[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel, /lgbt/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 750x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 750x544
How does this make you feel, /lgbt/?
>>
Amused. At last gays have someone to make fun of without feeling bad. It must be like what straight guys feel all the time.
>>
>>6126531
god this is the fucking worst
it's like blackface but for trannies
I fucking resent these tumblr fucks
>>
I don't care what some retarded peasant has to say. If you look hard enough for a retard saying some shit on literally any topic you'll find it.
>>
It makes me hope as many women as possible start taking hormones and once they grow out of their phase they look like fucking disasters
>>
>>6126531
My god I can fucking smell the entitlement. I don't know why these people think being trans is cool, it fucking sucks, and if I could I would love to "cure" my dysphoria and never have to worry about that shit again, and just live a normal life.

Then people like this come along and try to use it as a social +1 card, saying shit like "well I'm trans so..." to prove arguments and the like. What makes it even worse is that they are claiming the social "benefits" (like they're even really benefits at all, I mean seriously) without going through the pain and agony most of us trans people have to deal with for YEARS.

TL:DR I'm a bit butthurt by these entitled shits
>>
I don't get it, she's a girl so if she were transgender wouldn't she want to be referred as he?
>>
>>6126670
Apparently her excuse is being "genderqueer". She probably would also call herself non-binary, too.
>>
>>6126531
Reminds me of a friend of a friend of mine. She declared herself genderqueer based on what colour her aura is that day. But she still uses she pronouns because "she doesn't want to be like the people on tumblr are".

But really, it seems more like she uses the excuse that she's a guy that day as the reason why she didn't want to get dressed properly.
>>
>>6126695
Just offer to touch their clit and watch them squirm and spew vitriol and buzzwords at you
>>
>>6126695
>aura
Trans is the new indigo child.
>>
>>6126531
Nothing b/c I don't really know that back story about this person. I guess by the reactions this person is actually cis? Also, I can never keep straight wtf "genderqueer" actually means.
>>
>>6126715
Non-binary. Usually, but not always, engaged in actively exploring and experimenting with gendered presentations and expressions.
>>
>>6126707
She's got a girlfriend, so that's probably already happening.
>>
>>6126531
Literally who and why should I care?
>>
It turns out that genderqueer is an academically invented word for intentionally claiming ownership of the political conversation. It is used as an umbrella so that genderqueer = queer = non binary = transgender. It is primarily adopted by rich white cis females with at least middle class college education.
Unlike black face, it's an entire subversive political agenda.
>>
http://sandystone.com/empire-strikes-back.pdf

>Transsexuals who pass seem able to ignore the fact that by creating totalized, monistic identities, forgoing physical and subjective intertextuality, they have foreclosed the possibility of authentic relationships. Under the principle of passing, denying the destabilizing power of being "read", relationships begin as lies--and passing, of course, is not an activity restricted to transsexuals. This is familiar to the person of color whose skin is light enough to pass as white, or to the closet gay or lesbian... or to anyone who has chosen invisibility as an imperfect solution to personal dissonance. Essentially I am rearticulating one of the arguments for solidarity which has been developed by gays, lesbians and people of color. The comparison extends further. To deconstruct the necessity for passing implies that transsexuals must take responsibility for all of their history, to begin to rearticulate their lives not as a series of erasures in the service of a species of feminism conceived from within a traditional frame, but as a political action begun by reappropriating difference and reclaiming the power of the refigured and reinscribed body.

>The essence of transsexualism is the act of passing. A transsexual who passes is obeying the Derridean imperative: "Genres are not to be mixed. I will not mix genres." [51] I could not ask a transsexual for anything more inconceivable than to forgo passing, to be consciously "read", to read oneself aloud--and by this troubling and productive reading, to begin to write oneself into the discourses by which one has been written--in effect, then, to become a (look out-- dare I say it again?) posttranssexual. [52]

Choice bits from one of the papers blamed for the genderqueer theory that started 20 years ago. Don't pass. Be a posttranssexual.
>>
>>6126905
Ahh, I do so love reading Sandy Stone.

