[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually like being transgender? Like would actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
Does anyone actually like being transgender? Like would actually choose to be trans over being cis?
>>
>>6107818
Obviously not, but obviously you wouldn't choose to eradicate yourself to be cis of your birth sex.
>>
>>6107818
FtM here, I'd choose to be a cis man in a heartbeat.
But if I had the choice, I wouldn't want to be cis woman, even if that meant I'd be perfectly happy that way. I wouldn't be me, so yeah, I'd rather be a trans man than a cis woman.
>>
>>6107913
Interestingly I would rather be a trans man than a trans woman. Not just because the hormones are 1000x more effective and as opposed to having to step up to be a trans woman you just kinda let yourself go to be a trans man (unless you wanna be an otter in which case go for it) but because trans women are so vilified and seen as dirty and basically just as sex objects. Trans men on the other hand, I swear some people don't even know they exist at all.
>>
>Does anyone like dysphoria
>>
so dumb. you won't be "you" in a couple years anyway so why not choose the option that will result in a happier you?
>>
>>6107963
Gender is a pretty large part of personal identity, and one that doesn't change, unlike what "genderfluid" tumblr teens will tell you.
Changing my gender would change me at a root level, and I don't want that.
>>
>>6107818
Only tumblr snowflakes pretending to be trans for oppression points would ever want to be trans. Being trans is literally one of the worst things that can happen to someone. It's more or less a guarantee set from birth that the unfortunate individual will never truly be comfortable in their body.
>>
>>6107942
>trans women are so vilified and seen as dirty and basically just as sex objects
This is so accurate. I have to deal with the fact that the majority of society treats my existence with the same sensitivity that they do fat hairy 50-year-old paedophiles.

Oh, and yeah, I can't imagine a single transgender person actually wanting to be transgender. Shit fucking sucks. If I could be a cis woman I'd do so without a second's hesitation.
>>
>>6107991
What about cis man? You'd have no dysphoria, and be perfectly comfortable and satisfied as a man in this scenario.
>>
If I could be either cis woman or cis man I would take it in a heartbeat, being trans is fucking horrible and being an ugly mtf is fucking hell.
>>
Cis anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> transman >>transwoman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>furries
>>
>>6107991
Could be worse, you could constantly be harassed and marginalized by trannies.
>>
>>6107978
>>6107991
Seems like most choose to be trans in hopes of being cute and pretty
>>
>>6108012
That too. Thing is though, you'd have to change parts of my brain to make me a cis man, so it's a scary thought as I wouldn't be "me" anymore.

Granted, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference after the fact, but that's why I'd say some trans people wouldn't want to be their assigned sex and cis if offered.
>>
>>6107818
>choose to be trans over being cis
Tumblr so they can lose privilege medals in the oppression olympics
>>
>>6107962
As biscum I really don't understand this whole "dysphoria" thing. It sounds made up.

I can confidently state that if I were to be changed into a chick right now, I would be totally fine with it and to argue otherwise seems somewhat sexist. The only difference would be that I could now be fucked in my girlpussy.
>>
>>6108047
Does this actually happen? Usually there aren't enough of them for plural to be used either
>>
I wish I was cis but at least I know what it feels like to be trans now so I don't act like an asshole to trans people.
>>
of course i want to be cis, i am transitioning to that gender, If you honestly want to be seen as Trans and not as a man or woman then there is no hope
Any real trans person wants to be seen without that "trans" label affixed to them.
>>
>>6107818
No. I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone. Anyone with the financial resources to escape this hell immediately and at a young age, is a very lucky person.

>>6108012
The idea of a magic pill or scenario to just "be a happy normal dude" is no different than just blowing your own head off to escape your dysphoria.

My personality, mannerisms, traits, views and hobbies are the definition of me. They are also more typical of women than of men. To eradicate my gender identity as a woman, and all those things with it, would be akin to suicide. This scenario would kill the true me, replacing it with just some other random dude.

>>6108052
Fetishists and attention seekers. None of them are truly dysphoric.
>>
>>6107818
>Does anyone actually like being transgender? Like would actually choose to be trans over being cis?

No.

