[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is this 'transgender' bullshit going to end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 13
File: cromwell.jpg (24 KB, 358x450) Image search: [Google]
cromwell.jpg
24 KB, 358x450
When is this 'transgender' bullshit going to end?

Can an MtF explain what it is exactly that makes you 'feel' like you're a female.
>>
Nothing makes me 'feel like I'm a female'. I hate my male parts/features as they cause me significant distress. This distress is known to the medical community as 'gender dysphoria', or as a term for the condition, 'gender identity disorder'. The only known treatment for gender identity disorder is transitioning.

I've never said 'I feel like I'm a woman' in my life.
>>
>>6081507

>You are a man
>You have male sex organs
>You don't even feel like a female

You have a penis phobia then?
>>
Oh look it's this thread again.

I don't "feel female". I just hate my male parts. When I was 8-13 I had non-stop cross gender dreams. I've always felt I am not supposed to be a boy or man, this has been true since my earliest memories.
>>
>>6081518
No, I love cocks. Just not on me.

How does one 'feel like a female'? The very statement is absurd.
>>
This picture is an example. I look at the girl in the picture and my heart hurts, my gut clenches and my phantom vagina reacts.

That's not all it is bring trans but it's just an example
>>
>>6081507
>>6081527

so you both hate your own cock, I take it uncle jimmy touched it when you were very small, and that lead to some negative associations, making you now feel uncomfortable due to the association.
>>
>>6081530
>my phantom vagina reacts

Holy shit lmao I hate other MtFs. I'm out.
>>
>>6081530

> I look at any girl and my heart hurts

FTFY
>>
>>6081540
I was never abused as a child. And that wouldn't explain my issue with every other male feature on my body or my issue with the generally masculine shape my body had before transitioning.
>>
OP = completely oblivious. But thinks he can solve a problem he knows nothing about by being an arm chair doctor.
>>
Oh cool another thread where people argue over stupid shit that should fall under 'freedom of expression' and act like it has cosmic significance.
Do you people know what deficits are?
What quantitative easing is and is a response to?
If you wanna be all political go solve a real issue instead of playing games with words and identity.
>>
>>6081488
REMOVE PADDY
>>
>>6081488
>When is this 'transgender' bullshit going to end?

literally never because it's existed for as long as people have

the only reason it seems new to people is because it's not something they'd normally think about but for w/e reason the media decided we're a hot topic now
>>
>>6081530

I'm a cis female and I feel this jealousy

You're not fucking special.
>>
>>6081659

So why don't you go work out and sculpt your body? I hate when I hear cis-women complain about their body because it's CHANGEABLE (for the most part).

You have hip bones. You have female fat deposit. Why don't you just diet, get fit, and then you look great?
>>
>>6081659
That just makes me feel better because I have the same feelings as a cis girl.
>>
>>6081530
There's a lot of gay bottoms who would feel the same way because for them, women have easy access to dick
>>
i'm ok with my dick
i just hate my male pattern baldness, male fat distribution, neanderthal forehead, etc.
>>
>>6081682
So you just wish you were pretty cause everyone would love you and life would be so easy, right?
>>
>>6081488
you dont feel like youre a female, its a dissatisfaction with all aspects of your life. socially being treated as a guy, having the wrong parts, it all feels wrong and it causes depression because you feel like youll never be 'right'. like youre fucked up in a way that you cant change and when you try to repress and live as a guy more it just gets worse because you just start feeling empty and dissociated.

all aspects of your male form make you sick. i know it sounds weird and crazy but even talking to therapists nothing helps. its like youre disfigured and you hate yourself

after youve been transitioning a while things start to get better. you start to actually be happy with your life and you start living as a woman. at that point i would consider mtfs women -- though not cis women. we will never be the same as a cis female but our experiences do NOT match that of a mans at all. we're just a different kind of women and doesnt make sense to call us dudes.

unfortunately a lot of mtfs have other mental issues or dysphoria made them crazy over time and theyre pretty autistic. its unfortunate and comes with the territory. thats why i avoid most trans people irl.
>>
>>6081696

I'm not the anon you referenced but I would rather be an ugly woman than a beautiful man.

