[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some help please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: cat.jpg (133 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
133 KB, 1600x1200
I think I'm bi. My dad is extremely religious. Anyway I've been talking to my old teacher and she says that he was gay before he became religious. He's very anti gay too. What should I do? Keep silent? I don't live with him anymore.
>>
>>6156504
If you have no financial dependence on him I would go for it.

Best case scenario: you turn his world upside down and he becomes more accepting, both in general of himself in particular. You become a wonderful argument for having kids because they can challenge you to grow as a person.

Worst case scenario: he disowns you forever, but you end up as a stronger person because you didn't make the same mistake he did and suppress who you really are.
>>
I live on Brazil... a lot of people here are extremely religious too. A courple years the feminist, LGBT rights are on media. But, on these families are stuck on time. The solution of all the bi, gays, trans sons? Move out. Live with friends or even strangers. Don't live with them because if they know about you, you'll be painful life - or they'll try to brainwash you talking like "ohh for GOD everthing can transform! accept jesus in ur life and your feeling and instinct will be cured" blablabla... they don't know how is born different and they don't want to know how are. Leave them, and live your life freely.

Disclaimer: I'm gay and I'm live with my parents, but they aren't too religious. My experience was a big crush to them but today is all right :)
>>
>>6156555
I have a job but that ends after this semester, I might get it for the summer. And he's a disabled veteran so I may be able to get a grant from the government for college but until then I'm sort of dependent somewhat on him for a month or so in summer. If the grant comes late, that is.
>>
>>6156564
This is different though, he was in a cult before it disbanded, so was I but things change, thankfully.
>>
>>6156575
Oh then definitely wait until you absolutely do not need resources from him.

>>6156564
Funny - I am american, my father is brazilian, and I believe he is secretly bi. I think it would be very hard for him to accept it because of his culture.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.