[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTF and workplace tomfuckery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Here's the story;
>pass well enough
>transition at job
>pee in women's restroom in public, no issues ever
>suddenly deadbolt on women's restroom door
>me and the other two girls are confused
>corporate says it was for me, to make other employees, future employees feel safe and comfortable.
>in the same phonecall, I make a complaint to HR about my female name being repeatedly erased on the sign in board.
>constantly bitching at male supervisors to gender me proper and they give me dirty looks
>get gendered female in public, in a conservative state 100% of the time

Where can I find resources to start legal action?

I started intense therapy after a suicide attempt from all this and later, on heavy doses of antidepressants.

I'm an Ameriburger

Pls halp
>>
>>6100233
not much you can do in burgerland I wouldn't think, other than find another job and not tell them you're a tranny
>>
>>6100249
Fucked up part;
The deadbolt is straight up discrimination.. Trans or not.
How would the men feel if I used their bathroom and got a lock so they couldn't come I'm while I pee in one of 5 stalls.
and goes against osha's mandate that I have un-restricted access to the bathroom of my gender identity.
Even Google "OSHA transgender" if you don't believe.

Lastly, after reporting the name being erased thing (harassment), it's been still going on for months.
>>
>>6100264
Get some consultation with a lawyer?
>>
>>6100264
well if the laws are on your side, you can probably twist their arms a bit, but they're still going to treat you like shit any way they can because they hate trannies

pursuing the law in a situation like this is probably going to cost you, and eventually they're probably gonna find something that the law doesn't cover anyway. I'd say start looking for another job and grin and bear it in the meantime
>>
>>6100233

http://transgenderlawcenter.org/contact
https://www.aclu.org/about/affiliates?redirect=affiliates

See if one of them can help you out.
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>constantly bitching at male supervisors to gender me proper
>pass well enough
sure you do, hon

i swear 4chan is literally susans/lauras playground redux nowadays
>>
>>6100233
It really depends on the specific laws in your area. Does your city/county/state have laws against discrimination and such things based on gender presentation, orientation, identity, etc?
>>
>>6100233
Contact the EEOC about this. Look into the EEOC nd what they can do for you. I'd type more but I'm hungry and lazy ATM.
>>
They only do that b/c I transitioned here.
New employees dont
Random people in public dont

>>6100380
>>6100419
>>6100418
Thank you anons.
My state doesn't have anti lgbt discrimination laws...
But.
OSHA is pretty clear on it & harassment is harassment, period. Trans or not
>>
>>6100264
Maybe try and call the EEOC? That sounds pretty bad and it seems like you have actual concrete evidence of discrimination.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.