[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
only the bourgeois get to think about their gender on a deeper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.jpg (128 KB, 465x413) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
128 KB, 465x413
only the bourgeois get to think about their gender on a deeper level than the way they were taught it

thus, only the bourgeois are transgender.
>>
This is why i hate /lgbt/
>>6109238
>>
>What's that? Something about my environment might affect my gender presentation? Blasphemy!
>>
/Thread
>>
>>6109238
This is literally what the North Korean government says. Not kidding, ship faggots off to reeducation camps
>>
>>6109238
this is fact in Cuba
>>
>>6109252
North Korea is actually good. The west has lied to you.

People were actually happier in the Soviet Union and in the Warsaw Pact countries. The world is fundamentally more chaotic and less fun with an unchallenged capitalist bloc

The west has lied to you.
>>
>implying that class depends on anything other than relation to the means of production

>I don't own capital or private property, but I'm trans so I'm automatically exploiting the proletariat even though I don't benefit from their labor.
>>
>>6109259
>this is what Commies actually believe
Nevermind that people are starving and eating grass and cannibalizing each other in North Korea
>>
>>6109327
>Duuuuuuh what is base and superstructure

being trans is both thanks to the means of production and part of the thing that reproduces it
>>
>black mtfs who are forced to prostitute themselves on the street are bourgeois
top kek tovarisch
>>
>ignoring the reality of the fact that most trans people are proles just like the rest of us
>>
File: ancom feels.jpg (24 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
ancom feels.jpg
24 KB, 324x216
>>6109238
>applying Stalinist/maoist/juche ideology
k
>>
>>6109427
>north kore is a perfect representation of all forms of communist ideology and praxis
ok then...who told you that?
>>
You're ignoring historical things like aboriginal societies having the same thing, the indians have a separate religion for trans people and they are pretty much gypsies. In my country 99% of transgirls are forced into prostitution and come from lower classes.
You fail at marxism if you don't know history considering that his view on history is probably the most important thing he did in the long run.
>>
>>6109238
Marx pls. All the transgender folks I've met IRL came from proletarian backgrounds. This is probably because I'm a prole myself, but the point still stands.
>>
>>6109327
+1
>>
File: 1462080804686.jpg (140 KB, 811x960) Image search: [Google]
1462080804686.jpg
140 KB, 811x960
>>
Whatever. I'd fuck Marx,though. Hello daddybear!
>>
>>6109238
Are you just pathetically under-educated or do you stick your fingers in your ears and ignore all facts and reality that clash with your feels? Trans people exist throughout cultures and classes including the third world and those in poverty.

>>6109243
Sure it might effect gender expression or chance of seeking treatment but all the research we have, even the research that bigoted idiots claim agrees with their feels like the david reimer case, point towards and inset and unchanging gender identity and the neurological differences that have been observed include brain regions that are non-plastic past the womb.

>>6109428
>being trans is both thanks to the means of production and part of the thing that reproduces it
wut

>>6110025
>north kore is a perfect representation of all forms of communist ideology and praxis
>who told you that?
They didn't actually say that, if you read up the thread a little they were responding to someone claiming that north korea is amazing and that it's just the lies of the western conspiracy that suggest otherwise.
>>
>>6113864
Naw, havent you seen how much they pay for surgeries and hormones and commissioned fap fantasies? They aint proles.
>>
Gender is a social construct, thus you cannot be born belonging to a certain "gender". This means that "gender dysphoria" is a fetishistic defect of the mind.

Let's make this /tranniesbtfo/ general.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>6116591
>the "gender is a social construct" meme
>>
>>6109238
There are lots of transgender black women that literally lived on their friends sofas. Today transgender people are heavily discriminated against in the west and have a giant wage gap even lower than cis women. Many of them also turn to prostitution and drugs.
>>
>>6116591
Gender being a social construct is a learned concept from society. Thus it's fucking wrong because most of our ideas that have not been been informed by science are fucking wrong.
>>
>>6116591
>Gender is a social construct
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>6116591
This would only be true if gender was a social construct in nature as well, not as a appeal to nature argument but that we could also observe in any animal that the role their gender plays changes.

Its more accurate to say that gender expression is a social construct since that is a thing we can view in both us and animals.
But even so we have to ask why these gender expressions are there for, and there is a reason.
>>
>>6116643
Define gender expression, this is my per-emptive counter argument

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/gender-toys-children-toy-preferences-hormones_n_1827727.html
>>
>>6116652
Pink used to be a male color since it was just washed out red and vibrant colors weren't a thing before oil paints. Blue wasn't for boys or girls but for rich people. Japan didn't diferentiate green from blue until europe gave them coulored pencils.
Our interpretation of things is based on our society, but in every era there has been manly and feminine things. It just switches and changes.
>>
>>6116688
>completely disregarding the point
And that's why society allows English majors to inform us about sex and gender instead of scientists.
>>
>>6116700
I got late on the convo, so I may have missed something that was settled some posts ago.
I was just saying that historically gender expressions have changed, things that are manly now weren't before. I though the discussion had moved from biology to behaviour.
>>
>>6116719
>I though the discussion had moved from biology to behaviour.
You must be trolling.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.