I wished i was born a ciswoman.
>>
Magic pills are such a gigantic farce. You know why because they don't exist and they will never exist except in movies.
Magic pills to make you white, magic pills to make you brown, magic pills that make you rich with just one easy trick, magic pills that turn you into a tenured professor or a pop star.
>>
sometimes i actually would like to be a girl for some time, mainly to know what its like.
>>
If I had a choice between being an ugly cis girl and a nice looking trans girl, I'd pick trans.
That's about the only case though. Being trans objectively sucks.
>>
>>6107818
I'm a more-or-less post-transitioned trans man, so, I'm able to live day to day with minimal issues. At this point in my life I'd rather be transgender. Had I been born cis I would've been a close-minded redneck farmer. Because I was raised a girl I was allowed to focus on school and the things I enjoy now. Being transgender isn't the greatest, but I like who I am now and I would be very different had I been born cis. Transitioning made me more empathetic, and I have a better understanding of myself than most cis men. It takes a lot of resilience to transition, so I feel proud of myself for having done it.

Had I answered this question a few years ago, I would've absolutely said I'd rather be cis. And, sometimes I still have those days.

Overall, though, I wouldn't want to trade the things I've gained from transitioning to be cis.
>>
File: me visting mtfg.gif (4 MB, 480x207) Image search: [Google]
me visting mtfg.gif
4 MB, 480x207
>>6107818
>tfw repressed stoic badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUSI44zHthg
>>
>>6109813
there should be a part where it hits him back like a boomerang
>>
>>6109584
This is a really interesting post. I suppose I hadn't considered situations like yours given that transitioning, for me, meant abandoning a career in STEM to be stealth and ending up back in a lower-class rural situation similar to the one I started in. Didn't exactly get anything out of this hell, but I'm glad to know somebody else could.
>>
>>6109846
ill make somehing like that i guess
>>
>>6108309
I'm a girl, and I feel the same way. I don't really feel attached to my gender, and I have no idea how someone could "feel" like another gender.
>>
>>6110525
>>6108309
cis people always say this lmfao. is it possible that you take your comfort in your bodies for granted? i'm not cis so i can't say for certain, but maybe you don't feel necessarily "attached" because you don't have to think about it
>>
File: the more you know.jpg (30 KB, 325x214) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.jpg
30 KB, 325x214
>>6108309
>>6110525
>I can confidently state that if I were to be changed into a chick right now, I would be totally fine with it
If you were changed into a chick in both brain and body, yeah, but if only in body, no, you would absolutely not be fine with it, and there's a growing body of research explaining why.

The tl;dr version is that the brain has a representation of how the body is supposed to be configured in the somatosensory cortex, and when there's deviation from that it wigs out. This is what causes people who lose or are born without limbs to have phantom limbs. Since the sex of the brain and the sex of the body develop at different points in fetal development, sometimes it gets fucked up and somebody ends up with a male body but a female brain, or a female brain but a male body. It's a horrific and distressing experience to have your body not be the sex your brain is expecting, and you definitely can't deal with it just because you think pussies are hot or it'd be convenient to not need lube.
>>
>>6110525
Yeah, sometimes I feel like the weird one on this topic... are people really so attached to their sex/gender? I have a dick and I like having a dick but if I were a girl, having a pussy seems pretty cool too.
>>
>>6110651

Go get bottom surgery and then tell us how you feel about having a vagina.

t. trans men everywhere
>>
>>6110638
This. It's not about ~*feelings*~

>>6110605
It's like those neckbeards who think they wouldn't let themselves get mugged, they'd pull out some sweet moves and kick the mugger's gun out of his hand like in their chinese cartoons.
>>
>>6110638
Nah, I would be totally fine having a female body even with my current male brain. 100%.

Maybe caring so much about your internal body representation is the cause of the mental illness in the first place, like those people who get their arms/legs chopped off... that's what sex dysphoria seems like to me.
>>
>>6110698
You want me to chop up my dick, turn it inside out and mold it into a shitty simulacrum of the female genitalia. No thanks.

That said, if the technology existed to do full body transplants then yeah, I would totally consider it. I mean, why be male forever?
>>
>>6110727
>fuck science, this idea i just had is how shit really works

the tumblr overlap is beautiful
>>
>>6107818
I kinda feel like being trans made me a much stronger woman in the end. I have an understanding and appreciation of both sides of the divide, and so I take less things for granted.

Getting to the point of passing is was a challenge, but compared to even building up the nerve to transition, it wasn't so bad. Having a loving and understanding boyfriend has gone a long way towards helping me feel more confident in my expressions as a woman.

I'm not sure I would say I would choose being trans over being cis, because that is an unfair question because it is impossible to know both situations objectively. If I could have a cis body with my current experiences and mind, I would prefer that option since that is the only one I truly say I would appreciate.
>>
>>6110764

No motherfucker, I'm saying try being a man with a vagina. Seriously here, why have a penis forever, amirite?
>>
>>6110779
>fuck science
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion as I made my comment assuming you were correct about the science in the first place.

