[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Congrats /pol/ you converted me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 27
File: image.gif (316 KB, 245x145) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
316 KB, 245x145
Please explain to me how being trans isn't a mental illness. I was trans but have been off the mones for a month now after reading all the medical articles and regret stories. How can wanting to screw up your natural body rhythm, cutting off your balls, and trying to convince people you're an actual woman be normal. You have to be fucking crazy to tell me that having any of those feelings is normal. The truth is that we'll never be actual women and never be looked at in that way. We'll never have a vagina a true vagina with a uterus and the ability to be a mom. We are born with only one body it's male or female and no matter how surgery we have it won't change us to who we really feel like. No matter how many men we "ease" into the idea, it won't ever change the fact that in the back of their mind we won't quiet be "it". Why would we want to put ourselves through this giant struggle just to feel a bit more comfortable with ourselves, I've never liked guys, but for those that do wouldn't it be easier to be gay too. I realized that dating is easier, we'd get to keep that extra money that women don't get paid, and wouldn't always feel that self conscious shit when going out in public. Plus no more discriminating or harassment. Idk I think /pol/ has converted me, and I'm not happy about it.
>>
I hope you enjoy living the rest of your life as a repressed hon, hon.
>>
>>6062467
I'm only 19 and pass I'm not that fucked.
>>
>>6062453
/pol/ here. The wage gap doesn't exist, you fucking delusional shit. Women make less money because they refuse to do high paying but dangerous jobs. Over 90% of people who die at work are men.

Also, congrats on realizing the truth. You can work your way through this and live a happy, productive life even with mental illness. Don't give up. Just do your best.
>>
>>6062490
I work with mostly women that do the same job that I do and I have to process paychecks sometimes the pay gap is real.
>>
File: 1461232598058.jpg (31 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
1461232598058.jpg
31 KB, 400x394
>>6062453
If you listen to a single thing /pol/ says you are retarded. They're an ideologically driven cesspool of ressentiment, they don't give a shit about Trannies one way or the other, they only pretend to care becuse it's another battleground for the tedious American culture war.

"Mental illness" is an ill defined buzzword. If you're happier without a dick then chop it off. Truth is, nobody actually gives a fuck.

t. Straight white cis male.
>>
/pol/ is completely retarded full of edgy underage kids. Don't believe me? One of my best friends is gay and has caught his 15 year old brother on /pol/. Said brother also is now pro-nazi and shit.
>>
>>6062453
>we'd get to keep that extra money that women don't get paid

So this board really is tumblr.
>>
>letting others define your existence
LOL, obviously you were never trans to begin with
>>
>>6062511
Same hours worked? Salary negotiated? If not report it to the police because it is illegal to pay women less because they're just women.
>>
>>6062511
The perceived wage gap is a result of individual choice of career. I'll take statistical evidence that men work for longer and in more dangerous and lucrative jobs any day over anecdotes from some dude on 4chan that claims the wage gap is real.

>>6062532
>ressentiment
>Trannies

Opinion disregarded, mouthbreather.
>>
>>6062511
Most of the women I know around my age are making more, and are promoted more quickly than the men.
>>
>>6062453
No one cares, do whatever you want with yourself. It's not like being trans affects anyone but you. Call it mental illness, call it extreme paraphilia, call it penis inverting syndrome, or deep fried bagel, it's ultimately irrelevant. Do anything that pleases you with your body and don't be a whiny cunt with other people, tumblr sjw style. It comes with pros and cons of course, because you can't expect society to fully hugbox you either, and you'll need to pack up some to go through transitions. Now, if you are so easily discouraged by /pol/ shitposters maybe you should REALLY reconsider your choice, it may not be what you want from life.

tl;dr : do whatever you think will make you feel better with yourself and to hell with random 4chan boards
>>
OP is a weak-minded straight man who pussified out as soon as pol-kun started badmouthing his disorder

enjoy cumming in icky pussies and being the dad you always didn't want to be lol
>>
>>6062646
>> pussies out
I've been on mones for a year and a half this has been a long time coming.
>> have fun coming in pussies
I never liked guys so... yeah was gonna do that regardless
>> have fun being the dad you never wanted to be
As long as I get to have a kid and raise it better than the fucked job mine did I'll be happy regardless of the title I get.

Not sure if this was a troll or not but it made me laugh a little, thanks for the cheer up anon.
>>
>>6062586
It's not ressentiment towards trannies, it's ressentiment towards "leftists/liberals/culturalmarxists/jews" etc. Tranny hate is just part of that obsession.
>>
OP you aren't tru-trans or even AGP BUT if you are, you're gonna regret this because being trans never goes away.Ever.

Have fun killing yourself when you're 50 or transition to a mega hon even at 60 or living a normal life as a man because you're not really trans.
>>
>>6062713
It's spelled resentment, you turd.
>>
>>6062453
>I was trans but have been off the mones for a month now after reading all the medical articles and regret stories.