You are truly clueless about transgender people. It's fascinating. I keep seeing you post in different threads.
>>
>>6081682

Have you considered propecia rather than chopping your dick off and wearing skirts?
>>
>>6081530
Oof, my stomach turns too but for a different reason. Her waistline sucks compared to mine.
>>
>>6081530
neither of these people are particularly attractive desu
he looks like a slob that can barely take care of himself (totally sunburnt), flabby, hairy arms, pectoral fat, appears to be somewhat overweight, and has all that gross body hair.
she doesn't know how to smile and her top looks to be too small for her globulous tits, she's sucking in her gut and you can see the bottom of her ribcage but her hipline is still obviously chubby
she's posturing and posing to appear to be something she isn't (thin) and it makes her look worse than if she were honest about her body
but dear god that skeleton smile
i want to slap her face
>>
>>6081659

Should a male feel that way though?
>>
>>6081548
>I was never abused as a child

you must have been to turn out like a tranny
>>
File: 1369061132417.gif (447 KB, 210x245) Image search: [Google]
1369061132417.gif
447 KB, 210x245
>>6081777
Trips of light checked
>>
>>6082376
There's no evidence of being trans being caused by abuse.

... In fact, I believe the same was implied of homosexuality a long time ago and that was also found to be false. Bigots never change, eh?
>>
>>6081659
Ok, do you get jealous over fit athletic men with strong jaws and manly features?
>>
>>6082403
>Bigots never change, eh?

of all the 'gots' I'd rather be a Bigot than a Faggot.
>>
File: dam son.jpg (85 KB, 511x606) Image search: [Google]
dam son.jpg
85 KB, 511x606
>>6082458
>>
>>6081488
It's easier to envision myself as a female protagonist in movies, shows, games, etc. I find myself more interested in women's clothing than men's. I like to draw and find myself naturally making feminine characters and repulsed by masculine ones. It's an innate feeling of empathy with another gender outside of my own.
>>
>>6082458
You don't even 'gots' doubles...
>>
>>6081488
I don't feel female, I hate my male features I want to be as close to female as possible, and if that means down to a hormonal level, and a nose surgery, and a vagina so be it, its as black and white as that.
>>
if you weren't aware that you were a male for the early years of your childhood, and were not confused when you started puberty

you aren't trans. you just wish you were a girl
>>
File: ClearlyWeAreBothTheSame.jpg (263 KB, 886x1350) Image search: [Google]
ClearlyWeAreBothTheSame.jpg
263 KB, 886x1350
>>6081488
I dont 'feel' like anything. This is just who I am and who I've always been since birth. Im not 'transitioning' or whatever. If anything im untransitioning from a chemical imbalance that wasn't prevented by proper medical science.
>>
>>6082555
me on the right
>>
>>6082570
dont you have some dollies to play with and some bikers to kiss Stephony?
>>
>>6081659
you just made her point.
>>
oh right i've only been shitposting but i didn't say what i thought about the op
man i've been on the internet too long
to me, identifying as female is less of a specific feeling but rather an overall pattern of self-referential thought patterns
as a child, i thought of myself as being the same as the tomboys i knew and felt confusion when my parents tried to explain that i couldn't be a tomboy because i was already a boy
so it has been a convenient way to live but going through male puberty was absolute hell and nearly got me killed a couple of times, so now i'm working on correcting the disconnect between myself and me
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
why?

