[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do hormones make people so mean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1437856165014.png (48 KB, 228x225) Image search: [Google]
1437856165014.png
48 KB, 228x225
Why do hormones make people so mean?
>>
>>6119823
It's not the mones, you just deserve it.
>>
they had the opposite effect for me.
>>
>>6119823

A lack of testosterone in men causes depression. Depression leads to psychological projection.
>>
>>6119855
I'm the one on hormones
>>
>>6119855
>A lack of testosterone in men causes depression.

Hmm hrt has made me feel really goo, I guess I'm not actually a man. Thanks for the validation anon! ^.^
>>
>>6119899

Lack of testosterone in men only causes depression if it's not replaced with estrogen - that's why it's not recommended for people wanting to look androgynous to take androgen blockers for too long without also taking estrogen to replace it.

The other reason is that having both low estrogen and testosterone causes osteoporosis.
>>
>>6119823
Maybe you're just a bitch
>>
>>6119823

Because the longer most people are on the them, the more they realize they're hideous and they've wasted their time. So they take out their anger on others including posting about wrong I am ;^)
>>
>>6119823
Mainly it's because until your body gets used to the hormone change, you are an emotional rollercoaster and typically get irritable at the drop of a hat. By the time a year has rolled around most people have stabilized a bit and will be more in control of their emotions.
>>
>>6119823
which ones exactly?
testosterone rises aggression
lack of testosterone (anti-androgens) contribute to depression
estrogen effects are fairly complex, can lower depression but rise anxiety
progesterone has some mood effects as well (dont remember, not going to lie)
>>
>>6119899
you dont have to be a man, AAs cause depression in women too (25%~30% depression rate on cypro, source wiki/pubmed)
>>
>>6120644

This tbhf. It's easier to live life as your birth sex than chase a never ending dream if you're trans. Just let go. You will feel much better, like having a weight lifted off of you.
>>
>>6126428
>Just let it go.
Great medical advice here for mental disorders.
Have anxiety disorder?
>Just let it go and stop worrying.
Have clinical depression?
>Just let it go and be happy.
Have schizophrenia?
>Just let it go and stop being crazy.
Etc., etc.
>>
>>6126479

But those disorders don't make the person want to change their appearance.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.