[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are good ways of measuring someone's likelihood of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Zac_Efron_9_2012-774x1024.jpg (145 KB, 774x1024) Image search: [Google]
Zac_Efron_9_2012-774x1024.jpg
145 KB, 774x1024
What are good ways of measuring someone's likelihood of passing? You see all the time that ugly men usually make ugly women, though sometimes there are exceptions. Is there anything to look for in terms of facial features or can you just start pumping estrogen into a Chad and he'll look feminine (with long hair, makeup, etc.)?
>>
>>6117022
it's a matter of why someone is an ugly or attractive man. the scales of attractiveness and masculinity are different.
>>
>>6117022
If somebody looks feminie, or already like a girl, before E, then they'll likely pass, at least facially.
Or if somebody already looks like a guy, before T, then they'll probably pass, facially.

That's how simple it is.
>>
>>6117022
> You see all the time that ugly men usually make ugly women,
you are blind then

generally there's a negative correlation:
- ugly men make attractive women
- attractive men make ugly, honnish women

reason: the same features that make a woman attractive (soft, neotenous features) make a man ugly while features that make men attractive instantly make women repulsive
>>
>>6117022
Cheekbones wider than your jaw.
>>
>>6117080
That's a pretty good explanation, though 2 men who are considered to be very good looking based on both of them having the same exemplary facial structure (forward maxilla) can look less masculine than the other.

I'm sure there's a more feminine example, likely a Korean kpop guy, but just for the sake of comparison - Zac Efron would likely look a lot better as a girl than Usher would.
>>
>>6117101
That doesn't make sense but ok
>>
>>6117101
Whereabouts are you measuring (side of the head compared to the width of near the chin)? Head shape may come into play, though in terms of scientific beauty, someone like Angelina Jolie with a square jaw (some people call it "masculine") is more beautiful than the average round/oval face shaped female (in terms of measuring beauty anyways).
>>
I've noticed whether it's Reddit or here or whatever tranny Circle people think that passing is all about looks. Yeah passing has a lot to do with looks but if your voice is manly, your body language is manly or your vibe you put off is manly it doesn't matter if you look passing cuz that'll give it away. Passing is a cocktail of so much bullshit you can't just say oh that person has a feminine face they will Pass
>>
>>6117108
> Zac Efron would likely look a lot better as a girl than Usher would.
Well that's hard to predict, really. Sure Usher has a big nose but that's nothing hard to fix. Cross-racial analysis/prediction can be a little tricky because the same set of rules that applies to one race may not apply to another.
>>
>>6117080

Doesn't that depend on your definion of what ugly is, exactly? A lot of people find soft, neotenous, feminine features attractive on both sexes, and there's also guys who look so overly masculine as to look gross such as a massive square chin or a receding hairline, an overly gaunt face, etc.

Then there's just general differences in people's faces that aren't related to their sex that can look ugly or attractive.
>>
File: ryan-gosling-08.jpg (1 MB, 2469x3600) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-08.jpg
1 MB, 2469x3600
The biggest thing to look for is how large and stretched out someones face is and how overly developed their jaw and chin is vertically.

The best passers have shallow jaws and smaller/more compact faces.

Facial features are literally everything.

Zac effron would be a beautiful girl especially with a little ffs to soften his jawline and give him a truly feminine forehead. Why? Because his head is medium sized and balanced, his jaw is shallow and the distance between his eyes/lips/chin is not all stretched out and exaggerated. Is forehead isn't super tall either.

Someone like Ryan Gosling as a counter example would look like an awful woman because his lower face is very vertically developed, he has smallish eyes that are close set and a tall forehead and prominent chin.
>>
>>6117080
Ugly men hardly ever make attractive women. Ugly men make passable women though because ugly men usually have weak soft jaws, receded chin, and soft looking faces with little bone definition. This is not what an attractive woman looks like however.
>>
>>6117115
It does represent a clue because cheek bones wider than jaw indicates the persons face may be balanced enough horrizontally to make up for typical male vertical cranial "over"developement
>>
>>6117165
> soft, neotenous, feminine features
These features can make men cute looking and many gay men tend to have those for some reason but most straight men would get upset about having them.
>>
>>6117157
I think both usher and zac efron would look pretty good as female, again with light ffs to soften the "hard edges" developed by the fact that they are 25+ yo men.