>>6110796
>No motherfucker, I'm saying try being a man with a vagina.
Don't see the issue with having both a masculine gender representation and a real vagina. Also, FtMs have dicks... I've seen pictures and it's actually kinda cute.
>>
>>6110882
>Also, FtMs have dicks...

Very few get bottom surgery because it is prohibitively expensive and not very good.
>>
>>6110898
I mean their testosterone clits, some of which look rather dick like.
>>
>>6110786
I'm happy for you! It's great to see other trans people who don't absolutely hate their transness.
>>
File: horse love.jpg (72 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
horse love.jpg
72 KB, 800x600
Would you actually date a trans guy (FTM)?
Under what conditions?
How do you identify?
>>
>>6110955
No.
I am one. I don't want to deal with another dumb faggot like me.
>>
>>6110955
shit. sorry i was trying to make a new thread....
>>
>>6107818
FUCK NO
>>
My closest friend is an intersexual, she was raised as a boy but feels like she's female... how would that be defined?
>>
>>6110955
>>6110974

trans f and yeah if they were cute
>>
>>6110942
Oh, are you in a similar mindset?

I am presently in a sort of euphoria because I am just learning how awesome a feeling it is to be a pillar of strength for your man. I can see his anger and worries melt away as I massage him and talk to him softly at night. You can see him get a sense of invulnerability with you behind him and it gives such a feeling of pride.
>>
>>6111042
It's considered trans because they identify as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth
>>
>>6111057

I see.

It's really rough for her, she's always wanted to be a girl. I was the first person to openly accept it and since then she's come out to more people but her family is still having trouble accepting it.

She's always played wicked caster DPS in all the games we've played together, though.
>>
>>6108012
absolutely
that's the point of the question, and having no dysphoria being any sex is objectively better than having dysphoria
>>
>>6110955

No

NEVER

mtf
>>
>>6110727
Dysphoria isn't experienced by cis people so you can't really understand it beyond analogies.

It's like having depression, and being around people who have no idea that it's a thing. You can describe the symptoms, and people who haven't ever had depression say, "Oh, you're just sad. Cheer up! Stop being sad!" They're not malicious, they just don't know.

So it's not your fault, it's just the limitations of language.
>>
>>6107974
>Gender is a pretty large part of personal identity

I believe this is highly variable. For some people, their gender is a large part of their identity. For some people, gender identity plays almost no role in their life.

Another (different) thing that's variable whether there's dysphoria associated with gender identity. Some people have dysphoria that prompts them to transition their gender. Other people can desire a transition to another gender, but not have dysphoria about their current gender.
>>
trans people really believe we have no issues with our own bodies? ayy lmao you guys are no different than cis people who feel like they need to do plastic surgery. Just like there's a lot of people that don't feel like they need to do plastic surgery despite not being good looking a lot of people wouldn't mind having a opposite sex body.
>>
>>6111307
I'm not telling people "Oh, just stop feeling dysphoria about your sex" as I'm sure the feelings a very real to them. My point is simply that from a personal standpoint I couldn't see myself having sexual dysphoria even if I were to become female bodied. Like I said, if full body transplantation existed I would totally go female for awhile... or at least pick and choose my favorite parts from both sexes.
>>
>>6107962
transgender=/=dysphoria
>>
>>6108636
>Any real trans person wants to be seen without that "trans" label affixed to them.

I am skeptical that that is universally true for all "true" trans people.

In college I was good friends with a trans woman, and I had quite a few interesting conversations with her about her gender journey. I was amazed at how comfortable and confident and open she was about her journey. The most surprising thing to me was that she had absolutely no desire to hide her trans journey from anyone. She was neither proud to be trans, nor ashamed of it -- and she neither wanted to flaunt it or to hide it. She had an easy, natural confidence that being a "trans woman" was no more or less genuine than being a "cis woman". She acknowledged the difference between trans and cis, but she never viewed one as "better" than the other. She had a confidence that she was both a "real trans person" and a "real woman" simultaneously, and those two things were in no way contradictory to her. She had seamlessly adopted both the "trans" and "woman" identities, and was completely open and happy about both.
>>
>>6111307
>Dysphoria isn't experienced by cis people so you can't really understand it beyond analogies.

Something you should be aware of:

Cis people have an extremely high variability in how "attached" they are to their gender identity. Some cis people consider their gender to be a fundamental part of their identity, and some cis people have no attachment to their gender.