>i actually have felt like something has been wrong with my gender since 4
>unlike the many mtf's who lie to validate himself about knowing young
>hate my penis
>I like men, unlike ugly transbian fetishistic tripfagging hons
>>
>>6081697
Underrated post.
>>
>>6082819
Thanks

This is a criminally underrated post:>>6081697
>>
File: Fucking Terrible.jpg (135 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Terrible.jpg
135 KB, 720x540
>>6082747
Are you so desperate to feel better about yourself that you have to take being straight as a badge of honor?
>>
>>6081488

When the human race ends or the stars burn out
>>
File: tumblr_nwcfo2ihrE1rljyvzo1_540.jpg (98 KB, 342x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwcfo2ihrE1rljyvzo1_540.jpg
98 KB, 342x810
a couple of other people have said something similar already but fuck it

i'm not going to claim that i've always been a woman on the inside or anything like that. biologically i'll always be male, but imagine all the things that make you male causing you mental discomfort. if you can get that far, now imagine that whenever you do something feminine, your depression and that discomfort vanishes

i wish i didn't have to deal with this shit, but fuck it...don't we all deserve a chance to be happy? if cutting off my dick and taking hormones means that I can get rid of this dysphoria, then great
>>
>>6081488
I'm a gril but with a penis its my penis so its a girls pebis
>>
>>6082506
savage
oh snap
>>
>>6083026
I would argue that people like you arent trans but just an extreme crossdresser.

Sure you have dysphoria or youve brainwashed yourself into thinking you have dysphoria, but statements like this make no rational sense.

Being transexual THE ENTIRE BASIS of being transexual is that your body went under brain feminization during fetal development. To say OH IM A MAN at any point is fucking contrary to this because you arent a man.

The only way your guys theory works is if you are not feminine developed but are a brain-damaged male.

Both groups cant exist and be the same thing.
One of us is right and the other is wrong.
Maybe we are similar but our biological makeup therefore has to be different. Perhaps you guys have brain damage in the area of your brain that defines your sexuality rather then having a female brain in a male body etc.

Maybe the end result is the same but it makes no fucking sense to have such drastic different developments.
>>
>>6081697
>when you try to repress and live as a guy more it just gets worse because you just start feeling empty and dissociated.

This touched a nerve
>>
>>6082538

Did you mean "if you weren't aware that you were not a male for the early years of your childhood"?
>>
File: tumblr_nr8c0hkWr41r2mlhzo3_540.jpg (98 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr8c0hkWr41r2mlhzo3_540.jpg
98 KB, 533x800
>>6083375

from a biological standpoint, yes, i am a man and no matter how i feel that fact never changes. it's the same for all trans people. currently we can't change the fact we have XY chromosomes. that doesn't mean i have to identify as a man or rationalize/categorize my brain for other people.

it may seem drastic to you if you've never felt dysphoria before, but when you experience it all the fucking time transitioning really is the best solution. it's amazing to finally live without it
>>
I don't "feel like I'm a female." I wish I was a female because I don't like my body being male. I get jealous of attractive women and wish I looked more like them. I wish women's clothing looked right/good on me. I wish I could look in the mirror and feel alright with myself instead of the ugliness, unfamiliarity, and uncomfortability that frequently come with seeing myself or being reminded how I look.
>>
>>6083539
I should rephrase. I get jealous of attractive women, and I wish I looked more like one, attractive or not. It's just worse with attractive women because it's a combination of two different types of jealousy I guess.
>>
>>6082555
actually me on the left
>>
>>6083375
>having a female brain in a male bod

drop the hon memes
>>
>>6081488
i dont feel like i'm a female i just want a vagina, tits and a nice ass man
>>
>>6083968
>encouraging the difference between cd and transexuals being only self-identity
You've become tumblr.
>>
>>6082458
youre not a bigot, just a willfully ignorant, agenda pushing, delusional retard. arguing with people like you, even with a well thought out response with citations, is like talking to a brick. theres simply no point because you people cover your ears and shout "la la la" to avoid reality.
>>
>>6081530
>my phantom vagina reacts.
Trannies are so fucked up
>>
After reading this thread, I am more confused.

The trans people here say they do not feel female, but they want female parts/hate their male parts? So it would be more correct to say you want to be trans?