Why you lyin?
>>
You're either trolling or about to do the repression rumba again. Godspeed, OP.
>>
>>6062715
Get's shit from both /pol/tards and /lgbt/rannys where the fuck would you like me to go the cause I'm sure as hell not picking one of these fucked up sides.
>>
>>6062727
>It's spelled resentment, you turd.
Different things you cretin. Read a fucking book
>>
top lel
i'm a trap
but i go fulltime as a girl
my partner's a /fit/ /pol/lack
hes catholic and so is his family
and ive met his family

and we're both voting for trump. have fun killing yourself
>>
>>6062481
yeah no you are falling for classic hon trap, you would be stupid to think every trans person doesnt think about this stuff, Pretty sure that stuff is inclduded in dysphoria

Also fun fact hormones become less powerful as you become older and more manly
>>
>>6062453
lol, I'm the opposite OP. I was a proud der joos /pol/boy, then wandered over here on a sanders thread and found my people--mtfg the struggle is real <3
>>
>>6062922
>sanders thread
lool
do you also suck BBCs now?
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 268x190) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 268x190
Tfw something clicks and you realize that you've been taking advice from men that call themselves straight yet lurk on this board, and other mentally unstable people and can just go back to being a normal person by leaving and letting these people drive each other insane. Wow, I feel exceptionally stupid now goodbye 4chan.
>>
>>6062467
welcome to your future faggot
>>6051206
>>
>>6062453
Stories are nice but the actual statistics show a very low regret rate, it's a neurological disorder and transitions is the most effective available treatment.
>>
>>6062453
>we'd get to keep that extra money that women don't get paid
You got me believing you until I realized this was a bait thread.
>>
>>6062490
>The wage gap doesn't exist
>Women make less money
Choose one. The wage gap doesn't suddenly stop existing just because you've pinpointed a cause for it. That's like saying orbits don't exist because you know they're caused by gravity.
>>
>>6063447
are you retarded? the whole idea of the wage gap is that women get paid less than men FOR THE SAME WORK. if the difference between men and women's pay disappears once you adjust for profession and hours worked, then the wage gap doesn't exist. otherwise you may as well complain that there's a "wage gap" between doctors and janitors. I'm generally liberal and I hate to agree with a /pol/ tard, but you're just fucking wrong on this point.
>>
>>6062453
if thats your wish then i hope that you can live that way. living as a cis male is much easier than a trans woman. the reality is that no -- trans women arent cis women. we will never be. that doesnt mean we arent women though. we're just a different kind.

you can say that trannies are just men because of their chromosomes/genitals/etc but after youve been living full time as a female after your transition period our experiences do not match that of a males by any extent. we experience the world as females and estrogen over time definitely does change how you act and think. viewing it from that perspective it doesnt make sense to call trans women men. biologically, we will always be male but if that bothers you then you shouldnt transition in the first place. if youre really trans you dont have to pretend to be a woman, you just are.

if you can bear to live as a male then go for it. its just unfortunate hearing the complaints of 60+ year old transitioners who say they had a chance in the teens or twenties but didnt take it and it was the worst decision of their life.
>>
You can be far-right and a tranny at the same time you idiot.
Don't do this, you're just going to repress your feelings and become a hon.

I thought about stopping hrt for awhile for such reasons, but I didn't quit. If I'd stopped I think it would have been the worst mistake of my life.
Get back on the hormones, you have the tranny curse and you can't run away now.
>>
>>6062863
Actually they don't, hormone levels in natural women drop due to menopause but don't in trans women cause #hormones so you always look feminine.
>>
File: 251245.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
251245.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>falling for memes from a literal containment board
Holy fucking shit, people on this site are getting stupid.
>>
>>6062840

*sigh*

Another day spent alone without a Catholic bf.

>>6063942

I think they're actually saying that now that OP is off HRT, it won't be as easy in some years for them to pass because estrogen won't be enough for the additional virilization they have gone through.
>>
File: CebbH4VWwAAHr1S.jpg large.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
CebbH4VWwAAHr1S.jpg large.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
So in all seriousness, here's my thought pattern here.
Bathrooms have historically been segregated via sex and genitals which in itself is physical evidence.
Now, transgenders want bathrooms to be segregated via gender which, is a social construct.
The segregation would then be a socially constructed vehicle to which then I ask, why have segregated bathrooms to begin with if people want them to be based via gender despite the fact bathrooms have been ergonomically engineered to suit your sex?
>>
>>6065463
>>falling for memes from a literal containment board

You mean /lgbt/?
>>
Another hon in the making.

Enjoy your 'bell going off' after you've had kids and got married trying to repress your shit.
>>
>>6065506
/lgbt/ didn't spread shitty trump memes and racist shitposts on legitimate boards.
>>
>>6065500
check them dubs
>>
>>6063694
>are you retarded? the whole idea of the wage gap is that women get paid less than men FOR THE SAME WORK
No, that's just specific aspect of the wage gap. Wage gap just means that there's a difference in wages between groups. And yes there IS a wage gap between doctors and janitors, but everyone knows that so there's no real need to talk about it.
>>
File: 1460612975486.jpg (71 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1460612975486.jpg
71 KB, 720x480
>>6062453
OP I can relate with your sentiments. I actually agree with pretty much everything you said, except

>Why would we want to put ourselves through this giant struggle just to feel a bit more comfortable with ourselves

I don't want to put myself through this struggle, but I do it because the will to live and to be happy still outweighs my willingness to kill myself.

