[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HRT and anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1459883172042.jpg (30 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
1459883172042.jpg
30 KB, 550x309
Heya, trans-gril here

Im roughly 3 weeks into HRT, and the small changes ive seen (clearer skin, slightly softer face, feeling more feminine) are amazing

But god, the anxiety. Its terrible, and its putting me between a rock and a hard place. I skipped my dose last night and this morning to test the waters, and while the new anxiety is gone, that dull, numb, dead-inside feeling I got before I started is back

Whats habbening. Is this normal, did it happen to anyone else?
>>
>>6157720

>anxiety

That means you aren't really trans and your body is telling you to stop take hormones.
>>
>>6157720
Transition is scary, I had a lot of anxiety at first expecally when I was at the weird andro in-between phase. As you get more comfortable being grill and more secure in yourself the anxiety goes away, plus at least you're feeling something instead of dead inside, we all know that feel.
>>
>>6157729
I mean im not gonna pretend that there arent people who arent really trans who start, but I have a really hard time believing im not trans. Im not being a contrarian, but do you have a source on this?
>>
>>6157752

http://www.sexchangeregret.com/
>>
>>6157760
I get the feeling youre baiting, as that didnt seem to adress anything about early transition anxiety.
>>
>>6157751
Thank you

But it feels like its specific to the medication

Basically it goes like this

>take pills
>cry from happiness when I start
>skin starts to clear up
>cry from happiness
>skin starts to look girlier
>cry again, such happy
>start to feel a constant anxiety
>da fuck
>I skip mones for a day, anxiety goes awaay, but Im back to depression and really crave taking my hormones again

Ive read that this happens to some people when they start, and that it goes away. Im just wondering if anyone here had that I guess. Its scary

If it helps, its slowing down slightly over time
>>
>>6157796
For me I was always really happy with how I felt and the changes, my anxiety was more about starting to present and if I'd be accepted. You gotta figure out what the cause behind your anxiety is, there's a reason for it.
>>
>>6157720
>feeling more feminine
lol
you aren't really trans, stop taking HRT now before you start having real dysphoria.
>>
>>6157855
Well, basically im stressing so much over the next year of my life. I messed up and have to pay for the next year of school out of pocket, and while I can afford it, its still scaring the shit out of me. I feel so mad at myself and down on myself. And yeah, its also towards whether or not ill be accepted and having to be presented. Im just afraid I dont have a future now.

Im the same way with the hanges, and half the time I love the way I feel. BUt idk, I think ive just had so much repressed bullshit thats finally coming out that of course Im gonna have some nerves. If that makes sense
>>
>>6157882
I ended up having to give up my scholarships and take time off my first year back at college after highschool because of the anxiety that came with transition. It's pretty scary, you'll probably lose a lot of friends and family and when the effects start showing you'll get treated weirdly until you're able to pass. Its a public process and you're incredibly vulnerable during it, but if you're really trans than putting yourself in that position is worth the end result.
>>
>>6157965
yeah

Honestly this thread has actually been very therapeutic in a strange way. Ive suppressed every emotion I could for my entire life, and I can tell theres nothing im feeling now that wasnt already there. Its just that im feeling it full force for the first time ever, and whattya know, the negative ones hurt. But on the flip side, the positive ones are amazing. Case in point, I just went to buy coffee, and this drunk girl gendered me as female (ive always looked pretty fem and do have good hair) and wow, I had to stop myself from saying thank you to her. Its crazy.
Its like Im feeling everything for the first time.

>>6157872
Im really not trying to be obstinate here, but I just cant believe im not trans. It would be like believing I have ten fingers on my left hand. Im shit at explaining my emotions, so I probably meant something other than what you interpreted, which is my fault. By feel more feminine, I mean sitting down and realizing that my endocrine system is getting corrected.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.