[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw clean shave >tfw long hair >tfw still don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: tears.gif (506 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
tears.gif
506 KB, 500x283
>tfw clean shave
>tfw long hair
>tfw still don't pass
>still get called a "young man" or "handsome"
I am detransitioning bye
>>
>>6127426
I'm sure you look fine, honey.
>>
>>6127426
Find a way to change the world. They call me mad for wanting to research tapeworms, but there's a possibility that they can be used to stop rejection syndromes for bone transplants, and think about what that might mean. If not for yourself, do it for everyone else who find themselves in your situation in the future. Take your passion, and apply yourself. You'd be surprised what you might accomplish.
>>
>>6127426
how long is your hair? age?
>>
show picture
>>
>>6128644
Nope. There's anecdotal evidence that they secrete a toxin that suppresses the immune system. Being a Type 1 diabetic, and studying genetics, I took an interest in this as it could be used as a long term treatment that reduces, or even negates rejection syndromes, but more recent theories imply that it could be used to re-set the immune response. While most people are focusing on the allergen response side of this, I think that it could be put to better use in fighting rejection syndromes in transplants.

The only reason I'm posting this is because I'm probably going to fail my course, and I want this to be researched. I mean, I'll keep trying to pass, but hell, I'd love the odds of this succeeding to go up.
>>
>>6128605

Are you talking about gene splicing something from tapeworms? And it's weird to transplant bones anyway, isn't it? Even if we're just talking about the pelvis.
>>
>>6128685

What do you mean by resetting the immune response? What would that do? Are you a graduate student?
>>
>>6128686
>>6128685

Weird, but not overly uncommon. There's also research going into calcified lattices made from spider webs that's been shown to act as a scaffolding for natural bone, that forms around it once transplanted. It's a long process but it could be used to synthetically create bone transplants without needing a donor.

>>6128693
Not a graduate student, but a 3rd year in DCU who's taken an interest in it. I don't have a full understanding of it, but from what I was told about it at the Trinity College Chem/Mat Presentation where I heard about it, it's possible that after suppressing the immune system for a long enough period of time, it re-acclimatizes to many of the allergens, possible removing an allergic reaction. I believe, though I have no evidence for it, that it could be used for rejection syndromes due to the similar nature of the process.
>>
>>6128605
>If not for yourself, do it for everyone else who find themselves in your situation in the future

Why do they get to be happy and not me?

Fuck em
>>
>>6128732
I guess I operate off a different set of principles. I would uplift others, you would spite them. At least my way humanity as a whole progresses.
>>
File: bucket-of-crabs.jpg (84 KB, 400x334) Image search: [Google]
bucket-of-crabs.jpg
84 KB, 400x334
>>6128723

That's interesting about the immune response. But then I guess you would be need to kept in a bubble so your immune system doesn't recognize something like strep-throat as normal?

>>6128732

If you found out the reason it didn't happen to you too was because of people with the same mentality throughout previous generations, would that change your view at all?
>>
>>6128781
Corrrect. You'd need to be kept in an isolation chamber for an indefinite (read, I don't know how long) and then slowly re-introduced to common pathogens. Again, and I emphasize this, I have no evidence, but I suspect it to be the case.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.