I'm lucky in that I pass and I am even pretty, but the constant thought that I am just all wrong and fake still persists and likely always will. But it persists less so than when I was cis. Before I transitioned I was a complete wreck and suicide was inevitable.

The likely response to my situation from critics would be to man up and condition myself to be cis. Well, if decades of behaviorist psychological experimentation has yielded anything it is that you cannot change a person's nature. In spite of conditioned behaviors, inevitably a person's natural tendencies and likings will always reemerge. This is why conversion therapy does not work. Further studies into such methods have also consistently shown such therapies to be psychologically damaging to the person.

Cont.
>>
File: 1353111298948.png (400 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1353111298948.png
400 KB, 640x480
>>6066544
It comes from this understanding and educated perspective that accept myself as the imperfect transsexual that I am. My fairest shot at being happy is to accept this about myself and continue my life as normally as possible.

If you can live with yourself without transitioning then good for you. That's what you should do. But for some of us, we would be dead if we didn't transition. My current being isn't perfect by any means, but at least I'm alive and at times happy.

/pol/ isn't necessarily wrong about trans people being "freaks" (anomaly would be more scientific), but /pol/ is certainly uneducated when it comes to psychological research on issues of gender, sexuality, and behavior. You cannot condition a person to have a ___ gender or ___ sexuality, and we are a product of a complex relationship between genes and environment.

We are who we are. Accepting ourselves and foster a society that embraces the diversity of the human experience is for the best.
>>
>>6066544

>when I was cis

Now how that works, senpai. If you are trans, you were trans, and if you were cis you were always cis.
>>
>>6066613
Take your semantics and shove them up your ass shitlord.

If you have something relevant to add to the conversation to say then say it, but if you just want to be a grammar Nazi for your made up words then just fuck off.

>before I realized and accepted that I was trans*

Are you happy now pissbaby?

I swear this is the worst fucking board in the history of 4chan. It's just filled with pretty much nothing but shit posters who have absolutely nothing relevant to say in regards to the OP's prompt. Literally ever. Having an actual discussion here is just fucking taboo isn't it?
>>
>>6066906

Why are you so upset over an important distinction? It's important you don't confuse the general public by making them think you were normal and you were "made transgender." You may say there are no members of the general public here (at least no one worth paying attention to, but consider this a reminder if you do come end up in a situation where you're explaining transgender identity to others who don't know). You would otherwise develop this into a bad habit.
>>
>>6066906
whoa calm down now big guy
>>
>>6066929
>>6066932
Case in point. I give a lengthy legitimate reply to the OP and I get 0 legitimate response. I get annoyed and make an off topic reply, and I instantly get two responses.

Fuck all of you. You are the reason this board is shit.
>>
>>6066951
you seem confused
>>
File: 1460325610677.jpg (86 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1460325610677.jpg
86 KB, 960x720
>>6066951

Well, I'm not bothering responding to OP's neurotic horse shit seriously because even if they have a point, you feel many times worse without the hormones. That alone is worth continuing them. OP's silly for stopping out of fatalism. Throwing out the baby with the bath water out of feeling nothing's good enough is a bad habit I had a lot when I was repressing, and I suppose one that I still have, to a lesser degree now.
>>
File: 1453932071502.jpg (91 KB, 736x416) Image search: [Google]
1453932071502.jpg
91 KB, 736x416
>>6062453
you did the right thing brother
>>
File: 19q9b.jpg (9 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
19q9b.jpg
9 KB, 300x247
>>6062532
>"Mental illness" is an ill defined buzzword.
>>
>>6062564

Salary negotiation is a trash and sexist relic. Men get paid more for literally the exact same work as women because they're perceived to be more competent regardless of the reality of the situation, and they get to negotiate for higher salaries because women who assert themselves in negotiations are seen as being too aggressive. Jobs should have fixed and transparent salary scales for the position and time you've been in that role.
>>
OP, assuming you're MTF you could give us a very interesting perspective if you lift weights, do steroids and other things to increase your testosterone.

I think there is some limited work to suggest shooting up an MTF with test' instead of est' could actually be the key to treating him.
>>
>>6067301

http://www.avitale.com/TNote15Testosterone.htm

You can ask trannies on this very board how they felt while lifting or taking testosterone. It's nothing innovative, they're actually classic repression tools with no positive effects.
>>
>>6062532
>"Mental illness" is an ill defined buzzword.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
>GID is classified as a disorder by the ICD-10 CM and DSM-5
>>
>>6067309
>http://www.avitale.com/T"Note15Testosterone.htm
>However, a subset of genetic males appear to respond to testosterone in a manner that evokes an overwhelming desire to express feelings of femininity. I know that sounds counterintuitive but hear me out. "
let me cut you right off there bro

the reason for this is actually pretty simple and it doesn't need a psychologist's explanation at all: testosterone is nothing but a weak androgenic prohormone, it either gets converted to DHT that does all the manly super lifting or estradiol. voila, even as a man/male with this much amount of T like 999 ng/dl or whatever can have this desire because of all that estrogen that gets converted from T

t. armchair biologist
>>
>>6067398
>In December 2002, the British Lord Chancellor's office published a Government Policy Concerning Transsexual People document that categorically states, "What transsexualism is not ... It is not a mental illness."[62] In May 2009, the government of France declared that a transsexual gender identity will no longer be classified as a psychiatric condition.[63]
This is the only hit for "mental illness" on that page.
>>
>>6067444

