (against 38% who support such laws)

>About 75 percent of respondents favored laws guaranteeing equal protection for transgender people in jobs, housing, and public accommodations, while 80 percent were in favor of such protections for gay and lesbian people.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 640x1136
>>6163279
Mentally ill like you can't practice medicine. Stick to cleaning crap.

Every medical group out there says hormones are the only treatment
>>
>>6163279
>they deserve compassion and treatment
>only known treatment is Transition
Are seriously this fucking stupid? How is it compassionate in ANY WAY to tell someone that they cant use a certain bathroom?
>>
>>6163279
youre a joke.
>>
>>6161645
>tfw fag
>tfw can't stand the shit twisted logic of trannies
>tfw constantly expected to be on their side due to being lumped in with them in the same movement
Secession when?
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 545x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 545x480
>>6163339
And you backed a law banning gays from suing if they're cheated and making all of their antidiscrimination illegal.

No wonder gays despise people like you.
>>
>>6163288
>>6163293
>every medical group out there says hormones are the only treatment
>only known treatment is transition

Dhejne, Landen, et al, 2011

Long term study of transgender individuals undergoing HRT and SRS found that individuals were at as high or higher risk of serious psychological problems, suicide, mortality as transgender individuals who did not undergo those treatments.

Study concluded that HRT/SRS is not a sufficient option for treating GD, only serving to temporarily alleviating symptoms while failing to address the underlying causes.

Several studies have shown that anti-psychotic medications alleviate the symptoms of GD with lower risk of subsequent psychological problems like SRS.
>>
>>6163339
You're free to leave any time. Gay men know all about fitting in and pretending to be straight, you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1442270842045.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1442270842045.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>6163279
>>
>>6163353
>what! you're gay but you don't blindly agree with every crazy gender identity cause-of-the-week? you traitor!
>what! you're black but you don't blindly agree with every dumb BLM protest? you uncle tom!
>what! you're christian but you don't want to make abortion illegal? you heathen!

God damn am I sick of identity politics
>>
>>6163353
This is just gay guilt for what they did to trannies for about 50 years unconcerned with gender rights but needing the publicity for their campaigns. It's just like white guilt for enslaving black people.
>>
>>6163373
And yet you've made it possible to cheat any gay man in North Carolina with impunity. Obvious who's playing politics here.
>>
>>6163355
False, everyone after 1989 did as well as the average person
>closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejne’s work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>The American Psychiatric Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHugh’s views are stuck in the past.
Incompetent fool, don't go above your lot.
http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1635&pk_association_webpage=4905
>>
>>6163356
>You're free to leave any time.
>leave
>the only options are no movement at all, or getting derailed and shat on by the mentally ill and faddish straight girls
Yeah, I sure don't get what anyone could have against that.
>>
>>6163385
If a state doesn't want me in it, I'll move to one that does.

I can't force people to accept me. That's not how people work. And no amount of dumb lawsuits or big government bullying will ever change that.
>>
>>6163411
>I can't force people to accept me. That's not how people work. And no amount of dumb lawsuits or big government bullying will ever change that.
Holy shit, logic? On my /lgbt/?
>>
>>6163406
There were gay men movements without anyone else included. You got what you came for, marriage and military assimilation of gay men into hetero society. You don't have to stay, nobody is forcing you.
>>
>>6163423
>military assimilation
???
?????
???????????
>>
>>6163416
I know, scary right? It's almost like some people are capable of separating their identity from their political views.

It's crazy talk!
>>
>>6163411
And you just demanded every gay in nc leave. No wonder they hate you.
>>
>>6163355
lel nice study you have there
>>
>>6163355
>anti-psychotic medications
Never been a peer reviewed study that could prove that. Poor delusional trash.
>>
>>6163411
There's a difference between acceptance and tolerance. People can hate you all they like but it doesn't give them the right to systematically discriminate against you and make you a second class citizen.
>>
>>6163474
>having to use the bathroom with the urinals if you have a penis
>being treated like a second class citizen
Yeah... that seems like a totally reasonable position. Not being overly dramatic at all.
>>
>>6163465
It wasn't a study it was a report. People getting even the simple things mixed up is what you should expect on 4chan.
>>
>>6163514
FtM have a penis and it squirts out urine
>>
>>6163474
>There's a difference between acceptance and tolerance.
Forcing people to tolerate something they don't accept just turns them against it more and leaves everyone more pissed off at each other than before.

