[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you chose not to transition how do you cope with dysphoria?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Haruka_Nanase_Ep1_HQ.png (673 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Haruka_Nanase_Ep1_HQ.png
673 KB, 1280x720
If you chose not to transition how do you cope with dysphoria? I'm at a point where I'm thinking of suicide daily. Please help me.

I'm ftm if that matters.
>>
>>6115453
Just transition, you're FTM so you're almost guaranteed to pass if you take hormones. What are you even worried about?
>>
>>6115469
maybe he has a husband and kids?
>>
>>6115492
My point still stands. To go on with the relationship without transitioning would be dishonest, to even start it was.

Besides they're thinking of sudoku. This is not the time to worry about what their husband and kids will think. OP could be suffering a whole lot less right now.
>>
>>6115492
>implying a well-adjusted female would ever be on 4chan

Good one, anon
>>
by drinking and crying a lot

>>6115492
>he
don't misgender her. she chooses to be a woman.
>>
>>6115469
>>6115492
I'm my parents only daughter. I want through therapy, got diagnosed with GID, and almost started T. I see my parents cringe every time I talk about gender stuff.

They got annoyed and upset whenever I asked them to call me my boy name and eventually I stopped bringing it up because I felt so guilty.

I feel like I'm hurting my whole family and it makes me want to kill myself but that would hurt them too
>>
>>6115556
Well you should not be sacrificing your well-being for what your parents think. Perhaps if you transition, after long enough, they'll start coming around.

Either way, you should be putting yourself first here. You will deeply regret wasting your life living it for their sake, and after they're dead, it'll all have been for nothing and you'll have destroyed your whole life.

You want to know what to do to make the suicidal thoughts go away. The answer: transition. Fuck what your parents think, let them deal with it, and either come around eventually, or not. It doesn't matter, you can't live a normal life happily without transitioning.

You may be their only daughter, but it's not your fault you wound up as trans. They made you, and when they made you they should have accepted the fact that their kid might have their own needs and desires in life.

Besides, it really doesn't matter if you have any daughters. It's sons that matter. Daughters don't pass on the family name, unless they're turbo sluts. They can put up with it. My mom eventually came around, even though I was her last hope for a grandkid.
>>
>>6115453
try occupy your mind with something you have interest on that would take your mind off your dysphoria for the time being
but that's only temporary and you still have to deal with the result of your decisions of not transitioning
>>
>>6115633
I'll try this

In middle and high school I forced myself into wearing makeup and being super feminine but it didn't help at all with the dysphoria. I still wanted to be a boy. Fuck I still do. :(
>>
I'm an AGP and smoke weed erryday. It seems to help. I try to focus on the upsides of pretending to be a cismale. I also try to remind myself how much transistion would screw up my life. I try to be chill and have fun and not worry about being perceived as manly. I remind myself that being a shitty facismile of a woman is not the same as having been born a ciswoman. I'd rather make the most of my life as a male and take a chance on reincarnation(or life after death where this gender shit becomes meanigless).

The choice is easier for me since I get to choose between cismale and hon.

OP what causes you dysphoria about being a female?
>>
File: 1436043289885.gif (373 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1436043289885.gif
373 KB, 500x250
It depends on each person, for this thread I'll imagine that you have a plethora of reassons to not transition and it's not just being scared or wanting to live an easier life.
You need a primary focus on your life and an exhaust pipe for your disphoria. If you only think about this, the issue will grow and grow beyond all control. Even if you then transition your life will be all about just your gender. Focus on the things you want to do as a human being, whether you are male or female. Studies, hobbies, achievements, creations, whatever, things you want to do and requiere you to get good at them.
Then you need something to make the disphoria tolerable, ways of being more manly in your day to day life. If you magically turned into a boy right now, there are a lot of things that would make you look affeminate. There are many things you can change that aren't affected by hormones. Atitudes, mannerisms, the way of thinking. You can work on those things and you will be feel a bit better, and if some day in the future you actually transition you already have worked those elements out and you'll pass better.
>>
>>6115453
Do as I do, as I am in the same situation
Play videogames with male alts and do nothing else all day
Profit
Not really but at least you'll develop responsive reflexes.. I guess
>>
>>6116233
Hello me ten years ago. It ends in suicide, f y i.
>>
>>6116264
Are you a ghost?
If I have to live as a male I'd rather be a male ghost.
>>
>>6116233
Am you me or is me you?
>>
>>6115453
I tried to fight it. I couldn't. If I didn't start transition 9 years ago, I surely would have blown my head off a long time ago.