Do you really think that small increase in estrogen is enough to overpower the injected testosterone? These aren't AIS patients you're talking about.
>>
>>6067588
just about a small amount of estrogen is enough to trigger that state, yeah
if that wasn't true, injecting men with more testosterone would surely cure them of their inclinations, not make them more depressed
>>
>>6067593
>if that wasn't true, injecting men with more testosterone would surely cure them of their inclinations, not make them more depressed
Do you have any reason to think that?
>>
>>6063198
See you tomorrow
>>
>>6067579
Holy fuck a moly, ignore what the SJWs are saying, gender dysphoria is a psychiatric disorder.

"Amental disorder, also called amentalillness orpsychiatric disorder, is a diagnosis of a behavioral ormentalpattern that can cause suffering or a poor ability to function in ordinary life."

Gender dysphoria certainly causes suffering to ones psychiatric well-being. Therefore, in one way or another one should seek assistance for said disorder...
>>
>>6067692
*"A mental disorder, also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, is a diagnosis of a behavioral or mental pattern that can cause suffering or a poor ability to function in ordinary life."
>>
Sure is bait-y on this board tonight. You'd think these people would go out with their frie-

...oh, wait.
>>
>>6062453
>2 months later, the headlines roll
"Anon jumped and died"
>>
File: furiza_traning.jpg (172 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
furiza_traning.jpg
172 KB, 580x580
>>6062532
...you're a stupid fuck.

Even if we dislike eachother, when your rights get fucked with, they come and fuck with us.

WE HAVE TO PROTECT YOU.

We countrymen at the very least, neighbor.
>>
>>6062646
>enjoy cumming in icky pussies and being the dad you always didn't want to be lol
Only on /lgbt/ L-fucking-MAO
>>
File: 1454420324434.jpg (58 KB, 567x642) Image search: [Google]
1454420324434.jpg
58 KB, 567x642
>>6067309
good read thanks for the link anon.
>>
File: 1443971489445.jpg (577 KB, 750x1920) Image search: [Google]
1443971489445.jpg
577 KB, 750x1920
Transgender group has turned into one big cult:

>"I realized I was born in the wrong body"
>Questionnaires to determine how "trans" you are
>Pushed to re-name GID to gender dysphoria because it's less "triggering" and to try imply it's not a mental illness
>Pressure people into transitioning
>"Transition or die"
>"If you don't transition you'll end up a ugly person like the others who will never be accepted and end up killing yourself"
>caste system based on passibility and trans-ness
>Hugboxing to the extreme
>People who or want to de-transition get way less support and are often shunned
>>
File: 1461250721229.png (1 MB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1461250721229.png
1 MB, 912x905
>>6069535

Gay group has turned into one big cult:

>"I realized I like men"
>Questionnaires to determine how "gay" you are
>Pushed to re-move homosexuality from the DSM to being normal because it's less "triggering" and to imply faggots are normal
>Pressure people into being tops
>"Top or die, there are too many bottoms"
>"If you don't meet the gay community criteria for bottom or top you will not find a partner"
>caste system based on flamboyant, bear, twink, top, bottom
>People who want to seek conversion therapy or behavioral therapy to become straight are often shunned and met with less support.
>>
File: 1454938996610.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454938996610.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1200
>>6062453
Gay and Trans is both a mental illness. Good job coming back from oblivion.
>>
>>6069535
LGBT movement has turned into one big cult:

>"I realized I'm not cis-het"
>Questionnaires to determine what you are
>Pushed to being considered normal and given equal rights despite being a mutation.
>Pressure people into accepting LGBT
>"LGBT or bigot"
>"If you don't accept your LGBT-ness you'll never be happy"
>caste system based Gay > Lesbian > Bi > Transgender in fighting.
>Hugboxing to the extreme and faggotry pride parades.
>People who or want to leave the LGBT community or seek conversion therapy shunned.

What's your fucking point? You could apply this model to literally every community.
>>
>>6069535
Sport fans have turned into one big cult:

>"I realized I love sports"
>Questionnaires to determine what your favorite team is and players.
>My favorite team is the Colts. Fight with away anyone that thinks they suck because it triggers me.
>Pressure people into liking the Colts and realizing their superiority.
>"Colts or die"
>"If you don't support the Colts you are not a real hoosier"
>caste system based on league standings and team rivalries.
>People who want to criticize or leave the Colts fanbase are often shunned.
>>
>>6066544
>>6066556
Post boipuissi
>>
File: vegan_withclipartwords.gif (52 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
vegan_withclipartwords.gif
52 KB, 600x331
>>6069535

Vegetarianism has turned into one big cult:

>"I realized I feel better eaten vegan"
>Questionnaires to determine if you are paleo, full vegan, pescatarian,
>Pushed to re-name veganism to normal dieting because it's less "triggering" and to try imply humans are omnivorous and need meat.
>Pressure people into being vegan
>"Vegan or die"
>"If you don't eat green, you are killing animals and the planet and you will feel worse"
>caste system based on degrees of veganism
>People who want to start eating meat again get way less support and are often shunned
>>
File: RichardDawkins.jpg (289 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
RichardDawkins.jpg
289 KB, 630x420
>>6069535

Evolutionary biologists have turned into one big cult:

>"I realized how species and life evolved"
>Degrees to determine how "expert" you are
>Pushed to re-name genesis to evolutionary biology because it's more real
>Pressure people into agreeing
>"Evolution or die"
>"If you don't believe in evolution you are illogical and dont understand the reality of earth"
>caste system based on research credits, degree of belief, and academic background
>People who or want to speak against evolution are shunned.
>>
File: gamers_97200740.jpg (32 KB, 652x416) Image search: [Google]
gamers_97200740.jpg
32 KB, 652x416
>>6069535

Video gamers have turned into one big cult:

>"I realized I love video games"
>Questionnaires to determine what your favorite games are
>Pushed to re-name being lazy and gaming to ESPORTS because it's less "triggering" and to try imply 99.9% of people are wasting their time
>Pressure people into joining the game
>"Don't be a noob or die"
>"If you don't try and go pro, you'll regret it later in your life
>caste system based on skill, popularity, and game types.
>Competition to the extreme
>People who or want to quit the game community get way less support and are often shunned
>>
File: 1424050773054.jpg (7 KB, 172x200) Image search: [Google]
1424050773054.jpg
7 KB, 172x200
>>6069544
>>6069548
>>6069556
>>6069566
>>6069574
>>6069581

Look at all of this strawman.
>>
File: Naquadah.jpg (26 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Naquadah.jpg
26 KB, 853x480
>>6069544
>>6069548
>>6069556
>>6069566
>>6069574
>>6069581

Ultrakek. This anon got shit on: >>6069535

>Transgender group has turned into one big cult:

Besides the fact you got BTFO it's pretty stupid you think there is a big "transgender hivemind group". Do you meet transpeople in real life or just browse communities on the internet that represent a minority of the people that exist in the world?

hmm
>>
>>6068826
Breeder pls go, if you want to waste your life and money on a kid then go ahead.
>>
>>6069592
How did I get BTFO? I don't need to BTFO uppity trannies either, they do it to themselves on a daily basis.

>it's pretty stupid you think there is a big "transgender hivemind group"

But all of these reflection responses and comments on this thread just prove my point. It's an advanced echo chamber when you mix in politics and psychology.

>Do you meet transpeople in real life or just browse communities

Actually I did, not just on-line but off-line.
>>
>>6067879
??? This post is the truth, why would it be bad
>>
File: 1449177562046.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1449177562046.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
>>6068826
what in the fuck are you doing here then?
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>6069628

>But all of these reflection responses and comments on this thread just prove my point.

Exactly. You are trying to speak at large about transgender people but you are using information gathered from a highly specific demographic that uses the internet regularly and uses 4chan.

... Guess what, that's a very small minority.
>>
convenience creates conflict
>>
>>6062453
>Please explain to me how being trans isn't a mental illness
I won't. Because it is.

Yeah, that's not comfortable to swallow, but transgenderism is a mental disorder. The tabula rasa of humanity is to NOT feel disconnected from your own genes on the physical level. But trans people do.

HOWEVER, dealing with mental illnesses take many forms. Mental illness is a broad term for a whole bunch of problems, such as depression, anxiety disorder, all the way to paranoid schizophrenia or Cotard delusion. And all of those are designed to be treated so as to have the smallest impact for the most return to normalcy. And for transgenders, the solutions are either to surpress the emotions via intense drug therapy, or to accommodate their desires.

Do I think this is the end-all be-all direction trans people should go? No, it's expensive and ineffective to change your entire body to be the gender your mental illness leans you towards. The real end-goal should be to accept the gender you were actually born as, not the one your illness makes you believe you are. And perhaps the insistence on 'transwomen' gets muddled in that, but right now, it's simpler for society and the affected to just work WITH the need to change than fighting it.
>>
>>6069635
>a highly specific demographic
>that's a very small minority.

http://www.newyorker.com/science/maria-konnikova/social-psychology-biased-republicans
https://radfemrepost.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/kathy2/
https://transgenderreality.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu-giO6d5ww
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNp3u0qcDJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--_uxIZnyjo

Go outside of 4chan. It's not just here. Sure there are people who think for themselves, but there is familiar and dangerous hivemind narrative I see all too well and it doesn't help these people at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 633x973
>>6062453
>tfw I'm a /pol/ack who despite being redpilled and having hated trannies, is gonna start taking hormones and transitioning
>I can't repress any more
>>
>>6069719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1cXf2RU4p0
https://youtu.be/YgQy70_LPS4?t=1m50s
>>
>>6069729
You've seen a therapist, right?
>>
>>6069602
>>6069632
I'm MTF pre-everything fuck off. I identified as a straight man up until age 20 and this is all very new.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (559 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
559 KB, 2048x1536
>>6069719

I'm not saying there isn't a part of people that push transition on people but you're trying to say it's an overwhelming majority when in reality at least half of transpeople don't even like to talk about their trans-issues.