What do you think of the fact that suicide rates for trans people are the same before or after surgery? Doesn't that make it obvious that mutilating your body is not the answer?
>>
>>6086045

>Doesn't that make it obvious that mutilating your body is not the answer?

The idea that all transgender people want bottom surgery is an absolute myth. Only 30% of MtF transgender people ever get surgery. Only 2-10% of FtM ever get surgery.

The majority of us don't want surgery. It's strictly cosmetic, has a long recovery time, and costs a fortune.

Also suicide rates aren't the same. That's also a myth. There has been 30 years of research post-GRS, and it is split into 3 different groups of ten years.

1979-89
1989-2001
2001-2010.

79-89, elevated suicide rates
89-2001, normalized rates to transpeople
2001-2010, suicide rates comparable to non-transpeople.

Sorry but both of your assumptions are meme based and not grounded in reality.
>>
>>6083375
>The only way your guys theory works is if you are not feminine developed but are a brain-damaged male.

Yep.
>>
>>6082458
If you aren't gay or trans what are you going on /lgbt/
>>
>>6086716

If you're a literal dick sucking faggot, what are you doing on 4chan?
>>
I'm FtM but it's the same basic idea

>Hate having a vagina, uterus, and breasts and want a penis and flat chest
>When I lived with people who rejected my gender and said I'm just a delusional girl I became suicidal and used drugs, had unsafe sex, and self harmed
>Get a therapist and start transition, currently on hormone blockers and have had a mastectomy
>Suicidal and self harm urges went away as the longer I lived as a male, stopped depending on drugs and sex and have much better mental health

Probably how most trans people go. Not everyone wants surgery but just being referred to and treated as the gender you want to be helps a lot. Even if it's a mental illness, making physical changes (if only you dress and present yourself) produces the best results
>>
>>6086819

I hate having bills, but I don't claim to have 'Poverty Identity Disorder' and tell people that I am 'transbillgates'
>>
>>6086828

1) Intersexuality exists in various forms and to different degrees and neurological evidence shows various degrees of neurological intersexuality exists too.

2) There is no equivalent inter-wealth condition.

Your analogy is moronic and a worn-out shitty meme.
>>
>>6081488
First, you explain how you can "feel" straight, or gay.
>>
>>6086828
Did you even read the post or do you have the reading comprehension of a preschooler?

Dysphoria causes depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, reliance on drugs, self harm, and other symptoms that keep you from acting as a contributing member of society. If paying bills makes you seriously and legitimately want to kill yourself, move in with your parents

Also, bills involve paying someone else, so if you don't pay them it affects other people. It doesn't affect you at all if someone is trans
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 595x921) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 595x921
>>6086790
>4chan is a site for degenerates
>"why are you on MY SITE being a DEGENERATE?"

Fuck off before I fuck your dad up his bussi, you nigger.
>>
>>6086045
They don't "feel female" because that kind of thing is basically impossible to define; seriously, tell me what it means. They feel dysphoric over their masculine features or other people's perceptions of them as men. Cis women don't "feel female" either, or at least not in a way that's distinct from them actually being female (it's hard not to when you're obviously female and everyone thinks of you that way and wants you to be that way).

Also genitalia is only part of what causes the gender dysphoria, if it causes it at all (since it's different for different people; some trans people don't mind their genitals and some try to cut them off themselves out of desperation).

"Mutilate" a loaded term.

>What do you think of the fact that suicide rates for trans people are the same before or after surgery?
What's your source for that?
>>
>>6081488
>1488
Dem digits
>>
>>6086911
>"Mutilate" a loaded term.
*is a loaded term.
>>
File: 1460044473097.jpg (26 KB, 720x560) Image search: [Google]
1460044473097.jpg
26 KB, 720x560
Dysphoria is more like a drive to me. I feel good being a girl and feel ungood not being a girl. Everything else is just an attempt to feel good and not feel ungood.

It's really not that complicated.

