[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gay (in the closet)femboy >at work >get along great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1440937119515.png (656 KB, 938x720) Image search: [Google]
1440937119515.png
656 KB, 938x720
>gay (in the closet)femboy
>at work
>get along great with my boss
>he seems like a really cool guy
>lots of other cool people at work aswell
>one guiy who is really well liked comes out as gay
>everyone is super supportive, boss is really cool about it
>gay guy leaves to move to another state
>few months later
>go out to dinner after work with work ppl + boss
>conversation comes out about the guy that left
>boss wont stop mentioning how hes gay
>makes a lot of "jokes" about him and his boyfriend
>most people laughing and agreeing

I can understand the outright hate people have towards gay people, that's fine aslong as we can ignore them. But this showed me a side of people where they act nice and accepting but behind closed doors are still making fun of you and totally find you weird. It just pushed me back further into the closest I think. I coulnd't handle not knowing how someone REALLY felt about it.

fuck this earth.
>>
>>6140114
Had a similar experience with some of my very closest friends.

Regardless of how much you think straight people are on your side, at the end of the day, they either:

1. Don't really give a shit about your sexuality, and not in a good way. They think of you as annoying because of it.

2. Secretly hate you for it.

I have yet to meet a straight person who genuinely respects my sexuality and sees it as a part of me, rather than an annoyance he has to deal with.
>>
>>6140114
>Cisgendered Heterosexuals regardless of gender are garbage.

In other news water is wet.
>>
>>6140114
I think this stuff is really really sad.
I don't understand what makes people so judgemental about it. who you go to bed with doesn't make you a different person all of a sudden. I like someone for who they are and not for who they sleep with and i really can't wrap my mind around it why that is even a concern to some people. that's bloody private in my opinion. and the only point where it actually would concern me who someone fancys is when I'm personally interested in that person.

>>
I'm black, so just imagine what I have to deal with. One of my friends doesn't even believe in bisexuality, and someone my mom knows threw a hot iron at her son when she found out he was gay.

Luckily I just have a thing for traps, so my power level is easy to hide.
>>
You know you can make jokes about people while still respecting them, right ? Making a joke about a gay coworker doesn't mean you're "hateful", especially if you've already proven you're perfectly ok with having him as an openly gay employee/coworker.

This trigger culture is starting to be a bit retarded, honestly.
>>
>>6140170
People in the number 1 category are the huge majority of people, and they actually do not give a shit. The fact that you classify people who don't give a shit about your sexuality in the category of "bad" people, because not giving a shit is somehow different in your head than "genuinely respecting your sexuality", says a lot about how awful of an annoying fag you must be.
As for category 2, people are allowed to hate you for any reason they want, just as you're allowed to hate them in return, as long as any of you breaks the law or impairs the life of the company.
>>
File: 1418490791786.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1418490791786.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
>>6140114
There's something you need to know and it's that homosexuality is something MOST people really aren't TOTALLY ok with.

I know the media tries to make you think otherwise, I mean, there's so much homosexual representation everywhere nowadays right? Well wrong, the only thing that this has achieved is making people pretend to be totally fine with it in public so they can virtue signal.
>>
>>6140594

I don't see how anyone can care that much, it effects them in no way.
>>
>>6140615
They don't care, for real. That doesn't mean they should be "TOTALLY ok" with it in the sense that they don't even acknowledge you're gay. Even then, as shown by other posters, faggots still feel oppressed because not caring is the equivalent of plotting another shoah on the gays.
People don't care about your haircut, and they'll still make jokes on it if they want to banter. That doesn't mean they're nazis.
>>
File: ¬_¬.jpg (21 KB, 536x510) Image search: [Google]
¬_¬.jpg
21 KB, 536x510
>>6140615

Yeah but they can at least be cool about it
>>
>>6140640

It depends on the situation. For them to go behind his back and talk shit is what pisses me off, I've cut friends off completely for that kind of behavior. Just making random gay jokes is nothing.
>>
>>6140114
The thing is, you will never truly know how people feel. The only thing you can have confidence in is what someone tells you themselves. Or what you directly and objectively observe. And even then that can be misconstrued.

If someone tells me that they are accepting of gay people, then that's it for me. I can't possibly know if that's actually true or not, so that's it.
>>
I've come a long way, I used to view gays as a bad thing ie;gay marriage is gaaaaaay, or wtf wheres the straight pride parade at, or OMG just be with a masculine woman with a strapon.

Now i view gays as a silly or funny sort of thing. I respect their choice, but its just a teensy bit harder to take them as seriously as a cishet male.

I kinda know that feel though gaybro. I'm a closet AGP and have kept it hidden for similiar reasons.
>>
>>6140170
I'm gay and I totally see it as annoying as fuck if they flaunt it like a flaming faggot all the time.