Just look at what's happening in Europe right now. You've got the EU government threatening to fining and sanctioning any town or country that doesn't want to accept refugees and making them accept by force. How do you think that'll turn out in the end?

If some dumbfuck rednecks don't want my business, I'll take my business elsewhere - it's their loss. The last fucking thing I want is some government wanker coming in and telling the people refusing my business,
>"HEY! THIS GAY MAN IS VERY STRONGBRAVE! YOU BE NICE TO HIM OR WE'LL SHUT YOU DOWN AND PUT YOU IN JAIL!"
all that shit's doing is putting a big fucking target on my head.
>>
File: 1462387520558.jpg (16 KB, 565x346) Image search: [Google]
1462387520558.jpg
16 KB, 565x346
>>6163514
You're such a goddamn reactionary tool. The bathroom nonsense is largely a distraction to create moral panic and take attention away from the portions of the bill that make discrimination legal against LGB people and other minorities. It also infringes on the rights of local governments stating that they cannot pass ordinances to raise their minimum wage or put discrimination protections in place for their citizens.
>>
>>6163608
At the same time you think the statement that gay men have more privilege than the LBT is feminist extremism. Sorry strong brave gay man it's nice you love your life now but you're not the only person on this planet.
>>
>>6163622
>and take attention away from the portions of the bill that make discrimination legal against LGB people and other minorities
Here's the full text of the bill
http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2/Bills/House/PDF/H2v4.pdf

It's five pages long. Pages one and two are all about the bathroom shit. Page three is about making the provisions on pages one and two consistent across the state. Page four is a reaffirmation of existing civil rights protections against racial, sexual, religious, etc etc discrimination. Page five is signatures.

By all means - O, Great Master of Legal Interpretation - tell me all about how this somehow legalizes gay bashing.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>ever using public restrooms
>>
>>6163711
This - why the fuck would you even WANT to use public restrooms?

I'd sooner shit in the woods.
>>
>>6163722
Government employees who work in government offices. (The basis for the DOJ's lawsuit)
>>
>>6163731
My point still stands. Have you seen those bathrooms?
>>
File: 1439009093550.gif (3 MB, 800x968) Image search: [Google]
1439009093550.gif
3 MB, 800x968
>>6163722
who knows. my guess is a group of overweight fat shemen with 5oclock shadows went into the ladies room and made a scene when people looked at them strange.

ugly people ruin everything for us qts
>>
So here's what I don't get: if trannies think it's NBD to make some people uncomfortable in bathrooms... then how do they have a leg to stand on when others suggest they should be the ones being uncomfortable in the same bathrooms? There are much fewer trannies than people who are wigged out by them, after all.
>>
Attorney General's remarks today:

>This action is about a great deal more than just bathrooms. This is about the dignity and respect we accord our fellow citizens and the laws that we, as a people and as a country, have enacted to protect them – indeed, to protect all of us. And it’s about the founding ideals that have led this country – haltingly but inexorably – in the direction of fairness, inclusion and equality for all Americans.

>This is not the first time that we have seen discriminatory responses to historic moments of progress for our nation. We saw it in the Jim Crow laws that followed the Emancipation Proclamation. We saw it in fierce and widespread resistance to Brown v. Board of Education. And we saw it in the proliferation of state bans on same-sex unions intended to stifle any hope that gay and lesbian Americans might one day be afforded the right to marry. That right, of course, is now recognized as a guarantee embedded in our Constitution, and in the wake of that historic triumph, we have seen bill after bill in state after state taking aim at the LGBT community. Some of these responses reflect a recognizably human fear of the unknown, and a discomfort with the uncertainty of change. But this is not a time to act out of fear. This is a time to summon our national virtues of inclusivity, diversity, compassion and open-mindedness. What we must not do – what we must never do – is turn on our neighbors, our family members, our fellow Americans, for something they cannot control, and deny what makes them human. This is why none of us can stand by when a state enters the business of legislating identity and insists that a person pretend to be something they are not, or invents a problem that doesn’t exist as a pretext for discrimination and harassment.
>>
>Let me speak now to the people of the great state, the beautiful state, my state of North Carolina. You’ve been told that this law protects vulnerable populations from harm – but that just is not the case. Instead, what this law does is inflict further indignity on a population that has already suffered far more than its fair share. This law provides no benefit to society – all it does is harm innocent Americans.