>B-buh my BII
I don't want to cut my penis off I just want to have a vagina. It just so happens that having a penis gets int he way of having a vagina.
>>
>>6086828
youre a moronic faggot. hating things that are normal to hate isnt a mental condition. its normal.
>>
>>6081488
never. paleontologists find male bones buried in female clothing from like the neolithic era

the problem is that they don't feel female enough. basically something about being a tranny makes it so you feel like you're in the opposite sex's body, and long enough in that situation it is painful ( like imagine if someone secretly started feeding you hormones and you woke up with tities)

no one wants to be trans
>>
>>6088936
>no one wants to be trans
nobody wakes up thinking "what a great day to be trans! i love it!" yet for some reason morons act like transgenders want to be trans. literally retarded
>>
>>6088978
>yet for some reason morons act like transgenders want to be trans
The whole idea of being transgender is that you have a fucking self-identity crisis based on nothing other than being a bored middle-class white woman.

Being a dragqueen is not a medical condition.
Being asexual is not a medical condition.
Having a septum piercing is not a medical condition.
Having pink hair is not a medical condition.
Thinking youre a turtle is not a medical condition.

Fucking kill yourself you degenerate faggots.
Stop pretending to be us.
>>
>>6082497
>asking for a friend.
Does this kind of expression make you Trans though?
>>
>>6089314
uh, i was agreeing with that person
>>
>>6083375
>it makes no sense
Because you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>6089933
I think that anon is speaking as a terf
>>
>>6090269
I think that anon is actually trutrans™
>>
>>6090338
>trutrans™
Thats just a term you tumblr faggots invented to excuse your bullshit.
Youre cis and a fucking faggot.
Stop trying to invade LGBT with your bullshit personalities youre claiming is a sexuality or a medical issue.
You can stop whenever you want.
Theres nothing wrong with you.
You just want to latch onto us because you get picked on at school because you look and act like a faggot.
Stop being so fucking autistic and maybe you wouldn't be "oppressed".
>>
>>6090413
no need to get so triggered my man they werent even insulting you
chilld
>>
>>6090478
chill
>>
>>6081507

How is that any different than people who feel inadequate from any part of their body? People get plastic surgery because those parts make them feel "depressed".

All of their issues are psychological and can be overcome once they accept themselves for who they are, and those people live happier lives because of it. People who spend their whole lives trying to make themselves look like their ideal self are never happy. They chase surgery after surgery, with the thought that the next one will make all their problems go away. It never does, and they remain sad people inside.

Please explain how being transgender is different than that.
>>
>>6090529
being transgender has nothing to do with anything its just a label.
Like Im an angry person.
Im funny.
Im a total squirrel.
It has no basis on anything.
>>
>>6090529
>once they accept themselves for who they are
lel if you think just pretending to be cis will make someone with sex dysphoria "happy" in any way youre honestly retarded
its not like disliking your hair color or your nose, its a mental illness. not some "im so ugly :(" insecurity 14 year old bullshit
>>
>>6081488
>Socialize as a girl
>Difficulty relating to guys as a friend properly
>Difficulty socializing as a guy
>Hate male parts/features of your body because they feel wrong.
>Don't feel female, don't feel male.
>Even if you try to change/fight it/repress it/hate it, you can't change how you are.

The last point is most important, I feel anyone who instantly accepted "oh yeah I'm trans and I should transition" instantly is just an AGP memer.
>>
>>6090619

I see. Everything is a label in some way. The term "label" is a label.

>>6090633

How is this "mental illness" any different than the "mental illness" someone would experience from being too self conscious about their appearance?

Also, can you please refrain from name calling? I wouldn't disrespect you in the same way.