Usher has a big ass nose but his african and thats just an african thing lots of black girls have huge ass noses like his. Usher has a shallow jaw and pretty square face rather than overly vertically developed so I think he would look just fine. To compare, someone like that black guy from star wars would look AWFUL has a woman because his lower face is super masculine.
>>
>ITT people fight over their personal beauty standards
I for one think Zac Efron is fugly
>>
File: soundboards-1-0-s-307x512.jpg (37 KB, 307x512) Image search: [Google]
soundboards-1-0-s-307x512.jpg
37 KB, 307x512
Anthropologists of /lgbt/, would young Mintz-Plasse make a decent girl?
>>
>>6117196
I assume by shallow jaws, you mean a short length from the start (by the ear) to the end (the chin)? I ask because it seems like this feature would be random or possibly from a lack of testosterone during puberty, as the other features in Zac that people admire - wide smile, short distance between nose and mouth, etc. come from his forward maxilla, which is a result of proper tongue posture, resting jaw position (didn't have his mouth open during sleep as a kid for example) and strong masseter muscles from constant chewing - aka something you can fix to a great degree regardless of genetics.
>>
>>6117255
What would "light ffs" constitute? Sometimes I look at ffs procedures and turn pale from fear - reading about forehead reconstruction and jaw work is disgusting.

>>6117310
I think other so called dreamboats are gross too, but I used Zac as an example because scientifically he is good looking. Even someone as attractive as Katy Perry doesn't have the ideal facial structure (by ideal I mean it didn't grow to its full potential; she has some tooth crowding, which means there was an issue)
>>
>>6117325
"All he needs is a good haircut" - delusional /r9k/ poster
>>
>>6117130
In my own case, I would like to look like a girl as much as possible and maybe just have a softer/higher voice (it doesn't have to be female levels). I don't necessarily equate what I want with being trans, it's more of an appearance thing, so passing in every area doesn't matter to me. The femboy gens are basically just gay men who for the most part don't look like girls at all, so this gen is likely more fitted for what I'd post about.
>>
File: Trans 1.jpg (73 KB, 441x750) Image search: [Google]
Trans 1.jpg
73 KB, 441x750
I don't have a very sharp eye for these sorts of things - can any of you perhaps see what made this mtf's transition so well? It's harder to tell because there is no before photo and I don't know how many surgeries, if any, were done. Starting hrt at a young age is the only thing I can deduct.
>>
>>6117525
weak chin + round face

but i am concerned about that concealed forehead
>>
>>6117664
Yeah I was going to say I guarantee you she doesn't look like that outside of photograph. I mean look she's got her forehead concealed she's looking at the camera at an angle like a downwards angle. I never trust how well someone passes unless the picture is not at an angle and a picture of their face head-on. That shows your true form
>>
>>6117525
Weak and shallow features.
>>
>>6117364
Light means that its not like "holy shit you have a huge ass chin and will be minimize it as much as possible butwecant guarantee you will be in female range. "

Light is like "if we did NOT work on your mandible it would be uncommonly strong for a female but not all together male.
>>
>>6117335
Yes but vertical. I'm talking VERTICAL. Not anterior/horrizontal jaw projection which as far more variance within sexes
>>
>>6117810
>a picture of their face head-on. That shows your true form
yeah it does but even that can be misleading or not telling you the whole story

i mean i look fairly good from the front but absolute shit from the profile (big nose, possible brow bone etc)
>>
>>6118180
How can you tell if you have a prominent brow bone? I still don't know where to find it.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 630x1200
>>6118462
When the brow bone is literally bulging out like pic related
>>
>>6118499
His actually iisnt that bad though. He just has orbital rims. Buldging brow looks different. Its just unnattractive on everyone but ESPECIALLY mtfs
>>
>>6119060
I've never even noticed it to be a feature in my own face or anyone else's; I didn't know it was a thing until I looked on an ffs site.
>>
Bump It - Girl's Generation
>>
n e buddy?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.