[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
probably gonna go straight to page 10!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Does anyone have any tips to help manage gender dysphoria in a non social aspect where i stay firmly in the closet and try to hide myself from my girlfriend and everyone else I know

because spending a day in a dress (while she's on a business trip) has not at all brought forth the soothing dealing with urges I expected

CRIPPLING DEPRESSION AND DRINKING now that it brought on but like hashtag yolo i dont know someone give me advise or something i honestly dont think anyone will be able to help but maybe if i continually beg someone will bring forth the elixir of life and i wont feel like offing myself
>>
>>6122560
>Does anyone have any tips to help manage gender dysphoria in a non social aspect where i stay firmly in the closet and try to hide myself from my girlfriend and everyone else I know

No.
>>
>>6122560
nope
>>
The best way to repress is to never understand that you are repressing. That way you can last 50+ years before the undefined depression makes you seppuku.
However, once you realize that you're trans the floodgates start to open. Sorry, son; your best course of action is actively working toward being a girl.
>>
Lobotomy
>>
>>6122560
pimozide 2mg
>>
>>6122736
>dank meme
>>
>>6122775
It has been shown to work with certain types of discomfort with gender things. It might not work for everyone but those people have probably already transitioned.
>>
>>6122791
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
>Pharmacotherapy with pimozide should be considered in cases of doubtful gender dysphoria.
What did he mean by this?
>>
well this is depressing as i thought it would be BRB GONNA BOMBARDE RANDOM MEMBER OF CHATROULETTE WITH TMI
>>
>>6122791
>An adult male patient with a borderline learning disability presented with cross-dressing and a strong wish to undergo a sex change.
An antipsychotic drug with serious side-effects pacified a borderline retard's tranny feels for all of a year. Success, concludes study with sample size of 1.

Stop leaning on this shit, /pol/.
>>
>>6122933
Get in therapy, anon.
>>
>>6122560
Im personaly still not on tittie skittles yet so i have to deal with the feeling every day. What i do is i got my medical weed card and i take low dosage edtibles every day after work. Not enogh to really notice the high that much, i can still drive and be normal but im just happy
>>
>>6122560
>CRIPPLING DEPRESSION
go see a therapist anon. find out if your depression is actually coming from gender dysphoria or from something else. hrt will eventually change your brain chemistry and you will not be the same person you are now and there will be no going back.
>>
>>6123217
>you will not be the same person you are now and there will be no going back.
Thank GOD, am I right?
>>
>>6122947
What study? He's a doctor and published his findings. If you want to combat /pol/ boogiemen you should try to learn how the world works. Instead of taking your education from 4chan which teaches everything should be statistical correlations.
>>
having a girlfriend is a good way of being constantly reminded of all you can't have. dump her and get a weight liting gf.
>>
>>6122866
It's hard to diagnose someone and difficult to control for false testimony. A diagnosis isn't a guarantee for a valid identified disorder. There are instances where a man has had a mid life crisis, transitioned and then realized his mistake. WPATH recommends half a year to make sure the patient actually suffers from gender dysphoria and not some other problem. If the doctor is unsure there might recommend other treatments first.
>>
>>6122560
the best thing to do is to not stay in the closet. the more you repress and the longer you go on living a charade the more and more you will hate yourself, untill it gets to the point were u come out at age 50 and become a mega hon, or until you finally snap and kill yourself.

so yea go see a therapist op, and start planning on comming out.
>>
>>6123283
I love scientists that talk about the known universe or string theory and parallel universes. YAAAAS sample size of fucking 1 am I not right? Fucking scientists when will they learn.
>>
>>6123360
It's medicine, you can't expand the sample size if people don't publish their results. Complain that the anon saw it as relevant, the practice is fine.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.