LOL at linking to Transgenderreality.com since they cherry pick literally the most extreme examples in online communities to try and say that is the reality of transgender people. In the top 5 recent posts on their site, if you look at the threads they come from there are people saying the opposite, telling people to question more, meet with a counciller, and take it slow. It's like going to /pol/ and picking the most racist and sexist comments then trying to say the entire conservative party is like that.

I'm not denying there are aggressive people in the transcommunity that try to force it outwards but to try and say it's a majority or even close to 25% of the community is just asinine.

You are worked up over a tiny extremist minority of the transcommunity.

Why? Maybe you are afraid they will trick people and hurt them. Compare that damage to what religious people have done with conversion therapy (driving gays and lesbians to suicide), compare that to global warming deniers who are literally laughing in the face of a looming global catastrophe that will displace hundreds of millions.

I think you've spent a bit too much time in places that highlight that thinking and now you think it's the norm. It's not.
>>
>>6069744
I still don't see what's so bad about what was originally said, not all of us want kids lmao
>>
>>6069680
>The real end-goal should be to accept the gender you were actually born as, not the one your illness makes you believe you are.
Wow, denial much? At the same time I see where you're coming from. When you have a neurological disorder, it makes more sense to treat the condition inside the brain.
>>
>>6069739
That voice holy shit
>>
>>6069748
>I think you've spent a bit too much time in places that highlight that thinking and now you think it's the norm.

I've spent time on various forums, reddit, 4chan, youtube, tumblr, 4 or 5 lgbt organizations and clubs, met with doctors, psychologists, reading news articles and medical documentation.
It is becoming like a cult or echo chamber, as i've said yes, there are people who think for themselves and maybe they are in the majority of people, but there is a significant portion that shares this narrative and you can't just ignore them when they are influencing policy and ideals.

>Compare that damage to what religious people have done with conversion therapy (driving gays and lesbians to suicide), compare that to global warming deniers

There's little difference, all are biased sometimes denying reality. To make informed inclusions you'll need multiple sides.
>>
>>6069800
>inclusions
conclusions*
>>
>>6069771
Difference is most mental illnesses come from slightly out of whack chemical balances or transmitter uptake issues. So simple chemicals can help treat.

Transgender people have congruent:

>Structural Hemispheric and Lobar Connectivity
>Hypothalamus structure and activation
>Cortical Thickness
>White Matter
>Differences in Limbic nucleus
>diffusion tensor length
>Callosal Shapes
>Androgen receptor repeat length

So unless you have a highly trained neurosurgeon that can repair a bakers dozen worth of crucial regions in the brain, you aren't gonna change shit.

I think it's a physical mutation that manifests itself as mental discomfort.
>>
Republicans don't want transgender people using bathrooms of the gender they identify with because they're worried perverts will abuse this to get close to children and women. Because naturally everyone thinks of sex when they think of bathrooms: just ask all the Republican congressmen who use it to hook up with their foot tapping.

Because little boys wouldn't possibly be diddled by strange men in the men's restroom. Perverts are only straight and only go after females.

This is all just a scare tactic to get Republicans to get out and vote to "protect their women" from the overly PC left.

ANYONE loitering in a bathroom is up to no good. Anyone taking a camera into a bathroom is up to no good. Regardless of what's in their pants. Regardless of what they look like. If they want a law to protect everyone they need to make public bathrooms a no loitering space: if you're not in there to use the mirror, sink or toilet then you need to get the fuck out because why are you hanging out in a place where people are trying to do their business and leave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4pJLdCdQgQ
>>
>>6067301
No need to wonder, they literally tried that in the past, not just "man-ing up" with exercise and "manly" activities and diet but actually injecting them with sex-affirming hormones and it just made things worse which is why it was abandoned and we eventually settled on transition as the best option.
>I think there is some limited work to suggest shooting up an MTF with test' instead of est' could actually be the key to treating him
You think very incorrectly then.
>>
>>6069628
>It's an advanced echo chamber when you mix in politics and psychology
How about neurology?
Oh yeah, if something doesn't agree with your feels then it's part of "the conspiracy" right?
>>
>>6062600
THIS Tbh SENPAI.
>>6062679
prob wouldn't have gender issues if I had a dad.

>>6067297
They literally don't, theres laws against that. Feminist laws. Unless your goal is equality of outcome, regardless of ability, you won't receive equal representation in white-collar jobs, or blue for that matter, as the blue collar jobs are less demanding, and don't have identity politics lobby's pushing for ideological quotas.
>>6066300
Naomi Klein explains some of the dilemma that 3rd wave feminism is facing in the 'No Logo' book, which is, unlike "You're so racist! You're so bigoted! You're so sexist" accusations that we see are underpinned by assumed righteousness;
The target bigot "doesn't understand, hasn't been told, and needs to be informed!" ...which if you accept as premises for an action are reasonable justifications, BUT
are encountering today that the reasons being seen aren't motivated by ignorance of issues, but by financial necessity;

Feminism has at its heart the principles of Marxist reasoning; It seeks class-action goals, with the assumed principle of addressing financial problems, in an ultimately communist way; everyone SHOULD be the same, right, so why do outcomes differ?