>>6090654

What does it mean to socialize as a boy or girl?
>>
>>6081488
Daily reminder that gender is a made up social construct. Bye
>>
>>6090726
>How is this "mental illness" any different than the "mental illness" someone would experience from being too self conscious about their appearance?

simple: EVERYONE, trans or not, feels bad about a part of their body, whether its their weight, their nose/hair like i mentioned, their voice, etc. the difference is that people who are not trans dont feel so bad about their body that they go a week + without showering because they hate it so much. except maybe really overweight people

of course there is body dysmorphic disorder which is somewhat similar to sex dysphoria, but these are both mental disorders
>>
>>6090782
simply ebin post friend
le upvoted
>>
>>6083375

>being this HBS
>in 2016
>being in denial about a scientific fact regarding your physical state of being
>not realizing that you sound like a buttmad old hon
>>
File: 10602390297.jpg (65 KB, 306x273) Image search: [Google]
10602390297.jpg
65 KB, 306x273
>>6090789
>implying I dont pass
>implying im not normal and like any other girl
>implying you arent all a fucking bunch of weirdo freaks who look like transvestite hookers and haven't become the new generation of transface scum
>pic related: its you trying to latch onto T
>>
>>6090803
Its ok pham, I understand it must be really difficult, soul crushing even, to try and fail so hard at fitting in.

Like, I get it. You've got a mortgage, a wife, kids and a nice stem gig, but jacking it in panties while you imagine yourself in the arms of a tall, manly stud just aint doing it anymore.

So you have your little mid life crisis. You see all these unworthy transbians and sissy faggots who pass when you, the purest homosexual transsexual snowflake, are beset on all sides by the inequities of life.

Tall, hairy, handsome, with a soothing baritone voice that kills you a little more each time you speak. Its hard. But its okay anon. You don't have to be so bitter.

Everyone knows that you're trans. Thats okay too. Keep your chin up. I'm sure you will find someone, somewhere to validate your sorry existence one day.
>>
>>6090726
>What does it mean to socialize as a boy or girl

How you interact with boys/girls, especially at a young age, varies based on your gender. The value of potential romantic partners also is determined differently, guys will find 80% of girls fuckable, and another 10% fuckable but they'd never tell their friends about it. In fact, male brains are wired to find specific things sexy, regardless of stimulus.

Girls on the other hand, their opinions on what's sexy changes based on other peoples impressions of a person, hence why internet shut in males whine about girls being sluts only attracted to money etc.

Of course that's one of many differences, and only an expert who's studied the development of boys/girls can answer every little question you have with sufficient detail.
>>
>>6081488
Ftm here, but I'll respond anyways. I've got a male brain because I got fucked to shit in utero. When I look in the mirror and see lumps instead of a normal chest, it just isn't right. It's fucking nasty—and where is my dick at? There's just a hole there. Don't even get me started on how my hips do this weird curve thing. My voice is like a squeak, too. On top of that, the social aspect is hell. Pretending to be a woman was so tiring. I always had to hike my voice up to sound normal to other people. If I hung out with my bros and got drunk with em, everyone thought I was a slut that was putting out. I could never just act normal either. Always gotta be super happy and chipper. Make up and eyebrow tweezing was impossible to do, and the result made me feel like someone threw a bag of dirt on my face. In spite of this, when I didn't do my makeup, everyone assumed I was depressed, even after telling them five times that I was perfectly fine. The names for all the makeup things are stupid too. I always got concealer and foundation confused. I'm actually still not sure what the difference is. Also, why can't you just use blush as eyeshadow? Isn't it the same type of powder stuff? Family doesn't help a lot either. They have the best intentions but they make everything so much worse. They shower you with swimsuits and dresses, and when you don't like them, they shower you with more—and guess what, you know that weird strappy bikini thing grandma bought you? If you don't put that shit on and model it for her immediately, she's going to flip out on you. Why aren't you more appreciative? I'm not a drag queen, fuck. Fucking disgusting. Gg to people who can do that but that shit is impossible to me. That's why I transitioned. Mentally I'm a guy, and pretending to be a girl was so disgusting that it made me want to chug Clorox.
>>
>>6081488
People have been trans for thousands of years man. It isn't new and it's not going to stop happening.
>>
>>6090845
FUCKING SHUT DOWN
>>
>>6086790
We were here wayyyyy before your prude contrarian, ass showed up.
>>
>>6083375
Look, everyone is different. People break down and analyze their dysphoria in different ways. Just because it exists, and it is typically understood to have specific hormonal and neurological causes that may lend itself towards a certain gender conformist philosophy (If MtF: Born a woman, always a woman, etc.), people are allowed to think otherwise about themselves. If a person who's called a male at birth believes that defines them for the rest of their life as a male regardless of whether they have dysphoria or not, that's their business. That's how they see themselves, and you should respect that.

