[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get over the social stigma associated with dating a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (16 KB, 594x595) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16 KB, 594x595
How do I get over the social stigma associated with dating a trans girl? I feel like my masculinity comes into question when people find out she's trans. Is this a legitimate concern or am I being a jerk?
>>
Why're you telling people your gf is transsexual?
>>
>>6147386
I'm not. We're in college and she's pretty open about it.
>>
People can be judgmental. If you're into her and she's into you. Why deprive yourself from having a great time and loving someone awesome?imagine how many people probably want to date this girl and afraid of the same thing. Someone is gonna ask her out and u will regret having let peer pressure get to u.
>>
>>6147410
Oh ok.
I'd say it is a legitimate concern only because I assume you're insecure about it only from the stigma you get about it. I guess just try to remind yourself why you're with her whenever you start feeling that way, why do you feel like your masculinity's being questioned and do you feel like you can discuss this with her if it's causing you that much distress, etc.

Definitely wouldn't say it makes you a jerk.
>>
>>6147373
If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

This is why I always make it very clear to my boyfriends that they are fags for being with me and that they need to be okay with being seen as a fag. I hate putting up with a closet case bf that is afraid of being seen as the fag that they are. It's really annoying.
>>
>>6147453
>>6147456
I think my friends dont really consider me a "guy's guy" anymore after I started dating her. As much as I dont want to care about their opinion I kind of do.
>>6147510
True. Im not ashamed of being with her. I just wish people were more cool about it.
>>
>>6147373
when people question your masculinity over it it's becasue they aren't respecting your girlfriend's gender. Reclaim your masculinity by defending your gf
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 581x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 581x600
If she's close enough then who cares what people think? Are you just dumb enough to only get a gf because of what people think?
>>
File: bait.jpg (16 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
16 KB, 227x222
>>6147510
>implying a real man gives a shit about the opinons of others
>>
>>6147562
if they were your friends theyd be like its cool b chicks with dicks huh thats whats up
but if they were just bros
they probably wont be bros to you anymore but
i told my friends i got the first reply
they aint even mad
Location is everything tho
people from colorado(mystate)
are pretty liberal
as long as you aint fucking with our freedoms
we dont give a flying fuck
dat acceptance tho
i hope they re your reall friends and that she is worth it
been a chaser for a rly long time
congrats goodluck friend
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.