>Instead of turning away from our neighbors, our friends, our colleagues, let us instead learn from our history and avoid repeating the mistakes of our past. Let us reflect on the obvious but often neglected lesson that state-sanctioned discrimination never looks good in hindsight. It was not so very long ago that states, including North Carolina, had signs above restrooms, water fountains and on public accommodations keeping people out based upon a distinction without a difference. We have moved beyond those dark days, but not without pain and suffering and an ongoing fight to keep moving forward. Let us write a different story this time. Let us not act out of fear and misunderstanding, but out of the values of inclusion, diversity and regard for all that make our country great.

>Let me also speak directly to the transgender community itself. Some of you have lived freely for decades. Others of you are still wondering how you can possibly live the lives you were born to lead. But no matter how isolated or scared you may feel today, the Department of Justice and the entire Obama Administration wants you to know that we see you; we stand with you; and we will do everything we can to protect you going forward. Please know that history is on your side. This country was founded on a promise of equal rights for all, and we have always managed to move closer to that promise, little by little, one day at a time. It may not be easy – but we’ll get there together.
>>
(there was more at the beginning but I didn't post it)
>>
>>6164058
>>6164065
Inspiring.

I just wrote a paper on this bill. If the NC Republicans think their bigotry will hold water in the court of law they are in for a rude awakening.

NC is going to get its ass handed to them in a federal court and a national precedent will be made strengthening transgender rights
>>
>>6161645
if you got a dick you pee in the mens room and if you got a pussy you pee in the females room not till you get it chopped off or something attached your still that sex
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 640x851) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 640x851
>>6164174
Too bad that means all the fully transitioned FtM go into the men's room.

And the only people they've arrested this far are butch lesbians. Government can't even get it right.
>>
>>6163706
See § 143-422.2. Legislative declaration.
Explicitly doesn't list sexual orientation or gender identity as a protected class.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/24/471700323/north-carolina-passes-law-blocking-measures-to-protect-lgbt-people
>The new law establishes a statewide nondiscrimination ordinance that explicitly supersedes any local nondiscrimination measures. The statewide protections cover race, religion, color, national origin and biological sex — but not sexual orientation or gender identity.

There are no statewide protections against discrimination by private employers.
The city of Charlotte decided to write a local ordinance that said you can't discriminate against LGBT people.
Then the state legislature said that's not okay.
Therefore HB-2 makes discrimination for LGBT persons in employment legal, since it was never outlawed in state law.
>>
>>6162282
Just let the whiner states secede like they always threaten.
They're a cultural and economic drain that takes more in aid than they give in taxes while they sabotage their own education, economy, and environment anyway.
>>
>>6163266
It's about a significantly small number of people(?) demanding that everyone conforms to THEIR beliefs and principals.
>>
>>6163279
They deserve a bullet to the brain, if they had one.
>>
>>6163323
and "youre" illiterate.
>>
>>6164232
Almost as edgy as your decorative katana.
>>
North Carolina's "Bathroom Bill" is a step in the right direction, and a step in the wrong direction.

Right:
>affirms the right of private citizens to discriminate within their property
>affirms the objective reality that individuals cannot simply change their sex

Wrong:
>only lifts discrimination restrictions on one group, not all
>takes sovereignty away from municipalities, forces them to accept the law

However, NC should be forced to repeal the law, since lifting discrimination restrictions on one group and not the rest is indeed a violation of the EPC.
>>
>>6164174
Except that you retards would still sperg out to "protect muh wimminz" if you saw someone like buck angel walk into the bathroom after your daughter even though you're calling for it to be legally mandated.
Ugly cis women are already getting assaulted and kicked out of bathrooms for being mistaken for trannies too.
>>
>>6164282
>Ugly cis women are already getting assaulted and kicked out of bathrooms for being mistaken for trannies too.
And yet you don't think the tranny "struggle" is a source of division and social strife?
>>
>>6163191
>>6163213
How about trannies stop using Moral brow-beating and government to force an existing cultural norm to changecto accomodate their mental illness?
>>
>>6164321
Well "just make the minority that upsets me disappear" is certainly one approach to addressing the problem of bigotry but not really the most sensible one.

