[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any legitimate constant-signs of a transgender person,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: hahahahah.jpg (9 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
hahahahah.jpg
9 KB, 253x199
A lot of people answer this kind of question every day, and a lot are very nice and honest, but some seem very rude and frankly make me sort of reconsider all of my decisions.
I'm not what you would consider pre-transitional transgender stereotype - I've felt very alone and just not right for my entire life, but I didn't know what this meant until middle school. Also, i'm not your naturally slender person who already looks kinda feminine.
Does stuff like that mean that i'm just crazy, or are some people on here just jerks???
I would realllly appreciate some considerate responses, thank you!
>>
>>6143031
It's called having gender dysphoria and if you don't, you aren't actually trans and no better than the average tumblr snowflake.
>>
FTM here. I didn't know until I was 14. People who know at super ping ages are actually kind of rare (but becoming less rare thanx to the Internet).
>>
>>6143043
*super young
>>
>>6143031
everyone who here is a jerk. check out Susan's place, people are much nicer and will give you more thoughtful responses (everyone here seems to hate Susan's though so I'm sure people will disagree with me). Body type doesn't determine gender identity so not looking naturally feminine doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>6143043
It makes perfect sense to not know until puberty. After all, there's only a few sex differences in prepubescent children, they are more or less androgynous.
>>
>>6143051
Susan's Place is a scummy hugbox for hons. Even tumblr hates it.
>>
>>6143067
fuck tumblr. Susan's is a useful starting point imo. I don't think there's anything wrong with being hugboxed at the beginning.
>>
>>6143082
>Susan's is a useful starting point
I found more up to date info on tumblr and lj, and it wasn't all being commented by older transitioners trying to make themselves feel better by pointing out they weren't self-medding whores.

Some of them would probably feel at home on r9k
>>
>>6143082
No it's not, they spread shit about hormones, surgery, and psychology that's been disproven for up to 20 years. For heaven's sake, some of them still talk about HBS.
>>
>>6143031
"Current Thinking on the Etiology of Gender Dysphoria
By Anne Vitale Ph.D."

"Gender identity, far from being absolute, appears to occur on a continuum, with most people gathered at either end, the rest being somewhere in between. Feelings of discomfort or complete inappropriateness about one's assigned sex do not mean the individual is wrong or ill. It simply means that the assignment made at birth almost universally on the shape of one's genitals can, on occasion, differ from the unseen brain imprint."

"Once in the fetal brain, testosterone is either metabolized into dihydrotestosterone by an enzyme named 5 alpha reductase or converted to estradiol by an enzyme called aromatase. Counterintuitively, increased estrogen receptor activation is responsible for defeminization while increased androgen receptor activation seems to be responsible for masculinization. All this makes clear that there is nothing straightforward about an individual being born with a gender identity that matches their biological sex."

For an individual's brain to develop with a representation of their body as predominantly male, they must not only be exposed to sufficient testosterone, but this testosterone must also be released with the correct timing, as there is a relatively short time frame in which the brain is susceptible to defeminisation. If this does not occur, the gender map may be "partially imprinted as male"
>>
>>6143031
dysphoria is the only guaranteed 100 percent symptom of being trans
>>
>>6143219
>quoting one random psychologist that has no formal scientific training or expertise but that is loved by all the agp hons because she validates them and calls them "type 3 Transsexual"
>>
>>6143031
>but some seem very rude and frankly make me sort of reconsider all of my decisions.
So you decide to ask on 4chan?
>>
>>6143219
Absolute bullshit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
>>
>>6145034
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reime

doesnt disprove what was said, if anything, corroborates it.
get some reading comprehension kek.
>>
>>6145016

Wrong. It's hypothesis proposed. Nice try, read the following. http://www.avitale.com/

"I am a long standing member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) and a founding member of the Bay Area Gender Associates, a peer supervision and consultation group."

"DISSERTATION: History and Resolution of Sex/Gender Integration Needs as Experienced in Four Male-To-Female Transsexuals,
Professional School for Psychological Studies, San Diego, 1982

POST-DOCTORAL STUDIES Existential Psychotherapy with James F. Bugental Ph.D., 1983-91

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Dates: 1984 to Present --- Licensed Psychologist (Calif #PSY15764) in Private Practice.
Psychotherapy with individuals, couples, families, adolescents, groups.
Specialty: Gender identity issues."

Her CV:
http://www.avitale.com/PsyCurriculumVitae.htm
>>
>>6143031
FtM here. I came out when I was 11. I guess a sign is constant denial of being a set of defined gendered thing or different layout of brain as the male and female brain light up in different parts when solving problems/general life.
>>
>>6147187
please end me
constant denial of your gender and things*??
I need a nap
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.