People with gender dysphoria are usually strongly attached to their gender identity. Because they are strongly attached, they can't really understand what it's like for someone to have no attachment to their gender identity.

So the "lack of understanding" actually has two different dimensions here: (1) trans versus cis, and (2) strong-gender-attachment versus no-gender-attachment.
>>
>>6111538
Is there a reason that you say gender instead of sex?
>>
I'd much rather be cis, but the more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure I'd be a raging douchebag if I'd been born cis male. There's a lot of shit I'm conscious of in regards to other people that I would never have given a second thought if I had been born male.

>>6109584
>Transitioning made me more empathetic
This. Yeah, basically this. I'm kinda early on in transitioning though so. Hopefully I get more confident about being trans down the line.
>>
>>6111478
I actually feel this way desu. I have been heading down that same philosophical road, and I feel it to be the healthiest. I have turned gender dysphoria into gender euphoria.
>>
>>6108036
this
>>
>>6109258

Gee you don't say. Thanks for the heads up sempai.
>>
>>6111478
that's what we should all strive for. she sounds like a great person to be around.
>>6111821
good luck! it's great that you're getting there.
>>
>>6108036
I would still rather be a trans man than a cis woman. i still can't fathom wanting to live as a woman.
>>
>>6111597
>Is there a reason that you say gender instead of sex?

It's my understanding that the phrases that I used in my post -- "gender dysphoria" and "gender identity" -- are the preferred terminology.

The alternative way of saying those phrases would be "sex dysphoria" and "sex identity" -- and in my experience those phrases are not as commonly used.

Let me know if I'm wrong about this. I certainly want to use terminology that resonates best with the most people.
>>
I'm FtM and I'd kill to be a cis man, and if I could be a cis woman, well, it would be better than being a trans man. Repressing your transgenderism usually causes a lot of emotional and mental turmoil which is why anyone bothers with it in the first place
>>
>>6112407
>i still can't fathom wanting to live as a woman.

As I read more about this, I'm starting to become quite impressed at how amazingly different people are about the strength of their attachment to their gender.

A few years ago I had a girlfriend who told me that she was in no way attached to her gender. She said that if she suddenly transformed to male, her only reaction would be to raise her eyebrows, say "well, isn't that interesting!", and then happily proceed the remainder of her life as a male. I asked her if she had a preference about her biological sex, and she said that she would prefer to have been born as a male because (mainly for practical reasons), but that she didn't have any dysphoria about it, and was fine spending her life as a woman even though that was her second choice. I asked her what gender she "felt" she was inside, and she couldn't really answer that question because it wasn't meaningful for her.

She also said that the amount of time she spends thinking about "being a woman" or having a "female identity" is almost zero. Once she told me that, I started noticing it all the time -- she talked with other women exactly the same way that she talked with men -- and she never had any sterotypical female mannerisms. (Her personality was interesting too: she always talked in an extremely smooth, calm way, with great intelligence, and she loved nothing better than to explain things and solve problems. She also had almost no interest in "small talk", and she didn't seem to have any social fears, and she seemed very comfortable with the "smart nerd" label that everyone had for her.)

I'm starting to formulate an interesting theory about transgenderism: Two factors are needed in order to transition: (1) their gender doesn't match their biological sex, and (2) a strong sense of gender identity is required. Those two factors are equal, and if either is missing, then there is no desire to transition.
>>
>>6116064
What if there was just such an intense desire to be one in particular to the point where it was basically required? That is a theory I have myself as a possibility.
>>
>>6110651

Well everyone has an appendix, but unless something's wrong with it you don't know you have one. You can't feel it, unless something's wrong with it. So someone with an healthy appendix mite not understand how someone (with an unhealthy) could feel their appendix. Horrible explanation, but that's how I normally try to explain it to cis people who don't get that you could 'feel' your gender.
>>
File: Bill-Evans-014.jpg (694 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Evans-014.jpg
694 KB, 2560x1536
I don't like being transgender and would prefer being cis-female obviously.

However, I have been learning to embrace being transgender. It's kind of interesting being something so frowned on by society but being so cute. Lol. It's also kind of fun to surprise people when you tell them you were born a boy.

but yeah fuck being trans. I don't regret my boyhood though, if I had been a girl from birth I would not be who I am today and my interests/passions/career would be totally different. I'm just thankful I get to be seen as a female now. I don't dwell on the past.
>>
>>6116191
>What if there was just such an intense desire to be one in particular to the point where it was basically required? That is a theory I have myself as a possibility.