Its not a matter of IGNORANCE, and people don't need to be TOLD something, its about economics and the consequences of choices.

If women took as many risky jobs as men, and worked as hard, they would have the same pay, or a business would only hire women, and profit somehow from the cheaper labor.
>>
>>6062840
lmao have fun with that guy once his folks find out. Then you'll be fulltime as a ghost.
>>
>>6065500
The only people passing legislation about bathrooms at this time (aka fixing what ain't broke) are buttpained conservatives scared of their own shadow.

Funny how they make a big shit about denying male rape culture, but male rape culture is essentially the driving force behind these bills.
>>
>>6066951
You're on fucking 4chan, you baby. If you wanted a therapist that could give you real, helpful answers in a safe environment you should go and pay for one like an adult.
>>
>>6071286
>The target bigot "doesn't understand, hasn't been told, and needs to be informed!"
Yeah that's blind extremism, in the same way that most of the people on this site who want to blanketly shit on LGBT people say the same things, that gays just aren't informed or enlightened or morally righteous enough to understand how wrong their existence is.

It's all the same bullshit, you just like Hugo Boss uniforms, 4chan shitposting and smelly neckbeards more so they seem more correct to you when they pull the same shit.
>>
>>6071320
You dense pig. I don't want "answers" or coddling I want fucking discussion about the topics that this board was explicitly created for.

Kill yourself shit poster. Your presence is pure shit and so are you.
>>
>>6069828
>Difference is most mental illnesses come from slightly out of whack chemical balances or transmitter uptake issues. So simple chemicals can help treat.

Why do you talk out your ass about things you clearly know nothing about? Are you not aware that in the presence of anyone even remotely educated on these kinds of things that you come across as being a complete fucking retard?

I just glanced at the rest of your shit post, and you are clearly deluded if you think there is ANY scientific understandings of transgenderism. At best there are a couple theories, and a few studies that show some difference, which all together equate to FUCK ALL.
>>
>>6071137
>How about neurology?
>Oh yeah, if something doesn't agree with your feels then it's part of "the conspiracy" right?

Neurology has nothing to do with this. Unlike politics and psychology it's based on hard biological observations and data and not assumptions, biases, or ideology. If you have a tranny brain then fine, but don't use it as an excuse.
>>
>>6062453
The thing is, being trans normally is related with mental illness. It's called gender dysphoria.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
>>
>>6072188
>Neurology has nothing to do with this.

Neurology has shown that transgender brains are more similar to the brains of their identified rather than their birth-assigned gender on almost every gendered metric. It's not just the part of the brain that self-identifies gender but all the rest of it that's female if you're MtF and male if you're FtM. This isn't some lame SJW propaganda oriented at redefining sex and gender: If you ARE your brain that means that MtFs ARE women and FtMs ARE men. It's not the brain that's out of whack with reality, but the rest of the body. Dysphoria is an illness but what needs adjusting is the rest of the body, not the brain. And that, OP, is why you should continue transitioning. If nothing else, if you insist on going off oestrogen, then at least stay on AAs so you won't cause irreversible damage if you resume your transition. It's clear you made this thread looking to be talked out of detransitioning anyway.
>>
>>6072871
>Dysphoria is an illness but what needs adjusting is the rest of the body, not the brain.

So then we give anorexics lipo suction, or encourage them to lose more pounds?
The best way to treat dysphoria is to accept your whole self, your body, your brain, your masculinity your femininity, your gender everything else is extra and cosmetic, giving you the illusion that you are the opposite gender when you really aren't.

>It's not just the part of the brain that self-identifies gender but all the rest of it that's female if you're MtF and male if you're FtM.

It's close to in-between, the MtFs and FtMs you are referring to already took hormones, which changed their brain structure.
>>
>>6073026
>And that OP, is why you should continue transitioning

No it's not, just because your brain is more feminine does not mean he should transition. Gay male brains are more feminine in some ways than the average male, but most of them don't live as woman, take hormones or HRT, and get multiples surgeries. Even some transgender people don't even take hormones or HRT, and get multiple surgeries.
OP is in doubt so why should he continue to be on lifelong Regimen of HRT and a life changing path as the opposite gender? It's a decision no one should be pressured or pushed into, but make the well informed, well funded, confidant choice to go into.
>>
>>6073026
>The best way to treat dysphoria is to accept your whole self, your body, your brain, your masculinity your femininity, your gender everything else is extra and cosmetic, giving you the illusion that you are the opposite gender when you really aren't
The "best way to treat" according to you indignant feels about "le degenerates", the actual doctors and research and statistics support transition and acceptance of trans people as the most effective available treatment.
>>
File: 1456269659739.png (323 KB, 326x405) Image search: [Google]
1456269659739.png
323 KB, 326x405
>>6065516
It doesn't jerk off to ponies either, still doesn't mean this isn't a containment board
>>
It's a disorder but not an illness. An illness has the potential to kill you directly.
>>
>>6071867
>physical differences in regions of the brain that are non-plastic past the womb don't mean anything!!!!1!!!