It's more an issue of politicians drumming up hatred and fear of a problem that didn't exist in order to gather support and distract from political manipulations like how they bundled a ban on local governments raising the minimum wage in with the "bathroom" bill.
Gay marriage is pretty settled so they need a new dead horse to beat to keep you occupied and supporting them and it seems to be the trannies' turn.
>>
File: trudeaulaughing.png (247 KB, 317x294) Image search: [Google]
trudeaulaughing.png
247 KB, 317x294
Why is everyone in the US so obsessed over bathrooms?
It's fucking hilarious how the most major issue in America right now is a bathroom

Supposedly 0.0092% of the population is transsexual.
They say you meet ~100,000 different people in your lifetime, meaning you will meet ~9 transsexuals total in your lifetime.
The probability you encounter a transsexual in a washroom is infinitesimally small. We're talking the far far tail end of probability here, like to the point that probably for 99.9% of the population they will never encounter a transsexual in a bathroom.
>>
>>6163356
I titter everytime a trannt uses the word delusional as a pejorative for someone or something else.
>>
>>6164444
Uh, anon...
>>
>>6164431
They make the argument that it's not really about trannies but stopping cis men predators who would exploit the law, completely ignoring the unisex bathrooms exist and are generally safer and that someone who would break any other more serious law in the bathroom probably isn't afraid of breaking the law of being there.
>>
>>6164155
>I just wrote a paper on this bill. If the NC Republicans think their bigotry will hold water in the court of law they are in for a rude awakening

As a practicing attorney I get annoyed by people who write "papers" about predicting court outcomes. It is always just a rationalization of what that person thinks ought to happen.
>>
>>6164480
no, to the vast majority of them, trannies and cis men predators are the exact same thing. they don't care if they look like girls or not.
>>
>>6164519
Funnily enough, the same reasoning was used to justify homophobia for a long time. (RIP Alan Turing)
>>
>>6163474
>Give them the right to systematically discriminate against you
Nothing systematic about individuals expressing their right to freedom of association. What you're advocating is systematically denying people that right, you fucking fascist.

>>6163622
>governments
>rights
lol. People have rights, governments have powers. In this case a higher level of governments stripped a lower one of its ability to oppress people.
>>
>>6164599
Right and that's why bloke Donald trump said business is fleeing Carolina.

The federal government and courts are simply Putting the final nail in the coffin of State overreach at the expense of the towns.
>>
>>6164519
Yeah but whatever they actually think it's still an argument they make so they can say they're totally not just bigots trying to stick it to trannies and are instead protecting people.
>>
>>6164431
How does this number keep getting smaller?
>>
>>6164796
It's just what was on wikipedia
>>
File: we just don't know.jpg (54 KB, 675x506) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.jpg
54 KB, 675x506
>>6165265
I googled this phrase and found this NY Times article
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/09/upshot/the-search-for-the-best-estimate-of-the-transgender-population.html

It didn't have an answer, but this photo gave me a giggle.
>>
>>6165307
>0.0092% of the population is transsexual.
err, this phrase
>>
>>6164275
Legalized Discrimination in places that offer public services is a snowball effect that can lead to towns where lgbt people can not be served, just like there were entire towns where black men and women can not be served when they legalized discrimination and right to refuse service against them. We have these laws because people have fucked this up multiple times already
Also a big wrong :
>allows discrimination in Government offices, some of those federal

I'm sorry, I can't give you a marriage liscence or drivers liscence because I don't recognize you as your legal gender.

>puts a bounty on the head of any student using the "wrong" bathroom, which they also have to pay the court costs for
>>
>>6165307
This is where I got the number:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexual#Prevalence
>The most recent (2016) systematic review of prevalence, leading to a meta-analysis of 27 studies, found estimates per 100,000 population of 9.2 (95% CI = 4.9–13.6) for surgical or hormonal gender affirmation therapy
>>
>>6163411
STOP BEING SENSIBLE!!
>>
>>6167870

That's not sensible in the slightest, you twat. What then when the next state decides it doesn't want you? And then the next? The only reason you have friendly places at all is because fags and trannies fought back when their spaces were invaded.
>>
>>6164382
Like slavery. Does the south need another ass whooping to remember their place?
>>
>>6167899
>What then when the next state decides it doesn't want you? And then the next?
>muh slippery slope fallacy

>The only reason you have friendly places at all is because fags and trannies fought back when their spaces were invaded.
Since when do we have "spaces"? Did I miss the "Gayville" memo?
>>
>>6163355
>Several studies have shown that anti-psychotic medications alleviate the symptoms of GD with lower risk of subsequent psychological problems like SRS.
I'm on anti-psychotics. I'm still trans. It doesn't treat GD
>>
>>6168539
2mg pimozide, hon
>>
>>6164222
desu this
we should've allowed the south to secede in the first place and cut our "losses" there
>>
>>6168548
Found by no clinical study or otherwise to ever be effective.

One in a million isn't good lottery odds, trailer trash.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.