[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW PRIVILEGED ARE YOU?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12
So buzzfeed has this only test thing that apparently checks your privilege for you, it is the most unintentionally funniest/dumbest shit, so legbutts how privileged are you? Take the test here

https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you?utm_term=.cqA7v42Pj7#.cr0E836BKE

And post results, here are mine
>>
File: poorme.jpg (49 KB, 601x395) Image search: [Google]
poorme.jpg
49 KB, 601x395
>>6107918
>>
File: Screenshot_20160430_180328.png (6 KB, 563x110) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160430_180328.png
6 KB, 563x110
>>6107918
you have to be a tranny to catch them all
>>
>>6108059
You set a new highscore
>>
>>6108135
This isn't a game you shitlord.
>>
>tfw tranny
>tfw poor af
>tfw living in third world country
But hey, at least I'm white.
>>
File: yes.gif (469 KB, 200x270) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
469 KB, 200x270
>>6108208
>But hey, at least I'm white.
>>
File: iuo.png (53 KB, 612x372) Image search: [Google]
iuo.png
53 KB, 612x372
I'm half privileged.
>>
>>6108227
which makes me believe that these are pretty stupidand inaccurate, because i'm a turk FTM who's always lived below the poverty line and spent two year being either homeless or a couch surfer.
>>
File: priv.png (268 KB, 1394x962) Image search: [Google]
priv.png
268 KB, 1394x962
But I'm a white male living in a first world country.
>>
privilege isn't objective anyway so this test has been nonsense from the beginning.
>>
>Tfw whilte hobo tranny with debilitating mental illness
>tfw more privileged than all womyn
>>
File: consider the following 6.gif (458 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
consider the following 6.gif
458 KB, 500x281
>>6107918
>"I have never been called a terrorist"
Cis white male chemist reporting in. Suck my dick buzzfeed.
>>
>>6108533
Yep. It's sad how bad women have it :/
>>
>>6108554
And how awesome is my score of 43... Yeah, I totally feel better after knowing this. yay.
>>
>You live with 11 out of 100 points of privilege.

>You’re underprivileged. The world is not a fair or ideal place and you know that because you grew up with several identities that the world is not kind to. You had a lot of challenges to overcome simply to get on a level playing field with most people in the world. It is not your job to educate the world about its injustices, but if you choose to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

Great nothing like stereotype threat to remind you it's pointless to even try.
>>
>>6108520
You actually can't apply privilege to a single person. It's a theory that requires statistics on a population greater than n=1
>>
>>6108608
Point is that you can't properly measure something like "privilege" in society.
And certainly not with a bad quiz.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (49 KB, 625x403) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
49 KB, 625x403
white, upper-lower class, suburbanite tranny. where do i get my card?
>>
>>6108626
You can measure it. You can take statistics and compare population groups selected by various traits. Then point out that some groups do better than other groups. But you can't do it in the reverse without ignoring the statistical underpinnings.

The quiz is wrong because you can't apply privilege theory to an individual. That's all you need to debunk it.
>>
>>6108647
>You can take statistics and compare population groups selected by various traits.
You're just measuring meaningless averages then.
Statistics mean nothing without context.
And getting said context is next to impossible.

>The quiz is wrong because you can't apply privilege theory to an individual. That's all you need to debunk it.
Not even that. The questions are simply wrong and open to interpretation.
>>
>>6108656
Don't make it too complicated. I'm telling you roughly how they do it, and why the test is wrong because it ignores the method.

You're welcome to nitpick at the decor all you like but it was fundamentally wrong from the start.
>>
>>6108706
>I'm telling you roughly how they do it
And I'm telling theyre doing it wrong.
But that's only to be expected from social "science"
>>
File: checked my privilege.jpg (46 KB, 600x483) Image search: [Google]
checked my privilege.jpg
46 KB, 600x483
wow
>>
>>6108740
If an entire field of math is wrong that's a different subject I'm sure you can debate on /sci/ instead.

Keep in mind that the social science research and theory is 50 years old.
>>
>>6108776
Social science is not math.
>Keep in mind that the social science research and theory is 50 years old.
And it lost quite a lot of its reputation among other sciences. Partly because it became more political than scientific.
>>
>>6108776
>>6108801
social science isn't even science at all
>>
>>6108801
Statistics is math, pal.
>And it lost quite a lot of its reputation among other sciences. Partly because it became more political than scientific.
No it was never that big but it has recently been excavated.

I think the problem is you're just having trouble understanding what I'm saying. You can't reverse statistics. Some p are q, not all q equiv to p, you dope. College freshman math.
>>
>>6108830
>Statistics is math, pal.
Just because a field uses math doesn't make the field itself math.

Social science isn't science, it's not math (which it cannot be since it's not science in the first place) and frankly a lot of it is wishful thinking with footnotes.
>>
>>6108208
Skąd jesteś?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160430-091150.png (347 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160430-091150.png
347 KB, 1080x1920
>REMEMBER TO BE CONSTANTLY AWARE THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE IT WORSE
>>
>>6108533
White cishet womyn have it the worst :'(
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.