[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consider a person born with a genetic variation transgender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (4 KB, 160x106) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
4 KB, 160x106
If someone was raised as male, and lived as one into adulthood, realized they had xxy chromosomes (or some intersex condition) then decided to transition are they transgender?

Many intersex individuals have their sex decided for them by doctors and their parents at birth. Should they just stay the same gender? Would you view them differently than a nonintersex transgender, why/why not?
>>
Imo, everyone should be raised the same, regardless of sex. Forget the corporate idealistic representation of sex. There is no need for it. It's stupid and useless.
>>
>>6161007
If they have dysphoria and are transitioning for that reason, just as non-intersex transgenders then sure I'd consider them trans.

If they have some weird complex about having an extra X chromosome than other males and are transitioning for that reason, then no they're probably not trans and will end up with regret.
>>
>>6161007
If they're transitioning to the opposite gender of whatever they were raised as, yes by all means. I feel bad for the ones who got "surgically corrected" as a kid tho that's gotta be shitty
>>
>>6161037
r u sayin gneder is a m e m e

cos i like it
>>
>>6161037
most people believe that anyway, and its not even answering the question
>>
>>6161037
GENDER = A FUCKING MEME
i like the way you think famalami
>>
>>6161007
is a non binary intersex person considered cis?
>>
>>6161007
XXY chromosomes is Klinefelter and they are still able to reproduce as males which makes them technically male. The extra X chromosome is largely muted and it does not give any extra benefit besides a higher risk of deformity and mental retardation. People and especially trannies associate social meaning to chromosomes that is not represented in nature. The same bizarre logic would imply that extra chromosomes make you genetically superior but as we know this is the opposite of truth. There is no benefit for a trans woman to be XXY Klinefelter there are only drawbacks.
>>
>>6163158
they are ethers
>>
>>6161007
>If someone was raised as male, and lived as one into adulthood, realized they had xxy chromosomes (or some intersex condition) then decided to transition are they transgender?
Yes, they are transgender with whatever condition they have as the suspected cause (or one of the causes) of their GD, that's how I see it
Different kind of trans, but still trans

This situation is kinda similar with autism
Autism is a disorder with unknown causes, diagnosed by symptoms, much like gender dysphoria
But in some cases, the same symptoms are associated with a different condition, for example fragile x syndrome
In this case do you consider a person with FXS and symptoms of autism to also have both? Or do you say, they simply have a different condition that probably gave them symptoms identical to autism?
What they do in practice is generally diagnose both FXS and autism and FXS is treated as the cause, I think looking at gender dysphoria in a similar way is the best way to look at things at the moment

I don't think it matters that much though, unless you're a researcher working on the subject it's mostly semantics since treatment is roughly the same, you might feel more validated when you're intersex or have an easier/harder time transitioning due to your specific disorder but that's it

>Should they just stay the same gender?
They should do what's most right for them personally, same as transsexuals
>>6163158
Depends what kinda nonbinary I guess

>>6163168
>There is no benefit for a trans woman to be XXY Klinefelter there are only drawbacks.
There are some small advantages though, like less body and facial hair without lasers or a bigger probability of gyno and wider hips
Nothing that would outweight the negatives but it's not all suffering
>>
Wikipedia says in order to be diagnosed as gender dysphoric the person must not be intersex.
>>
>>6161037
Gender is not a social construct you idiot. If ot were then transgenders should be laughed at - theyre the ones who care about gender the most.
Gender comes from evolution as a species, we are dimorphic for a reason, and this was apparent through all our history. Women and menhave formed different societies, they are different at a neurological level. Accept that gender is simply natural and move on.
>>
>>6163600
This is no longer true in DSM-V and it'll probably change in ICD-11 too, either way if I remember correctly in the past you were simply diagnosed with GID:NOS instead of a regular GID
>>
>>6163600
this is the case for the british system, you can't be a transsexual if you're intersex. idk what they do if you're intersex and hate yourself and transition though
>>
>>6163814
>idk what they do if you're intersex and hate yourself and transition though
They diagnose you with a different condition and let you transition the same, that I'm sure of >>6163747
>>
>>6163661
There is a difference between gender roles, which are largely cultural and can be seen to vary over different cultures, and gender identity with respect to trannies, which is really more something like gender/sex identity since their sexual characteristics bother them and are what they seek to change along with their cultural gender role because of how humans tie the two together.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.