The limitation on hormone therapy and surgery to only those birth-assigned males who are intrinsically compelled to label themselves absolutely to be female through and through is a pointlessly oppressive paradigm that doesn't take into account all of the different perspectives, all of the different varieties of human development, and all of the different people that may require it no matter how they label themselves.

Gender dysphoria is, as we understand it, a psychological phenomenon with a physical cause. No one chooses to have it, and it's not exactly an enjoyable experience in the world as it is today... with its constant fear and hatred of the unknown, or the different.

There are enough people in this world who want to tear us down, to kill us, to sweep us under some proverbial rug and pretend not only that we don't exist, but that our existence is impossible. Why be another obstacle in someone's life, a life you know is just as hard if not harder than yours, when you can lend a hand?
>>
File: 1461664412220.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1461664412220.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>6081696
Yeah pretty much
>>
>>6086045
> What do you think of the fact that suicide rates for trans people are the same before or after surgery?

Whose fault is that? Idiot
>>
>>6081488
I don't feel like a female, the whole problem is that I feel way too male. Have you not been paying attention?
>>
>>6090845
Youre describing yourself not me dumb fuck.
You just want to throw that shit on me because you cant handle the fucking truth that youre not really transexual and refuse to see the blaring red flags that youre just a brainwashed fetishist.
But when you kill yourself because you outgrow your DIE CIS SCUM angsty 15 year old stage, remember that I tried to help you before it was too late, but you didnt want to listen.
I guess you can always find some fag to plow your bucci or take T shots.
>>
>>6090726
>How is this "mental illness" any different than the "mental illness" someone would experience from being too self conscious about their appearance?
It's not the same kind of feeling as being ugly or any "normal" body insecurity. Several reasons:
>it's specifically to do with sexually dimorphic features, and specially desiring to look like the opposite sex (nothing to do with being attractive or anything like that). An MtF could be a 10 out of 10 masculine-looking man and be fully aware of that, and still feel disgusted with themselves for not being female (maybe even more so than if they were less attractive as a man). A common question asked to people trying to figure out if they're transsexual is "would you prefer to be an attractive man or an ugly woman?"
>It doesn't go away with psychological counselling. Normal insecurity, even when it's very extreme, can be dealt with in this way; transsexualism can't be, which is why transitioning is an actual treatment that's provided and endorsed by medical professionals (since it's the only thing that works)
>It's not well understood at this point, but there's evidence that transsexualism has different/specific causes which distinguish it from other conditions (or normal negative feelings which don't qualify as conditions) which may present superficially similar symptoms
>Physical dysphoria is often accompanied by social dysphoria (over other people's perceptions and treatment relative to the sufferer's sex/gender), or dysphoria over non-cosmetic qualities (such as the ability to become pregnant)
>See >>6090749
>>
>>6090726
>>6092728
Comparing it to body dysmorphia:
In body dysmorphia there is often a delusional component, where the body is experienced to be worse than it really is; transsexuals are fully aware of what their bodies are really like. Furthermore, body dysmorphia often does not improve when the perceived flaws are altered (though surgery, etc.); a transsexual's physical dysphoria will abate when the physical features are changed to conform to how they want them to be.
>>
>>6086045
>What do you think of the fact that suicide rates for trans people are the same before or after surgery?
They're not, you're lying for some lame shitposting.

>Doesn't that make it obvious that mutilating your body is not the answer?
No it just makes it obvious that you care about your feels over facts and reality and are every bit as bad as the "delusions" you suppose to fight against.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.