[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtF advice needed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Sup /lgbt/, I never come to this board but I plan on coming out to my family as trans (MtF) and hopefully, in the near future, start on HRT. Does anyone have any advice?
Also pic of me
>>
>>6143832
Repress and live weights instead of trying to chase unrealistic goals you can only dream of.
>>
yeah um maybe avoid w/e >>6143844 says
>>
>>6143832
2lmaomg pimozide
>>
50 mg memezide
4 mg kekstradiol lelerate

quick, hon, before it's too late!
>>
Write a letter beforehand, even if you don't give it to them. It helps organise your thoughts so when you do come out, you know more what you want to say... it also lets you phrase it better, which is, unfortunately, important.

You say you're planning on HRT; have you talked to a therapist? My family was receptive, but I framed it as me seeking treatment for a medical problem, not wishy-washy feeling stuff. 'I identify as a girl and want to start taking estrogen and wearing dresses' sounds a lot less convincing than 'I have been working with therapists and psychiatrists and discovered I have gender identity disorder. I will be pursuing transitioning to a woman as that is the proper medical treatment.'

Phrase it better, of course, but the more grounded you sound, the less likely they are to fill in the blanks with their own, misguided ideas. Once the rational groundwork was established, only THEN did I say things like 'this is why I've always been so miserable... this has been bothering me for years'.

Best of luck!

P.S., Have a backup plan. You may just get disowned out no matter how well you phrased everything.
>>
>>6143832
There was a tranny tripfag that looked like you a while ago. She really went downhill and stopped caring about her looks. Then she dated a hon cross dresser and people went from liking her to laughing at her. The best advice is to keep your focus on self improvement and don't get sucked into the subculture.
>>
>>6146646
who?
>>
File: 1462579263207.jpg (659 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1462579263207.jpg
659 KB, 2048x1152
Honestly I'm in the same boat as OP, only recently come to terms with the fact that I think I'm trans and I look completely like a guy right now but would like to talk to a therapist about it and possibly start HRT very soon if I see it as a path I want to take. Also here's a pic of me being hipster.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.