I'm sure that's possible. I would consider that to be an extreme example of how strongly a person can be tied to their gender identity.

At the opposite extreme would be people who feel no connection to their gender identity at all. I suspect this might be responsible in some cases for people who are "gender-neutral" or "non-gendered" or "non-binary". (I'm new to this type of analysis, so I might be getting the terms wrong. Feel free to correct me if I'm not using the right terminology.) In this case, there is no "requirement" at all for gender identity. This could manifest itself as either a rejection of gender identity, or as an apathy toward gender identity.
>>
>>6110651
>>6116266

Remember that people can have a very sharp difference in how strongly they have the ability to "feel" their gender.

Some cis people do in fact "feel" their gender very strongly. Those people perceive that their gender defines an absolutely fundamental part of their identity. Those cis people will be in a good position to understand the motivation behind the transgender journey.

Conversely, there are some non-cis people who don't "feel" their gender identity very much, if at all. They might reject their originally-assigned gender, but they might also not feel the need to embrace any other gender identity either. In other words, they have such little attachment to any gender identity (including their originally-assigned gender), that it effectively causes them to be non-cis.
>>
>>6111429
I would love to be cis, so I could be slightly insecure over certain aspects of my body but not actually care enough for it to matter, as opposed to feeling deeply disgusted by virtually every aspect of it to the point where it severely impacts my ability to function as a person.

It's not about looking good. There's no rational reason for a trans person to feel bad about their body since it's obviously fine (and they're well aware of that), but they do anyway because that's how their fucked-up brains work.
>>
>>6107818
Yes, there are. I'd you wouldn't be a cis man or cis woman decided by a coin flip, you prefer to be trans and are part of the problem.
>>
>>6107818
Only in the sense that a cis version of Canola Yogurt would have had such a different history and life that that person wouldn't be me. I believe the sci-fi shows refer to it as "death of personality."

Besides, with all I've done, I feel no need to get the ability to bleed every month. I don't want kids, and I'd like to believe that if I were cis, I'd have probably sought out getting fixed anyway.
>>
>>6107978
This right here is my assessment. Everything that makes me so unique isn't because I'm trans. Everything that makes me broken is. It's like asking someone with an extra chromosome if they're happy being retarded. I have a y chromesom problem.
>>
File: frog meme.jpg (48 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
frog meme.jpg
48 KB, 960x540
I choose to just stay a weird guy on hormones.

I could probably repress it away and be a normal guy, and i could probably transition and pass decently well, since i started hormones when i was 17 and i have a kind of naturally fem face.

thing is though I'm scared of both outcomes, and i'm a coward. So I'm really choosing to be some weird wreck in the middle because I'm too scared to be trans and I'm too scared to be cis.

I prefer it. It's comfy. no risks. I look better than I did as just a normal guy but It doesnt pose the troubles that come with coming out as trans or trying to transition.

I don't think I'll ever transition. I like to think one day I'll come to terms with how i'll naturally age and just stop the hormones. I'm busy enough that i dont really cry over it anymore and i drink alcohol and occupy all of my spare time or sleep all the time. It all works better than just abandoning hope either way and going mtf or just going cis male.
>>
fuck all of you fags saying being trans makes me stronger or that my gender effects my identity. Fuck that I have no money because of transitioning I lost some friends and everyday I have to live hoping no one notices I'm a fucking tranny. Hell I'd be cis of any gender so I wouldn't have to be a freak.
>>
File: what.jpg (38 KB, 500x462) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
38 KB, 500x462
>>6130375
>I have to live hoping no one notices I'm a fucking tranny

love yourself.
don't worry about what other people think.
>>
>>6129370
wont you be stuck with the breast tissue?
>>
>>6126332
yeah, this is what i was going to say. i hate answering that "if you could become a cis person of the gender u were assigned at birth would u" question, just because my gender identity is so tangled up with my concept of self that it would essentially be like dying and being replaced by a different person.
>>
>>6107818
It depends on what you're asking. I'd rather be a cis girl than trans, but if you're asking if I'd rather be a cis guy or a trans girl I'd pick being trans
>>
>>6130505
Yeah iunno. Maybe i'll just be asexual or kill myself or something
>>
>>6108309

"I don't have this condition, so it doesn't bother me, so therefore it doesn't exist."

The world out here is a lot bigger and more interesting than the one your head is jammed up
>>
>>6116064
>I'm starting to formulate an interesting theory about transgenderism
Gotta love these armchair psychs acting like no one's ever studied trans people before them
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.