Just do it! Transition! Now! Stop waiting!
>>
>>6116287
I have a feminine penis
>>
>>6116264
>>6116288
So apparently it's THIS common
I lack the will to do anything else, to me it's like a state of damage control\standby otherwise I'd off myself
I'll either grow out of this or shoot myself in the face, don't know yet
>>
>>6116458
Do all ghosts get feminine penises?
You're making suicide sound pretty good.
>>
>>6116518
It's incredibly common.
In my case I live in a country where transitioning isn't a real option, so I try to focus on non sexual interests and keeping my mind out of how much I'd like to cut off my dick.
>>
>>6116546
In my case it's due to the fact I can't really afford such a demanding course of action, not money-wise but because I've been taking care of my sick mother for an extremely long time, I can't pull a transition on her at the moment, she only has me and it would be egoistic of me to impose such a heavy burden on her
Maybe in the future when, and if, she gets better and I'm finally independent, but not now
I don't even know how it works here for transitioning
Where are you from anon? Is it really that impossible? Isn't there a nearby country where the procedure is allowed to fly to and get your shit done?
>>
>>6115453
>I'm ftm if that matters.
For fucks sake you won the genetic lottery by being born cis female
>>
>>6116535
All heros get feminine penises, anon.
>>
>>6115665
Lol it's only going to get worse, there's no getting off this ride.
>>
>>6115556
You can't live for your parents, familia.
>>
>>6116582
Except he isn't cis.
>>
>>6116571
argenfag
>allowed
If you ask the right people you can transition for free and the law says you can change your legal gender if you want at any point.
The problem is that the society is absurdely close and 99% of the times you'll end up in prostitution. Every year dozens of transgirls are killed because drunk people get really mad at them. I'm not good enough at my field to be needed and protected no matter what I do, so at least as a man I can exploit how machist this society is.
I try to settle for being as feminine as I want since I'm more of a motherly type than a crazy fag, but I still want to cry each time I look at the mirror. Life goes on.
>>
>>6116571
Same, but I look after my dad. When he gets back on his feet I'll either transition or do an hero. Haven't decided yet.
>>
>>6116590
Time to travel abroad, bby. Go spread your wings. It can't be force than suffering in silence.
>>
>>6116590
So it's more of a social obstacle in your case, I see. You get no harassment for being a feminine guy though? Maybe going for a "femguy" type of aesthetics would ease the pain.
I know how shitty it is to look at the mirror, most of the time I pretend I'm not seeing anything and dissociation is hitting hard at the moment.
>>
>>6116593
Yes those are my two chosen options too, I already have organized the an-heroing tools and all in case I lose my shit, right now I'm not doing it just for mom
Once the situation changes I don't really know if it will be too late or I'll be too fucked up to do anything else but blow my head up
>>
>>6116599
I've met dozens of expats, exhile was a big thing during my parents' time. It's a nasty thing to live in a place where you barely have any connection. Also, I'm not good enough to get a job wherever I want so the issue of paying for transition would compensate the possibility of having it besides the fact of being able to do the things I like while transitioning.
Being confortable with my body < having a fulfilling life
>>
>>6115453
If you are considering suicide daily because you're not a man, I think it's time to transition. Your family will go through a grieving process and will need to adjust their expectations for your life, but I'm sure they'd rather do those things than grieve your death.
>>
>>6116606
For a year or two I fully stopped looking at the mirror and just went around looking like a hobo.
As I said, I'm feminine in a sort of relaxed way so most people don't tend to get mad. I'm sure that if I acted like a flamming faggot everyone would hate me, but I don't want to be like that and I don't feel like a woman doing that.
I'm gonna start teaching HS soon so I'll see how much harassment I get from little kids. It should be fun (for everyone besides me).
>>
>>6116644
Eh, good luck on that mate. Little kids are a bunch of insufferable cunts, at least you'll get to test your patience limits
Just remember, quit before you smash someone's head on their desk
>>
>>6116653
My mental training is that I can just burn them much worse than anything they want. If some kid asks me if I'm gay I'll just tell them that it's wrong to fall in love with a teacher, if someone questions how I act I'll tell them that it's hard getting a career in the police force, or shit like that. I think I've become socially capable enough to deal with it, I'm much more afraid of the stamina needed to be around so much people expecting things of me.
>>
>>6115453
Why is it so much more common for ftms to choose not to transition? Or is it just one ftm autist posting all these threads?
>>
>>6116826
aren't there a lot of health risks involved in going on T? like cancer, vaginal atrophy, liver disease
>>
>>6115556
>letting your parents guilt-trip you
sheesh
>>
>>6117204
Liver damage is a risk with any medicine and is easily preventable.

Vaginal atrophy is common, it's the same thing that happens to old ladies during menopause. Topical estrogen cream fixes it.

Some studies show an increased ovarian cancer risk, some don't.
>>
>>6117417
I mean if I decided to go on T I would remove both my ovaries and my uterus too, not just my breasts, so ovarian cancer would go fuck itself
>>
>>6115556
so we have 2 situations here:
transition and 'hurt your family' - you feel better and are alive

kill yourself and 'hurt your family' - your family is still hurt but you are dead. They probably realise they would rather have had a living son than a dead daughter and feel even worse.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.