[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so the AIDS attack in the 80's on gay male culture seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Aids-virus.jpg (43 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
Aids-virus.jpg
43 KB, 400x268
so the AIDS attack in the 80's on gay male culture seems to be a freak accident that came out of nowhere, but I was thinking...

do gay men historically have high incidents of sexual health issues?

Do you guys think that we could face another sex disease scare like HIV/AIDS because of gay men sexual habits and anal sex?
>>
well before AIDS the thing that usually fucked you was syphilis

ijm gonna say it makes a comeback
>>
>>6128740
They had prep drug trials. Gay men found to be less likely to contract/spread HIV while on prep ...but over 50% of those participating in the trials contracted some other STD. HIV is on the rise again for gay men. Prep is not a cure and will eventually/ has already produced resistant strains of HIV.
>>
>>6128769
my thinking is this:

there are many gay men who do not even know they have the virus

some percentage of those gay men could be having unsafe sex and getting different STDs in the process

their undiagnosed HIV and those STDs could mix and create a new potent virus

those men continue to have sex in the gay dating scene, infecting other men

that was just my thought process as I was awake all night.
>>
>>6128740
Anal sex is inherently more unsafe for the recievier since it doesn't have all the protections that a vagina has naturally.

There's also the fact that a lot of gay men choose not to use condoms since there's no risk of pregnancy and that's often the only thing stupid people are worried about.
>>
>>6128910
>worrying about faggots fagging up a brand new virus
nigger please, breeders with their herpes, HPV and epstein-barr viruses pose bigger danger to humanity than twinks and bears smashing each others' boypussies in their little isolated gay towns
>>
>>6130440
Who cares about breeders, I'm just worried about the gay community. Aids isn't a str8 people issue. It's a gay man's issue
>>
>>6131598
Anyone could get AIDS/HIV.

It's more prevalent in the gay community, but it doesn't mean it's solely some gay issue.
>>
>>6128740
Other stds don't have as much differentiation in infection rates between vag or anal. I doubt you'd find much historical statistics about gays anyway.
Syphilis historically is associated with prostitution, not gays. It spread among the military and early colonies quite rapidly.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.