[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"We already knew" stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1461540206421.jpg (170 KB, 736x698) Image search: [Google]
1461540206421.jpg
170 KB, 736x698
Continuing from last thread, how many of you came out only to find that your friends/family already knew?
>>
Nope.
>>
>>6137923
Friends, yes.
Family, no.
>>
>>6137923
In my case, it was unfortunate that they knew, but couldn't accept it. Or understand it. I guess that being Irish, It's not that surprising, we still have a catholic dominated society.
>>
>coming out

Dumb meme.

I've never spoken about my sexuality to my family or friends, but they're aware of my preference. Being modest and discreet doesn't mean actively hiding anything. People can figure things out on their own.
>>
I waited till I'm 23 to tell anyone but my absolute closest couple of friends.

Turns out my mother suspected all along, and she was who I spent the most time hiding it from.

Hot damn, kill me.
>>
>>6137923
I'm trans and when I came out everyone told me they thought I was just gay, since I had never had a girlfriend or the like before.
>>
File: eeeeeeeeeeeee.png (38 KB, 339x371) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeeeeeee.png
38 KB, 339x371
>>6137923
good idea for a thread
have exactly the opposite
(red is me, blue is gay friend)
>>
>>6138064
same
>tfw being gay is a more acceptable excuse for no gf than simply being beta
>>
>>6138064
When I came out to my mom that I'm trans she thought was just meant a special kind of gay so she told me I've never been with a girl.

Now, she's changed that into thinking that every person I meet is a or was a dude... and it's really annoying.
>>
>>6138050
This. I've never had to “come out” yet they figured it out and I manage to keep it silent. When I bring home my boyfriend they treat him like a second son and refers to him as my “best friend” which is perfectly fine.
>>
came out as trans to my gf and she said she already knew. came out to my best friend and he said it was pretty obvious i was a girl inside and it was something he loves about me
not out to my family but my sister basically knows (she used to buy my presents from claire's accessories and stuff as teens). my mum might be a little surprised but she once assured me she'd be ok with me bringing boys home so she's aware i'm some sort of queer at least. my dad is repressed trans and wont be surprised eitther
basically none of my female friends will be surprised

idk how to boy
>>
>>6138366
>and loves that about me
>dad is repressed trans

You are gonna have to elaborate alittle more
Give this thread some meat
>>
>>6138366
>my dad is repressed trans
Is this common for trannies? Any biological, inherited link?
>>
>>6138402
I hope not. If my dad has some deathbed confession, I'd probably laugh at him and leave.
>>
>>6137923
when i came out to my mum, she said she suspected something but thought i was gay and was taken aback by shock at the whole trans thing.

since my mum kicked me out, my dad can tell something is up too. he's also spent at least the last decade asking stuff like "so do you have a girlfriend yet? no? a boyfriend?" and "look anon, if you're gay i don't mind, as long as you're happy".
if i were gay, he'd be very smug and gloat about "knowing all along".
i don't know how he will react when he finds out what i actually am.
a) he is as repulsed as my mum and disowns me
b) will still brag about "knowing all along" and appeal to the notion he was in the right ballpark
c) will honestly admit his surprise but accept me.

honestly i don't think anyone has been like "i knew it" yet. when i told my highschool best friend he said he didn't see that coming. i told another girl from highschool but we didn't know each other well enough during school for her to tell.
>>
>>6138560
Why'd she kick you out
>>
>>6138782
because she couldn't deal with me being trans. she was visibly repulsed and literally said it was harder for her to deal with than if i had died.
i mean i'm 23 and had moved back in with her at 22 after a mental breakdown that landed me in hospital... i need to be getting on my own feet, but the circumstances of getting kicked out y'know, where i don't have her in my corner for moral support or any support kinda hurts.
i would have loved it if she could just support my transitioning even with me living independently.
>>
>>6138395
>and loves that about me
i wasnt sure how he was going to react cause he can be a little homophobic (not intolerant but not very comfortable with it) i'd been scared about coming out for months and this response was so cute. it helped that he had just come up on his second bomb of mdma when i did it though lol

>dad is repressed trans
my mum told me when i was little that he had "always said he'd wanted to be a girl". i already wanted to be a girl at this point and this lead me to believe that all boys wanted to be girls really. he had long hair as a teen and was pretty miserable as far as i can gather. theres been a whole bunch of times hes reiterated that he'd be a girl if he could and made 'jokes' about wanting boobs and stuff. he's like 6'7" though so... you know... never had a chance really.. he isn't quite as overt with his femininity as me, but we're very similar all round

>>6138402
I've been wondering how common this is. im guessing not very though. i posted in a thread not long ago asking if any other trans folk happened to have a trans parent or family members. no responses though
>>
>>6138975
I'm still confused
How did he respond
>>
>>6138975
I think the reason your friend seemed homophobic was he was trying to compensate his own homosexuality. And the reason he loves it is because he had feelings for you and now that he knows you are gonna be a girl it's ok to date you
>>
>>6139427
so i blurt out that i'm trans and transitioning
he goes "...so...you're like... a woman trapped in a mans body kind of thing?
yeah thats pretty much it
he says "well... it is pretty obvious that there's like... a girl.... in you... and that's something i love about you"
then he asked me a bunch of questions about what transition involves and stuff for the next hour or so
he was a bit weird about the idea of srs and urged me not to get it,
i told him i wasnt planning on it currently but i might decide to someday
he said that whatever i do we'd still be friends

>>6139487
STOP YOU'LL JINX IT
>>
>>6139597
Sorry >.<
>>
>>6137923
Family had no idea
One friend so far had the impression that I didn't necessarily identify as my birth sex but wasn't sure if I was trans until I told her
One other friend I think might have a strong impression because of jokes she makes but I haven't told her yet because we're not very close
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.