>>6072188
>Neurology has nothing to do with this.
Besides, you know, the neurological research on trannies
>Unlike politics and psychology it's based on hard biological observations and data and not assumptions, biases, or ideology
Yeah hard biological observations like physical biological structural differences observed in brain scans and dissections.
>If you have a tranny brain then fine, but don't use it as an excuse.
What? An excuse for what?
The non-plastic structures just show that the neurological differences must have occurred in the womb and not later on from degenerate culture or whatever hot new /pol/ meme you wanna go with.
>>
>>6073038
>Gay male brains are more feminine in some ways than the average male
Yeah to a lesser extent and in more limited regions than in trannies which could account for their swapped orientation much like more extensive neurological differences are associated with trannies and their swapped gender identity.
Similar neurological intersexuality might even account for femboys/tomboys to some extent.
>>
>>6074537
Must be new, its ok I'll educate you.

An lgbt board was repeatedly asked for since there was no board suitable to discuss lgbt discussions, whereas /pol/ was created to contain the shitposting that spread out after the old news board was removed for being what /pol/ is now. /pol/ was the original containment board. /mlp/ was created to contain the pony posting that had popped up across 4chan .
>>
>>6074524
>The "best way to treat" according to you indignant feels about "le degenerates", the actual doctors and research and statistics support transition and acceptance of trans people as the most effective available treatment.

Am not /pol/ that place gives me a headache and just "transitioning" is not only the most effective treatment.
But then I ask what you all mean by "transitioning"?

>>6074593
Read:>>6069535,>>6069628,>>6069635,>>6069719,>>6069739,>>6069800

Am not taking gender dysphoria or being transgender am taking about the common narrative that am seeing pressuring people to transition, shunning people who different views on "treatment" approaches and what it means to be transgender, i.e like a cult.
>>
>>6069729

What do you think made you pick up your views?
>>
>>6062490
Under-rated post.
>>
>>6075159
Gender dysphoria does not respond to therapy or medication alone beside hrt medication to facilitate transition.
The specifics of transition can vary from case to case but include legal status changes, actively living as the gender they identify as, hrt, and whatever surgeries are needed to reduce gender dysphoria.

>Am not taking gender dysphoria or being transgender am taking about the common narrative that am seeing pressuring people to transition, shunning people who different views on "treatment" approaches and what it means to be transgender, i.e like a cult.
Transition is the treatment for gender dysphoria, no alternative treatment has proved effective, that is the medical fact, the rest sound like some sort of tumblr strawman boogieman that /pol/ would come up with. Diagnostic procedures are only getting better at differentiating gender-variant behavior from gender dysphoria and it's purely /pol/-tier conspiracy fear-mongering that suggests that there's some great problem of non-trans people being forced to transition that somehow escapes statistical data because of the liberal or sjw or jewish conspiracy.
>>
>Diagnostic procedures only getting better at differentiating gender-variant behavior from gender dysphoria

They are only getting more loose. Now just "gender nonconforming" people, even those who have the slightest hint of dysphoria, can transition.

>>6076242
>Gender dysphoria does not respond to therapy or medication alone beside hrt

You're saying the only way to treat people with this mental disorder is to give them hormone replacement therapy?

>>6076242
>Transition is the treatment for gender dysphoria

Then what does transition consist of then? What is it?
>>
>>6062453
Well listen, you have gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria is a mental illness. It's not your fault. Sadly, society is so PC that we don't research a cure to make dysphoria go away through medicating. Society blindly accepts that cutting off your cock and wearing a dress is "the cure".
>>
>>6076572
HRT is a good treatment for gender dysphoria. And it has the benefit of potentially extending your life since testosterone is reduced dramatically.
>>
>>6069729

Stay redpilled, just understand that transgenderism is a real thing and make that adjustment to your ideology. A fucking /pol/ tranny would be prime waifu material.
>>
>>6065497
>sigh
please leave you flamer
>>
>>6077133
>And it has the benefit of potentially extending your life since testosterone is reduced dramatically.

Source?
>>
>>6078180
Probably referring to the eunuch study
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/new-study-highlights-the-role-of-testosterone-in-longevity/2012/10/01/705f9acc-0724-11e2-858a-5311df86ab04_story.html

But enuches in the royal courts also had a better quality of life and less stress.
The trade off is an very imbalanced endocrine system. They had total erectile dysfunction, gained weight, couldn’t build muscle, and had to live their entire lives without enjoying sex. Their risk of type 2 diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure was higher. They probably didn’t have much energy, drive or lust for life, either. Both balanced levels of testosterone and estrogen are needed for normal functioning.
>>
>>6062453
T b h f a m

I don't agree to destroying your health to look like the other sex
And you have 0,6% changes of finding a SO as a trans...
Don't set yourself up for more pain and mental issues ,not worth it

Live with your misery but move over it,we can't get almost everything we want
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.