Worth noting, in that era "passing" was synonymous with being "stealth".
>>
>>6126905
This reminds me of one (cis) friend I have, who treats the idea of "passing" with disdain. She wonders why transsexuals even feel like they need to pass, when they should just "do whatever the hell they want anyway". As in, she dreams of a world where anyone could say "I'm a woman/man.", look and act nothing like one, and no one would question them.

Honestly though, I feel like that mindset is something that can only be brought about by being exposed to an overly-liberal university, or tumblr. Otherwise I don't know where the kids are getting stupid ideas like this.
>>
>>6127036
> she dreams of a world where anyone could say "I'm a woman/man.", look and act nothing like one, and no one would question them.
>dreams of
>recognizes this isn't the world we live in
>wonders why transsexuals even feel like they need to pass
how dumb is this person
>>
>>6127101
I don't think she's particularly dumb, just that she's fallen for the meme of "be ultra-accepting of everyone or else you're a privileged shitlord REEE". Oftentimes the "ultra-accepting" rhetoric just makes absolutely 0 sense.
>>
>>6126531
Like shit
>>
>>6126905
>>6127023
>>6127036
>>6127101
>>6127182
You should read up on the history that led to the rise of the Gay Liberation Front and the history the T played in the early LGBT movement. It's morbidly interesting to find out how much of a big role the T played, simultaneously used and shut down by assimilationists. In the early days passing wasn't as possible and they had to learn to take what they could get as homeless people. Seems like drag queens arose as a comping mechanism in an otherwise hostile society. You can see how attitudes changed by subtle things too, STAR changed the T to Transgender from Transvestite. They essentially get criticized for not passing and being agents of the male empire. Then they get criticized for passing and being secret agents of the male empire. A double standard existed surrounding FtM acceptance in lesbian communities too. So you had a situation where all these educated white gay men and educate white feminists would throw out protections for transsexuals to make proposals more appealing for the straight society.
I would wager it is still going to be a few decades because transgender people close the education gap in academic discourse.
The whole situation is interesting but also very fucked up when you get down to it.
>>
File: 1455935674274.gif (308 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
1455935674274.gif
308 KB, 500x272
>>6127354
>mfw anon is conversant in the history of lgbt, and especially trans, activism
I didn't think I'd live to see this day. Thank you, beautiful Anon.
>>
>>6127354
Hopefully before that happens, all trans people will be put in camps.
>>
File: 1459329310098.jpg (57 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1459329310098.jpg
57 KB, 600x476
>>6126531

Like I couldn't care less.
>>
>>6127354
Although, passing being less possible in those days is something of a simplification. In the vicinity of Harry Benjamin's 'era' (before, and for some time after), trans people were only given medical assistance assuming they came across as a good fit for passing (you can see the successors to this particular gatekeeping ideology here: "if you don't pass before ____, don't transition"). The likely candidate would often then be put through a sort of finishing school by the doctors treating them, being expected to live up to their standards and stereotypes before being allowed to progress. The ultimate goal (per physician demand) was to completely eliminate the patient's past, and have them start a new life fresh. Hormones were available and used (if very differently from how we do today), but only by those who made it past the gatekeepers. Medically transitioning was a very significant privilege for quite some time. Things have gotten so much better that it's amazing they're still not good.
>>
>>6126531
Who? Why would I care about some random weirdo?
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1024x764
>>6126531
Femboy not trans so I get to say I've got nothing to do with these clowns.
>>
>>6127619
i agree that less gatekeeping is a good thing, but then again you have the legit mentally ill/sjw trannies transitioning and running amuck ruining the image of the trans community.
>>
>>6131337
they rarely actually transition. i'm yet to hear about them going beyond, at most, a few months on HRT.
>>
>>6126531
Ok whatever.

I'll never run into these people in life. I only hear about them online.

And I'm not eager to meet them at my local gay center, so I'm indifferent.
>>
>>6127589
>m-muh day of rope any day now! no guys, s-stop laughing I'm really serious this time! the habbening is gonna really happen for real this time!
>>
>>6131341
Yeah like the original "cis scum" girl.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.