[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (428 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
428 KB, 640x1136
Isn't it cool that there are only two genders?
>>
>>6113670
All of those cases are true.

Why would your IQ define your intelligence? If it mattered you would use it to get into college and put it on your CV for high IQ jobs.

Why would your physique define how fit you are? If that was ever the case army recruitment agencies and sport scouts would set up near male strip clubs. You could use your modeling portfolio to get physical labor jobs.

Why would your semen define your child? You're just supplying some of their genes and the mother supplies the rest. That just gives you initial starting conditions but it doesn't decide which genes get turned on and off. If semen defined children men would spawn clones every time they fapped.
>>
Isn't it cool that there's only two sexes based on if you produce egg or sperm cells instead of your chromosomes or shape of your genitals and that there are countless genders since gender and sex are not synonymous even though they match up most of the time
>>
File: 1238734238432.jpg (42 KB, 400x458) Image search: [Google]
1238734238432.jpg
42 KB, 400x458
>>6116078
>countless genders
>>
>>6113670
>IQ/Intelligence
Well, no, it doesn't. It meassures your visual correlation and response time. Just because you can ace the IQ test in the minimal amount of time, doesn't mean that you could create new theories in a scientific field or expand through years of labor an overly complex field like theoretical mathematics. It doesn't even mean you could work a lego set.
IQ test are only 100% great for deciciding things like jet pilots or other fields where you need to quickly identify patterns and use a predesigner answer. Like a monkey would.

>Physique/Fittness
I'm not american, maybe I'm comfusing the words, but I'd believe that one relates to your general body and the other the state it's in?

>Semen/Child
Men add less than females, so in proportion your semen doesn't define your child.

Also, every comparison is a different kind of relationship.

>pic
>part define the whole
>IQ
>Test meassure the whole
>Body type
>He's going for synonims
>Semen
>Causation

He's a really dumb dude...
>>
as everyone else pointed out his points make no sense, but other than that why does genitals define gender

Like it or not but in out culture we do have a difference of gender and sex, not in a tumblr way but in a everyday we interact with people along gender lines while not checking their genitals and chromosomes. Obviously our perception of gender is deeper than just genitals
>>
>>6116185
Shut up, if you have a dick you like sports and if you ahve a vagoo you like cleaning. THat's how it's always been, haven't you watched The Flintstones?
>>
>>6116078
Sex in biology is based on the size of the cells or some esoteric lore not the function of the cells.
>>6115323
>>6116162
IQ test was invented to signal which retarded kids needed extra help to catch up with the other kids.
It didn't stop racist to try and use it to say that black people in the army are retarded. Big history of being used to make other claims like that too.
>>
File: tumblr_nj406lVZDi1rnkjlvo1_500.png (111 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj406lVZDi1rnkjlvo1_500.png
111 KB, 500x505
Here's what's real:
>cis female
>cis male
>ftm
>mtf
The rest of non-binary bullshit is bullshit
Fight me on this
>>
>>6116185
It's like watching cartoons. We can watch cartoons when we're really young and follow along. It's more normal to us to understand a movie about ants that act like men and women than ants that act like ants. Our brain goes oh yeah, I get that, ants are just like me, but tiny and red. Same thing happens with other humans.

You're just really lucky that by sheer coincidence lots of things you can't see with the naked eye make members of the same species roughly the same. Hormones like this, testosterone receptors do nothing without testosterone and vice versa. So when you get them both together they look at the DNA in the cell and they start flicking all these gene switches on and off like its nobodies business.

The only thing that really matters is which switches are on and which are off. For male sex the switches have to be configured in a male pattern. At some point during the development of the baby the genitals are going to grow with switches in one pattern or the other. After that the process is mostly self sufficient because the gonads deliver different hormones for sex. Sure it can happen one area gets developed with one pattern while another group of cells are developed with another pattern. Our body ends up being like a patchwork cloth of our genetics.

Different traits are correlated to different sex. The gray lines get blurred when the cognitive apparatus is about to take sensory inputs and through some magical process nobody has figured out hey presto human consciousness. The cell configuration is always going to affect that magical process to some degree. It makes sense that these organisms can organize themselves and take on the different gender roles.

The brain isn't that smart though, it doesn't know any of this shit. It just thinks: hey it looks like a me, it quacks like a me, it must be like a me, dw guiz I got this problem under control :^)

And there you have it the rest is just statistics.
>>
>>6113670
The non-binary movement really pisses me off.
I am female, and a lesbian. I have a vagina and all the working female inside parts.
That said, how I present isn't always femme. I do wear dresses and make up sometimes, yes, other times I bind my chest and go bare faced in more masculine clothes.
And yes, I do sometimes get called 'boy' or whatever (people see me as full grown woman or teen boy, as I come off a masculine but without facial hair or defined muscles).
I'm okay with that. I think it's fun. I'm thinking about buying a packer. I also think being femme is fun. I own a binder and several push-up bras.
Just because I have a certain way of presenting doesn't mean I'm suddenly not female.
Younger people these days just can't separate identity and expression. Just because I'm not a stereotypical female doesn't mean I'm not female.
Fucking snowflakes.
>>
>>6116386
Separating identity from expression is something lots of people have trouble with. You would think that on this board most people could understand each other. But what you really see is the craziest kind of segregation that oldschool LGBT folks would never comprehend.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.