>>6140594
I accept this and see this is true in the sense that most will never fully accept it, it's just the way straights are that they are disgusted by the thought of ghey sex etc.
But it's all about the tolerance and understanding for it though, as long as you don't flaunt it most decent people will also not really mind about it too much provided they're not closed minded assholes.
>>
File: 141615574788.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
141615574788.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>6140114
News for you. People like to make gay jokes. It's not offensive in their head anyways, only in the way you yourself want to put it. You just worry way too much about what other people think about you if you came out or spaghettied and that combines with all the cheap comedies on the media about gays, so people tend to exaggerate to sound funny and have an "Amarite" moment.
(side note, if you search for 'Amirite', the first result will have this example: "Hey man? More like Gay-Man amirite?" pretty much further proving my point)

On other aspects of the topic. There was a gay guy in the other class in middle school who was a... well hard to put it into words. He used to post crap on social media about how he fucks his boyfriend, totally like someone average in their right mind. And in general was an antisocial asshole.
And guess what other picked on him for: Being gay.
If person X has a problem with person Y, mostly about personality, the mocking will start at the easiest target available. Most of the time people don't have a problem with gay, but if they hate them as a person, they will go for the low hanging fruit.
>>
>>6140114
I'm involved with a guy who is almost old enough to be of the Stonewall generation. He's always talking about "how far we've come" and how straight people are so cool and accepting of us now.

I don't have the heart to tell him how the general contempt for us is still alive and well, just underground.
>>
In general people will talk about you behind your back regardless of if you're gay. That's just how the world works.
Also if you work around a lot of women you can pretty much multiply that chance by a thousand that someone is gossiping about you.

Actually the best job I've ever had was with guys that were either ex-drug addicts or been to jail/prison or were just alcoholics and shit. Zero gossip, just good people to be around because they give zero shits about what anyone else does in their lives. Most of my other jobs have been non-stop gossip, doesn't matter if it's men or women, both gossip a fuckton and it kind of kills you inside.
>>
>>6141157
>general contempt
Fuck off with this victimisation complex bullshit, most straights who are decent enough people now don't care too much as long as you aren't some complete flaming faggot.
I believe it never will be fully accepted but at least tolerated by the decent people in society who are open minded enough.
>>
>>6141297
Tolerated perhaps, but a homosexual will never have the same respect as a heterosexual. That's just a fact, nothing to do with any "complex".
>>
>>6140114
>straight guys having respect for anyone that isn't a straight guy
It's very simple. They are a shitastic group of morons.
>>
>>6142929
I accept that most will never FULLY accept it due to the thought of gay sex which is disgusting but I still accept that as long as you keep it to yourself and you're not a flaming faggot, most decent people will still have plenty of respect for you, which is also a "fact".
So why would it matter at all? And literally who the fuck cares?

You were originally making it out as saying most of society dislikes gay people which is just compete bullshit nowadays.
>>
>>6142929
Nope, that is one nice little inferiority complex you've got going on there, pal
>>
do none of you have straight friends?
>>
>>6143287
I indeed do, I don't make being a fag a massive part of my identity and they don't really seem to mind too much.
Everyone in this thread must be some awful kind of flaming faggot to be made to feel this way by all straights.
I really couldn't call less beyond that.
>>
>>6143290
well some sort of weird bias is going on that's for sure
>>
>>6143296
Dude what the fuck you saying all straights secretly h8 gays!!1! fACT.
>>
>>6140114
How did the guy come out?
>>
>>6140561
Yeah, like Jamal, remember Jamal? His skin was so dark it looked like shit hahahahahaha. I bet he ate fried chicken every day and never got to meet his dad LOL
>>
>>6140545
I'm black too. Surprisingly, my family is pretty good when it comes to gay stuff. The highschool I went too was pretty great too. I think it just depends on the area you live in. Weirdly enough, I live in NC, so you'd think it would be worse than it is. It's honestly not bad here.
>>
>>6140114
Welcome to bigotry. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>6140640
Why do straight people so often feel entitled to have another human being put up with their mean-spirited, dehumanizing "jokes" on a regular basis? Why is it the fault of the gay person who terminates an unhealthy friendship, but not the person who brought that level of constant negativity to the table in the first place?

No one is owed gay friends and acquantances, and gay people don't owe their self-respect to asshole straight people who have a passive-aggressive axe to grind with homosexuality as a whole.
>>
>>6140170
>I have yet to meet a straight person who genuinely respects my sexuality and sees it as a part of me, rather than an annoyance he has to deal with.
God do I know this feel. Every friend I've ever had makes fun of fags behind their backs and won't hesitate to say some kind of hateful shit about gays if they see something about gays on tv or whatever.
I used to think I was an example of a straight guy that could be capable of it, but turns out I was in deep denial.
>>
>>6140334
back to tumblr with you

>I hate cisgendered heterosexuals for hating me/ my community
>Not seeing the irony
You ain't any better, bud
>>
>>6143399
Yeah, that shit's funny. It's also funny when people make jokes about white people being awkward squares that can't dance
>>
That's why I don't understand house faggots. They think they will be accepted when they act conservative and "good gays" but the truth is that those people will never accept them, they just laugh at him what a faggot he is once he leaves.

Only a gay man can love you. Find a bf and be happy, forget about the rest of this shitty society. I stopped even trying to please people it's just not worth it just to get breeders to accept me.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.